It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 983.htm
<< 980  981  982    984  985  986 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

All quite on the eastern front now. Im going to check out the site that has it captured.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Another "where is all the water going' post

Rain increases contaminated water at plan.

Heavy rain brought by a tropical storm has increased the level of radioactive contaminated water at the basements of the crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant.

Typhoon Ma-on moved east off the southern coast of Japan's main island of Honshu. 115 millimeters of precipitation was recorded in Namie Town, north of the plant, between Tuesday and Thursday.

Rain has been gathering in the buildings housing the reactors because the roofs were severely damaged by hydrogen explosions that occurred after the initial March 11th disaster.

Tokyo Electric Power Company or TEPCO, the plant's operator, says that at 7 AM local time on Thursday, the level of contaminated water pooled at the basement of the building of the No. 1 reactor was 44 centimeters up from the previous day.

Officials at the utility say that there is no immediate danger of the contaminated water spilling out. But it is likely that the level of water will continue to rise for the time being. TEPCO says they are monitoring the situation. Thursday, July 21, 2011 16:17 +0900 (JST)

www3.nhk.or.jp...

Rain started falling on the 19th. R1 rises 44 centimeters, which is 440 millimeters. At the same time, at least up to the 20th, the water in the trenches of R2 and R3 is decreasing, even though the water treatment system is working at 50%, and it was raining. Since the 20th, EX-SKF hasn't updated Tepco trench reports. It will be interesting to see where they stand now. If still decreasing then it's a pretty clear indicator that water is going somewhere else. And since the plant is at sea level, we can discount the water traveling into the aquifer, especially since Tepco has to pump seawater away from the plant and groundwater from invading reactor building basements.

Reactor 2 trench pit:

7/20:506 millimeters
7/19: 485 millimeters
7/18: 469 millimeters
7/17: 446 millimeters

Reactor 3 trench pit:

7/20: 302 millimeters
7/19: 301 millimeters
7/18: 287 millimeters
7/17: 276 millimeters

ON EDIT: Those figures are for the level between the top of the trench and the water level, so as they increase the water is going down.

PS. Need to take off for a couple of days. Will try and get UC posts concerning the 4 stacks, CSFP and CWT done before I leave. The more I look into the 4 stacks the more head scratching it becomes.

PPS. I think the discussion of a UC has hit a nerve. I suspect things will start disappearing now off the web concerning the switching yard, 4 stacks, CWT and the building in the small complex near the stacks that needs three dedicated exhaust stacks. (Download and save, download and save, must remember I keep telling myself).
edit on 22-7-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Daini dust and Daiichi dust.

It is going to take forever to go back over all the old data and amass it, simply because they keep releasing new data that needs analysis ASAP. I keep hearing the Buffalo Springfield song in my head with new words;

There's something happening here
What it is aint exactly clear
Theres a man with a nuke plant over there
Telling me there's nothing to fear

And it's time we stop HEY whats that sound everybody look whats blowin round

Latest example, the results for radiation in dust from Daini. Something is definately happening there now too. www.tepco.co.jp...

There are so many questions generated from the below.
1) Why is Daini cesium running hotter than Daiichi. THIS NEEDS A FUC%$#G ANSWER TEPCO!!!!!!!!!

2) Why was there a spike beginning to occur at Daini for I-131 and then no more results.
3) Why is the reading for #8 in the third graph hotter than the rest of the plant. This monitoring spot is near the building using 3 stacks.
4) Why have they stopped doing monitoring for dust yet keep coming out with updated charts that show nothing new!!!!!!

Im really beginning to dislike Tepco

Daini dust

Daiichi dust 7.22

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
While watching the webcam I've just noticed that someone is working there. I've captured a short video and uploaded it here (I guess it's time to register for a Youtube account): videobam.com...
It's just a few seconds showing a illuminated part of the trees. The light source is moving or a searchlight as you can see. Just wonder what they try to see there?

And btw a big big thank you to all the contributors here. I'm reading the latest posts several times a day although I rarely post something as I can't really contribute something new.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Arnie's Latest

Nuclear Plant News- Arnie Gundersen Japan Radiation Fallout Update 7- 19 - 2011

"Black Rain"

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Japan Radiation Survey Conducted In March Shows 1 In 20 Fukushima Children Will Develop Thyroid Cancer

Japan finally releases a nuclear radiation survey that reveals that 45% of Fukushima children had sustained thyroid radiation exposure by the end of March. Despite government attempts to downplay the survey results the data shows that at least 1 in 20 children will develop thyroid cancer. Unfortunately, this is just the latest side show in the 3 ring circus being ran by our corporate dictators.

Residents in Japan are being forced to take radioactive cleanup into their own hands in the absence of a plan from the government to remediate the problem of the nuclear radioactive fallout that is blanketing the nation. According to a report from Reuters, residents are shoveling radioactive topsoil from their lawns and dumping it into forests, parks and streams in an attempt to protect themselves from high levels of radiation. Reuters quotes one resident as saying a Geiger counter measured radiation levels of 10 microsieverts per hour being emitted from the topsoil in her lawn.

An indication of the severity of the radiation exposure can be derived from a Kyodo news article which reports that Japan has finally released the results of a radiation survey conducted over 2 months ago by the central government and several local government located within the Fukushima Prefecture. According to the article, the study revelead that 45% of the children surveyed in the Fukushima prefecture had already suffered thyroid radiation exposure by the time the survey was completed at the end of March. The survey found levels up to an equivalent of a 50 millisieverts per year of thyriod radiation exposure for 1 year olds. To put that in perspective, the US has an annual radiation exposure limit of 4 millisieverts per year in drinking water for adults.

Despite the findings of the survery, Japanese officials are still deceptively attempting to downplay the risks. For example, The Japan Times reports officials as saying the levels detected “in all cases were trace amounts that did not warrant further levels of investigation”. Officials further attempt to downplay the situation by stating “a 100 millisieverts total radiation exposure” will only increase of the “cancer mortality risk by 0.5 percent”.

Unspinning The Spin

Those who have been following the disaster in Japan will quickly point out that the phrasing chosen by the Japanese government officials closely mimics talking points in guidelines issued by the nuclear industry. As, the Guardian reports, those guidelines have been issued to governments as part of a deliberate conspiracy to launch a PR campaign to downplay the Fukushima disaster to protect the nuclear industry. Re ad the rest of the article here....

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I have come to the conclusion that our emergency alert system is a joke.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
The link above has a fault in it so here are two more - one to the original Alex Higgins article and another to a copy in case you live in a part of the world (like I do) which blocks 'blogs', videos and all kind of other good sites.

Alex Higgins Blog
Ja pan Radiation Survey Conducted In March Shows 1 In 20 Fukushima Children Will Develop Thyroid Cancer

Sott.net
Japan Radiation Survey Conducted In March Shows 1 In 20 Fukushima Children Will Develop Thyroid Cancer

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by zworld

Sorry you will be gone cause you are not only Bloody Damn Good, but quick as well. Sorry not trying to
get on your nerves or annoy any one...but it is still in re to Cat Walk area & bushes...I'm no brain, just
trying to absorb & learn as much as possible .....I have no clue about this tragedy except what I have been learning here , I work with animals.....
The unanswered questions to to the live feed area around the Cat Walk ...if seeing things rising or appear to be, the black spots on the ground slowly disappear & reappear with smoke or whatever coming out of them were related to camera focusing issues, wouldn't the other parts of the bushes &
"Hardware" like the Walk, Pipes, & etc have the same issues? Yes in the over all picture you do see "smoke or whatever maybe rising up from the ground whether it'sThe bushes appear to have smoke or
whatever coming up from the ground but NOT in every patch...then the camera seems to always update quickly so you don't know what the Hell is going on....real, or distortion...like with BP once people got a
a clue on the live feeds, they started pixelating the hell out of everything plus screwing with the cordinates, to finally providing NO coordinates. I keep trying to get very close ups to provide evidence of stuff leaking or coming up from underground. Problem is nothing will allow me to get a close enuff view....
My main problem is why would it effect only one area? Why only certain spots in the bushes....seems if focusing was an issue that it would effect ALL the bushes & etc...Ypour input is SO Greatly Appreciated!

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

Thanks, I think the link messed up a bit, it is indeed ... Alexander Higgins blog on Scott.net

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Iodine-131 also found in Philadelphia-area sewage plants; Sludge set off radiation detectors at landfills — Experts skeptical it’s from cancer patients’ urine

Wow, there must be a hella amount of cancer patients in Philly! Haha! Wow, blame cancer patients, that's a new one. Kinda like the nuke industry blaming parents for increases in child mortality rates...

Source

Three weeks after an earthquake and tsunami severely damaged Japan's Fukushima nuclear power plant, Lisa Daniels opened an e-mail with test results of river water samples from Southeastern Pennsylvania.

It was just after lunch April 1. Nationwide, officials were testing rain, rivers, milk, and other substances to learn if radioactivity from the stricken plant was present.

They'd seen it after Chernobyl, and now it was showing up nationwide, including in rainwater from a deluge in central Pennsylvania.

Daniels, a water division chief at the state Department of Environmental Protection, wasn't worried. Enough time had passed that the radiation would have decayed or been carried away.

But when she looked at the sample from the Wissahickon Creek near Green Lane, just upstream from a city drinking water intake, she froze.

None of the other river samples in the batch showed iodine-131. But this one did.

By 6 p.m. that day, that drinking water intake would be getting extra treatment, and officials would be embarking on a detective mission that has generated interest nationwide.

Since then, officials have found more iodine-131 in the Wissahickon, and at several sewage treatment plants along the creek.

They've also realized that worrisome levels of iodine-131 had been detected long before the Fukushima accident in several Philadelphia drinking water samples taken as part of an obscure monitoring program run by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.

Within that limited data set of 59 locations across the country, Philadelphia's levels were the highest in the previous decade, the Water Department discovered.

So Fukushima couldn't be the cause after all.

The source they now suspect was a surprise. Iodine-131 is used to treat thyroid cancer, and they suspect it's coming from patients excreting excess radioactivity in their urine, which then winds up in rivers, and ultimately in Philadelphia's drinking water intakes.

Iodine-131 is not good for you.

When radioactive iodine gets into the body, it concentrates in the thyroid gland. Low doses can impair the gland's activity, according to the EPA. Long-term exposure to high amounts can cause cancer.

Officials from the Water Department, the EPA, and the DEP emphasize that the levels detected are tiny and don't constitute a public health threat. Philadelphia's drinking water meets standards for radioactivity and remains safe, they say.

Philly enquirer

Hahaha.... "Iodine-131 is not good for you". *Fp*

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
OK, so now I have done the list of links to the Youtube videos too.

I thought it was only right and to acknowledge the hard work and effort put in by everyone here, that that anyone who wanted to download all the links sould come from this thread. So that is what I have tried to do. In order to see all the links, you must come from the ATS site.

List of PDF links used in this thread

List of Youtube video links used in this thread

For the future, it would be more useful if, in our posts, we made the link-text describe the link. That way, if I cannot get the title from the document, the link text will still give us some idea what the file is about. So, for example instead of putting 'here' or 'Youtube video' we put "video of a man being eaten by a crocodile".

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Recent radiation measurements taken - found on food, hepa filter - etc in California.
hepa filter readings in southern california
Excellent ongoing source of information.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
holy crap... can someone please check the live-cam RIGHT NOW?

looks like a huge cloud of smoke hanging over the area everyone's been discussing lately... sometimes i'm really thinking it's smoke coming from THAT area :O the CSFP?

hope someone can help me out here...www.tepco.co.jp...

ETA -

the moving pixilation ain't helping at all in trying to discern wtf's going on, but it REALLY looks like smoke coming from that area

edit on 23-7-2011 by pattonisit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Tonight, there are 4 "lights" and they (or something nearby) are producing a lot of smoke or steam. This may be due to the humidity as some have said that during the day, the smoke/steam is less likely to be seen but at night it is cooler and so we are able to see it easier.

21:00

The second bright blob in from the left is varying in intensity and the smoke is sometimes obscuring all of #4 tower and some of the top of #3 also.

I cannot help feeling that there is some extremely hot Uranium somewhere close to that spot.

21:17

How can the MainStreamMedia ignore this kind of thing?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

thank you qmantoo, i'm so pleased you are seeing this too... i was so frantic thinking people would miss it i ended up making a thread to bring it to everyone's attention
this really is worrying me... it looks like smoke to me

ETA - been trying to record it, but unsuccessful so far

edit on 23-7-2011 by pattonisit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Yes it does look like something is going wrong again there. last night was the same, although there is far more smoke/steam tonight. The only thing I can think of is that they have set up floodlights to show themselves what is happening. (??)

That in itself is a little bizarre and so I cannot really believe they would do that. However, the other lights are not changing much at all (numbering from left 1,2,3,4) Light 2 seems to be getting brighter and dimmer like it did last night when I was watching about the same time. Lights 1,3,4 all seem to be brighter than last night and to me, they look more separated too, but this may be just the trees betwwen the lights and the camera giving that impression.

I realise that in the dark, a point of light looks much brighter than it really is - especially when it is observed by a camera, as it often tends to 'blind' the camera due to its intensity. This spreads the light out making it look larger than it really is on the camera picture.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

yea, i agree on the light-distortion factor playing a part... the crazy rave-dancing pixels sure aren't helping to see things clearly either

just noticed a new light-source near the cam...

oh well, i have to go now.... fingers & eyes crossed it's nothing serious going down

hope everyone has a great weekend

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
That looks scary as hell. Can you imagine how scared the people living there must be?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Is there any more news on this? I posted a link but it was a mistake (old news)

edit on 7/23/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 980  981  982    984  985  986 >>

join