It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 987.htm
<< 984  985  986    988  989  990 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I spoke too soon earlier, the bright lights are going again along with the smoke/steam.

I have been looking at the pictures from the webcam and I have been trying to discover which buildings are producing the lights for us. I know I had an guess before but I wanted to try again.

Just a few enlargements from the webcam tonight. red arrow == smoke/steam. The tower for #3 is on the left.

More smoke/steam and that white thing I mentioned earlier

Now a couple of gifs which may help us identify the buildings where the lights are coming from. I have taken a daytime shot and overlaid the night time bright lights.

and this

==========================
I also want to draw your attention to the blast damage near to the buildings next to the Common Spent Fuel Pool opposite #4. There is a lot of powdered concrete on the bank behind these two buildings and so there must have been a hefty blast which blew out the walls. We can see on the other side what happened

I have forgotten or never knew what this smaller building is used for...
Next to that CSFP is the building where the electricity comes in (is this the switching yard?) and is opposite the tower for #3. The opposite side to that, from the CSFP, is a smaller building which appears to have been completely gutted and blown up from inside.

This is the most likely evidence for the underground complex as there is nothing to obviously cause any explosion.

Where the electricity comes in next door, TEPCO could say that something blew up concerning the power transformers etc (see the total mess of that building too)

As far as I can tell, this smaller building on the opposite side of the switching/electricity building from the CSFP has not been named and I cannot find a map with any details about it.

Does anyone have any details on that building which is destroyed please? The one next to the access slope road on the right of this picture.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

I am not sure if we speak about the same,
in my Opinion the big Light are installed on the Roof of the Radiation Waste Treatment Building,
this would make sense and is logical, have a look:

The Pic seems to big,
at the moment i do not know what to do!

Go to Google:
Pic

Maybe this one works:

Not working properly, go to: Pic

edit on 27-7-2011 by Human0815 because: too big

edit on 27-7-2011 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-7-2011 by Human0815 because: one more try, never give up!

edit on 27-7-2011 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
3.45am Japan Time,
they are still working with Light!

What is going on there tonight?
Makes me feel unsafe!!!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

From what I understand gamma bursts can come from anywhere there is corium. This could be in the reactors (or under them), or from SFP's that may have some corium puddles. If there are corium blobs in any of the SFP's these would be acting like any other corium blob in that they will have a crust which insulates the melted fuel inside this tough shell. The "lava" inside the blob heats to criticality and then cools rapidly, then heats again and cools again and so on until your kids kids kids kids kids kids +2000....... pass on. TRN explained this process whereby corium pulses. A flash of light, like some of the flashes we have seen on June 14 and July 7 could accompany these events. It would look like a quick pulse of light. This is from an intense gamma burst of radioactive energy bouncing off the moisture in the air, what you really see is the afterglow. If there is criticality events happening, I would imagine there is the possibility of a reappearance of neutron beams also.

What's really interesting is if the events are coming from SFP blobs then we are really in a crap storm because these pools don't have a reinforced secondary containment floor - nothing between them and the world except the water they can keep on top to shield us from the gamma rads. This would produce massive amounts of steam. Question is whether any of this corium has burned through the floors into the lower parts of the building basements or UC.

The 'glowing' we might be seeing at night can be lights from work crews lighting up clouds. This is a really common phenomena. Ever look at a city on the horizon on a cloudy night. Lights up the clouds like a huge glowing cap - very impressive. This could be all that is happening. As the clouds and fog move, plus there is steam that the reactors and pools are producing, visible at night, and all this moisture in the air combined with all radioactive particles is probably making for some very weird and nasty 'air soup'.

We never really did figure out what this was did we? I think that the speculation was a large transformer blowout but there was never any photos or proof. I think it could have been the afterglow from large gamma bursts.

June 14 Small bursts :40 sec in.

July 7 Small bursts :58 and 2:21 sec in. (although there may be other small mini-bursts in this video aslo)

edit on 27-7-2011 by Wertwog because: fiddling

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

Makes sense.

reply to post by qmantoo

Very interesting. If it is the waste treatment facility what is causing this smoke/steam? I'm leaning toward thinking it must be the CSFP. Could they be working in both areas perhaps?

If this steam/smoke is from the CSFP we are all fugged, but mostly GET OUT OF JAPAN NOW!!!

reply to post by duggedup

At this point I wouldn't put anything past these ba*tards but I'm inclined to think they really are working on something at night and need the lights. Whether it's the electrical or the waste treatment they have been fiddling with or something else.

Found this little tidbit.

edit on 27-7-2011 by Wertwog because: added something

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
From my desk to yours....

U.S. wasn't fully prepared for radiation risks following Japan earthquake, top general says

Stars and Stripes
The March 11 earthquake and subsequent tsunami damaged the Fukushima Dai-Ichi Nuclear Power Station, leading to the release of a radioactive plume that contaminated air and water as far south as Tokyo. “As the (Fukushima Dai-ichi) reactors exploded and ...www.stripes.com... al-says-1.150236

New group forms to keep nuke industry on track after Fukushima

TheDay.com
By Patricia Daddona The organization that makes policy for the nuclear industry told Wall Street Tuesday that, following the recent disaster in Japan, a new ad hoc group will help US reactors run even more safely. Marvin Fertel, president and chief ...www.theday.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by zworld

Originally posted by Ektar
reply to post by zworld

Glad to have you back, hope you had some time to relax.

--
I should add that this is another reason that I suspect the existence of a UC and prompt criticality occurring down there. It seems that very few actual pieces of concrete with high rad levels were found, and all but one in the switching yard near the SY building that blew. But great attention has been paid dust on the slope behind the SY and CSFP. An explosion underground would have pulverized concrete, and what would have made it through the tunnel system and out through the SY, CSFP or wherever, would have been dust.
edit on 27-7-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

What would have caused a prompt criticality down in the UC?

Hummm. I wonder. Possibly a corium blob burning through secondary containment into the basement, hitting water .... boom! We have a vertical blast that also sends a shockwave laterally through the UC tunnels popping off the manhole covers and causing the other damage to the buildings. Honestly I wouldn't think the blast was big enough for that, unless it was a very small blob.

We know that within 90 minutes on March 12 had full meltdown. When did the RPV breach and we had melt-through? Does anyone remember if Tepco has said when this occurred? How long would a corium blob of MOX take to burn through the RPV? I can't remember if we have seen any models of this, but we should be able to mathematically calculate this from the 6" thickness of the vessel stainless, it's melting temp and the temp of corium. The unknown factor is how much coolant they were they able to get in and the interaction of boron and other agents they used, and we know now they were cooling the shroud, not the fuel directly - meaning they couldn't get water into the RPV. With this knowledge, the concern about the sodium from the sea water coating the fuel and forming a thermal barrier doesn't apply.

So many questions so few answers.
edit on 27-7-2011 by Wertwog because: fiddling

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
U.S. wasn't fully prepared for radiation risks following Japan earthquake, top general say
www.stripes.com... says-1.150236

U.S. Forces Japan has declined Stars and Stripes’ requests to release the levels of radiation or toxic substances detected in areas where U.S. personnel worked during Operation Tomodachi. The military also has not released levels of radiation detected on servicemembers’ clothing and equipment. However, last week the U.S. Pacific Command’s top surgeon Rear Adm. Michael H. Mittelman held town hall meetings at U.S. bases in Japan to tell people about a plan to calculate radiation doses received by each of the approximately 61,000 U.S. personnel living and working in Japan during the disaster. The military has already done “internal monitoring” of radiation levels inside the bodies of 7,700 personnel who worked in parts of the disaster zone closest to the damaged power plant, including those who flew over the disaster zone, Mittelman said. The scans revealed that 98 percent of those personnel did not have elevated radiation inside their bodies, he said. Mittelman said that among the 2 percent of servicemembers (about 154 individuals) with elevated internal radiation levels the highest readings were about 25 millirems, equivalent to the dose that they would receive from 2 1/2 chest X-rays. Field said he learned some lessons from the operation. “I would have been a lot smarter on the effect of radiation on humans, plants, animals, fish, ocean, land, air, soil, kids…,” he said. “I had zero idea about nuclear reactors before. I could probably teach a course in nuclear reactors and nuclear physics medicine at this point.”

I would not let him teach my dog.

edit on 27-7-2011 by rbrtj because: unbelievable

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by rbrtj

From my desk to yours....

U.S. wasn't fully prepared for radiation risks following Japan earthquake, top general says

Stars and Stripes
The March 11 earthquake and subsequent tsunami damaged the Fukushima Dai-Ichi Nuclear Power Station, leading to the release of a radioactive plume that contaminated air and water as far south as Tokyo. “As the (Fukushima Dai-ichi) reactors exploded and ...www.stripes.com... al-says-1.150236

New group forms to keep nuke industry on track after Fukushima

TheDay.com
By Patricia Daddona The organization that makes policy for the nuclear industry told Wall Street Tuesday that, following the recent disaster in Japan, a new ad hoc group will help US reactors run even more safely. Marvin Fertel, president and chief ...www.theday.com...

Glad to see the stripes coming out with this. I think the pull-out might have been part of a larger political game that is being played out however.

______

Ya, let's see how fast this new ad hoc group gets bought by the nuke gangsters. Sorry, don't mean to sound pessimistic but, well, I am. It will become just another set of lingerie for the industry to dress themselves in.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

NewsDaily: Special report: Fukushima long ranked most hazardous plant

By Chisa Fujioka and Kevin Krolicki
TOKYO, July 26, 2011 (Reuters) — Japan's Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant ranked as one of the most dangerous in the world for radiation exposure years before it was destroyed by the meltdowns and explosions that followed the March 11 ...www.newsdaily.com...

Oh it just gets better.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertwog

Not sure why by I get a 404 on the Stars and Stripes, but in regards to the second Ad Hoc story.....What makes them think we're gonna give them a second chance to damage 12,000 generations of life on earth ? This is the nuclear mafia octopus in exteme panic / damage control mode again. After all...They want a bailout !

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aircooled
reply to post by Wertwog

Not sure why by I get a 404 on the Stars and Stripes, but in regards to the second Ad Hoc story.....What makes them think we're gonna give them a second chance to damage 12,000 generations of life on earth ? This is the nuclear mafia octopus in exteme panic / damage control mode again. After all...They want a bailout !

Ya, the link didn't work so I dug it up on stripes... here is it US wasn't fully prepared.. and ya, he's playing dumb, but at least stripes is running a story about it

Nice video. Yes, you're right. I think they are in full-on spin mode and have been for months. They may win. I hope not, but so far indications aren't good. I think they'll get their bailout and 'the people' don't really care except for a few of us moonbats who like to enjoy life as non-radioactive as possible. Crazy aren't we?
edit on 27-7-2011 by Wertwog because: spelling

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Here is the entire story from S&S

By SETH ROBSON
Stars and Stripes
Published: July 27, 2011
TOKYO — In the first few days of Japan’s nuclear crisis this spring, the U.S. military wasn’t fully prepared to deal with possible radiation exposure to its troops and equipment, the top U.S. general in Japan said Wednesday. U.S. Forces Japan commander Lt. Gen. Burton M. Field talked about the radiation risk to U.S. troops during a briefing on Operation Tomodachi for members of the American Chamber of Commerce in Japan on Wednesday. The March 11 earthquake and subsequent tsunami damaged the Fukushima Dai-Ichi Nuclear Power Station, leading to the release of a radioactive plume that contaminated air and water as far south as Tokyo. “As the (Fukushima Dai-ichi) reactors exploded and they sent some of that radiation out, we had the issue with it being detected off shore by the Navy,” he said. “We had to start dealing with the kind of environment that the U.S. military had not really worked in, so we didn’t have the strictest guidelines on what kind of risk we would take in terms of radiation exposure for our (service) members.” Servicemembers didn’t initially know what kind of contamination procedures they would have to use for equipment that was going to be exposed to the radiation, he said. “We had really no idea of the level which that contamination was going to rise to and the radiation was going to rise to,” he said. “The impact it was going to have in the short or long term was uncertain.” Shortly after the earthquake, personnel from the Department of Energy departed the U.S. with radiation measuring equipment bound for Yokota Air Base, he said. The equipment could measure radiation on the ground if it was flown over an area in an aircraft, Field said. “We figured out how to strap these things on airplanes and helicopters,” he said. “We asked the pilots: ‘Okay, we are going to have you fly into weird and wonderful places that might have a lot of radiation. Who’s in?’ ” ADVERTISEMENT Every pilot who was asked volunteered for the mission, Field said. U.S. Forces Japan has declined Stars and Stripes’ requests to release the levels of radiation or toxic substances detected in areas where U.S. personnel worked during Operation Tomodachi. The military also has not released levels of radiation detected on servicemembers’ clothing and equipment. However, last week the U.S. Pacific Command’s top surgeon Rear Adm. Michael H. Mittelman held town hall meetings at U.S. bases in Japan to tell people about a plan to calculate radiation doses received by each of the approximately 61,000 U.S. personnel living and working in Japan during the disaster. The military has already done “internal monitoring” of radiation levels inside the bodies of 7,700 personnel who worked in parts of the disaster zone closest to the damaged power plant, including those who flew over the disaster zone, Mittelman said. The scans revealed that 98 percent of those personnel did not have elevated radiation inside their bodies, he said. Mittelman said that among the 2 percent of servicemembers (about 154 individuals) with elevated internal radiation levels the highest readings were about 25 millirems, equivalent to the dose that they would receive from 2 1/2 chest X-rays. Field said he learned some lessons from the operation. “I would have been a lot smarter on the effect of radiation on humans, plants, animals, fish, ocean, land, air, soil, kids…,” he said. “I had zero idea about nuclear reactors before. I could probably teach a course in nuclear reactors and nuclear physics medicine at this point.

www.stripes.com... says-1.150236
edit on 27-7-2011 by rbrtj because: goofed

edit on 27-7-2011 by rbrtj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I just google + 1 this thread.
Lets see what happens.
Either the world will get a peek into all this info,
or little Japanese men in black suits
will be knocking at my door.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by qmantoo

Does anyone have any details on that building which is destroyed please? The one next to the access slope road on the right of this picture.

This is the building that I call the 1/2 SY and the center piece of earlier posts about the switching yard. It's the back half of the switching yard building for one and two, and the tower it is attached to is the 3/4 SY, which didnt receive damage. Its where I believe the early pulse, and secondary vertical columns of smoke with flashes in them (during R3's blast) originated from.

Im going to organize all previous posts concerning the CSFP, 1/2 SY and UC posts into one pdf or file so everyone can be up to date, and then keep expanding it.

Ill post tomorrow AM two posts, I promise, 1) new data concerning the 1/2 SY and 2) analysis of the small building just west of the 4 exhaust stack that I believe is where either a) the lights themselves are, or b) behind it on the CWT with the lighting from the lights hitting the small building.

Here is a list of unanswered questions that are answered by the existence of an underground complex

1) The most striking is the explosion (supposed) in R2. At the same time as the explosion in R4, workers reported hearing an explosion in R2. This was listed as such. But no damage to R2 has been detected. TEPCO has stated that the suppression chamber/torus exploded but getting anywhere near that area is impossible. So there is no proof of anything, except that at the same time that workers reported R4 blowing, others also reported hearing R2 blow, and the suppression chamber lost pressure.

2) R3 exploded in an inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale fashion. The last three have been explained by scientists as natural. However, no explanation has been given for the first inhalation/implosion.

3) The blast in R3 caused a suppression chamber valve in the basement of R2 to get stuck. There has never been a good explanation for this either.

4) The current secrecy surrounding the CSFP, after previously being a standout point for TEPCO is incredible. That they would try and erase it from the radar with such vigor immediately raises eyebrows and begs one to ask questions.

5) The need to spray anti-scattering agent to stop the spread of radioactive particles in areas that didnt seem to be contaminated (ie around the CSFP, switching yard and CWT) before any spraying was done to the reactors and explosion debris fields that were supposedly the reason for using anti-scattering agent in the first place.

6) The explosion in R4. Originally thought to be caused by the SFP, this then changed (after no damage to SFP was discovered) to be from hydrogen fed R4 from R3 via their common connection with the exhaust stack. But the connection for R3 was blown when R3 exploded, which meant that R4 had to hold on to hydrogen fed it before R3 exploded at 11AM on the 14th, and 19 hours later explode. The problem with this scenario is that hydrogen is much lighter than air and the path to R4 would first drop down before rising again after the exhaust stack. Since the primary function of the stack is to take whatever is in R3 and R4 and disperse it into the atmosphere, and heat already being generated in R3 would have created a significant draft up the exhaust system, it seems that any hydrogen in the piping would have exited up the exhaust stack before going into R4.

7) Why the need for four exhaust stacks connected together to make the big exhaust stack from the waste treatment area, south of the exhaust stacks for 1-2 and 3-4. There are a couple of buildings incorporated into the Centralized Waste Treatment (CWT), including an incineration section. However, four stacks, each the same size as the stacks needed to exude two reactors at once, is way overkill for incinerating waste and whatever else they do there. (And especially why two stacks connected to one of the smaller buildings in the CWT complex).

It should also be noted that all exhaust stacks go into the ground, so the above ground connections may be meaningless, if the stacks are connected underground.

8) Why the heat sources picked up on thermal from the CSFP.

9) Why did a covered barge leave ASAP from the plant to never be seen again.

10) Why was Fukushima built on sedimentary soil, when it appears that most other NPPs in Japan weren't. Fukushima is one of the largest plants in the world.

11) Why the big difference between R1 and R2/R3 in water radiation levels in reactor basements.

Unit 1 R/B: 250,000 Bq/cm3 (Cs-134 + Cs-137)
Unit 2 R/B: 6,100,000 Bq/cm3 (Cs-134 + Cs-137)
Unit 3 R/B: 3,100,000 Bq/cm3 (Cs-134 + Cs-137)

12) Why the high rad readings around the switching yard.

13) Why does the blast damage to the 1/2 SY building appear to be from inside the structure and not from R3's blast.

14) Why does there appear to be separate explosions that make up the R3 blast, ie. smoke columns that shoot up and expand in all directions from the switching yard area.

15) Why do they need to pump nitrogen into the CSFP.

16) Why was the cam set up so that the area south and west of the reactors can't be seen, and why the intense nightime activity in this area.

17) Where is all the water going that is being pumped into R3.

And last but far from least;

18) What is the pulse that comes a fraction of a second before the initiation of R3's blast, and that appears to come from the vicinity of the switching yard.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by zworld

For You & Werthog....
Wert you beat me to it, as my question next question for Z was going to be in re to the melt throughs
too. At first we we were thinking corium burned through the bottom down into the ground & hitting that water....
but if we have 3 melt throughs burning down into a UC in multiple places, including the MOX, not knowing how many tunnels or the structure complex, nor whatever else they possibly could have below is scary.
Seems like the current situation could become MUCH worse.
Thanks Z I have a little bit more understanding of the cement rubble Dust piles there...I guess since this is ALL new to me, is after seeing that huge blast & what possibly appeared to be the cement or whatever lid go up & come down...all I could picture in my mind was that all the fuel rods from #3 went out along with it, blowing out every where & including the loaded pellets in the rods over a huge dispersed area. Then the MSM news blob re storage caskets sitting outside & possibly floating to who knows here during the Tsunami.
I pictured that #3 blew ALL to hell pieces of rods & pellets went every where & who knows how far they were ejected & then the Tsunami water picked them up from the location & pushed them further inland or possibly they went back out with the tide. I apologize for for asking questions below the IQs here...but it's the only way to learn. Yes I could go search things to a point but answers may not be related to this event.
If the Corium has gone down into the UC how long before it goes below that? Seems like they would have seen that melt coming in time to place lead plates or all the other fixes mentioned in the thread.
Thank you ALL for being patient & kind in re to my questions, it is GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Cheers
Ektar
PS What has happened to DWW, Purplechive, SFA437 & Destinone?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertwog

What would have caused a prompt criticality down in the UC?

It follows the scenario of there being three elements to the R3 blast. The first is a flash/pulse explosion a fraction of a second before the R3 blast. The second is produced by this flash/pulse which ignites the hydrogen in both the UC and R3. This explosion of hydrogen in the UC produces immense amounts of pressure within the structure causing either prompt criticality, or even super prompt criticality for the third part. Whatever fuel ignited in the UC was under the kind of pressure that I suspect youd get in a bomb, and since they would be using this complex for refining fuel, it could have been a small nuclear explosion. Im just quessing there though obviously.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

I'm not sure where the corium is in any of the sites. At the moment, the limited knowledge I have leads me to believe that it is either in the rpv or more likely the basement below in the case of 3. It could also be in many small blobs and will be mixed with other molten items. Each scenario is different, but I doubt it's made its way past the basement. The bulk being in the basement for 3 explains why the water is so radioactive in the basements of 2 and 3, since it appears they are connected.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
And even another "where the hell is all that water going" post.
from www3.nhk.or.jp...

TEPCO says the temperature of the No.3 reactor is relatively stable, but it needs more water than the others because of leaks and other problems.

Could someone please tell me what is meant by 'other problems'. You have leaks, that's where the water goes. What other problems make the water disappear.

We're entering the land of triplespeak, cause doublespeak wasnt good enough.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by zworld

The core breaching the containment vessels bottom is my guess.

The Gamma Burst theory makes my skin crawl and I wonder who was close by?.
Did this explosion happen after the firemen left or before?
I have always found it hard to believe that 23,000 firemen were there and not one is dead.
The radiation now around building one will kill you in no time if your just in a fireman turnouts.
Maybe the Navy barge was loaded with coffins.
I did a search at the time and found that centerfuge crates resembled coffins and never put 2 & 2 together.
this could also explain white they had "white" sheets over them.
Burial at sea?
Anyhow, just a feeling and here is a link to an article that has the video, notice no radiation gear, just normal respirators and turnouts.
www.japannuclearreactordisaster.com...

Levels of Radiation Rapidly Rising In Ibaraki Prefecture Near Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant

]ALERT JAPAN Admits Full MELTDOWN (China Syndrome) Japan’s Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power
Very interesting, UK says radiation levels 8 times higher than normal?
It is going to be a long night here.
Going to go verify.

:puz
edit on 28-7-2011 by rbrtj because: added info without a new reply

top topics

<< 984  985  986    988  989  990 >>

join