It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 978.htm
<< 975  976  977    979  980  981 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
By the way, if Japan does (I'll believe it when I see it) joins Germany, AND they both managed to fulfil ambitions to eradicate nuclear power from their nations (Germany is being challenged in some respects in the courts by the nuke corps and Japan may need a referendum I read?) has anyone any thoughts on where that may lead the world in terms of nuclear safety, security, and where say the USA, UK and others may end up?

Perhaps that's another thread?
edit on 16-7-2011 by curioustype because: Typo

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
FYI: 22 pages of minutes here, I wish I had time to read through it all now, I'm going to carry on digging...

UNION OF CONCERNED SCIENTISTS FOLLOW-UP ON JAPAN'S NUCLEAR POWER CRISIS TELEPRESS CONFERENCE JULY 13, 2011 1:00 P.M. P R O C E E D I N G S

This I think is USA focused and I think one of the speakers was the man sharing a podium with Arnie Gundersen at their Boston library speech/video.....

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by VisionsOfMann
reply to post by Purplechive

Here's my guess, it's a bank of light stands and they are working on the CSFP building. The bright flash at the end was likely welding. If it were fire, there would be serious smoke.

It would make sense to start working on the CSFP, they are the only SFR's thay have access cleanly to besides the SFP's of Unit 5 & 6.

After all, Units 1,2 & 3 are stable now!! They have to be, Tepco would never give misleading info.

And the radiated beef, this is only the beginning of the beginning for a poisoned food chain.

One thing for certain, the bright light flashes are NOT from welding. Also, it looks like no "bank of light stands" that I have ever seen or worked around in my 25 years of working with the tools in industrial construction. Projects that include shut downs and/or construction of oil refineries and cogeneration plants. Whatever it is on the video is not good.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

Video - Fire? Explosions? Lights?

PC, bless you for staying on top of this. Many stars to you.

And I'd like to join others who have said thank you to everyone here for being a support group, including lurkers, or maybe even especially lurkers, knowing your out there somewhere, questing for truth. I have a feeling that the attitudes in my local area are similar to others, where its hard to get past saying 'fook' before someone immediately takes over and reroutes the conversation because they know that 'ashima' was coming next. I wouldn't be surprised if the word fukushima became the biggest conversation killer of all time.
so thank you for being here. Because right now is the most important time of all to stay focused and alert, as PC is showing.

Seems like I got out of the backwoods and into the fire. First concerning the light show near R4, (Ill post diagrams and pictures that explain everything shortly) the main light bank, which is massive is above the building that is next to, and west of, the centralized waste facility building. From photos uncovered in archived data as well as recently linked by CT, this building is where one of the exhaust stacks emanates from that eventually feed into the huge 4 stack south of R4. (and CT, the DG photos weren't what I was looking for, and I knew they weren't, which is why I didn't initially check them. Because you pointed them I out, I went over them and found important data. Its all so serendipitous at this point).

The big flashes at the end of the segment posted, and from that angle, would be in the area of either the CSFP and/or the SY (probably 1/2). The opinion of others is that they are not welding, and I agree. All of this activity is highly suspicious as it comes and goes in the deep of night with no explanations given, just like so much else. But I cant really speculate beyond that at this point. I believe it all ties in to a bigger picture, but even as isolated events, they warrant an explanation.

While in the backwoods I went over old data, and I discovered something incredible. Like my other trip, where a review convinced me to pursue the CSFP and acknowledge the possibility that it is linked underground to other parts of the Fuku beast, this trip revealed a whole new level of inquiry that needs to take place ASAP. It'll take me awhile to put it all together, but soon I promise, I will blow your minds
I kid you not. Members of the ATS Fukushima Forensics and Applied Technology Research Team, we got work to do.
edit on 16-7-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
TOKYO | Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:55pm IST
(Reuters) - A draft of Japan's post-quake reconstruction plan expects the recovery effort to cost up to $152 billion over five years, but does not address tax rises seen as necessary to pay for the project, the Asahi daily said on Saturday.

It also called for development of solar and wind power as long-running attempts to bring the Fukushima nuclear power plant under control have generated public disillusion with nuclear energy and prompted authorities to consider alternatives.
in.reuters.com...

Fukushima to scrap nuclear plants
newsonjapan.com...

edit on 16-7-2011 by rbrtj because: added info without a new reply

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
More beef cattle fed with contaminated hay
Fukushima Prefecture has identified 5 additional farms where straw contaminated with high levels of radioactive cesium was used as cattle feed.
www3.nhk.or.jp...

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Gonna be incognito for awhile. Everyone keep up the great work!!

- Purple Chive

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Now dont all wet your knickers with excitement...

To help with our on-going research into this disaster, I have pulled together a list of all the 420+ PDF files linked to from within the posts of this humungous thread. If anyone would like to download it for themselves, please right-click and save-as. Keep up the good work folks and post more whenever and wherever you find them. It helps us all to keep on top of TEPCO's shenanigans.

PDF file list here

I have included thread page, pdf title and file size, text used to link to the pdf is given and also a modified date if it can be found. Links to this thread and proper acknowledgement is given to those who originally found the document. See the text above the table for details.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
hmm i have an interesting question. i'm currently watching 2 supposed live views of the fukishima site. on lucaswhitefieldhixson.com... one is Tokyo electric power company camera, the other is TBS/JNN camera (says live at top). what is interesting is i seem to be watching feeds from 2 different days. the TEPC camera seems to be showing a nice clear day, where as the TBS/JNN is showing what appears to be a rather foggy day.

realy no info on page just the 2 video feeds (one opens in win media, the other on page). also has map showing the TEPC area of view. and that's pretty much it. i have been watching off and on since last night, earlier this morning seemed to be pretty much the same. so why am i seemingly NOW seeing two completely different views? is it possible that maybe the TBS/JNN camera itself has fogged up?
i find this a little bit disturbing. any help with what is actually going on would be appreciated. it seems obvious to me at this point SOMETHING is going on but i don't want to cry wolf.

NOTE i don't see anything else of interest but the TBS/JNN footage is fogged enough that details can't be seen in it. nothing is going on on the TEPC view either but the difference BETWEEN the two is what is more capturing my attention. unfortunately i don't have the ability to capture footage from them so i can't show you.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Japanese Retailer Sold Beef Contaminated by Radiation
TOKYO — Aeon, the second-biggest retailer in Japan, said Sunday that it had sold beef from cattle that ate nuclear-contaminated feed, the latest in a series of health scares from radiation leaking from the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant.
www.nytimes.com...

Japan’s nuclear duty 17 July 2011

By Fukunaga Masaaki
Although talks are currently suspended, the fear of lagging behind in the global nuclear competition will force Japan to move forward with negotiations on a nuclear-cooperation agreement with India.
www.himalmag.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Well, looks like it was a bank of lights and welding after all!! How about that!!

From NHK World;

www3.nhk.or.jp...

Fukushima Daiichi prepares for typhoon arrival

Tokyo Electric Power Company, or TEPCO, is rushing to put a makeshift roof over a turbine building at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant as typhoon
Ma-on approaches Japan.

TEPCO released a new photo on Sunday showing its preparation work.

The metal roof will cover the turbine building of reactor Number 3. The hole in its roof was caused by a hydrogen blast in March.

The new roof is 5-meters long and 16-meters wide. It is designed to cover up the hole to prevent an increase of radioactive water in the building.

TEPCO says the roof is scheduled to be installed with a crane on Monday.

Fearing high waves, a hose was temporarily disconnected from the "megafloat" barge, which contains relatively low-level radioactive water.

But no measures have been taken to prevent rainwater from entering reactor buildings 1, 3, and 4. The structures were damaged by hydrogen blasts.
However TEPCO says it does not expect any drastic increase of the water level in those 3 buildings.

At the Fukushima Daini nuclear power plant the doorway of reactor number 1 was also repaired to prevent rainwater leaks.

Monday, July 18, 2011 05:50 +0900 (JST)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by qmantoo
Now don't all wet your knickers with excitement...

To help with our on-going research into this disaster, I have pulled together a list of all the 420+ PDF files linked to from within the posts of this humungous thread. If anyone would like to download it for themselves, please right-click and save-as. Keep up the good work folks and post more whenever and wherever you find them. It helps us all to keep on top of TEPCO's shenanigans.

PDF file list here

I have included thread page, pdf title and file size, text used to link to the pdf is given and also a modified date if it can be found. Links to this thread and proper acknowledgement is given to those who originally found the document. See the text above the table for details.

Greetings:

Awesome! Mucho stars & flags!

That is a great addition to this "book and soon-to-be movie."

For your edification and enjoyment:

IAEA Briefing on Fukushima Nuclear Accident
3 May 2011, 19:50 UTC

Atoms for Peace
The IAEA is the world's center of cooperation in the nuclear field. It was set up in 1957 as the world's "Atoms for Peace" organization within the United Nations family. The Agency works with its Member States and multiple partners worldwide to promote safe, secure and peaceful nuclear technologies.

Our Work
The IAEA works for the safe, secure and peaceful uses of nuclear science and technology. Its key roles contribute to international peace and security, and to the world's Millennium Goals for social, economic and environmental development.

We find the following information from the IAEA News to be disconcerting, to say the least.

Add the fact that today is 17 July the latest update is from 2 June 2011, and one might wonder WTF?

We will merely highlight certain areas of this report, and hope to set the hook for others to investigate all of these assertions further.

25 April 2011

Management of On-site Contaminated Water
According to the 25 April evaluation by NISA of the report submitted by the Tokyo Electric Power Company (TEPCO), there is a little less than 70 000 tonnes of stagnant water with high-level radioactivity in the basement of the turbine buildings of Units 1, 2 and 3.

...a little less than 70,000 tonnes of stagnant water with high-level radioactivity in the basement of the turbine buildings of Units 1, 2 and 3.

This amount and date should be added to the database on reported amounts of radioactive water being sloshed about. We are sure that the numbers do not add up correctly in the long run.

The stagnant water (around 120 m3) in the basement of the turbine building of Unit 6 was transferred to a temporary tank on 1 May.

To our way of thinking, this statement indicates a finalization of the process. However:

The transfer of stagnant high-level radioactivity water from the basement of the turbine building of Unit 6 was resumed on 2 May.

120 cubic meters... why this statistic in different terms than tonnes? A cubic meter of water weighs one metric tonne. So, 120 c/m = 120 tonnes. Why confuse the issue?

How much more high-level radioactivity water is there to transfer?

It has always been our contention that the information so vitally necessary to our survival as a species is intentionally garbled by utilization of a myriad of terms - much like radiation readings - to confuse the reader.

Work to block the Unit 2 trench pit was started on 1 May.

What are the dimensions and where does this trench go / connect to?

Why does it need to be blocked?

Is this a part of the suspected MOX nuclear weapons facility?

Plant Status
On 27 April TEPCO provided an update of the estimated percentage of core damage for Units 1, 2 and 3 following an assessment (the values assessed previously which TEPCO had provided on 15 March are given in parentheses):
Unit 1: 55% core damage (70%) 15% DECREASE
Unit 2: 35% core damage (30%) 5% INCREASE
Unit 3: 30% core damage (25%) 5% INCREASE

(Color added for emphasis.)

This reflects a revised assessment [color=limegreen]rather than any recent changes in conditions in the reactor cores.

Hey, team, does this jive with previous info released by TEPCO and/or the JAPGOV?

Still blowing smoke...

White "smoke" continues to be emitted from Unit 2 and Unit 3. There was no more white "smoke" seen emanating from Unit 4 as of 21:30 UTC on 25 April or from Unit 1 as of 21:30 UTC on 30 April.

In Unit 1 fresh water is being continuously injected into the reactor pressure vessel through the feedwater line at an indicated flow rate of 6 m3/h using a temporary electric pump with off-site power.

In Unit 2 and Unit 3 fresh water is being continuously injected into the reactor pressure vessel through the fire extinguisher line at an indicated rate of 7 m3/h using temporary electric pumps with off-site power.

On 29 April TEPCO checked the status inside the reactor building of Unit 1 using a remotely controlled robot and confirmed that there was [color=limegreen]no significant leakage of water from the primary containment vessel. Nitrogen gas is still being injected into the containment vessel in Unit 1 to reduce the possibility of hydrogen combustion inside the containment vessel. The indicated pressure in the reactor pressure vessel is still increasing.

The indicated pressure in the reactor pressure vessel is still increasing.

This would seem to indicate that there are no leaks in the RPV as of today, 29 April 2011.

Perhaps an important point to remember.

In Unit 1, the indicated temperature at the feedwater nozzle of the reactor pressure vessel is
142° C and at the bottom of reactor pressure vessel is 106° C.

Hot water (286.7˚ F) is being injected at 6 tonnes/hour. Where is this water going?

Why hot water? We thought the objective was to cool.

In Unit 2 the indicated temperature at the feedwater nozzle of the reactor pressure vessel is 118 °C. The reactor pressure vessel and the dry well remain at atmospheric pressure. On 28 April an amount of 43 tonnes of fresh water was injected into the spent fuel pool using the spent fuel pool clean-up system.

Why the difference in water temperature?

Where is this fresh water coming from that it is hot?

On 28 April an amount of 43 tonnes of fresh water was injected into the spent fuel pool using the spent fuel pool clean-up system.

Does this indicate that the SFP "clean-up system" is back to fully operational status?

On 2 May an amount of 55 tonnes of fresh water was injected into the Unit 2 spent fuel pool using the fuel pool clean-up system.

In the matter of only 4 days, where did the previously-injected water go? If it was filled only on 28 April, 55 tonnes of water is "missing" from the SFP clean-up system, indicating something less than fully operational... n'est-ce pas?

Or is all back to "normal" and merely "circulating" the water? If so, where did the water go?

In Unit 3 the indicated temperature at the feed water nozzle of the reactor pressure vessel is 99 °C and at the bottom of the reactor pressure vessel is 124 °C. The reactor pressure vessel and the dry well remain at atmospheric pressure.

Again, why the difference in water temperature?

There has been no change in the status in Unit 5 or in the common spent fuel storage facility.

OK now for you "anti-scattering agent" buffs.

Spraying of anti-scattering agent at the site is continuing. An area of about 1 000 m2 on the south side of the turbine building of Unit 4, and an area of about 4 400 m2 of the surface on the slope around the former main office building, near the on-site gymnasium and on the west side of the shallow draft quay, were sprayed on 1 May.

And now, for something completely different.

2. Radiation Monitoring
The daily monitoring of deposition of caesium and iodine radionuclides for the 47 prefectures continues. Deposition of Cs-137 and Cs-134 was detected in six prefectures on 2 May. The values reported ranged from 2.6 Bq/m2 to 19 Bq/m2.

Compared with recent data, deposition of these radionuclides has been detected in fewer prefectures and in lower amounts than for previous days.

Recent data being the immediately preceding 51 days since 3/11?

"Fewer prefectures" and "lower amounts than for previous days" is Newspeak - Doublethink- Goggledegook - Bravo Sierra - it all means the same - disinformation.

Gamma dose rates are measured daily in all 47 prefectures.

[color=limegreen]A general decreasing trend has been observed in all locations since around 20 March.

How is this possible?

Does this even seem feasible - or is the fix already in at this early date?

Take particular look of the low descriptions being used in the following portion of this travesty.

Gamma dose rates reported on 2 May remain at 1.7 µSv/h for Fukushima prefecture and 0.11 µSv/h for Ibaraki prefecture.

The other 45 prefectures had gamma dose rates of below 0.1 µSv/h, falling within the range of local natural background radiation levels.

Gamma dose rates reported specifically for the eastern part of Fukushima prefecture, for distances of more than 30 km from the Fukushima Daiichi plant, ranged from 0.1 µSv/h to 19.7 µSv/h, as reported on 2 May.

Since 1 April there has been [color=limegreen]one remaining restriction on the consumption of drinking water relating to I-131 (with a limit of 100 Bq/L), which is applicable only for [color=limegreen]one village in the Fukushima prefecture and [color=limegreen]only for infants.

According to the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT), I-131 was detected in one prefecture on 29 April, with a reported value of 0.22 Bq/L; in two prefectures on 30 April, with reported levels of 0.04 Bq/L and 0.10 Bq/L respectively; and in one prefecture on 1 May, with a reported level of 0.38 Bq/L. Cs-137 was reported on 30 April in only one prefecture, with a measured level of 0.05 Bq/L.

All these levels are [color=limegreen]below the limits set by the Japanese authorities for the restriction of water consumption due to the presence of radionuclides. The other samples did not show levels of radionuclides above the detection limit for I-131, Cs-134 and Cs-137.

This implies that there was no I-131, Cs-134 and Cs-137, which simply is not the case.

Food Restrictions
On 1 May restrictions were lifted on the distribution of raw unprocessed milk in Fukushima prefecture from the city of Minamisouma (limited to Kashima-ku and excluding Karasuzaki, Ouchi, Kawago and Shionosaki areas) and Kawamata town (excluding Yamakiya area).

That's great news, right? After all, only on 19 March did this news come out regarding the contamination of milk in Japan.

Japan Finds Radiation in Milk, Drinking Water
www.komonews.com...
[FUKUSHIMA, Japan (AP) - In the first sign that contamination from Japan's stricken nuclear complex had seeped into the food chain, officials said Saturday that radiation levels in spinach and milk from farms near the tsunami-crippled facility exceeded government safety limits.
Six workers trying to bring the Fukushima Dai-ichi plant back under control were exposed to more than 100 millisieverts of radiation - Japan's normal limit for those involved in emergency operations, according to Tokyo Electric Power Co., which operates the complex. The government raised that limit to 250 millisieverts on Tuesday as the crisis escalated.

Officials said the crisis at the plant appeared to be stabilizing, with near-constant dousing of dangerously overheated reactors and uranium fuel, but the situation was still far from resolved.

And, perhaps , the quote of the day from 19 March 2011:

We more or less do not expect to see anything worse than what we are seeing now,
said Hidehiko Nishiyama of the Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency.

Not to be outdone with this gem:

Chief Cabinet Secretary Yukio Edano, meanwhile, insisted
the contaminated foods pose no immediate health risk.

3. Marine Monitoring
The marine monitoring programme is carried out both near the discharge areas of the Fukushima Daiichi plant by TEPCO and at off-shore stations by MEXT. (The locations of the sampling positions have been provided in previous briefings.)

Increased radioactivity in the marine environment occurred by aerial deposition and by discharges and outflow of contaminated water with a high radioactivity level.

Really?

Marine Discharges
In a news release issued on 25 April, NISA communicated its evaluation of a report submitted by TEPCO on 21 April in relation to contaminated water with a high radioactivity level that flowed out from Unit 2 of the Fukushima Daiichi plant.

The outflow rate is estimated to have been approximately 4.3 m3/h. The concentrations of the relevant radionuclides, estimated from measurements, were 5400 MBq/L of I-131, 1800 MBq/L of Cs-134 and 1800 MBq/L of Cs-137.

The outflow rate is estimated to have been approximately 4.3 m3/h.

Exactly what amount of contaminated water with a high radioactivity level are we talking about?

(Another instance where the water database comes in handy.)

4.3 cubic meters/hour is 4.3 tonnes/h, right?

How many hours are we speaking of, or is this an on-going situation?

Seawater Monitoring
The activity concentrations of I-131, Cs-134 and Cs-137 in sea water at the screen of Unit 2 were measured every day from 2 April to 30 April. The [color=limegreen]concentrations fell by several orders of magnitude from initial values of more than 100 MBq/L at the beginning of April to less than 10 kBq/L for Cs-134 and Cs-137 on 30 April, with a continuing decreasing trend.

These figures also seem to be incorrect in both the numbers quoted and the inference that all are on a "continuing decreasing treand."

Newspeak.

However, levels of I-131 remained at around 100 kBq/L from 26 April to 30 April at this sampling position. The sandbags containing Zeolite® absorbers that were placed at several locations between Unit 2 and Unit 4 to reduce the concentrations of Cs-134 and Cs-137 seem to be effective.

The concentrations of the relevant radionuclides at the other TEPCO sampling positions show a [color=limegreen]general decreasing trend up to 30 April.

Monitoring performed by MEXT at off-shore sampling positions consists of:

Measurement of ambient dose rate in air above the sea;
Analysis of ambient dust above the sea;
Analysis of surface samples of seawater; and
Analysis of samples of seawater collected at 10 m above the sea bottom.

The analysis for almost all sampling positions has shown a general decreasing trend in concentrations of the relevant radionuclides over time.

Samples were taken at stations 1 - 10 every four days after 2 April. Activity concentrations at MEXT sampling points 30 km off-shore are significantly lower than those at TEPCO sampling points 15 km off-shore. None of the activity concentrations of I-131 and Cs-137 in surface samples taken from points 1, 3, 5, 7, 9 and S-3 on 27 April and from points 2, 6 and S-4 on 25 April were above the detection limits. Samples taken from points 4, 8 and 10 showed concentrations of Cs-137 between of 10.5 Bq/L and 40 Bq/L. Only the sample from point 10 had an I-131 activity concentration, at 21.5 Bq/L, that was above the detection limit.

Samples were taken at the recently added off-shore stations at the Ibaraki prefecture on 25 April. There were no activity concentrations of I-131 and Cs-137 in the surface layer of sea water that were above the detection limits.

Radiation Monitoring in Ports
On 22 April the Japanese Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism (MLIT) issued guidelines for radiation measurements in ports in Japan in order to provide foreign port authorities with accurate data. The guidelines cover gamma dose rate measurements for export shipping containers and shipping as well as radiation monitoring of the atmosphere and of sea water in ports.

And this is an "official" report issued to the public.

No wonder the cover-up is so complete... disinformation everywhere.

Will we stand for much more of this?

In Peace, Love & Light

tfw

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
The problems with all this kind of dis-information is that it comes out in dribs and drabs and from various sources and cannot be categorised..

What we need is some effective way to pull it all together and cross-check it - but how?

I suppose it must be similar to any criminal (which this IS) investigation where information on the whole subject is gathered and collected from many different sources and the need is there to catalogue it and to be able to pull out all relevant information on one searched topic.

Anyone interested can research how this can be done. That would be useful to many threads and if software exists in the public domain it would be possible and do-able.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

There is no possible way on earth a human being could be so unremoved from reality. This is a quote from an article in the Japan Times titled;

"84 more Fukushima cows found shipped" here's the link

search.japantimes.co.jp...

"According to the prefectural government, the 84 cows were raised at five farms in the cities of Koriyama, Kitakata and Soma, and were fed with hay that farmers cut from rice paddies after the March 11 earthquake and tsunami triggered the nuclear crisis at the Fukushima No. 1 power plant. Hay remaining at a Koriyama farm was found to be contaminated with a level of cesium measuring 500,000 becquerels per kg. The farmers involved told Fukushima authorities that they were unaware of the central government's instruction issued March 19 that farm animals should not eat feed kept outdoors during the nuclear crisis.

An official from the Fukushima Prefectural Government's farm department said at a news conference that the local municipality failed to properly convey the instructions to farmers. "We will reflect on it," the official said."

REFLECT ON IT!!! REFLECT ON THIS!!!

Have you noticed that not one of these farmers have thought to themselves, Hey, I handled that feed. Dust of all kinds came off the feed when I fed my animals. I breathed in that dust. How much radiation is in me??

What's VERY wrong with this picture??

Japan is slowly being radiated and no one cares!!

And these are only the birthing pains.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by VisionsOfMann

Not to mention the fact that it is rice straw they were fed.

If the straw is that radioactive, how's the rice?

Gives "self-cooking" a whole new twist, on multiple levels.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by VisionsOfMann

Well, looks like it was a bank of lights and welding after all!! How about that!!

From NHK World; www3.nhk.or.jp...

That's not right. The lights are no where near the turbine building of R3. The lighting bank is coming from the building that emits two of the four exhaust stacks southwest of R4, and the bright flash is west of that.

The area that is lit up but cant be seen has been the center of attention before, and the cause, or at least involved in some of the previous mass expulsions registered at night from the R4 area.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
There are lots of good environmental investigators in this world, but there's a quality needed to be a great environmental investigator that many don't have. That quality is stupidity, not knowing when to back-off, when to shut-up, when to run for the hills; instead putting on blinders, ignoring all threats, and plowing ahead at all costs. Simple stupidity.

I believe now that I have amassed enough data to convince any jury of rationale humans, and maybe even an international tribunal, that an underground complex (UC) exists in the southern part of the Fukushima NPP, and that this facility is the source of some/most of the intensity in the R3 explosion, and the primary cause of the R2 and R4 explosions, as well as one of the main contributors to ongoing radiation emissions from the plant.

At the very least the data warrants that the list of theories for the explosions in R2, R3, and R4 need to be expanded to include one more. For instance, concerning the explosion in R3, currently the theories holding weight with the scientific community are;

Gundersen) a hydrogen burst in the upper part of R3 deflected and sent a shockwave into the SFP causing prompt criticality.

TRN) Corium melted through containment and hit water below.

Tepco) A single hydrogen explosion only.

Clancy) A blowdown through the RPV from corium weakened points, into the torus, and up and out from there.

tyroman) Two seperate hydrogen explosions, one in the upper part of R3, sending a shock wave through the lower part condensing enough steam to render the remaining hydrogen-oxygen mixture in the building explosive. The second detonation (ignited by the detonation above) occurred in the lower spaces of the building and was vectored upward through the "fuel transfer shaft" (phase 2 detonation).

Add to this;

zworld) The blast initiated underground in the UC causing a pulse or shockwave seen above the SY a half second before R3 exploded. This in turn caused R3 to a) inhale, b) explode in a fire ball that exits above R3, not from the side, c) inhale again, and then d) explode in the main vertical blast vectored up the tunnel system which runs through the torus under R3, with at least one other subsequent explosion occurring in SY 1/2. The bottomless hole in the 4th floor of R3, where the main blast emanated from, would be above this point.

I have the data secured, and will post as I assemble it, meaning it will be divided up into numerous posts over the next few days, or longer, and eventually will be in pdf report form for better distribution.

For sometime the mysteries of Fukushima baffled me, until I acknowledged the potential existence of an underground facility. Since then one piece after another has fallen into place. The reason this theory hasn't been incorporated previously is because the people who might have got it were constantly being misinformed, and discussions redirected, before the nucleus could form, by bloggers, mods, hosts, journalists, shills. They're now everywhere shutting awareness down, making sure the truth remains hidden, hopefully forever.

And I'm their worst fu*^#ng nightmare, a radical hippy with braincells left. Let the games begin.

edit on 17-7-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by generik

hi generik,

seems perplexing, i know... however, a while ago (before the on-site cam was set up) i was watching the TBS live-cam - it was a very clear, sunny day on there... the cam operator began zooming in & out of the site, messing about, then suddenly in a blink, the view became "foggy" & stayed that way for the remainder of the time i was watching

now, that cam had VERY often presented that way previous to that point, & i'd always assumed that it was always in fact genuinely foggy those times

the incident i mention above changed my perception of that in an instant... sure, they do get mist/fog with being on the coast, but the camera-dabbling proved that, oftentimes, it may not in fact be foggy!

from that point on, i was always suspicious of why the cam showed the site obscured - i just couldn't trust "apparent" weather conditions

i hope this helps put your mind at ease a little

edit on 17-7-2011 by pattonisit because: mikepattonisgod

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

totally agree, very scary indeed... i can't imagine just how scary it must be for those who have children & grandchildren, though i try... what a terrible legacy they'll inherit... makes me really feel sick :'(

thx again for your great work PC, much appreciate it

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Underground Complex post 1

In reviewing past Fukushima data I was re-checking vids of the R3 blast, only this time with the knowledge of a potential underground structure. And it started to dawn on me that we were watching multiple explosions occurring, some removed from R3. I kept looking at different versions, the 11 second, the full (I thought) 17 seconds, enhanced, slow motion, and little by little things were becoming clearer. But my eyes were exhausted, so I sat back in my couch with the laptop on my knees, and I put my glasses on the laptop, which hit the play button on the vid I was previously watching, the original Sky news presentation. (Thats my avatar, the women newscaster who just sits there staring without coming back to address the audience. Dumbfounded and spellbound. Its how Ive been since day one.)

Anyway, I was lazily watching the screen at an angle which made the picture dark, almost to the point where it turns into its negative, and WHAM!!! there it was. In the initial few frames a half second before the blast, a pulse or shockwave can be seen above either the switching yard or R1, impossible to tell with the angle of the cam.

I was amazed I hadn't noticed this before, and then I realized that it barely shows when looking at the screen head on, and isn't brought out by darkening or enhancing the image. Its best seen when darkened by the angle of the monitor or screen. However, it does show when viewed straight on and I still wondered why i hadn't picked up on it. Then after reviewing other stuff I noticed that the later versions that hit the web and were enhanced and manipulated were slightly shortened versions that started right after the pulse. Clever little dicks aren't they.

Here is the original screen capture of Sky News broadcast. ON EDIT. here is the URL. Ill figure out how to do vids to here some day.

www.youtube.com...

Once you have identified this pulse, all else that follows makes perfect sense. These are the areas of research that need analysis but up till now no one has pursued.

There are 5 key points needing analysis;

1) The pre-blast flash. This is in the rough vicinity of the SY or R1, which from this angle is behind the SY. Its a pulse that does the same thing as the R3 blast a fraction of a second later.

2) The R3 blast has four distinct segments. It first inhales, then exhales, then inhales and then exhales for good.

3) The smoke and debris from R3 stays on the other side of the exhaust tower for 3/4, while the wind pushes the main cloud out to sea. This negates the debris field west of R3 being from the R3 blast. It also shows that no sections of roof or whatever descended on the 1/2 SY causing the roof damage or debris we have seen there.

4) the secondary blast nears the SY with the tower for 1/2 slowly disappearing. When first seeing this vertical ascent of darkness up the tower I thought this was shadow effect from the main blast. But then I saw the most extended version which showed the darkness disappear from the tower vertically, while the blast cloud moved horizontally, possibly eliminating shadow effect.

Then there is the blue flash which preceeds the SY explosion. This possibly a sign of criticality.

Then there are the bright flashes in the SY blast cloud as it expands up and out in all directions. These could be transformers blowing up, but if this is true, then its proof that electricity from the grid was still going to the SY on the Tohoku line, the only line that could have been hot. It would also mean that, without power, whatever was in the UC would now join the rest of the plant with no cooling pumps. And if not transformers, then what?

5) The radiation levels in rubble found in front and behind the 1/2 SY. This area produced the hottest remnants, and the R3, R4 and R1 debris fields didn't come this way.

In my next post I'll cover #2 and #3 from above.

new topics

top topics

<< 975  976  977    979  980  981 >>

join