It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 972.htm
<< 969  970  971    973  974  975 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
2 more EQ 4 pointers
one was in exact sptot as 7.1 earlier
www.iris.edu...

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

yep a 7.0.. this is a new quake, not an after shock, its further south, though along the same fault

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Is it me thinking that Mother Earth is shaking the ground under nuclear plants screaming "Get these bloody things of my land"

edit on 10-7-2011 by sussy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by sussy

That and flooding them out too
Nebraska, Tennessee...

Of course we are told there will not be a problem... only to here that one dumped radioactive waste into the river

Go figure

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I'm more aware of my surroundings these days. I'm watching the birds and trees and their leaf health. I, like most on this planet just switch on a light and think nothing of it. Since being on ATS and this thread I've began to hate Nuclear energy. But what can we all do except from ripping up trees, digging for coal....Wind farms look awful (why couldn't they paint them green at least to blend in) And I know it's not the Japanese peoples fault but I'm beginning to hate Japan too. But then how many Nuclear reactors have had problems this year?
I think this has been the 1 instance I looked up and took notice and woke up.

No more "sleep little Sussy sleep"

edit on 10-7-2011 by sussy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Me thinks the Japanese islands are going down

Id get those people off of there and move them to Dubai or something.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
A friend of mine wrote this article,and it pretty much sums it all up.

Very well written.We need to be more proactive in letting the world know the truth.

The Bear-trap

Fukushima media cover-up in the West and what actually it might cost us

My wife and I live in small town, Ontario, Canada. On March 11th 2011 I was happily working on a portrait of two darling young sisters, when the earth shook in Japan. I put down my brushes, and went to the computer to investigate. I haven’t been back to my portrait, yet. The Jaws of Fukushima had me. The media kept concentrating on the earthquake and Tsunami, saying very little on the condition of their reactors at several nuclear plants. It soon became apparent that the reactor:”Fukushima 1”, was in the most trouble. The 4 explosions at the reactors and spent fuel pools came next, but we have only been shown film of reactors number 1 and number 3 exploding. Film of explosions at reactors number 2 and 4 have never been released to us “the public”. There have been problems with reactors 5 and 6, but the state of danger is unreleased. We stocked up on food, water and other supplies.

www.dianuke.org...
edit on 10-7-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
The little picture....for all us big picture thinkers....

Elderly Fukushima woman kills self 'to evacuate to grave'

Her son and his wife told the Mainichi, "Please tell your readers why she killed herself."

MINAMISOMA, Fukushima -- A 93-year-old woman, dejected over the ongoing nuclear crisis, was found hanged at her home in Minamisoma, Fukushima Prefecture, in late June, leaving behind suicide notes that said in part, "I will evacuate to the grave. I am sorry."

After hydrogen explosions at the Fukushima No. 1 Nuclear Power Plant in March, the woman was forced to evacuate to the house of her second daughter in Soma and was later hospitalized for two weeks before returning May 3 to her house in Minamisoma, subject to a possible emergency evacuation order due to the nuclear disaster.

"If we have to evacuate again, elderly people (like me) will become a drag," her suicide note said.

The elderly woman, whose identity was kept confidential to protect her privacy, lived with her 72-year-old son and his 71-year-old wife and two grandchildren in a quiet rice paddy district. Her son said she kept herself busy with daily chores despite her weak feet and also kept diaries.

The Mainichi Daily News

My heart breaks for this 93-year-old woman and her family. She is one story from this endless disaster and yet she represents the horror being experienced by so many. I hope this family can someday share her diaries. To follow this nuclear disaster, we have had to read deeply and broadly in an attempt to understand and document the big picture. It is the small picture, of one woman's overwhelming suffering, that we need to remind us that our concern for another human being, is the essence and meaning of being human.

the 93-year-old woman was found hanged in the garden on June 22.

Her four suicide notes addressed to her family, ancestors and a close neighborhood friend were later found in the house. "My heart is in my mouth everyday due to news of the nuclear power plant," she wrote to her family.

"Doing things like this (killing myself), I am disgracing my children and grandchildren and relatives, but it cannot be helped in this day and age," said her note to her parents.

I continue to follow this thread and I want to say to all of you contributing and reading and sharing - thank you for doing what this family's final request was for their mother's memory,

"Please tell your readers why she killed herself."

This thread helps explain her why. The research and documentation and stories of what led to her suicide and the death of part of our planet and fellow beings in the days and nights to come, is here.

This is the cost. This one woman's life and those we will also lose in the days, nights and years to come is the true cost. Be reminded all ye mighty and in charge and earning from the nuclear industry - this is the price you demand in exchange for your yen and your dollar and your power.

May she have her peace.

Folks...they have no answer for how to stop this. The words and admission are now in print. Thank you apacheman for bringing this here.

Originally posted by apacheman

The draft roadmap drawn up by the government's Nuclear Safety Commission and Tokyo Electric Power Company says they tentatively set a target date to begin removing fuel rods that melted and fell to the bottom of the reactor.

The work is considered to be the most important phase in the decommissioning process. The roadmap indicates that removal will start in 2021 if technology essential for the work has been developed before that.

www3.nhk.or.jp...

They'll start in 2021 if the tech is developed by then?

Good luck with that...I think we'll need a few breakthroughs in physics and robotics to start with.

Uhhhhh.....question (raises hand)?

Once the tech for removal is developed, what exactly are you going to do with the stuff after you get it out of the building?
edit on 9-7-2011 by apacheman because: I added bolding/italic

K....gang...whatcha got? Ideas....?
Their roadmap leads to a dead end.
The wheel is hands-free...
We're going to need more than diapers to fix this.

Thanks all for the continued updates and input. Many are reading - even if the information leaves us speechless most days.
edit on 10-7-2011 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Wishful thinking...Sunflowers

Cesium. What about the strontium, plutonium and other radioactive isotopes? And Fukushima ain't done spewing crap or leaking crap...

But Sunflower fields are so pretty to behold...and an attempt heal...

Scientists launch 'operation sunflowers' to decontaminate farmland near nuclear plant

The levels of radiation one meter above the ground in the area were rather high, ranging from 7 to 21 microsieverts per hour.

mdn.mainichi.jp...

Growing things does help the spirit and so thankful that plants are resilient to radiation.

- Purple Chive

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by qmantoo
@purplechiive:

The MP 1-7 are Measuring Points which the map shows where these are. I do not think there are 7 reactors at Daini. I can only see 4 on the picture. :-)

Yup - thanks for the correction. Only 4. Hope they behave and TEPCO arduously working on the corrosion problem.

web.nace.org...

Japan doesn't need anymore moles to whack.

- Purple Chive

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by sussy
But what can we all do except from ripping up trees, digging for coal....Wind farms

Sussy, there are answers. We have the knowledge to create a healthy productive society. But it means working under a different paradigm than currently exists, and thats the problem. In the 70s the back to the land movement showed that a family could live with most creature comforts removed from the grid and supplying their own power via sun, water, etc. And recycling their sewage into manure, making for healthy crops. And growing and producing their own food and bypassing the package and shipped stuff as much as possible. And their kids grew up healthy.

Our governments response, as well as industries response, was to make it harder and harder to do this because this kind of lifestyle was not good for economic growth. And little by little the back to the land movement faded away, like so many other great ideas.

There is great hope for change. All it takes is for the leaders of this world to state the obvious, that the current economic system that is dependent upon greater consumption of goods, resource extraction and global trade is killing us all. But since they wont because they are shills for the polluters and rapers of this planet, its up to us. And we can do it. It just takes time to wrest control of the planet from the corporate conspiracy.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DancedWithWolves It is the small picture, of one woman's overwhelming suffering, that we need to remind us that our concern for another human being, is the essence and meaning of being human.

After wiping a tear away and staring at my computer screen lost in emotion, all i can say is thats very powerful. Thank you DWW.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
zworld thanks for your answer. I do grow my own food when the seasons are good and its not grey and raining in England. But lets say radiation after another 5, 10, 15 years of this mess starts to take its toll. Growing food will become a new science. How fast can any civilization produce a new system of fuel, energy in the next 15 yrs. And at what price?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

But lets say radiation after another 5, 10, 15 years of this mess starts to take its toll. Growing food will become a new science. How fast can any civilization produce a new system of fuel, energy in the next 15 yrs. And at what price?

Growing food... hydroponics green house... better control better quality better yield... and climate control so you can grow year round.

A new fuel system? We already have several alternatives... but not the corporate desire to implement them, nor the public outcry to force them to switch. Once the companies start finding out like TEPCO that the end cost is too high... they will reconsider

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
More ideas concerning what happened to the 1&2 side of the switching yard (SY, formerly the MB). As evidence from earlier posts suggests, (as well as a post Im working on and will be up soon) Im pretty convinced that the 1&2 SY blew out from within and was then sucked back. This corresponds with the R3 blast pattern, and suggests connectivity, since both blew at the same time, and only the R3 and 1&2 SY blew out from within. Its a theory anyway.

And taking the theory a step further I previously speculated that to transfer energy from the blasts between the two would take a tunnel or some other structure underground between them. But since then I kept running into a simple theoretical road block. It was the 1&2 side of the SY that blew, (and then only part of it) not the 3&4 side. If the overall theory of an underground complex (UC) is that R2, R3, R4, the CSFP and the SY are connected, wouldnt the connection be to the 3&4 side of the SY, or both.

But the electrical schematic posted earlier (thank you PF thread) offers a possible clue as to why 1&2 blew and not 3&4. In fact it kinda makes sense. Heres the schematic for the SY.

There are two main lines coming into Fukushima 1 for units 1-4. One appears to be a 275 kV supply and the other a dedicated 66 kV supply. Th 66 kV is from Tohoku Electric Power and the line was cut at the switching yard due to cable failures, but was still supplying power to the receiving station in the switching yard.

For the 275 kV supply it appears there were breaker failures at 1&2 SY that took out all offsite power to those two units. This was EQ damage and not tsunami related. However, theoretically they could have tapped into the Tohoku line at the receiving station, since the only damage was to a cable somewhere past this point, and the cable should have been replaceable. Instead they ignored this and trucked in power to 1&2.

Now, the blast damage that happened to 1&2 SY, (as photos both already posted or that soon will be show), only occurred in the back building and the top part of the front building. The bottom front is untouched, just like the 3&4 tower side.

When Fukushima was being designed, if there is an underground structure, it would have been a main focus of the initial design. Its possible that the dedicated line from Tohoku is the feed into the underground complex, and its yard is in the basement of the back building at 1&2 SY. They didn't tap into this line because it was still in use for the UC. (Being in the back building makes sense as they wouldnt want it to stand out. The top part of the front building that also blew is an add on connected to the back building).

This would explain why the back 1&2 SY (old MB), and not the rest of the SY, was in communication with R3, as it might have been the switching yard for the UC.

All just theories, but little by little a picture is starting to come clear to me. More SY and CSFP analysis coming soon.

ON EDIT; Concerning the size of a tunnel needed for the electrical cabling leading into the UC, three phase power lines have to be separated from each other as well as from the ground so a tunnel would have to be pretty wide to keep the lines separated from each other and from ground.
edit on 10-7-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-7-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

But lets say radiation after another 5, 10, 15 years of this mess starts to take its toll. Growing food will become a new science.

As will everything else. But I firmly believe, if left unhindered, the human race has the ability and knowledge to create a new society free from the toxic one we now live in. And Fukushima will probably be localized contamination once it is capped.

There is however the one overriding concern that will forever be a legacy of nuclear stupidity, it keeps on giving long after it has been used as fuel. If at some point EQs and other calamities occur that stop our ability to keep spent fuel cool around the world in thousands of spent fuel pools, then we will probably toast the planet. This was Fritz Schumachers warning, and we didnt listen. And now we are leaving behind our toxic nuclear waste for countless generations to take care. Im sure theyll be very thankful.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Guys n girls, I've come across a new site (well new to me anyway). Haven't seen it linked here so thought I'd put it up. Seems to be exactly what some people have been looking for with regards to reports and pics listed in chronological order, with a bit of paranoia and conspiracy thrown in.

Its not a definitive guide but after a quick skim through theres a lot of info there and gives people a good starting point to get more.

www.radioactive.eu.com...

Anyways, another day, another LEAK. This ones part of the Areva cleaning system which had to be shut down for 12 hours to fix it. One interesting point here is that Mainichi have 2 pics on their article yet Tepco only release one pic on their press release pages. Link

SS

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by StonedSheep
www.radioactive.eu.com...

Good one. thanks, had never seen this site before. This will make going through old data easier.

And concerning Daini, going through old data is proving to be interesting, and has brought up a question. Im sure Im just reading this wrong, but according to the Tepco press releases from april 12th, on March 30th Daini had higher levels of radiation in dust than Daiichi. This can't be right. According to these graphs Daini was running at 1.0E-03 for I-131 (both volatile and particle) and C-134 (particle) while Daiichi was slightly less for I-131 volatile, but much less for I-131 particle and C-134 particle. Below are the two graphs;

Daini 3/30

Daiichi 3/30

If someone can help explain this anomaly I'd really appreciate it. It makes no sense whatsoever to me, but then again, TEPCO in general makes no sense, so maybe this is a mistake.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Radioactive Container Truck Spewing Gamma Rays Into Traffic on I-270 in Saint Louis, Missouri www.abovetopsecret.com...

Who is to say that the Japan problem isn't really the culprit and this news release is a cover story?
An easy way to cover the increase in radiation levels. Just throwing that out there to ponder.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Heres an idea of how big the tunnel running cabling might be;

from www.sjbenergyconnect.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 969  970  971    973  974  975 >>

join