It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 985.htm
<< 982  983  984    986  987  988 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Human0815

Afaik they work now in night Shifts until 1.45 am Japanese Time.
Last Week was already incredible hot and many Worker got a Heatstroke,
the last 3-4 Days was cold because of the Typhoon but tomorrow will be hot again!
This is the Reason for the Light!
And as long you can see something via the Camera the Situation is not really bad

Yes, it could be that TEPCO are working in that area, however, as I pointed out earlier:

since the 21st at 11am there have been gaps in the readings and notes against the lines of data which say....
"Missing data due to power switching house"
"the bus circuit breaker that supplies power to unit 3,4"
"missing data due to the overload stop"
So I guess they have 'problems' at the switching house for units 3 & 4.

They have not been able to take readings due to some problems in the switching room which is near where all the light is. The other thing to consider is that if they are going to work at night, there is probably more urgency (as far as WE know) to get the covers and the preparations for the covers into place, so why work on these other areas?

The point is that in these last couple of nights, there has been a lot of smoke/steam. Now as I said, this could be due to the temperature/humidity etc or it could be that they have further problems which have not been disclosed to us.

So...
Yes, they may have night shifts,
yes, it may be hot,
yes, some workers may have heat stroke,

but all of this does not mean these are reasons for the lights to be as a result of TEPCO working that area.
2 + 2 != 5

However, we know they DO have problems at the 3/4 switching house.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human0815

the last 3-4 Days was cold because of the Typhoon but tomorrow will be hot again!

And as long you can see something via the Camera the Situation is not really bad

Human, welcome. I see you are from Tokyo, do you have some friends working at Fuku that gives you this insight, or is it being posted somewhere?

I gather what you are saying is they can't work during the day because so many workers got heatstroke, so they are working at night and need these large lights to work by, correct?

Are you aware that heatstroke/heat exhaustion can caused by radiation? It was a well documented effect of ionizing radiation after Chernobyl... Neurocognitive effects of ionizing radiation on Ukranians after Chernobyl.

Not saying this is necessarily what is going on, however, it is something to keep in mind when considering any symptoms that the workers may be displaying. The severity of a whole range of effects will increase with the dosage also. Combined with the real heat issues in Japan this could be a 'double load' that the workers may be enduring.

When you say that "And as long you can see something via the Camera the Situation is not really bad
" are you insinuating that if it was really bad we would not see it on the camera? Do you have any special knowledge about this? Are you saying they turn the camera off and load up old tapes, or ..... can you clarify this a bit for us?

Thanks - W!
edit on 24-7-2011 by Wertwog because: spelling

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertwog
When you say that "And as long you can see something via the Camera the Situation is not really bad
" are you insinuating that if it was really bad we would not see it on the camera? Do you have any special knowledge about this? Are you saying they turn the camera off and load up old tapes, or ..... can you clarify this a bit for us?

I think what he meant with that is that something really bad happens at Fuko there won't be any camera left to see that. So if there is a big explosion all the surrounding is destroyed and no camera or whatsoever left to see what is going on there.

I'm no nuclear expert but I think this won't happen as a nuclear reactor is no nuclear bomb. In my opinion the worst case would be fuel hiting the water below resulting in a big geysir (maybe opening a hole a few ten meters wide) but this should be visible on the cam. Maybe this is even what we see if it's suddenly too cloudy there :-(

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Press Release (Jul 25,2011)
(Announcement) Plant conditions after the earthquake (as of 4:05 am)

The following is the current operational status of Fukushima Daini
Nuclear Power Station subsequent to the earthquake that occurred at 3:51 am,
July 25, 2011:

The maximum seismic acceleration was observed to be 18.8 gal at the
basement mat of the reactor building of Unit 1.

Influence of radioactivity outside: None

The figures of the exhaust stack monitors for radiation monitoring and the
monitoring posts at the station boundary are within the usual range, and
there is no outside radioactive influence as of now.

From 11 am to 4 pm on July 24, we transferred accumulated water from the
turbine building of Unit 6 to the temporary tank.
- At around 11:57 am on July 24, water desalinations were automatically
shut-downed after annunciator alarmed. From 7:19 pm on the same day, the
water desalinations were restarted after switching to the spare equipment.
The water injection into Reactors of Unit 1 to 3 was continued without
interruption.
- There was an earthquake of magnitude 6.2 (on the Richter scale) whose
epicenter was Fukushima offshore at around 3:51 am on July 25, however,
no abnormality was observed on water injection into the reactors of Unit
1 to 3, the nitrogen injection gas into PCVs of Unit 1 to 3, the operation
of water treatment facility, operation of cyclic cooling of the spent fuel
pool in Unit 2 and 3 using alternative cooling and filtering system and so
on. There were also neither abnormality on major plant parameter of each
unit nor injuries. The indicated values at monitoring posts on the
boundary of power station's premise are within a normal movement range.
- We will continue to take all measures to ensure the safety and to continue
monitoring the surrounding environment around the power station.

- At around 11:57 am on July 24, the water desalinations stopped with a
warning sign. We replaced the faulty equipment with a spare and started
it at 7:19 pm. We supplied water to the buffer tank from the filtrate
tank and continuing water injection into the reactors of Units 1 to 3.
- At 10:37 am on July 24, freshwater injection started into the reactor
well and facility storage pool of Unit 4. We finished freshwater injection
at 3:20 pm on July 24.
- At 11:00 am on July 24, we restarted transferring accumulated water from
the turbine building of Unit 6 to the temporary tank. We stopped
transferring at 4:00 pm on July 24.

Fukushima Daini Nuclear Power Station:
Units 1 to 4: shutdown due to the earthquake

Kashiwazaki Kariwa Nuclear Power Station:
Units 1, 5, 6, 7: normal operation
(Units 2 to 4: outage due to regular inspection)

[Thermal Power Station]
- Power supply has returned to normal and facilities damaged by the
earthquake are now being handled in a timely manner.

[Hydro Power Station]

[Impacts on Transmission Facilities]

[Perspective of Power Supply and Demand Balance in this Summer]
In regard to the supply side in this summer, taking in account of the
acceleration of restoration schedule for Hirono Thermal Power Station,
more purchase of privately generated power, and excluding the power supply
from 60Hz areas which had been planned (due to the current difficult
situation), supply capacity outlook is amended to 57.3GW at the end of
July, and 56.1GW at the end of August.
Also, in order to support the supply and demand balance in the Tohoku area,
which suffered severe damage from the quake, we would like to supply
maximum of 1.4GW to Tohoku Electric Power Company by thoroughly implementing
both supply and demand countermeasures. The supply capacity in this regard
will be 55.9GW at the end of July, and 54.7GW at the end of August.

Estimated peak demand of 55GW for this summer is 5GW lower than that of
last year. This incorporates the saving of electricity from "Outline of
Countermeasures for Power Supply and Demand During Summertime" and
restoration from decrease of production due to the quake.

As the occurrence of unplanned outage of aged thermal power stations or
sudden increase of demand due to unexpected high temperature during summer
may cause difficulties in maintaining stable demand supply balance, in
order to continue to avoid rolling blackouts, we will steadily maintain
supply capacity, and continue our efforts on reliable operation and
maintenance of power facilities.

This is from the daily Press Release from our beloved Tepco!

Sadly i have no Insider-knowledge from F'Shima,
i only monitoring the Japanese Media and Blogs!

Yes, i think they will turn off the Camera in the case of a bigger Catastrophe
as mentioned: "* The service will be suspended during maintenance of equipment and/or other trouble."

Until a few days ago i wrote in another well known Forum
but the Owner is a Right-Winger and full of Hate so i decided
to leave that Place!

The Tremor this Morning was a hefty one,
even here in Tokyo, our House moved a lot!
edit on 25-7-2011 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
You all should read this. This is a very interesting story run by Mainichi and cites research done by Kenichi Oshima, a professor of environmental economics and policy at Ritsumeikan University. He totally disagrees with the low cost of nuclear power and gives his own estimations showing nuclear generated electricty is the most expensive due to all the government subsidies.

Contrary to power company figures, cost of nuclear power generation highest: research 23 July 2011

New York Times editorial article on whether similar disasters can happen in the US
In the Wake of Fukushima

About the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (my emphrasis)

The group’s most important finding is that our nation’s oversight of nuclear power plants is a less than rigorous “patchwork” of mandatory and voluntary provisions. Some critical safety components are regulated, but others are left to voluntary action by the nuclear industry and the companies that operate the plants.

There is good reason to doubt both the regulators’ vigilance and the industry’s diligence. When regulators conducted thorough inspections of American plants after Fukushima, they found appalling deficiencies in some of the plants. Required equipment to deal with fires and explosions was missing, inoperable or inaccessible. Plants had failed to incorporate voluntary measures to deal with very severe accidents into their emergency training drills.

More ambitious recommendations would redefine the level of protection that plants must meet regardless of cost; replace voluntary compliance with mandatory rules; and require many more reactors to install “hardened vents” to reduce the risk of hydrogen explosions.

All that would drive up costs. There are already signs that the industry and its allies among Congressional Republicans will press the commissioners to bury the recommendations or delay any costly requirements on the excuse that more analysis is needed.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
and the beat goes on...

Magnitude 6.2 - NEAR THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN
2011 July 24 18:51:25 UTC

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Fukushima mobilizes 3,900 to help decontaminate 'hot spots'

Additionally, a specialized cleaning vehicle decontaminated certain roads, especially those used by children to commute to school. After the initial cleanup, residents reported Monday morning that the radiation level had dropped by about half, from 10 to around 5 microsieverts an hour.

www.japantoday.com...

Now they are giving them the final Dosage

Fukushima residents' radiation level low

"The detected exposure level was much lower than the level that affects human health. I think the residents will be relieved," Akashi said.

www.yomiuri.co.jp...

I will try to locate this so called "Investigation"

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Hot off my Alert page

JPMorgan Hires Ex-Barclays Commodities Banker for Japan Hedging

www.bloomberg.com...

Good ole JP Morgan the real world puppet masters.

"Fukushima to provide lifetime thyroid tests in wake of nuclear crisis."

mdn.mainichi.jp...

In my humble opinion and some thing to think about as the ramification's mount, thyroid tests are important without a reason and it will interesting to see the benefits from these tests from a psychological point of view, because a malfunctioning thyroid can cause mental problems and disturbances.rbrtj

Health and Safety Considerations: Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant Workers at Risk of Heat-Related Illness
Cara O’Connell
What more can be done to protect the workers—those on the front lines of protecting the nation—so they can continue their efforts to stabilize the Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant? The Japanese state and TEPCO should recognize the health and safety of front-line workers as a national priority
japanfocus.org...

edit on 25-7-2011 by rbrtj because: added info without a new reply

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Anyone here? What is all that smoke on the live cam? You can barely see anything! I hope it's fog but I don't think so

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

it's fog, or haze.

They seem to be working the crane here
www.tepco.co.jp...

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Did you see this one? www.radioactive.eu.com...:live-feed&Itemid=193

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by qmantoo
Human0815

Yes, it could be that TEPCO are working in that area, however, as I pointed out earlier:

since the 21st at 11am there have been gaps in the readings and notes against the lines of data which say....
"Missing data due to power switching house"
"the bus circuit breaker that supplies power to unit 3,4"
"missing data due to the overload stop"
So I guess they have 'problems' at the switching house for units 3 & 4.

They have not been able to take readings due to some problems in the switching room which is near where all the light is. The other thing to consider is that if they are going to work at night, there is probably more urgency (as far as WE know) to get the covers and the preparations for the covers into place, so why work on these other areas?

Back to internet land and its good to see the discussion continue and rejoin it. There are numerous questions with the lights, all of which have been asked before, that jump to my mind.

1) If these are night time work projects, why hasn't Tepco announced this, especially since they are constantly being talked about on the net. This is exactly the kind of stuff that Tepco would release to show how concerned they are. To not take advantage of this PR tells me they dont want us to know.
2) Why has MSM not inquired to the lights.
3) and as asked above, why this area? why always this area? These lights appear to be on top of the building directly west of the stack. This building will be highlighted soon in a UC post. This is the same placement of lights as the week before, and the same place that two months ago started producing nighttime light shows. Why here. No other place has been lit up for intense work like this.

I wouldn't be surprised if Tepco comes out with a press release soon that talks about night time work for unit 4 to cover their asses. Me, I dont buy any of it anymore. The whole things a charade.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
That looks scary as hell. Can you imagine how scared the people living there must be?

The following tells that story. Its over 5 minutes long, but incredibly powerful. The authorities they are confronting are the same ones, who weeks earlier, before radiation was detected in urine, asked the citizens to bring in samples so they could be tested for radiation. Now this. To me this is a must watch video, to kill the idea that government agents are servants of the people as mandated by constitutional law. They are servants for sure, but not of the people.

enenews.com...
edit on 25-7-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by zworld

That looks scary as hell. Can you imagine how scared the people living there must be?

The following tells that story. Its over 5 minutes long, but incredibly powerful. The authorities they are confronting are the same ones, who weeks earlier, before radiation was detected in urine, asked the citizens to bring in samples so they could be tested for radiation. Now this. To me this is a must watch video, to kill the idea that government agents are servants of the people as mandated by constitutional law. They are servants for sure, but not of the people.

enenews.com...

That video made me want to cry, in fact I probably did a bit. Thanks Z! These people are begging, pleading with the authorities who are coldly ignoring them. They are terrified for the lives of their children and their own sake... Very hard to watch given how much effort you know it takes for Japanese to confront authority like this... it takes a great deal to get people riled up this much, and this is VERY riled up for Japan.

God I hope the Japanese awaken to their fraudulent puppet government. Japan needs a 'French Revolution'.
edit on 25-7-2011 by Wertwog because: sick

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Radiation survey meets skepticism / Fukushima Pref. residents asked to recall diet, activities from 4 months ago

"What? Do I have to write in this much detail?" asked Makiko Kowata, 37. Kowata has been taking shelter in the city of Fukushima after evacuating from Namiemachi, located within the no-entry zone around the crippled nuclear power plant. She was surprised when she saw the questionnaire from the prefectural government in mid-July. External radiation exposure is estimated based on data about radiation in the air and a person's activities. Kowata has to write what she did for the two weeks after the disaster minute-by-minute. She also has to write the amount of vegetables, fruits and milk she consumed through the end of March.

www.yomiuri.co.jp...

City tries to lessen 'hot spot'

A street cleaner brushed around 1.5 km on routes to and from two local elementary schools, while residents removed soil and weeds from and around ditches.

search.japantimes.co.jp...

Please read the attachments:
www.tepco.co.jp...

I am very new here on ATS and a little bit tired of reading about F'Shima
but what do you think "Where is the Corium"?

Still inside of the Containment Vessel or already on/ in the Cement?

I think and hope/ Wish that the Corium is still "inside of the Containment Vessel"!
Before i wrote in the F'Shima Thread in another Forum but that is to Rightwing for me,
i am formerly known as Atom-Boy!
edit on 26-7-2011 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Are the night lights coming from area around unit 2?

I have puzzled over this a lot lately, first I thought the lights were coming from the CSFP area, but after watching both live cams over a number of nights that doesn't seem right.

Go to the live cam now............. there's the night lights going on and off, with the reflection being brightest on unit 2, with hardly any reflections coming off 3 & 4. Then look at the shadow that the 'small' building on the right of unit 1 casts. The shadow is not at an acute enough angle if the night lights were over by 3 & 4. The shadow lines up almost straight.

When the TBS cam actually works at night, it shows unit 2 very bright and 4 no brighter than its been when lit with the usual floodlights over the past 4 months.

What is in this area? Is it just the slopes?

Then I think to myself "what are they doing?" just like everyone else here. Could they be using the area to build the unit 1 circus tent structure? Possibly, but then surely that doesn't take 3 weeks does it???

Please feel free to pick holes in my night light unit 2 theory!!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
The Lights do not come from Unit 2,
when you look to the Tepco Cam you will see also a small Plan of the Plant itself!
Tepco Live Cam

The Light come afaik from a De-Contamination Building or from a other Fuel-Pool.

edit on 26-7-2011 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-7-2011 by Human0815 because: New with this Software!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Is that steam or fog on there now?For a while it was pretty thick.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Howdy all, here's today's latest top 3

Japan nuclear compensation bill passes key hurdle

Reuters
By Kiyoshi Takenaka and Taiga Uranaka TOKYO (Reuters) - A lower house committee of Japan's parliament on Tuesday passed a bill to help Tokyo Electric Power pay billions of dollars in compensation to those hurt by the Fukushima nuclear disaster, ...www.reuters.com...

Children in Fukushima to be given regular cancer tests

Telegraph.co.uk
Children living in the nuclear-hit Fukushima region of Japan are to undergo regular cancer tests for the rest of their lives. By Danielle Demetriou in Tokyo Fukushima prefectural government plans to carry out regular ultrasound examinations on all ...www.telegraph.co.uk...

U.N. nuclear chief visits crippled Japan plant

Washington Post
The head of the IAEA, Yukiya Amano, visited the crippled Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear plant and met with Japan's prime minister this week. (26 July 2011) (/The Associated Press) www.washingtonpost.com...

Keep up the pressure and many thanks for being on the thread.

edit on 26-7-2011 by rbrtj because: clean up

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertwog

Originally posted by zworld

enenews.com...

That video made me want to cry, in fact I probably did a bit. Thanks Z! These people are begging, pleading with the authorities who are coldly ignoring them. They are terrified for the lives of their children and their own sake... Very hard to watch given how much effort you know it takes for Japanese to confront authority like this... it takes a great deal to get people riled up this much, and this is VERY riled up for Japan.

I watched the video again this morning after reading your post, and re-adjusted my thinking to think in terms of cultural norms for the Japanese, and their dedication to spiritual beliefs and politeness and acknowledging the human heart in all of us. And this time I did cry.

God I hope the Japanese awaken to their fraudulent puppet government. Japan needs a 'French Revolution'.
edit on 25-7-2011 by Wertwog because: sick

And then I remembered that underneath their serious attempts at establishing a decent and caring society, lies a tiger that has never allowed itself to be oppressed. At least for any length of time. And I don't doubt that it is about to rise again, now knowing where the oppression comes from.

new topics

top topics

<< 982  983  984    986  987  988 >>

join