It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 98.htm
<< 95  96  97    99  100  101 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
www.reddit.com...

This is a link to an operator at an American nuclear plant that was built about the same time as the Japanese plant that is having problems. He is answering all questions and is giving some excellent insight on what the operators at the Japanese plant are facing right now.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

Hats off to the workers who stayed.

They are the true heros that need to be recognized. Willing to sacrifice life and limb to complete the job.

Good job guys. Let me be the first to say, what a hell of a job for the situation being presented. We all sit here and speculate but these men(women) are really true heros of the day. Do not forget that.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Agreed.

It gives some perspective of the mindset of human beings. Few trying to make sure many are protected.

My thoughts are with them.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
All I can say right now is thank you to those that stayed at the plant. A saying comes to mind, "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few". You have to give them credit for not running. But can you imagine how they feel right now? If a tsunami would have rolled over their head they would have suffered less. They must be in constant fear and turmoil. Not an easy decision.... They will be heros.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a few intresting articles from Russia, all with awful google transtaions. Don't know why, but I didn't find them on English part of the site.

Fukushima-1 (Daiichi)
translate.google.ru/translate?hl=ru&ie=UTF-8&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http://www.atomic-energy.ru/Fukushima&prev=_t&twu=1

translate.google.ru/translate?hl=ru&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.atomic-energy.ru%2Forganizations%2Ffukusima-daiichi-aes-fukushima-daiichi-fukusima- 1

Fuskushima-2 (Daini)
translate.google.ru/translate?hl=ru&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.atomic-energy.ru%2Forganizations%2Ffukusima-daini-aes-fukushima-daini-fukusima-2

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
hmm, interesting...this site suddenly 404'd on me. Is it still working for anyone else???

Radiation network

Perhaps too much traffic? I don't want to put my tinfoil hat on quite yet

Michelle

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Michelle129th

Oops! This link appears to be broken.

Yup, not working and the cached copy is taking me to a Geiger counter sales site! lol

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Not Found
The requested URL /RadiationNetwork.htm was not found on this server.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Radiation levels are rising in Tokyo again. They last peaked when Reactor 4 pool fuel rods caught fire.

Source:park18.wakwak.com...
edit on 15/3/11 by GhostR1der because: img tag

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk

Oops! This link appears to be broken.

Yup, not working and the cached copy is taking me to a Geiger counter sales site! lol

ditto

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

U.S. Politicians Reassess Reactor Plans, as Do Leaders in Germany, Switzerland

Through a spokesman, President Barack Obama stood behind his support for nuclear power that includes expanded loan guarantees and research funding in his proposed 2012 budget. The spokesman indicated that the administration would incorporate lessons from the earthquake in federal regulations, rather than rule out nuclear technology completely.

nuclearstreet.com... rs-in-germany_2c00_-switzerland031503.aspx

Notice the MIS-LEADING headline...i.e. Germany & Switzerland have both suspended building of new Nuclear plants...

I think it's important to understand just how far along the FUTURE Nuclear agenda is in the U.S. when we consider what/how news will be reported of this disaster. Hands have been shook, deals have made, people have been bought and paid for...this disaster could seriously hinder a "DONE DEAL" This is just an article about the 2012 budget plans for further research into Nuclear energy. When I get back I'll show what's already in progress in the U.S. and WHAT THIS MEANS ON THE SPIN we'll get news wise. Remember, there are two strongly opposing camps when it comes to Nuclear energy. It should be seriously considered when deciding what information to trust about this particular disaster.

I noticed France upgraded to a level 6...CASE IN POINT...

Also, there is page after page of conflicting headlines coming from every source on the internet. One thing we can NOT trust is news releases that come from TEPCO, a corporation. It HAS TO BE UNDERSTOOD, that any news coming from Japan, official or otherwise, is all rooted in information given by TEPCO.

There is DEFINITELY a NEED for some "INTUITIVE" reasoning and interpretation of what's happening...in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
All I can say right now is thank you to those that stayed at the plant. A saying comes to mind, "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few". You have to give them credit for not running. But can you imagine how they feel right now? If a tsunami would have rolled over their head they would have suffered less. They must be in constant fear and turmoil. Not an easy decision.... They will be heros.

Wrath of Khan : Spock walked into the reactor area to get the warp engines back online.
It is logical. The needs of the many outweigh the need of the few or the one.
The ship is out of danger.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
These posts by TheRedneck, are the best reasoning I've found on the situation, and I knew it by logic but seeing it in print, was heart wrenching. They need to focus on getting short term power and aid to the people and evacuating this whole country.

And we're all going to be affected, the east coasts of China/Russia, and the West coast of North America, but for a shorter period of time. Japan will be forever period of time by our standards, thousands of years.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000

no way radioactive cloud from Japan to reach Denver in such a short time ...minimum 4 days ....

Maybe so. On the other hand: problems already started four days ago with the 9 mag. quake and the tsunami. It just kept getting worse, but they already had some release of nuclear radiation on 03/11.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
These posts by TheRedneck, are the best reasoning I've found on the situation, and I knew it by logic but seeing it in print, was heart wrenching. They need to focus on getting short term power and aid to the people and evacuating this whole country.

And we're all going to be affected, the east coasts of China/Russia, and the West coast of North America, but for a shorter period of time. Japan will be forever period of time by our standards, thousands of years.

Tokyo Electric will probably have to "entomb" the entire reactor facility just like Chernobyl.
It's too bad. In 20/20 hindsight General Electric could have averted this entire disaster by
simply placing the back up diesel generators in a steel "waterproof enclosure". We do
it all the time in the U.S. Navy.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Do these Nuclear plants have Siemens chips running automated systems ?

Could stuxnet have unintended victims ?

Cosmic...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
According to Reuters the US military was involved in putting out the fire at #4. Can anyone else confirm since I'm not hearing much about this anywhere else?

US Military puts out fire

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ethancoop

Oh God. Forget the waterproof enclosure. I just went directly to Digital Globe. I downloaded a
monster size photo of the Fukushima nuclear power plant. Look up on the hill right behind it!
The Tidal Wave didn't touch the buildings up there. They should have placed the back up diesel
generators up on that hill and just run underground cables to the reactor power distribution panels.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

me too not believing too much traffic !!! I am pissed

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by welshbeliever
cctv news reporting that south korea are staging a full defence exercise

Hmmm. Well, if I were Little Kim I'd be a little worried that 127 Million scared Japanese might not be so great for my empire of tyranny too.

On that note. South Korea would be SOOOOOOOO much more reasonable if the Japanese lived there.

new topics

top topics

<< 95  96  97    99  100  101 >>

join