It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 975.htm
<< 972  973  974    976  977  978 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Rice Prices Soaring

fear shipment restrictions could be imposed on rice crops from the Tohoku and Kanto regions if radioactive substances in excess of permissible levels are found

search.japantimes.co.jp...

Was afraid this was gonna start happening...

Plant those sunflowers!!! Wonder what sucks up the plutonium?

- Purple Chive

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Need to make a correction. The photos in my earlier post of the entrance to the CSFP showing a NEMA enclosure and piping (nitro feed lines?) going over the top of the entrance are not from June 12th as reported on blog sites, they are from late April, which adds a different wrinkle. It suggests that the CSFP was one of the earliest places to get nitrogen, along with R1, which began April 6th. It also once again raises the question, 'why so much attention paid to the CSFP early on'.

The following link is to the original flickr account for the set of 71 photos that are some of the only good hi res on the ground photos we have. Its important to be dated right.
translate.google.com...://www.flickr.com/photos/xtcbz/sets/72157626687253144/&sl=ja&tl=en

And to give an idea of how much attention, here is the anti-scattering agent spray schedule for the first three weeks of April. As an aside, one of the problems Ive had with locating data is Tepco's inconsistent terminology. For awhile the spray was called dust inhibitor, then anti scattering agent, then back to dust inhibitor. And you have to search both terms to find all the data. The same occurs with the CSFP. You need to search for different variations to find all the data.

Another example is how they change definitions between status reports. Originally they stated most early spraying was around the CSFP. Now they state that it was around the power station, but dont say where the power station is. Yet from the below snippet its obvious that the spraying was around the CSFP. And why do they call it a trial period. As far as I can surmise they never tested areas before or after to see if their "testing" was working or not.

Just like locking pdf's so you cant copy from them, Tepco plays many games. And to get around the game of locked pdf's I have to do snippets.

Note that they can't say that they were only using this area as a test before spraying around more contaminated areas, as on the 5th the sprayed around R4.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

"23,000 Radioactive Firefighter Uniforms...."

Holy le Excrement..."23,000" firefighter uniforms...WTF?

He is part of the team of 25 men removing and packing 23,000 firefighters' uniforms dumped near reactors No 1, 2, 3 and 4 in the first chaotic days of the crisis, when three of the plant's six reactors suffered core meltdowns. One group retrieves the uniforms, which he collects by truck and drops off for another crew to sort and pack before they are taken away for disposal.

"We don't have any contact with the Tepco engineers or technicians," he says. "My company is about six places down the pecking order."

www.guardian.co.uk...

- Purple Chive

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Now Tokai Daini...just how bad is this nuke situation in Japan?

Tokai Daini plant lost its outside power sources, and had to rely on emergency generators until regular power returned.

The utility says some parts were also found missing from a device that injects coolant into the reactor. It also discovered cracks in equipment attached to the upper parts of the reactor.

www3.nhk.or.jp...

Tokyo Electric Power Co has a major stake in the firm, Japan's oldest nuclear power company.

www.reuters.com...

Fukushima Daini didn't explode and neither did Tokai Daini...

What is finally coming out in dribbles...a lot of nuclear reactors took one hell of a beating during the 9.0 earthquake and all the aftershocks since and are in precarious situations.

- Purple Chive

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by zworld

Link is messed up but,
Try this link to access the images your referring to www.flickr.com...

rbrtj

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by rbrtj

Thanks rbrtj. Been having a problem with links lately.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Q, hope you dont mind. This was posted by Q and is from a Japan Atomic Energy Agency pamphlet. The thread is at
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Horonobe underground research lab right (sedimentary rock) Mizuname underground research lab left (crystalline rock) page 19
I tell you what though, those are extensive tunnels for a research lab researching crystalline rock and sedimentary rock. Why do you think the Japanese would need all those tunnel systems?

Wow, that is incredible. How much is that going to cost and as you say, 'Why build it in the first place. To study rocks?'

Good score Q. The whole pamphlet is interesting in showing how far into nuclear Japan has gone. Interesting too there location of research labs, with the main cluster so close to Fukushima, including the main lab.

And the pamphlet also provided one of the days best laughs with this quote;

it has been possible to maintain a sustainable society through efficient utilization of uranium resources and reduction of environmental impact.

those Japanese are such kidders.
edit on 13-7-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Oh god, I take it back. The JAEA aren't the funniest agency out there today. The NRC is rocking with laughs coming out both ends with their brand new Fukushima report. Comedy Central has nothing on these folks, and that includes Tosh.O, I kid you not. Here's a sampler for you.

They undertook great efforts to obtain power and cooling to prevent the unthinkable from occurring.

Like tapping into the 66kV Tohoku line a few feet away from the SY and running hot

The outcome—no fatalities and the expectation of no significant radiological health effects

stop, youre killin me

The Task Force appreciates that an accident involving core damage and uncontrolled release of radioactive material to the environment, even one without significant health consequences, is inherently unacceptable.

oh, dear, Im having trouble breathing
gotta stop
laughing

The Task Force also recognizes that there likely will be more than 100 nuclear power plants operating throughout the United States for decades to come.

Wait a minute.
They're being serious.
OVER MY DEAD BODY YOU FU#!%&G WORTHLESS IDIOTS!!

ONEDIT: I remembered that I forgot to remember to post the url for the NRC report and now I don't think I will. Its an insulting waste of our money and youre probably alot better off not reading it. It certainly didn't lift my spirits. The only truth in the whole thing can be found on the pages that say "This Page Left Intentionally Blank". Too bad they didn't save our money and make every page say that.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Calculated Cost of Human Life...literally..

A dozen major recommendations to improve plant safety were included in a report from a Nuclear Regulatory Commission task force that was created after the March accident at Japan's Fukushima Daiichi nuclear complex.

In the calculation, a human life was valued at about $3 million.

The cost-protection rule adopted in 1988 has insulated the industry against major upgrades without proof that human health benefits exceeded those costs.

online.wsj.com...

How much are your children/grand children worth?

Even the Wall Street Journal has some concerns...wow...maybe there is a God besides money!!!

- Purple Chive

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

Yeah, sooner or later. And when they start testing fish caught in the farwest Pacific and find radioactivity in them, tuna and other fish stocks in our markets are going to start getting pulled. Six months at best. Stock up now if you can.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by zworld

Again I am EXTREMELY thankful for you, Purple, Silverlok, TRN, Zorgon, DWW, Worhog, Jaded, Des & (sorry I can't remember all w/o going back through the thread)...
I know nothing except the education you have ALL provided...however growing up we always had Tornado Drills & heard about Nuclear Bombs...even seeing those old B & W Films at school (& possibly before a Movie at the theatre)...I had Nuclear nightmares for yrs...waking in a sweat after dreams of seeing rockets come across the sky. I even remember the very last one which showed the Sun like the size a close Harvest rising Full Moon, dripping what appeared to be Blood every where but was actually fire & all places on the earth were burning.....I was probably in 4th grade to 6th grade when I had that dream....Sorry not trying to be off topic but the whole situation is Scary as Hell.
Friends & family have no clue, & my family thinks" well if your family & friends are going to die then why would you want to be here"....I'm totally opposite.

How long do you think it is safe to buy the processed tuna in the pouches? I miss REAL fish, haven't eaten any since the Fuku deal...had Salmon or whatever I could get outside of Gulf or East coast once that ordeal started...& now Fuku I haven't had any fresh fish.
Seems like we're ALL going to have 2 start our own purified water green houses, indoor fish tanks, & barns with growing lights to grow feed for grazing animals with them in it.... I had always been shocked how humans neglected the planet, but the Fuku really made it ALL real that there are only FEW of us that care.

On the other hand, I could swear I heard a discussion on NPR before Fuku in re to cancer research
re some kind of cell or gene (sorry not a brain) that they can inject or introduce to the cancerous cells & it
kills only those cells, kind of working like a Macrophage...? I tried to find the interview several months back, but no luck. So when all this Fuku began & NO ONE was doing anything, I felt like we were the new health experiment for whatever cancer cures "THEY" have been working on....

Cheers
Ektar

Z you're ROCKING S & F your previous extreme informative post.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ektar
How long do you think it is safe to buy the processed tuna in the pouches? I miss REAL fish, haven't eaten any since the Fuku deal

I'll look into that for both of us. ive been cutting back but still buying tuna. Im assuming that Southern Hemisphere fish are still good, and probably most deep sea fish, but anything that might have come from the main plume path across the pacific from Japan to the westcoast could be a problem. I wouldn't eat any of the westcoast US fisheries until testing was done. And once again we're back in the matrix, without answers to simple but important questions. In a sane world government agencies and private institutions would be making monitoring food, water, air, soil priority #1. Thats not going to happen and without the information needed to perform an honest analysis of potential effects, no one knows what the right thing to do is.

You'd think by now that our government would have gotten the message to at least a certain extent, but instead we're going in the opposite direction on monitoring.

It shows how deep the hook goes.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by zworld

Originally posted by Purplechive

Yeah, sooner or later. And when they start testing fish caught in the farwest Pacific and find radioactivity in them, tuna and other fish stocks in our markets are going to start getting pulled. Six months at best. Stock up now if you can.

Greetings:

... when they start testing fish caught in the far-west Pacific and find radioactivity...

Perhaps this will interest you also:

5 April 2011
Fish Near Fukushima At 4000% Above Codex Alimentarius Limit For Radioactive I-131
— Yet US Says Eating It Poses NO Health Risk

This is just too good.... you can't make this up folks, as no one would believe you.

U.S. public-health officials sought Tuesday to reassure consumers about the safety of food in the U.S., including seafood, amid news that fish contaminated with unusually high levels of radioactive materials had been caught in waters 50 miles from the stricken Fukushima nuclear plant in Japan.

May we bring your attention to the word, "stricken?"

Even though this is only 25 days into the event, the fix is clearly already in.

No contaminated fish have turned up in the U.S., or in U.S. waters, [color=limegreen]according to experts from the Food and Drug Administration, Environmental Protection Agency and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

They expressed confidence that even a single fish sufficiently contaminated to pose a risk to human health would be detected by the U.S. monitoring system.

The FDA, EPA & CDCP "express confidence" that they would detect a single contaminated fish.

Too bad illegals coming through Mexico across our Southern Border aren't "sufficiently contaminated"...

hmmmmmm... wait just a minute...

They also dismissed concerns that eating fish contaminated at the levels seen so far in Japan would pose such a risk.

But, does one think that these talking heads would actually eat any of this fish?

Thomas Frieden, head of the CDC in Atlanta, said he expected continued detection of low levels of radioactive elements in the water, air and food in the U.S. in coming days, but that readings at those levels do not indicate any level of public health concern.
source

In Peace, Love & Light

tfw

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I figured this was coming sooner or later. This is their trump card, and why the US started to acknowledge global warming a couple of years ago. Global warming is real, but this is your typical corporate bullsh&%, turn an important ecological concern into a money maker that promotes something that is also bad for the ecology. Downplay one, up-play the other. Good cop, bad cop. And the really insulting thing is the last sentence that suggests promoting renewables and then says nothing more. So much for promotion.

Halting reactors would increase CO2 emissions

The Japanese government says annual carbon dioxide emissions would increase by 210 million tons if the country were to shift from nuclear power to fossil fuels.

The Environment Ministry estimates that if Japan halted all 54 domestic nuclear reactors in favor of thermal power generation using coal and natural gas, carbon dioxide emissions would increase by up to 16 percent compared to 1990 levels.

Under the Kyoto Protocol on global warming, Japan is obliged to cut average emissions by 6 percent from its 1990 output over a 5-year period through 2012.

Operating more thermal power plants might make it necessary to boost purchases of emission rights from overseas to offset the increase in CO2 output.

ON EDIT: bottom got clipped off

Japan could also have trouble achieving the government-set target of reducing greenhouse gas emissions by 25 percent by 2020.

The ministry plans to promote use of renewable energy, as it remains unclear when nuclear plants across Japan will be restarted.

www3.nhk.or.jp...

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by rbrtj
reply to post by zworld

I had a flippen fit and am still steaming about it and it gets worse.

For more information go to t.co...
I would advise anyone on the thread that lives in my state of Washington and Oregon to copy these 3 pages of the press release from Heart of America Northwest.
t.co...
www.hoanw.org...

edit on 12-7-2011 by rbrtj because: added extra link t.co...

edit on 12-7-2011 by rbrtj because: (no reason given)

Yes, is difficult to be able to truly comprehend the depth of corruption and at the same time remain sane... even common sense would make better choices than what we've seen (over and over) - which begs the question of why common sense has no role with all these great problems?

I also experience most people are completely asleep. In my entire life (almost 60 years) I can count on my fingers and toes the number of people who have truly questioned everything and kept looking no matter how grisly the picture started looking. The normalcy bias is the norm here, I think mostly because this generation and then some have lived in relative peace in North America - we don't know any different. I call it having fatal optimism - just like the worker bees that cull the hives by taking out the useless ones - even though they see their co-workers before them get taken out, they do nothing - they don't leave, they don't fight back, they don't get scared...

I live in southern British Columbia, not very far north from Boise Idaho - Since the Fukushima catastrophes I stopped drinking milk, eating most meat and fish and avoid the rain as much as possible - there is not much more I can do without a lot of energy (which I don't have) and means (which I have even less of).

I printed the Heart of America you posted and will pass hard copies along to a few local activists as well as my family doctor who used to be very involved in the Hanford facility because WE ARE DIRECTLY UPWIND from it! As I recall many years back the Hanford facility released a huge burp of radiation and *poof* incidents of diseases went up - I don't recall which ones, I recall way back when I worked in a hospital discussions they suspected these were from the Hanford releases - was something like Parkinsons's but can't be sure was many years ago.

I have a conundrum about all this as of late due to "Prince William and Princess Kate" having just come to Canada and attended the infamous Calgary Stampede before going to California. Some readers/posters will understand what I'm really asking... Question - Arnie Gunderson has sources that confirm on average people in Seattle breathe in hot particles daily, more if they're outdoors - I have to presume this would also be true for the majority of the west coast from British Columbia to California based on winds. And I would also presume it didn't "stop" at the coast and continued on over to Calgary Alberta and across California. "If" there's hot particles all over here, why would they come here and put themselves knowingly at risk? (For the record, I have no doubt NASA and bunch of other alphabets can read and track every hot particle emitted but we will never be privy to it and that absolutely includes the Queen of England being completely informed at the least, part of the problem at the worst). The only answers I can come up with to this question is: a. there is no risk (meaning none of us have to worry about hot particles) b. there is a risk and they took it knowingly (which to me implies that either they have cures for inhaled/ingested hot particles causing cancer - or - they're immune......)

Being the cynic I am, I tend to think maybe they're immune in one way or another - or it doesn't matter if they're affected because they can "fix" it one way or another -

I wouldn't be traveling "closer" to Japan unless I had nothing to worry about.... ?

(and another thank you for all your collective brain cells!!!)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by wishes

Thank you for your post.
Here is something else to investigate and or ponder.
I heard or read probably on here that the Royal family owns most of the mineral rights around the world and uranium is making them a ton of money.
If this is the case, then the Prince would want to make sure things seem as normal as possible by doing exactly what is expected of him to keep the money flowing in.
Can anyone prove the ownership of the uranium mineral rights in Canada and else ware out side the United States who also probably has the same mineral rights as the other big corporations.
Godspeed... rbrtj

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Z, you're on such a roll right now!

Still haven't been able to make a lot of time yet for the drainage analysis, but I have found this tidbit that may be of interest to those of you on the west coast:

Helicopters measuring radiation in Bellevue

Lessons from the nuclear incidents in Fukushima, Japan show the value of a local project to measure background radiation levels in several parts of the state. A low-flying helicopter will gather radiological readings, starting Monday around Puget Sound, including Bellevue, Redmond and Kirkland.

Even though the EPA says there's nothing to worry about nor is there any need to look further, it seems as though other's are not lulled by the piper's music.

But it would seem as though they are a bit off key themselves:

The helicopter will fly a grid pattern at an altitude of about 300 feet to collect data. Mapping the normal amounts and location of radioactive material will provide a baseline for comparison to assess contamination if there were a nuclear incident like the events in Fukushima.

Sampling in that area of Japan after the nuclear reactors were damaged produced radiation readings, but there was no baseline for comparison so it was unclear how much higher the levels had grown.

They're under the impression that the releases from Fukushima haven't really effected them. It will be interesting to keep a close eye on this project and see what turns up.

They don't have a baseline from before Fukushima for the area they are to be taking readings from this week coming up, so they won't know how much their current readings are above what they would have been prior to the event.

Information about the project is available on the agency Aerial Radiological Survey Web site.

Anyone interested further may want to ask them about the possibility of the readings they receive being skewed due to already existing contamination from Fukushima.

source

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
wow...

for the record,

this is the 19, 500th post to this thread...

20,000 coming rightup...

(with next confirmation that this disaster is a disaster!!!)

seeya

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jadedANDcynical
Z, you're on such a roll right now!

The Bellevue helicopter story is the same thing as the posts concerning monitoring for baseline in Washington. Its pissed alot of people off.

I am on a roll. Mind is working overtime. Unfortunately it doesn't pay the bills and thats why I have to head offline for a few days, (unless something drags me back to town). I need some help if you or anyone else has the time. Im trying to locate a couple of photos, or any knowledge of the huge exhaust stack system at the south end of the plant. This stack has four exhaust pipes in one tower. It takes three pipes to exhaust all the reactors 1-6, but in one place away from the reactors they need 4? Seems strange. I can see an exhaust line running from centralized waste building, and with its incineration section this makes sense, and it looks like another may be coming from the turbine buildings. Somewhere on the net I saw a good picture of these four stacks, aerial, looking down on them. Can no longer find it. And if there are any photos from ground level that show what connections feed up this stack, I think its very important.

By the way. The NRC report has a brief section on each reactor but, surprise.....surprise, they never mention the CSFP. But I gotta say, they keep their sense of humor all the way through. For instance, if a Fukushima happens in the US, the NRC will work on.

mitigation of the consequences......with a focus on preventing core and spent fuel damage and uncontrolled releases of radioactive material to the environment

I don't know about you, but it makes me feel warm and fuzzy to know that the Nuclear Regulatory Commission has enough expertise and foresight to know that, in the case of 3 reactors and 4 SFPs losing all cooling, they will focus on preventing these from melting down, cause, like, you know, when you think about it, it seems THATS THE ONLY THING ANYONE SHOULD FOCUS ON YOU FRIGGIN IDIOTS!!!!

What do we pay these people for. (Other than comedy relief).

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
zworld - The images of the reactors that you are looking for may have been the ones I posted in the DigitalGlobe pdfs.
1 here
another here

I looked at the Tepco webcam tonight at 9:30 their time and it looked as if they were working in the moonlight! There seems to be a large something at the far left side, like a crane or something far higher than the number 1 building.. The pictute is so sh1t that anything is possible there at night.

top topics

<< 972  973  974    976  977  978 >>

join