It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 974.htm
<< 971  972  973    975  976  977 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Riddle me this ATSman (or ATSfolk or ATSpeople). Why would the CSFP need nitrogen. Nitrogen is an emergency fix to put a barrier between reactive gases like hydrogen and oxygen. And there is no hydrogen being created in the CSFP. The common spent fuel pool has never been in danger, and there is no buildup of dangerous gases there.

So why does it look like there is a nitrogen feed going into the CSFP?

Im depending on others to correct any wayward thinking here. I dont have enough knowledge in this field to make sure everything Im assuming at least makes sense. I think in pictures, visualize events and then try and convey these images to others without having deep science in this area. So here goes.

Photo 1) Below is a mobile nitrogen generator as previously surmised by either CT or J&C. On the door they've written N2/PSA. N2 is nitrogen, PSA stands for pressure swing adsorption, a form of technology that is used to separate nitrogen from other gases. When trucked in like this they're called mobile on-site nitrogen generators, where air is separated and the nitrogen, is contained at 99.99% purity. (Air is mostly nitrogen, not oxygen as I assumed). The line then goes to the control center where the different parameters for a particular feed are regulated. These control centers are housed in NEMA enclosures.

Video) The first three photos are actually screen captures from this Tepco video from June 12th. This is an important video to download and save. The trucks and pipes are from 1:10 to 1:16.

Photo 2) These are the different pipelines coming from the trucks. There are four lines in all. At the time of this video they were injecting nitrogen into R1 and R2 and preparing for R3. Why does this show 4 lines already in operation. ON EDIT: was looking at wrong date. I have to find the status of when they started feeding. But we know they were preparing for feeding the reactors at this time.

Photo 3) This shows two of the lines going to NEMA control centers, and two continuing on.

Photos 4 and 5) The east entrance to the CSFP. These photos were also taken June 12th and can be seen at Daisuke TSUDA's Fukushima Gallery (www.youtube.com...=14). Two things of extreme importance. In photo 4 we see a black line feeding over the top of the entrance. And in photo 5 we see a NEMA enclosure parked in front of the CSFP. This is similar to other nitrogen control centers in operation at Fuku.

These photos raise a question beyond the obvious one of 'why is nitrogen at this late date being fed to the CSFP, which doesn't need nitrogen'. And that is 'why doesn't the feedline go through the entrance instead of through the roof?' and it's a damn good question. Wish I had an answer for it. The only thing that comes to mind is that the strange bunker like room (to the side of the entrance) with the two square cement windows houses the entrance down to the underground complex, and tsunami and blast damage forced them to go through the roof. This is where we need a tecwiz. Somewhere out there are the T-Hawk shots that they havent been releasing. The T-Hawk has been flying and photographing the plant since early on and up to it's crashing on the roof of R2. We need these photos. They show everything!!!

Photo 6) We know that the dark piping isnt a part of the new recirculation system as those pipes are color coded in light colors.

Photo 7) This is a recent Tepco handout photo (7/12....have to look for the url) of both a nitrogen feed line and orange recirculation pipes in front of the building Ive been calling the Transmission Building, which is between the CSFP and the SY (old mystery building). This is to me proof that the CSFP (or more precisely the UC under the CSFP) is being fed nitrogen TO THIS DAY! The black pipe they are going to relocate turns to the left as it exits the picture. The next building is the CSFP and the line is heading away from the reactors. The trucks are parked at the other end of the reactors, up from R1. They wouldn't have a nitrogen feed line in this area if they were only feeding nitrogen to the reactors.

I don't know about you, but the case is damn near closed for me. I have very little doubt at this time that there is an underground complex enriching spent fuel and that this complex is in trouble, just like R1-4. And there is no way of knowing how much trouble, unless someone with intimate knowledge comes forward. And if the problem is a big one like R1-4, then heaven help us, cause its being cared for by the same people botching up badly above ground.
edit on 12-7-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by zworld

ZW totally get the frustration. Once again I think we are seeing the 'normalcy bias' crop in in addition to some smart PR/PM. Nothing is wrong because it 'can't' be and we don't want it to be. The majority of folks are being hypnotized and yes, you know that, but when you see evidence it's still shocking. Almost everyone I speak to is not aware that there is a problem at Fuku or that it's been solved. It's like being the only wake person in a room full of sleepers.

Don't underestimate the power of the media armed with targeted disinfo, distraction, and denial techniques to lead the public around like a dog being lured with a yummy treat - everything else forgotten but what is directly in front of them. Modern media is like a Psych Smart Bomb, very powerful, very effective. This goes for helicopter pilots and DOH workers too -- no one is immune from it except the few creators of these bombs who know full-well what they are doing, those familiar with the techniques, and a few other clear-headed folks armed with other data.

For some, like my boyfriend, he gets annoyed with me because he feels why waste time putting energy into something that can't be changed. He knows it's a fugged up situation, doesn't deny it, but feels all we can do is get riled up and express our impotent outrage. There is nothing we personally can do to change the course this disaster is on. TRN said many many pages ago that physics is now in charge and there isn't anything humans can do now. All this fiddling around by TEPCO is about PM (perception management ie: stock prices) and their 'solutions' are actually adding to the radiation load that will eventually be released.

My BF wonders why I would make myself unhappy thinking on these things. I know there are many folks like him. They feel it's sad, but oh well, shrug... 'what can you do?', life must go on and they don't really want to know, like the dying man doesn't want to know the hour it will come and wants to enjoy his last days. The difference is I like to know what's coming at me
and perhaps prepare as best I can. Combined with a morbid curiosity....like a bystander watching a trainwreck, as we all are, and we're pointing and gasping at the horror, ultimately our sounds matter little but perhaps to give some extra insight and comfort to each other.

There is value in that.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by zworld

What an excellent post Zworld, I think you get top marks for dilligence.

Earlier today I watched Arnie Gundersen's latest (four) videos of their Boston library presentation. It was very good, but I was left wondering why he concludes that, on showing photos of a very badly damaged R4 building and it's SFP, that the fuel bundles he points out were partially exposed in the footage, weren't even more exposed, to the point of a fire perhaps, or surely to fairly violent zirconium heating (to produce the hydrogen for the blast)? I still remember viewing an early AREVA ppt that had pages of slides indicating that R4 SFP may combust or have been combusting unshielded...perhaps one of our scientists could reassure us?

Anyway, IMO the reason I still hold doubts about R4, is largely due to still flaky visual evidence, in so much as that provided by TEPCO to back up it's stories, and then you look at the CSFP and still, NO internal footage...month #4 !?! NOT A SINGLE PHOTO OR STILL OF THE INSIDE OF THE CSFP POST EVENT?
I might cynically add that oddly for TEPCO, as far as I'm aware they haven't even tried putting out any library pictures of it...

Odd also IMO as surely the CSFP, if as they say remained strong and safe, would surely provide something of a convenient bolt-hole/staging post for workers sheltering from the external ravages of rads and fallout? You'd therefore expect pictures in ratios similar to those received from other areas - no? I mean it's arguably of more public interest than many of the other facility details documented - or is it just us?

I was trained to analyse artworks, and we were told it's not necessarily what is put in a picture, but often what isn't that is interesting or most telling.

Ps - it wasn't me that highlighted the gas wagons/pipes

Some good posts lately tennacious Z

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by zworld

I had a flippen fit and am still steaming about it and it gets worse.

For more information go to t.co...
I would advise anyone on the thread that lives in my state of Washington and Oregon to copy these 3 pages of the press release from Heart of America Northwest.
t.co...
www.hoanw.org...

edit on 12-7-2011 by rbrtj because: added extra link t.co...

edit on 12-7-2011 by rbrtj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
By the way, in Arnie's latest video, he notes a key lesson for the nuke industry should be to get as much spent fuel out of water tanks and into dry casks. Is it just me that finds this highly perplexing? It seems one of those key points that seems on the face of it a total no brainer, even before Fukushima, so why, why, why isn't it done? Arnie also says he assisted the industry with projects to extend their wet storage, it sounded expensive, are dry casks really more so, or is there prospective value for arms/reprocessed fuel providing incentives for companies to (more dangerously) keep it in water tanks?

In either case, the public ought to be globally pressuring the industry to come clean on these issues and present some strong arguments in defence if they intend to continue down that path.

It appears to me at this stage a massive scam.

edit on 12-7-2011 by curioustype because: touchscreen typos - gone

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by zworld

Even if TEPCO admitted that was nitrogen plumbing for the CSFP, odds on certainty they'd claim it was a pre-emptive measure taken in case of further issues, perhaps EQs, that may lead to a need for the nitrogen to be activated in the CSFP in some way...they clearly don't wish to be drawn on the CSFP period. Hopefully that's just because of what a huge elephant large scale wet storage of spent fuel is for the nuke industry, rather than that AND bigger issues in there.

The presence of a secret weapons complex beneath it is not a requirement for my continued concerns about the CSFP, it has enough potential all on it's own, add in 'hot' 'shared' liquid flood water and slurry in sub terrainian service shafts, and all the EQ and tsunami trauma to the building, foundations, primary and secondaryservices, and rather Heath Robinson post event 'solutions' and I think we are right to seek further evidence on it's status details even without any military complex evidence, although I agree you may be right, it may be there too?

3 months to admit meltdowns/meltthroughs, 4 months and soooooo little info on the CSFP, NO [internal*] pictures...come ON. MSM ask some questions why don't you, somebody...can you sense I'm a little obsessed by that one?
edit on 12-7-2011 by curioustype because: * clarification added

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by curioustype

Good question, a quick look around and dug these up... perhaps because we're on the hook for the costs?

Fort Calhoun plant may store spent fuel rods permanently

The $20 million cost of dry cask storage thus far has been paid by the U.S. Department of Energy because of a June 2006 settlement to a lawsuit in which OPPD sued to recover its cost in handling nuclear waste.

Now, the industry was supposed to pay for it by this surcharge...www.house.leg.state.mn.us/hrd/pubs/nucwaste.pdf

The costs for storing and disposing of high-level nuclear waste are paid for by a federal nuclear waste fund. The fund was established in 1983 by the national Nuclear Waste Policy Act, and is financed by a 1/100 of a cent per kilowatt-hour charge on utilities for the electricity generated at their nuclear power plants. Since the fund was established, $17 billion has been collected for future nuclear waste storage.

Since no permanent storage repository is yet authorized, nuclear plants have been running out of spent fuel capacity. It is estimated that by the end of 2006, approximately 60 facilities will have no more storage space in their spent fuel pools.

The limits on how much dry cask storage each nuclear plant can have is determined by the type of NRC operating license. The NRC places an upper limit of fuel assemblies that can be stored on-site for plants with a site-specific license. Plants operating under a general license for dry storage do not have an upper limit for the number of fuel assemblies that can be stored.

The NRC must approve every dry cask container design, and it regulates the testing, manufacture, and maintenance of the casks. Several dry cask storage systems have been approved by the NRC and each system is licensed for 20 years. As of February 2001, 16 nuclear sites in the nation have 230 dry storage casks on the ground.4 In neighboring Wisconsin, Wisconsin’s Public Service Commission had limited the Wisconsin Electric Power Company station at Point Beach to 12 dry casks, but recently approved 24 more.

But it seems that the fund nowhere near covers the cost of dry cask storage, and there may be risks associated with transferring the fuel out of the pools into dry cask.

allthingsnuclear.org... spent-fuel-pools

The NRC did also note that criticality was possible if the racks were knocked over or a spent fuel assembly were to be dropped on top of a full rack if there was a crane malfunction or the like.

Along with all the other issues it has faced so far, VT Yankee has had problems with each of these key systems that the NRC notes as being crucial to safety: Inventory control, The main crane, and the cooling system.

Vt Yankee "lost" a couple hunks of fuel rods that were broken in an earlier accident, and they were storing in a special rack. During an inventory spurred by another plant losing some fuel rods, VT yankee twice bungled their count and on the third time,when they were actually forced to physically check, they found that the fuel was not where they thought it was. They did eventually found it, but it is unclear exactly how long the fuel was missing before they admitted it. If they were to lose a rack again couldn't they accidentally place a spent fuel rod on top of an already full rack, potentially causing criticality?

During dry casking they dropped a 88 ton fully loaded dry- cask when their 100 ton rated crane, which is the crane they use in fuel movement, malfunctioned. What was it again that the NRC said could happen if they drop a fuel assembly on top of a full rack or knock a rack over?

Hmmm, a thought also occurs that once it goes into dry cask then we're not talking about reprocessing, taking it out of the loop for DU weapons.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by qmantoo
Another problem concerns the areas or 'regions' that USGS uses to break up the world and to classify the earthquake events across the globe. These regions describe the area where the earthquake event happens. So, for example when an earthquake event happens near Japan then the region could be one of a number (see below). There are 23 different USGS regions around Japan and if you are analysing the data, then it is likely that you use the descriptions supplied by USGS. Doing it this way, the earthquakes in one area have no obvious connections to the earthquakes in the adjacent areas - even though the events themselves may be just a few hundred metres apart. You do not get the full picture due to earthquake events being split over more than one defined region.

Q, I gave up on USGS because of those reasons. Too hard to spot trends. Recently came across this site for Japan that is very user friendly. I especially like the drop down list and being able to switch between types of map.

mapserver.gis.ttu.edu...

And while checking it I noticed that a 5+ just happened a couple of miles from Fuku1.
edit on 12-7-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by rbrtj
Feel free to view my collection of photos and stuff I have gleaned and pass along to anyone who can help stop the nuclear madness.

Again, thanks for being ahead of the curve!!!

Greetings:

We, too, have been gone for a while and also offer all info freely to "anyone who can help stop the nuclear madness."

Check this out and please add to any/all of these threads and start many more to spread the word.

America's Being Nuked - Can we Together Stop the Madness?

And this:

Will America's Nuclear Power Plants Fail in an 8.0 Earthquake?

And this:

Is This the Beginning of the End of Nuclear Power in the U.S.?

We have been in and out of this monster for some time and are attempting to ensure that another Fuku does not happen in America.

We have posed this question many times before, in many different threads - yet Phage has yet to take the bait.

Is the true Achilles Heel of nuclear power the fact that when the EMP hits later this year we have over a hundred nukes in the United States without cooling power?

Over 100 nukes melting down at the same time!!!

IS THERE A PLAN B FOR THIS?

[color=limegreen]The plain and simple answer is no...

Checkmate.

In Peace, Love & Light

tfw
edit on 12/7/2011 by thorfourwinds because: wanker alert

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Hi all, while looking about for T hawk photos I came across a 1994 report on the floods that occured

Cooper Nuclear Station Missouri River Flood 1994

The following is quote from the cryptome.org...
that raised the hackles on my neck more.

"Subsequent to the reactor shutdown, the licensee noted increased inleakage.
The vital area rooms outside of the radiologically controlled areas were
relatively dry with only a minor amount of water leaking in through the
concrete walls below ground elevation. However, some of the below-grade rooms
inside radiologically controlled areas in the turbine building and the reactor
building, had extensive inleakage. In some cases, the inleakage significantly
challenged the capacity of the floor drains. Examples of this problem were:
(1) a lower hallway in the turbine building where standing water was found and
water was leaking in around safety-related cable trays and (2) the
turbine-driven feedwater pump rooms where water was dripping on control boxes,
and the floor drain system had backed up so that standing water from within
areas known to be radiologically contaminated had migrated out into designated
clean areas. The NRC inspectors observed that plant personnel had not taken
actions to identify the areas where inleakage was occurring and had not
established measures to divert the water away from important components. The
turbine building inleakage was eventually stopped when the licensee pumped out
the underground cable tunnels that encircled the plant. The heavy rains had
flooded the cable tunnels and water was covering the manways and storm drains
at grade level."

cryptome.org...
www.nrc.gov...

edit on 12-7-2011 by rbrtj because: had to add correct name and place practice practice

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Thanks for complliments everyone. It feels good to know it may help.

Wertwog, There have been numerous times when I considered all of this just mental exercise with no real outcome. And the only benefit of this thread is so like minds could feel connected at a time when few around us seem to care. And yes, I agree, that is enough. But at the same time I feel like all of this is part of a bigger play, and the ramifications will one day astound us. The future is probably somewhere in between, but something keeps feeling serendipitous about all of it.

CT, I totally agree. And even if there was an underground complex, the CSFP would still have a certain amount of real SF.

But the bottom line, no matter what, is that they have literally put a media and information blackout on the CSFP, scrubbed it from the net as much as they can, and our now distributing in their media packages new Fuku1 plant diagrams that are actually old ones without the CSFP (or alot of other buildings).

I feel duty bound to understand what this masquerade is all about.

PS. Going through the PF thread is going to take longer than I thought. Those folks churned out data like no one Ive ever seen in the early days.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by thorfourwinds

I wish I could do more.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Request to Shut Earthquake Zone Nuclear Plants

[Federal Register Volume 76, Number 131 (Friday, July 8, 2011)]
[Notices]
[Page 40406]
From the Federal Register Online via the Government Printing Office [www.gpo.gov]
[FR Doc No: 2011-17163]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

NUCLEAR REGULATORY COMMISSION

[NRC-2011-0147]

Receipt of Request for Action

Notice is hereby given that by petition dated March 12, 2011,
Thomas Saporito (petitioner) has requested that the Nuclear Regulatory
Commission (NRC) take action to order shutdown of all ``nuclear power
reactors in the USA [United States of America] which are known to be
located on or near an earthquake fault-line.''
As the basis for this request, the petitioner states that following
an 8.9 magnitude earthquake on March 11, 2011, in Fukushima, Japan, one
or more nuclear power reactors there sustained significant damage which
resulted in the release of radioactive particles into the environment,
and that the Japanese authorities ordered a ``General Emergency
Evacuation,'' but many Japanese citizens were not able to timely leave
the affected area and were subject to radioactive contamination at this
time. The petitioner further stated that many of NRC's licensees
operate nuclear power reactors on or near earthquake fault lines and
could, therefore, be subject to significant earthquake damage and loss-
of-coolant accidents similar to that experienced by those in Japan for
which an on-going state of emergency continued to unfold.
The request is being treated pursuant to Title 10 of the Code of
Federal Regulations Section 2.206 of the Commission's regulations. The
request has been referred to the Director of the Office of Nuclear
Reactor Regulation (NRR). As provided by Section 2.206, appropriate
action will be taken on this petition within a reasonable time. The NRR
Petition Review Board (PRB) held two recorded teleconferences on April
14 and May 25, 2011, with the petitioner, during which the petitioner
supplemented and clarified the petition. The results of those
discussions were considered in the PRB's determination regarding the
petitioner's request for immediate action and in establishing the
schedule for the review of the petition. As a result, the PRB
acknowledged the petitioner's concern about the impact of a Fukushima-
type earthquake and tsunami on U.S. nuclear plants, noting that this
concern is consistent with the NRC's mission of protecting public
health and safety. Currently, the NRC's monitoring of the events that
unfolded at Fukushima has resulted in the Commission establishing a
senior-level task force to conduct a methodical and systematic review
to evaluate currently available technical and operational information
from the Fukushima events. This will allow the NRC to determine whether
it should take certain near-term operational or regulatory actions
potentially affecting all 104 operating reactors in the United States.
In as much as this task force charge encompasses the petitioner's
request, which has been interpreted by the PRB to be a determination if
additional regulatory action is needed to protect public health and
safety in the event of earthquake damage and loss-of-coolant accidents
similar to those experienced by the nuclear power reactors in Japan
resulting in dire consequences, the NRC is accepting the petition in
part, and as described in this paragraph.
A copy of the petition, and the transcripts of the April 14 and May
25, 2011, teleconferences are available for inspection at the
Commission's Public Document Room (PDR), located at One White Flint
North, Public File Area O1 F21, 11555 Rockville Pike (first floor),
Rockville, Maryland. Publicly available documents created or received
at the NRC are accessible electronically through the Agencywide
Documents Access and Management System (ADAMS) in the NRC Library at
www.nrc.gov... Persons who do not have
access to ADAMS or who encounter problems in accessing the documents
located in ADAMS should contact the NRC PDR Reference staff by
telephone at 1-800-397-4209 or 301-415-4737, or by e-mail to
PDR.Resource@nrc.gov.

For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.

Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 28th day of June, 2011.
Eric J. Leeds,
Director, Office of Nuclear Reactor Regulation.
[FR Doc. 2011-17163 Filed 7-7-11; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P

Go man Go

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by thorfourwinds
Is the true Achilles Heel of nuclear power the fact that when the EMP hits later this year we have over a hundred nukes in the United States without cooling power?

Its one of them. But the grid is vulnerable to numerous failure scenarios, both localized and national. The recent documentary on America's infrastructure is an example. And the disaster at Fuku was caused in large part from a landslide that took out a single tower.

But a serious EMP could be a game changer all over the world in the blinking of an eye. The world now functions almost totally on magnetized data. If it gets wiped clean or messed up society as we know it will go from 60 to 0 in one second. Thats definately the wild card. Pray life doesn't play it.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Fukushima and Hanford - Preventing Fukushima from Happening Here in the NW 5-11.ppt

docs.google.com... US>

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
(Japanese) Gov't to set up body to study reactor decommissioning

TOKYO (Kyodo) -- The government asked its nuclear policy commission to set up a body to consider medium- to long-term steps for handling the troubled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant after the current crisis is over, such as how to remove melted fuel and decommission the crippled reactors, a Cabinet minister said Tuesday.

The remarks came as plant operator Tokyo Electric Power Co. is expected to realize the stable cooling of troubled reactors later this month and move toward the next goal of stabilizing them by so-called cold shutdown, although the plant's key water treatment system again saw a leakage problem Tuesday.

In that article there's that same photo of the fire (posted by Purplechive previously) again. They do admit it is from April though.

Japan farms can be made safe for planting, researchers say

Several teams of scientists have been studying the soil and say that most of the fallout is in the top two inches of soil. It has remained there despite rainfall without washing into the groundwater. If it can be scooped up, Tomoko Nakanishi, a plant readiophysiologist at the University of Tokyo, said in a report, the remaining soil appears sound for agricultural use.

So... how come Chernobyl is so contaminated - even now?

Japan Mulls Decade-Long Wait to Extract Reactor Fuel

The Japanese government is weighing a deactivation schedule for the crippled Fukushima Daiichi atomic energy plant that calls for withdrawal of nuclear fuel from reactor pressure vessels beginning in fiscal 2021, Kyodo News reported on Tuesday

...The plant operator has hit additional setbacks in its effort to prevent additional radioactive material releases from the plant, the Asahi Shimbun reported on Tuesday. An effort by the company to remove radiation-tainted debris with robotic equipment failed to reduce radioactivity as expected, and the firm prepared steel shielding to help protect plant personnel.

The firm late last month began inserting nitrogen gas into the facility's No. 2 reactor, but it has yet to start a similar hydrogen explosion prevention operation at the No. 3 reactor. The No. 1 reactor has been receiving nitrogen for roughly three months.

The company has so far failed to deploy a circulation heat removal mechanism at the No. 4 reactor's cooling pond, which holds around 1,500 fuel assemblies. The operator intends to activate such equipment this month for the pool, where the temperature has remained around 85 degrees Celsius despite continued insertion of coolant
(my emphrasis)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I'm Russ Shattles. What is the question?

reply to post by SFA437

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by bmbsqd
I'm Russ Shattles. What is the question?

reply to post by SFA437

Greetings:

Hi, Russ.

Thor here.

We have numerous questions...what is you particular specialty to have you post such an open remark?

How about answering the one we posed above:

What is the plan for preventing over 100 Cherno-fuku's when there is no electrical power for a few weeks, months, years...?

Since we have been lied to from the very first day by the USGOV/EPA regarding radiation poisoning here in America, who do we turn to for honest information?

You?

In Peace, Love & Light

tfw

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by zworld

Great post, thanks.

Looking at the photos, and all the priors, a very simple question suddenly struck me:

WHY IS THE WHOLE AREA STILL TRASHED?

Debris is still where the tsunami left it unless they absolutely HAD to move it for access.

Apparently they aren't even trying to clean up the disorder, something extremely out of character for them.

So far as I can tell, they never even attempted to pick up stuff.

What that tells me is that they admitted to themselves from the beginning that the place was irremediably contaminated and it was pointless to spend efforts in physically cleaning up the debris, since it would have to be abandoned sooner or later, most likely sooner.

Am I misreading the situation? Perhaps I've missed newer photos that show clean lots, lawns, and streets?

Buying time is all they've had on their minds since day one.

Time's running out swiftly.

It's nearly gone now, I think.
edit on 13-7-2011 by apacheman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman

Looking at the photos, and all the priors, a very simple question suddenly struck me:

WHY IS THE WHOLE AREA STILL TRASHED?

Initially they cleared, as you say, for access to sites. Since then though I think they've been practicing triage with emergency after emergency and put clean up at the end of the list. And now i think that it all comes down to a matter of money. Tepco is going broke asap and the banks may not help them, and I my gut feeling tells me that they are getting ready to turn everything over to the Japanese government.

And this raises a serious concern with privatization itself, one that never gets discussed until it is too late. If things go south and the biz fails, all too often, instead of making the owners and shareholders of the company foot the bill for cleanup, the government lap dogs let them off the hook and make us pay for the cleanup. Time and again this has happened, with many sites in the US just added to the EPA's list and forgotten about.

If these corporations were no longer given subsidies and government handouts (corporate welfare, another topic strangely missing from the discussion these days) and were also forced to pay for cleaning up their pollution even in the case of bankruptcy, instead of giving them a get out of jail free card, things would be mucho different.

But as it stands now, governments are playing a game that began a long time ago, reverse Robin Hood, money from the poor to feed the rich. Or as Orwell said, someday two plus two will equal five. In Fukushima's case though the new math goes like this, 3 reactors plus 4 SFPs equals.......what was the question again?

new topics

top topics

<< 971  972  973    975  976  977 >>

join