It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 986.htm
<< 983  984  985    987  988  989 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by zworld

Here is the link to the end of the video.
Harrah!! for the little guy who follows the big shot all the way and blocks the elevator.
I'd cover his six anyday!! Good Job Man!!
www.youtube.com...=243

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
ex-skf.blogspot.com...

Here is the latest piece pf propaganda from the Tepco/Military Coalition (TMC). Edano and the IAEA brass take a tour of Fukushima, and there are three conclusions that can be drawn from this video.

1) Someone must a fugged up big time by forgetting to tell the IAEA about all the damage around the reactors 1-4, which explains why their "important" tour of the plant amounted to a stroll down the pier for a view of the ocean.

2) After seeing the minute plus ending of Amano getting every crevice checked for rads, I think the world can rest assured that the nuke guys do everything they can to make sure you dont leave the plant with the gift that goes on giving, and giving, and giving (even to the worms after your dead
)

3) I don't care how nuked this place is, Im an ex surfer turned surf photographer and I want to see someone hitting the killer left that can be seen at 2;40 to 2:47 and 3:59 to 4:05. Locals claim the rock reef walls and holds for long distances, partly due to offshore winds, and when bigger, 7 second tube rides occur. F%$#@! Tepco

edit on 26-7-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by rbrtj
Harrah!! for the little guy who follows the big shot all the way and blocks the elevator.

thats the part that really got to me. All he wanted was a simple answer to his simple question "why wont you help us".

I pray he someday finds an answer, and lets us all know why.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Tourists open to going to Japan: survey Toronto Sun

Just four months after a devastating earthquake in Japan, a new survey has found tourists are willing to consider the country as a travel destination. The Hotels.com survey found Japan ranked in the top three favourite global destinations, www.torontosun.com...

I hope radiation suits are included in the trip package

I read the ex-skf.blogspot.com article and had to bring this out;

In Reactors 1, 2 and 3, the cooling water is being poured outside the core shroud to lower the temperature of the fuel. The method is adequate in Reactor 1 and 2 with about 4 tonnes/hour water injection, but in Reactor 3 this method of cooling is not efficient enough, and it requires 9 tonnes/hour water.

ex-skf.blogspot.com...

Folks my question is still where is 13 tonnes of water an hour really going, there is no way on God's green earth you can clean that amount before dumping it back on the fire or into the ocean. Then I got to thinking, if the water is not coming into contact with the nuclear fuel itself than how radioactive will it be?
Anyone left to answer that one?

edit on 26-7-2011 by rbrtj because: added info without a new reply

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Has anyone seen this? The plant is coved in smoke ot steam

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Yes & the TBS camera has been much foggier or smokier than the TEPCO camera.
The lights were scary last night. The 3 or 4 there behind the bushes were very bright the the one on
the far right grew brighter & taller & boom it was out....the others dimmed as well then one got brighter , then they seemed to dim, I switched camera views, & then came back & they were all out.

Cheers
Ektar
Good to see you & Berkley!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

Hey girl! looks bad....I saw the ground and the tanes swaying

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by rbrtj

Tourists open to going to Japan: survey Toronto Sun

Just four months after a devastating earthquake in Japan, a new survey has found tourists are willing to consider the country as a travel destination. The Hotels.com survey found Japan ranked in the top three favourite global destinations.

You have got to be kidding me. Ive got this sick vision in my head of people in Fukushima coming out of a government building all distraught and some air head American in ugly shirt clicks a picture, and then asks in real bad Japanese "way which to Fukushima?"

Folks my question is still where is 13 tonnes of water an hour really going

Its more than that I think since they were pumping 9+ tons into 3 alone. Which makes it even stranger, cause the steam emissions have mellowed as of late from 3, so it's not boiling off, or is it. Personally, since I believe that the R3 blast started underground, flashed throughout the underground complex and up into unit 3, exerting enough pressure into fuel somewhere in the complex to cause a prompt criticality, which then followed the path of least resistance back up and out R3, it makes sense to me that the water is going into the torus and basement and from there into an open tunnel passage.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by zworld

Glad to have you back, hope you had some time to relax.
This is old & I'm not sure if it would be of any interest or just plain stupid at this point. But at the beginning of this disaster some time around day 1 or 2 it was mentioned in the media about concerns of dry casket or casket storage outside of the plants, in square containers being washed away by the tsunami. There was another person early in the thread that also recalled the same thing. However after it was mentioned it totally disappeared in the news & never heard any more about it. If the story is possible rods could have washed inland, to sea, or both. Sorry I'm getting my education on Nuke here...but do you think all the different Hot Spots are from the Blown #3 pieces going every where or a combo of underground water, sewage, ocean filtration, & looking at those videos where the ground seems to actually be floating with water coming or shooting up? That's beyond crazy! I feel So bad for the people....I kinda understand ground liquification coming from Los Angeles...Northridge Quake....my block was the cover of the mags...It was bad but nothing like this....not just their health, food , living, but the psychological aspects as well. I haven't seen them mentioning anything about mental heath counseling which is vital to survive in the most healthy way possible.
Are they allowing the orphaned or any children to leave for adoption?

Cheers
Ektar
I was also suspicious about alternative motives since TEPCO & Gov were not doing ANYTHING to help the situation & thought there were alternative motives, other wise they would have invited everyone around the world & gotten up off their arses to so something. I agree with the U C !!! Thank you for all your HARD work & time!!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Desertion is "UnJapanese, possible epidemic of suicide and depression"

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Tepco Press Release

On July 26, a staff of TEPCO wore the full-face mask at the Fukushima
Daini Power Station and then moved to the Fukushima Daiichi Power Station.
When he drove a car to return to the main anti-earthquake building of the
Fukushima Daiichi Power Station at 2:45pm on the same day,
he found that he had forgotten attaching the filter to the mask.
It was confirmed that
the internal exposure level was not harmful to the human body.
- At 10:00am on July 27, we started to transfer low level accumulated water
from the outdoor temporary tank to the "Mega-Float."

Spent Fuel Pools as a Bright Spot in Fukushima’s Crisis

The staff of the Nuclear Regulatory Commission recently produced a list of safety improvements that might be undertaken at American nuclear plants in light of the Fukushima disaster in Japan. On Tuesday, the nuclear industry focused on two elements that were conspicuous by their absence.

source

SPECIAL REPORT-Fukushima long ranked Japan's most hazardous nuclear plant

* One of 5 worst nuclear plants in world for exposure to radiation

* Tepco prioritised cost-savings over radiation standard

* Tepco says old plants like Fukushima have high radiation

* Foreign workers used to avoid exposing staff to high radiation

* Improvements made at Fukushima before disaster hit

source

edit on 27-7-2011 by Human0815 because: additional Info

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ektar
reply to post by zworld

Glad to have you back, hope you had some time to relax.

Funny you should ask. I never relax. But I had an exceptionally great time dancing and grooving for two days at the exceptionally high "Tribal Stomp" on the beautiful Trinity River. Very little sleep, lots of beautiful vibes from beautiful people looking to change the mess we're in through peace, love and the world of music.

do you think all the different Hot Spots are from the Blown #3 pieces going every where or a combo of underground water, sewage, ocean filtration, & looking at those videos where the ground seems to actually be floating with water coming or shooting up?

The really hot pieces, 900, 1000 millisieverts, which have so far been described by Tepco as concrete rubble, are incredibly hot. So hot that if you sat down next to one of these rather small pieces of rubble to eat your lunch, you would feel nauseous almost instantly, and dead within 2 to 5 hours. This kind of heat coming from a non fuel source means it was probably near a fuel source when it exploded and absorbed alot of rads. So I think most of these hot spots are from where ever the prompt criticality or steam explosion occurred. The hydrogen explosions in 1, 3 (first two stages of the blast) and 4, the EQ, and the tsunami may have been responsible for these spots, but I haven't been able to picture how.

I should add that this is another reason that I suspect the existence of a UC and prompt criticality occurring down there. It seems that very few actual pieces of concrete with high rad levels were found, and all but one in the switching yard near the SY building that blew. But great attention has been paid dust on the slope behind the SY and CSFP. An explosion underground would have pulverized concrete, and what would have made it through the tunnel system and out through the SY, CSFP or wherever, would have been dust.
edit on 27-7-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

"Now They Tell Us" Series: #Fukushima Reactor Cooling Was From Outside the Shroud

Ex-SKF

This is a major bloody admission to be telling us about now! Here we thought all along they had been "injecting" water into the cores ... and now we find that it's been outside the shroud, meaning they have not been cooling the fuel directly with water.

Here I thought they'd been injecting water directly above the melted fuel or where the fuel had once been.

TEPCO in its daily press conference on July 26 said the cooling of the three reactors at Fukushima I Nuclear Power Plant has been done by cooling the core shrouds from outside. The shroud is a cylinder inside the Reactor Pressure Vessel (RPV) that surrounds the reactor core. (The image is from Toshiba.)

Either they tell us now, or it occurred to no one to ask in detail how the fuel was cooled.

TEPCO announced on July 26 that the company started the work to change the method of water injection in order to cool the fuel inside the Reactor 3 more effectively. The Japanese-made robot "Quince" went inside the reactor building to investigate whether it was possible to use the pipe that could feed water closer to the nuclear fuel.

In Reactors 1, 2 and 3, the cooling water is being poured outside the core shroud to lower the temperature of the fuel. The method is adequate in Reactor 1 and 2 with about 4 tonnes/hour water injection, but in Reactor 3 this method of cooling is not efficient enough, and it requires 9 tonnes/hour water.

As the result, more contaminated water is being produced, and the company was looking for an alternative method of cooling. TEPCO is considering using the ECCS (emergency core cooling system) pipe which can pour water from above the fuel. On July 26, the company sent the robot "Quince" to the 1st and 2nd floors of Reactor 3 building to take pictures of the pipe, and started measuring the radiation levels to see if workers could enter the building.

As far as TEPCO is concerned, the melted core is still inside the RPV in Reactor 3.

And... yes it assumes that the fuel is still in the RPV, so what did they mean by admitting a few weeks ago "full melthrough"? Unless there is some corium in the RPV's this makes no sense.

More asinine double-speak from Tepco who I would love to just ignore if there were any other source of information.

On another note...

I've been thinking about these night-time glowing events and especially on June 14 and July 7th, and I think what we may be seeing are gamma bursts. There have been several smaller ones as well. What this means is brief criticalities, pulses, from the corium blobs throwing off radionuclides that are 'bouncing' off the nighttime moisture in the air and creating this glowing effect.

This is different from the steady bright "work lights" they have set up and are using them for working at night.

We are also seeing less steam during the day, however that is due to daytime temperatures that have risen in Japan. When the cooler night air moves in this is when you can truly see the amount of steam that continues to spew into the atmosphere during the day also, but at night it becomes more visible.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   

I've been thinking about these night-time glowing events and especially on June 14 and July 7th, and I think what we may be seeing are gamma bursts. There have been several smaller ones as well. What this means is brief criticalities, pulses, from the corium blobs throwing off radionuclides that are 'bouncing' off the nighttime moisture in the air and creating this glowing effect.
But... these are not anywhere near unit 4 and are off to the right where the other buildings are. The fuel pool and where the power comes in. Are we agreed then that we think the fuel pool is having problems and glowing or are we saying that these lights we see are something else?

There is nothing there tonight (27th) but there does seem to be a light above, over where the bright lights have been. I watched as the light faded and the camera turned into black & white and nothing much to report then. There were birds flying about the mast/tower for #3 for a while. I could hardly believe that they would still be going near the place. Also, I could swear that I saw what looked like lightening (once) further over towards the right of where the bright lights were the other night. I am used to seeing flashes and odd spots of light but this was a definite fork of lightening but the clouds did not look like a storm??

I wondered if this light over the site was them working with a crane at night with a light on it.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertwog

Could the "work lights" be in place to cover up the glow at night from a critical meltdown?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by duggedup

Found this at fnn-news.com. Link ---- www.fnn-news.com...

Has a short video inside Unit 3

Here is a Google translation;

"In Unit 3 Nuclear Power Plant 1, Fukushima, 27, in order to secure a route priming new to the reactor to enter the third floor and second floor of the reactor building workers for the first time after the accident, is doing research that. In Unit 3, the amount of irrigation necessary to prevent the rise of temperature of the reactor, Unit 1, if and 9 tons per hour more than doubled compared to No. 2, is a source of contaminated water a new that.
At TEPCO, aims to change to another route that can irrigate more efficiently, from around 11:30 am on April 27, workers entered a 11 to match the reactor building, plumbing and Status conduct policy. But No. 3 is as high as 75 mSv per hour on the radiation dose in some of the reactor building, may have a hard work.

Meanwhile, TEPCO morning of July 27, found leaking from a pump to transport the contaminated water to low concentrations of Mega-Float Unit 6, announced that it has suspended the transfer operation. Leakage to the outside and oceans, he said"

Note the "Leakage to the outside and oceans, he said"

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by VisionsOfMann

Here is a Tepco document on the findings at Unit 3. Has a few still photos and radiation readings. It comes from Tepco and here is the link;

www.tepco.co.jp...

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I really doubt that the Corium (plural) are out of the Containment Vessel,
too many People working there
and i don't think that all of them can kept under surveillance 24/7!

None of the Japanese or International Media ever reported a Melt-Through,
let us check this:

It is the first time Japanese authorities have admitted the possibility that the fuel suffered "melt-through" – a more serious scenario than a core meltdown.

source

I am not native in English but in my language there is a huge difference
between "Maybe/ Possibility" and "Confirmed/ Full" Melt-Through!

There are too many Misunderstandings between all the Languages,
this should be avoided at all cost,
Google is not a Substitute for a real Translator!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by duggedup

No, because they turn off the Lights at ca. 1.50 AM Japanese Standard Time,
but you cant turn off the Glow of the Corium!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertwog

Its possible, and something I considered early on to be occurring. It would also explain the occassional rises in I-131. But as Q suggested, the pulses would becoming from the west of the reactors. The problem I have with this scenario is simply that this would mean that there should be alot more rads in their rad surveys then they claim, but lieing is certainly within Tepcos capabilities.

new topics

top topics

<< 983  984  985    987  988  989 >>

join