It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian PM - Julia Gillard, Addresses US Congress. Anyone else feeling nauseous??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Sorry All to sound negative but this speech made me feel sick!

There was so much ass kissing and sucking up that i didnt know where it started and ended....

Yes it's great we are allies, i totally agree, but as for the American political system and it's laws that are very different from us here in AU...

To name a couple;

Healthcare - Our government looks after our sick and injured, god forbid we ever follow a privatiosed system like the US.

Gun Laws - The last time some nut when on a ramage with a semi or auto weapon was in Port Aurthor, Tasmania. Sine we have outlawed all handguns and Auto / Semi - Auto Weapons with the exception of Defence, Law enforcment, hunters, collectors or sports shooters.

Immigration is much different.

Our policy on military force is much different, although we are only stuck in situations due to '' favours '' or debts owed due to past wars. Although i agree with Afganistan, i do not and will never agree with the invasion of Iraq. There could have been a peacful resolution!

The list goes on...

But fir all those that feel like seeing some grade A butt kissing - here is the clip....

Dont misunderstand me though, there are some nice and touching parts to the speech, and i do stand by our alliance. However there are many things she could have said and have stated her opinion on but she did not....

She only went there with the goal of gaining applause...

edit on 11-3-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
As long as it doesn't affect policy here In Australia than I have no problems with her increasing relations with other countries.

If policy does change here, we can vote her out.

But I do agree it is disconcerting.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Just for good measure i though i would throw in PM Gillard's vist to Wakefielf High with Pres Obama and a couple other clips.

As i said i am happy that we are allies with the US, but since that late 70's, the political system has appeards to decline where as ours has seemed to improve.

Health, Currency, Gun Laws, Jobs, Economics ( The AU $ is above parody with the US $... )

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Alina

I agree with you 100% but that speech kinda scares me...

She talks to them like role models... what happenes when population + increased immigration meanes that Medicare is no longer feasible??

Will they use the US system as an example??

I hope not, i dont wanna be turned away from GP or a doctor becase i have no health care. I pay a mortage, rising fuel prices, rising grocery prices and etc.

Today we take for granted that health care is covered, but what about tomorrow. That speech scared me in alot of ways, the fact that she holds the US in such high regard and as such a good example.

But there are already things we are doing much better than them, peace-keeping, health, gun control. Civil rights and security measures....

Edit;

Well if you agree Give me a star and flag lmao...jokes but yeah there are things we should be worried about if she holding the US system in such high esteem....

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

I cant help but think that over time we are being conditioned to be more and more like the US, i know at least half of the US states... why.. i dont care less, but over time i have learnt from TV and school.

I bet less than 10% Americans can name 1 Au state let alone where we are in the globe??

All the US shows we have 7 days a week on our TV.... Why???

We have enough quality shows to watch or documentaries and educational shows to watch...

Although i love Family Guy hehe

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Yo watch it Havick007, you're gunna be labeled an anti-American

Seriously though, I thought PM Gillard's speech was very good

I don't think Aust. will turn into a mini U.S type country anytime soon. lol

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Damn she's hot, youns are lucky to have such a hittable PM in my opinion. She can come and lead my country any day

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Yeah, she almost made me sick too.

Wait until she returns home.....I know all about some demonstrations coming her way all over the country and bus loads to Canberra over her carbon taxes planned for next week!!!!

Many saying Julia Gillard is now FINISHED and she may be bumped to the curb within weeks; even her warlords within the Labor power house are angry with her and already there's talk of dumping her for another.

Bye Bye JuLIAR

edit on 11-3-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

yeah her approval rating is already down to 30%

Also to the above reply, i am not anti- american - although i openly admit i am anti- american politics ha

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Just a quick reply.
Yes Our PM made me spew a little bit of chunky corn in my mouth when addressing the US (Jewish) congress And I dont even eat corn,( so figure that out
:wow
)
We are now yet another nation of Guttless pricks getting raped by the the High and mighty.
We have to start learning yoga my fellow Aussies as I think its time to kiss our arse goodbye.

edit on 11-3-2011 by meathed because: Im a meathed and really bad at spelling. BLAME my learners, ME eldas. The theaching Man. ANY one but I.

edit on 11-3-2011 by meathed because: Because im a meathed and i forget.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I quite frankly never liked her, her first move as PM (with the support of her party) was to stab Rudd in the back, under the pretence of things needing to change, then she gets into power, and changes nothing?

I never trusted her as a person and I never thought much of labour in general, but you also don't vote for a person you vote for their parties policies, In this regard she is not actually important at all she is just a figurehead.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by meathed

We were once gutless pricks but now its time to rise up, it's not too late but we have to do it NOW if we want positive change in our country.

Now get your teeth in to this:

and join this:

www.facebook.com...

www.facebook.com...#!/event.php?eid=130988133640857

Alan Jones:

www.2gb.com...

More demonstrations coming up in Australia and world wide:

www.zdayglobal.org...

FIRE WATER:

www.infowars.com...

firewaterfilm.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Alina

It's not that i dont like her, i just didnt like what happened to Rudd, although he had his bad points, i just didnt like how that did a Ninja on him and snapped him as PM. It wasnt right...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Thanks,( Not)
I was after an easy way out, I was just gunna sit back and change the world 1 keyboard press at a time.

Damn you for making me stand up and think for myself and others. Damn you

Ps , Thanks for giving me homework to watch and tests to revise for tomorrow too.
I will reply as soon as my work Is done.

edit on 11-3-2011 by meathed because: Im a meathed and really bad at spelling. BLAME my learners, ME eldas. The theaching Man. ANY one but I.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
In war and peace ! I feel there was was a hidden under current to that statement .I believe she has committed Australia to a new war in the Middle East , behind closed doors and in darkness .The rediculuss applause could not be justified by anything else from those hyenas . I do not like some of the players she has and is having talks with .
I cannot stand the monotone of this patronizing woman ,at least she did not require a teleprompter .Talk about a egotistical little puppet , that red dress stood out like a sore thumb .True Australian Kath and Kim moment there ! LOOK AT ME ! LOOK AT ME ! Her choice of color make me think of a certain woman from Babylon , anyone else ?
I think this lying cheat is evil and will be Australia's undoing !

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

I just could not stand the constant and blatant butt kissing and praise for the US '' Govt ''

I am not anti-US but the government's havent done much lately over there to restore any kind of faith or beleif...

Obama - ''Yes we can'' ??? Change?? i am lost in those statement's.... No Change so far... and '' Yes we can'' What is that supposed to mean?

Our political system and laws are much better than the US! - - Anti Gun control, Govt provided Health Care ( Medicare ) - the same as Canada, the UK, EU and France....

We dont go starting pointless war's that are not necessary and do not involve us...

Hignsight and an outside perspective help quite abit....

Perrhaps they should focus on their own country, the amless unemplyment - loss of production and workforce. Finance and Debt, the budget that is in deficit

Oh perhaps that answers why today the AU $$ was above and buying more US $$
hooray for us!!!

$1AU = $1.19US - hard to explain considering the US is supposed to be superior....

Approx 21.5 Million AU popluation compared to the US supposed superior Approx 130 Million population....

edit on 15-3-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I always thought she was attractive. By the way, That Port Arthur 96 incident was a false flag, blamed on a retard.

new topics

top topics

join