It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 965.htm
<< 962  963  964    966  967  968 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Very early on I and others noted that the buildings seemed to be disintegrating somehow and speculated that it was an effect of extreme radiation.

It would seem we were partially right. From what Silverlok put together about corrosion, it would seem that those buildings are in fact disintegrating from the ractie effects of temperature, salts, water, radiation, and galvanism.

How many more ways can this situation go south?

I gave up any hope of containment, or any remotely partially benign resolution to this long ago. Central
Japan will eventually be abandoned as uninhabitable sometime within the year I think, probably when miscarriages, birth defects, and child mortality rates start climbing to obvious levels, although the radioactive sewage problem may force their hand much sooner.
edit on 29-6-2011 by apacheman because: sp

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Hope I did this right. Arnie on CNN.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
www.neimagazine.com... Some plans for the new closed-loop system.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Still wonder about the venting of the black smoke under the catwalk on the TEPCO webcam.

- Purple Chive

On edit: I've got 55 snapshots - the first one 6/20/11 at 6:32:21 AM TEPCO webcam - sun hitting the area perfectly there are wooden planks under the catwalk - no smoke. Then the ensuing snapshots show the black smoke start to billow out. So if anyone has contacts with Lucas and he can go back to this moment in time...
edit on 29-6-2011 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by qmantoo
This blast came up in various places, giving us the unexplained blast patterns we see in the various buildings.

It explains some of the mysteries. If there was a covert operation under Fuku, it means that the Fuku beast has 11 heads. If true I have a feeling it will be buried with the reactors and we will never know one way or the other. But it fits human nature, to protect ones family, country etc, and in the 70s and 80s it looked like everyone was getting into the nuke act, whether sanctioned or not.

And after going over every photo I believe available, I am amazed at how few photos there are, how few thermals, aerials. Just like with BP and the oil spill, they hand you info and thats the extent of it. Once again, the need for an independent fact finding team with no industry or government connections is overwhelming.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive
Still wonder about the venting of the black smoke under the catwalk on the TEPCO webcam.

- Purple Chive
I wonder if there is corium burning outside of all containment now, and the black smoke is coming from crack in the earth and foundations?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by GhostR1der
I distill water for drinking. Only way to really get non-neutron radiation out and I like it..

And what do you do with the radioactive and toxic waste?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DancedWithWolves
reply to post by NOMOREFEDRESERVE

Have the February/March TEPCO put options been disclosed, along with related industries?

From your source:

Put Option bets on the decline on 911 related Airline and Insurance stocks skyrocked by a whopping 600% just before 911, which means that somebody knew about the attacks before they happened. Who exactly were those somebody’s?

Merrill Lynch and HSBC, Morgan Stanley, Dean Witter, the Bank of America, weapons manufacturer Raytheon, the Lehman Brothers, General Motors, Swiss Re, Munich Re and AXA Re Insurance Company which owns 25% of American Airlines. These Insiders bought Put options through Douche Bank. Dialogue: “whose demanding clients trust Douche Bank to perform. Douche Bank. A passion to Perform”
(Corporate & Investment, Asset Management, Private Wealth Management.)

Fuzzy Comgard, the former executive director of the CIA just happened to be the manager of Douche Bank and so these profiteers from 911 were not Osama Bin Laden or his band of US trained Arabs, they were Blue Chip Israeli, US and British businessmen. Within the first week the 911 producers sucked up 40 billion in box office profits from US taxpayers who were hypnotized, terrorized and traumatized by the infinite reruns.

That I do not know. Maybe someone else on here is knowledgeable in that area and would answer the question. I also would like to know. I'll look into it though.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Originally posted by Purplechive

- Purple Chive
I wonder if there is corium burning outside of all containment now, and the black smoke is coming from crack in the earth and foundations?

This is entirely plausible.

Purplechive, U2U me a way to get those pics you've got and I'll take a look.

I've seen a lot of artifacting in that area you mention that could easily be thought to be smoke, so I'm not certain that's not what you're seeing.

Wish I had been able to view the live cam when you mentioned it, that would certainly have settled it in my mind. Static shots are limited when it comes to analyzing something as ephemeral as smoke.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

I distill water for drinking. Only way to really get non-neutron radiation out and I like it..

Same thing as tepco and every other 'decontamination' area... wash it away with water. Into the sea of municiple wastewater :x Doubt the hazardous materials guys would want to handle it, each time I treated drinking water.

Quite a visible sludge (pre-fukushima) if the distiller is run near dry.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Appreciate the translation and reporting from EX-SKF on this and much more. Don't know how this person ever sleeps, but the effort is appreciated.

More disturbing news of on-going nuclear reaction...well, at least 70 minutes ago based on half-life...

Fukushima I Nuke Plant: Radioactive Tellurium Detected in Seawater at Water Intake

Radioactive tellurium was detected for the first time in the seawater at the water intake canal for the Reactor 1, but TEPCO thinks it's just a mix-up for some unknown reason, according to Yomiuri Shinbun (6/29/2011).

It turns out that tellurium-129m (half-life 34 days) was found near the water intake canal for the Reactor 1,AND tellurium-129 (half-life 70 minutes) was found near the water intake canal for the Reactor 4. Tellurium-129 was also found in deep-sea water 8 kilometers off the coast of Fukushima.

Some kind of a mix-up.

TEPCO dumped 143 pages of "confirmed" data (no English yet) on types of nuclides and density found at and around Fukushima I Nuclear Power Plant in air and water on June 29. The company releases many of the data everyday or at a regular interval but the nuclides announced daily are iodine-131, cesium-134 and -137 only. For other nuclides, after being excoriated by NISA in early days of the crisis, they've stopped releasing the data until "confirmed".

No data on this file on radioactive strontium (89 and 90), which is reported separately. No word ever on plutonium in any water or ocean soil.

edit on 29-6-2011 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Hose leak again halts water unit

Two small leaks forced Tokyo Electric Power Co. on Wednesday to briefly halt its problem-plagued water decontamination system at the Fukushima No. 1 power plant.

Tepco has also made little progress in injecting nitrogen into reactor 3's containment vessel to prevent an explosion.

It began sending nitrogen into the No. 2 unit's containment vessel Tuesday, but a high level of radiation within the No. 3 building is obstructing preparation work needed to send workers in.

Another explosion coming?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Radioactive tellurium was detected for the first time in the seawater at the water intake canal for the Reactor 1, but TEPCO thinks it's just a mix-up for some unknown reason, according to Yomiuri Shinbun (6/29/2011).

It turns out that tellurium-129m (half-life 34 days) was found near the water intake canal for the Reactor 1,AND tellurium-129 (half-life 70 minutes) was found near the water intake canal for the Reactor 4. Tellurium-129 was also found in deep-sea water 8 kilometers off the coast of Fukushima.

Would this happen if a core/rods or something else is in the sea and continuing to react? Was that what the boats were for - to take something out to sea to dump it in the deep-sea area? Maybe it was something that was ejected with the explosion and/or washed away with the tsunami. There are lots of rods lying around the place.

What TEPCO mixing something up?
I thought they were always spot on with their information since the start.

Does this mean that it is acutally something important and they are trying to obscure it?

edit on 30/6/2011 by YarlanZey because: (no reason given)

edit on 30/6/2011 by YarlanZey because: To move my reply out of quote and correct

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Same thing as tepco and every other 'decontamination' area... wash it away with water.

Or fire...

The New Mexico wildfire that has turned America’s heads towards the Los Alamos nuke plant is inching closer and closer to the laboratory, where the Associate Press says it is now a few miles from a dumpsite.

If the fire extends another 3.5 miles, it could overtake an area where 30,000 55-gallon drums of plutonium-contaminated waste are being stored above ground.

A spokesperson for Los Alamos previously denied that the drums existed, but the plant is now backtracking and admitting that the complex’s “Area G” is home to thousands of gallons of dangerous waste.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

"Oh sorry.. we lied... we forgot those were there..."

:shk:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Purplechive

Purple I have seen what I thought was black smoke off & on as well in the same area. I too was thinking on the same lines of underground leaking.
I have been here since the beginning & want to THANK ALL of you dedicated brains for your explanations.
You are so greatly appreciated by many!!

Ektar

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

This was in the Mainichi Daily News, below is the headline and link;

Trace amounts of radioactive materials found in Fukushima kids' urine.

mdn.mainichi.jp...

On another note, wonder if any of those rocket scientists at Tepco did any simulations on what the effects of enclosing unit 1 will do, such as;

1) Temps inside the enclosure
2) Humidity inside the enclosure
3) Radiation levels inside the enclosure
4) Surface condensation of all that humidity
5) Wind tunnel tests
6) Earthquake stress tests
7) Material decay from all that humidity

After all, they do know they are in for at least 10 YEARS of work, right!!

And how many times are they going to put in news releases "attempts to control reactors"?? What reactors?? Maybe they need a Mr. Rogers type to go there and teach them. "Can you say melt thru, boys and girls"??

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Catwalk without Black Smoke

I managed to upload a picture to my ATS photos...how in the hell do I get it posted on this thread?

On Edit: (Thank you DWW!!) For some reason the right lower portion of the pic is cut off and that is the most reveling ..but I've got it open for all to view on my ATS photo page.

Actually after posting you can use the right arrow and get to the portion under the catwalk!! Do this 50 more times and maybe I'll get it figured out! Thanks again DWW!!

- Purple Chive

Fuku Catwalk 6 min later

Fuku Catwalk - 13 min later

- Purple Chive
edit on 30-6-2011 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Unbelievably we need to update this world nuclear incident summary....again. Add Los Alamos (not listed as it is...pending if fire reaches the 20,000 storage drums.)

Originally posted by Seagle

Another nuclear plant put on ALERT.

20.06.2011 USA State of Nebraska Fort Calhoun Nuclear Power Plant Blair Read
10.06.2011 USA State of California San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station Read
06.06.2011 Egypt Capital City Anshas Nuclear Reactor Cairo Read
31.05.2011 Japan Province of Fukushima Fukushima I. (Daiichi) Nuclear Power Plant Read
29.05.2011 Limerick Nuclear Power Plant Limerick Township Read
27.05.2011 Japan Prefecture of Fukushima Fukushima 2 (Daini) Nuclear Power Plant Naraha Read
13.05.2011 Sweden Varberg Municipality Ringhals Nuclear Power Plant Read
05.05.2011 Germany State of Bavaria Gundremmingen Nuclear Power Plant Gundremmingen Read
05.05.2011 RUS Russia [Asia] Siberia Taimyr Nucelar Icebreaker (Kara Sea) Read
04.05.2011 USA State of New York Nine Mile Nuclear Power Plant Oswego Read
03.05.2011 USA State of Mississippi Grand Gulf Nuclear Power Plant Port Gibson Read
02.05.2011 Japan Prefecture of Fukui Tsuruga Nuclear Power Plant Tsuruga Read

And thats just the last month and a half.

The link below allows you to search all nuclear 'incidents' by date range

Search Database Here

New data month of June:

Total number of items: 7
Date/Time GLIDE Code Country State/Country/Province Area County Details
29.06.2011 03:29:53 NC-20110629-31340-GBR United Kingdom Scotland Torness Nuclear Power Station Torness Read
28.06.2011 03:01:34 NC-20110628-31324-USA USA State of New Jersey Salem Nuclear Power Plant
24.06.2011 04:51:10 NC-20110624-31280-JPN Japan Prefecture of Shimane Shimane Nuclear
21.06.2011 10:44:39 NC-20110621-31246-KOR South Korea Region of Yeongnam Kori Nuclear
20.06.2011 08:35:29 NC-20110620-31229-USA USA State of Nebraska Fort Calhoun Nuclear Power
10.06.2011 03:15:56 NC-20110610-31089-USA USA State of California San Onofre Nuclear
06.06.2011 19:05:45 NC-20110606-31035-EGY Egypt Capital City Anshas Nuclear Reactor

edit on 30-6-2011 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Purplechive

Interesting. i always assumed it was just artifacts from a cheap cam, but youre time sequence indeed seems to show otherwise. J&C, any idea after taking a look on a good computer screen (mines not very).

If it is smoke or steam, its one more mystery to add to all the rest. And the list gets longer and longer and longer, kinda like the everready bunny of Fukushima questions. Originally I just assumed that TEPCO wouldnt be so stupid as to put their cam pointing at a serious problem like emissions from underground. But then I remembered who I was talking about.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by zworld

My opinion: They can put a tent over it. They can dump sand onto it.

In time, I think there will be a gaping hole in the ground, the various structures falling into it.

ETA: Okay, I was overdramatic. But I am pretty sure that I saw smoke coming from under that catwalk when purplechives mentioned it quite a while back. That can't be good.

edit on 30-6-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 962  963  964    966  967  968 >>

join