It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 960.htm
<< 957  958  959    961  962  963 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Timing and postioning are things a man MUST cultivate if he wishes female companions after the crows become permanent, it's not fast, per se , it's good timing , that separates , always, the good and the lucky from the dead.

The tunnels idea may be a reality , more so given the Chernobyl connection...but i do not think the debris field brooks other than secondary ( ancillary as it were) debris from the primary location of scatter at three...

the radiation number were considered here a while ago and interestingly not long after wards that area was 'cleaned' and sprayed. Leading to the most probable : core material from three , or pools rods from the same...

Tepco has kept that area off the radar as much as possible but IO believe it is more because of the LETHAL levels of radiations and what they are from , more than their tacit imprecations elsewhere. FOR example WHY DO WE STILL have no footage of #4 popping, or any explanation of what happened... from the cal-tech assement and thermal data it's pretty clear we had a dry pool there, with fires off and on ..why then the dearth of info? and #3 and it's magna thermal stereo camera's that we know had/have data but is still , apparently , playing cards with bigfoot and elvis.

The explosion debris at #3 is still a very, very interesting kettle of radioactive fish ( that the Japanese ministry of agriculture says is safe to eat )...so keep poking

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Found this today.

"Fukushima Nuclear Fuel Leaking Into Groundwater, Tepco Says Barrier Too Expensive, Will Hurt Stock Price"

"Hiroaki Koide, an assistant professor at the Kyoto University says melted fuel from inside the Fukushima nuclear reactor has melted through the containment vessel and is lying on the concrete foundations, sinking into the ground below. Japanese government officials have echoed this statement and have called on TEPCO to build an underground concrete barrier beneath the reactor which would be the only way to stop the molten fuel that is now leaking into the groundwater.

TEPCO so far is refusing to do so because the cost of the project will be over 100 billion yen. TEPCO is debating whether containing the radiation is worth more than its stock price resisting call to build the barrier because agreeing to the plan would make the company appear to have excess liabilities which would in turn cause their stock price to drop.

TEPCO further “claims” that since the groundwater only moves 5 to 10 centimeters a day they have up to a year before the molten nuclear fuel in the groundwater would hit the shore, so there is no need to rush to make a decision on the underground barrier....................................................................................................."

www.myweathertech.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by PresumedInnocent
Sorry but after reading the last few posts, this thread is dead. It was a great thread . Thanks Red Neck, and others.
edit on 23-6-2011 by PresumedInnocent because: ?

Cool we are now officially zombies...see a good brain run an take a bite..it's the new radiation , fukushima, way dontcha know.

(edit)
BKgump

www.ues-egypt.com...
down for the count : bandwidth...hahaa ATS slash-dotted the poor bastard..they should offers some hosting as recompense. But I couldn't dig into that one. Did they have some software for thermal capacities? ....

edit on 25-6-2011 by Silverlok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silverlok
it's the new radiation , fukushima, way dontcha know.

Spiderman says: "if it wasn't for radiation, where would I be?"

And we all know what happens to vegetable crops after a little radiation...

Brussels sprouts.

Potatoes

Tomatoes

(or is that Genetically engineered forget which
)

And mutations give us things like the X-men. Maybe the survivors will be tougher... natural selection and all

Ah well...

So will they ever cap these things? Beginning to look like we are in for the long haul.

Most don't care... apathy. Until it hits home directly. Its sad, but true... you can see by the lack of serious posters and some that even still hide their head in the sand.

Problem with radiation is its long term... and few people in charge today will be in office 20 years from now so it will be Somebody Else's Problem

Somebody Else's Problem (also known as Someone Else's Problem or SEP) is an effect that causes people to ignore matters which are generally important to a group but may not seem specifically important to the individual.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 25-6-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silverlok

Tepco has kept that area off the radar as much as possible but IO believe it is more because of the LETHAL levels of radiations and what they are from, more than their tacit imprecations elsewhere. FOR example WHY DO WE STILL have no footage of #4 popping, or any explanation of what happened... from the cal-tech assement and thermal data it's pretty clear we had a dry pool there, with fires off and on

Which brings me back to the idea of an underground installation with tunnels connecting 2,3 and 4 and the buildings west. The pictures of the 4 SFP dont show enough damage to indicate pool fire or seriously damaged rods. So they came up with 3 pumping hydrogen into 4 as a possible solution. But I would assume the explosion in 3 destroyed any connection withh any tunnel system. But what if the hydrogen in 4 and the sound of the explosion in 2 came from a common source under the plant. Yes I know, pure conspiracy theory, but Im beginning to wonder, was their a fuel refinement operation in progress. Was the early theory that evidence proving this theory went out on the barges and disappeared true. Theres just to much hide and seek going on with data from this whole disaster to be explained by them not wanting to start a panic.

So, its just another theory I once discarded but Im now considering. If I were in the war hawk element in Japan, and people dropped nuclear weapons on me, and then told me not to build any while others stockpiled massive amounts, Id consider it. And for something like that to exist it would have to be under a big plant, like Fukushima. Just saying.

ON EDIT: whoops, forgot that 3 fed 4 through the exhuast stack connection, at least so they say. Did that get destroyed?
edit on 25-6-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

I should add that the reason I began to entertain this theory is because of the CSFP. So much strangeness and secrecy surrounding it, yet there doesnt appear to be any reason for concern, other than the fact that over 6000 spent rods are right next to over 1000 that look like theyre titled and ready to fall. Still, you dont try and erase that data from peoples minds. You just hope its never brought up. Theyre going out of their way to erase it. Way out of their way. Somethins not right.
edit on 25-6-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
TEPCO Unable to Gauge Water Level at (Crippled, Disabled, Paralyzed, Lame, Mangled) Reactor

Crippled, disabled, paralyzed, Lame, Mangled! Git that boy a wheelchair, a motor, a jackhammer and a shotgun!

This site was lost from the get-go and they're still fugging around instead of truly capping the stoopid thing. So sick of it. How long they going to keep jerking us around - they're going for maximum kill - save the dam stock price Scotty! Tell you what you sick SOB's I gotta feeling you might be taking a "HOT" bath real soon 'cause this one ain't under wraps anymore. All scopes on you, can't hide now fuggers, screwed up can't put genie back in, aw too bad, see you now.

On a happy note, coconut rum and coke! mmmmmmmm...
edit on 25-6-2011 by Wertwog because: oh noes!

edit on 25-6-2011 by Wertwog because: oh noes I did it again!

edit on 25-6-2011 by Wertwog because: I just keep doin that!

edit on 25-6-2011 by Wertwog because: sorry, I was trying to plug the leak with my finger...

edit on 25-6-2011 by Wertwog because: but it slipped on something, don't worry the levels are harmless to humans, but not cats. or possums. maybe.

edit on 25-6-2011 by Wertwog because: I lied, I'm sorry, the levels are higher than I said. Yes, I did know all along but I didn't want the cats to panic. or the possums. the lemurs should still be completely fine.

edit on 25-6-2011 by Wertwog because: lemurs might have nothing to fear if they remember to wear their speedos. no I'm not distracting you from anything, there are no humans that will be effected by the slippage and speedos come in a variety of lower torso enhancing complementary colours. Can I interest you in $12?

edit on 25-6-2011 by Wertwog because: I apologize profusely. I'm deeply ashamed. I should have offered you moist towelets also.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by zworld

And now for another possible mystery to add to all the rest. Does anyone know what happened to this building. Or what this building is for. Its the same distance west from 3 as the CSFP is from 4. Its not on any of the plant diagrams. news.lucaswhitefieldhixson.com...

I checked the original site map that I referred to when the CSFP discussion restarted a few pages back. That building is within an area labelled "Extra High Voltage Switching Gear". The building itself is, as you say, not drawn on that map, however...

In the second, in fact I think in both, of those TEPCO radiation maps that you posted, I noticed that the building does appear to be drawn on there, but is labelled in Japanese, which alas means I can take you no further towards identifying the name. Anyone here who can read Japanese labels care to take a look?

Also, in those diagrams I noticed that the building in question has symbols drawn underneath it that are similar to the building in between it and the CSFP, which I beleive is the one housing the termnius of the (four?) inbound electricity feeds for the plant? The symbols look like electrical circuit symbols, but alas my schoolboy physics/electronics lessons are now too far back for me to put my finger on their meaning.

If it is, as I suspect, another part of the high voltage electrical facilities, then that gets me thinking about all kinds of things like, could it have blown it's own fuel source (oil/transformers?) and what may it's loss have meant at the time - do we know when it went bang? Did it bang when 3 went, or did it bang when the tsunami or even the EQ hit? We may even have the answers deep in the thread somewhere?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by curioustype

Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant Reactor Latest News Real-Time Updates;

newsblogged.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
OK guys, I have begun pooring over the information made available by the UK government by
SAGE or "Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies" chaired by Sir John Beddington, this group comprises representatives from numerous bodies and 'independent' advisors, so for example, if we look at the list of attendees 'recorded' as present at the last meeting they had to discuss Fukushima dated April 13th 2011 (which they have documented online here ) we can see that the list was thus:

PRESENT
Professor Sir John Beddington (Government Chief Scientific Adviser and SAGE Chair)

Hillary Walker (Department for Health)
Nick Gent (Health Protection Agency)
Chris Bradley (for David Clary) (Foreign and Commonwealth Office)
David MacKay (Department for Energy and Climate Change)
Julia Longbottom (Foreign and Commonwealth Office)
Mike Griffiths (RIMNET)
Paul Tossell (Food Standards Agency)
Robert Hunter (Civil Aviation Authority)
Janet Dixon (Defra)
Richard Wakeford (University of Manchester)
Rob Hunter (Civil Aviation Authority)
Jill Meara (Health Protection Agency)
Jane Simmonds (Health Protection Agency)
David Griffiths (Environment Agency)

BY TELEPHONE
Anne Glover (CSA for Scotland)
Kevin Hesketh (National Nuclear Laboratories)
Matt Hort (Met Office)
Sue Ion (Independent)
Bill Camplin (Centre for Environment, Fisheries & Aquaculture Science)
Andy Hall (Office of Nuclear Regulation)
Len Creswell (Office of Nuclear Regulation)

SECRETARIAT
Miles Elsden (GO-Science)
Elizabeth Surkovic (GO-Science)
Elizabeth Moore (Cabinet Office)
Chris McFee (GO-Science)
Richard Meadows (GO-Science)

As well as that meeting from the 13th Aporil, you will find minutes/notes from meetings from March 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 21, 23, 28, and April 4th.

I am in the process of analysing these and this report from The Guardian:

UK government's Fukushima crisis plan based on bigger leak than ChernobylExclusive: As Japan's nuclear emergency unfolded, scientists devised a worst case scenario involving issuing iodine pills to Britons
Ian Sample, science correspondent guardian.co.uk, Monday 20 June 2011 20.38 BST

My first scanning of these documents leads me to conclude that there appears to be some confusion and/or a complete lack of reference given to the updates broadcast from Japan/TEPCO within recent weeks of both full meltdowns/meltthroughs having occured, and the increased estimates/revisions of radioactive emissions and therein the source-term and therefore revisions about the comparisons between Fukushima and Chernobyl...

I have to go now, but this seems rather odd, if you read through.

I'll come back later and pull some quotes out to illustrate my point later if I get the time.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
As mostly a reader, I just popped in to say Thanks again for all the hard work going into explaining this disaster, to the rest of us. I've e-mailed politicians, media, and even tried getting in touch with some Native band leaders, up here in Canada. No luck. I prepared a 3 page report, based on your great work here, and handed it out to local radio stations, hospitals, and small local newspapers, as well as regular people. I have no idea if I've done any good, or made a difference. Last week I tried to borrow a dosimeter or Geiger counter, from our military. Restricted. As you heard, Newfoundland farmers were refused radiation testing of the soil. I'm sure they will send samples off to Boston. I just wanted to let the gang here, know, lots of folks are still trying anything, and everything to give people a shake. Gotta try right ?....Meanwhile, I found this bit on temps rising in #2.... www3.nhk.or.jp...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Link to Deconamination/deconstruction of N plants.

I found this while trying to sort an idea or two on ways to clean the contaminated water for cooling re-use.

I think I sorted out why they radiation shot up so fast when they started to filter it though.
Tanks used for storage

If you look at the picture on the above link, you'll see that the tanks are all connected (the ones in the picture anyways,) at the bottoms of the tanks.

This makes all the tanks that are connected like this into 'Communicating Vessels.' en.wikipedia.org...

Which is to say if you let out water in one tank, you draw water from the other tanks as well.

Ok, since the tanks were sitting a 'while' and no water etc was being added, all the heavier materials settled out.

My pet theory on why the radiation level spiked and forced them to stop. It is that when they started the decontamination, they got all the sediment from the first tank and THEN kept pulling in the sediment for the other connected tanks as well. EG The connected and communicating vessels pushed the sediments out and into the first tank in the chain.

Which then made the filters too 'hot.'

I was looking into electro-plating as a possible method of removing the 'hot metals and materials' from the contaminated water. (Which is how I stumbled upon the decontamination materiel up above all this.)

I 'think' it may be possible to draw out some materials from the contaminated water, but I'm not a chemical engineer. I'm putting the idea up and out there as it may spark an idea.

My other idea was to suggest converting the water into hydrogen and oxygen, and using a gas permeable membrane ; pass the o2 & hydrogen out to where it can be safely burned off. (Much like a fuel cell.) Of course over time the conversion chamber would get filled with 'radioactive sludge', which could then be stored away safely. (or reasonably safely anyways....

I am not sure if it'd work, I'm not a chemical engineer, but it's the best I could sort out via brain storming.
M.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by curioustype
do we know when it went bang? Did it bang when 3 went, or did it bang when the tsunami or even the EQ hit?

It was definately a part of 3s explosion as photos a few minutes after the blast show it damaged, but not right before. Im going to try and interpret the wording on the rad map.

I can see the explanation of the big piece of roof hitting it, but that doesnt explain why front and back of this building is wasted, and the tower connected to it, which is closer to the blast, and the transmission building arent. In fact, the tower doesnt seem to show any signs of the blast at all.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Another mystery to add to the equation (circled). On the rad charts for 4/23 and 6/4 at the far right is the building with radiation readings that are twice the radiation from reactor 4's water line surface readings, and four times the airborne radiation from 4's water. This cant be right. On the diagram posted by CT this is listed as the central waste treatment facility. Why would the readings at this building far from the reactors be almost twice as hot surface and 2 to 4 times the airborne readings from the other lines.

4/23

6/4

The CSFP was built in 1997. I suspect that much of the complex at this end is recent build.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Here is a layout of the area around 3 and the mystery building. The arrow shows where it looks like expulsion occurred. To add to the confusion, it appears that this section is connected to 1 and 2, while the tower section that didnt suffer damage is connected to 3. There could of course be other connections not listed.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
From the following is an answer to my question I think concerning the waste facility water being so hot.
www.dae.gov.in...

"TEPCO has provided a plan to NISA for the transfer of highly contaminated water from the basement floor of the turbine building of Unit 2 to the Main Building of the Radioactive Waste Treatment Facilities in order to reduce the risk of this stagnant waste water being discharged to the environment."

And it also shows where the anti-scattering agents were applied after they got done with the CSFP.

"On 17th and 18th April, anti-scattering agent was sprayed over an additional 3100 m2 area near the Centralized Waste Treatment Facility."

Which again raises the question, since TEPCO stated from the beginning that spraying needed to be done in the areas with radioactive debris from the explosions, this area is definately not in the debris fields and yet more concern is shown here and the CSFP than for the debris fields and reactor buildings which have only recently been treated. Dammit, its not making any sense!

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by zworld

snip

Dammit, its not making any sense!

This made no sense from the moment they thought building a nuclear power plant this close to a highly active seismic zone with a demonstrated history of producing megathrust earthquakes and tsunamis to match was a good idea...

I've got to get ready for work, so I don't have a lot of time at the moment. When I get home this evening, I will go over the hi res pics and see if I can find anything more on the areas you're interested in.

I've also been going back to some of the earliest pages in this thread (looking specifically at TheRedneck's posts as well as a couple of others) and will bring forward some of the more interesting bits.

Ciao for now

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jadedANDcynical
I've got to get ready for work, so I don't have a lot of time at the moment. When I get home this evening, I will go over the hi res pics and see if I can find anything more on the areas you're interested in.

I've also been going back to some of the earliest pages in this thread (looking specifically at TheRedneck's posts as well as a couple of others) and will bring forward some of the more interesting bits.

Ciao for now

Cool.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by zworld
Why would the readings at this building far from the reactors be almost twice as hot surface and 2 to 4 times the airborne readings from the other lines.

Leaking pipes? After all they are pumping all that radioactive water into that building... Surely it too has damaged leaking pipes like the rest of the complex
edit on 25-6-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I think the time has come to declare this message topic ATS thread as a message board emergency that needs editing to shorten its sizereply to post by Procharmo

you know its amazing how expansive people can be and not always end up being very infiormative...this isnt a friendly coffee cup chat while you eat some glowing donuts downtown...take your tiny little replies down to personal email level to each other level okay ? not singling any one out so no flaming replies please....you know who you are mates...now about the actual issue :
this is about problems that people can have due to the problem of getting the nuclear energy fuel for electrical power bomb genie back into the fracking bottle again...people ...its just that simple...so while we worry about little house sized meteors wanting to pass close to earth and maybe vaporize the town we live in or melt all the cars to shiny puddles at the traffic jammed highway we are stuck in at 4 pm on a workday, just remember one thing,,,google this search phrase...and sure you can all thank me later or not... : ( no dont thank me )

transmutational increase in wildlife near chernobyl since accident

it comes up as " transmutation increase in wildlife near chernobyl since accident " type of search but between the crazy religious people trying to destroy us in western europe or america just because we exist, or the bible christians telling us our time is just about up anyway, god will return in next " 7 to 10 years" to destroy us for not being space happy [in Love] enough over the great creator ( you guys in 30 yr mortgages that just started are gonna luck out ), well between these 2 groups I guess its something to think of, do we want to save our world or destroy it ? guess in time some of us will actually know or see the answer unfold before our very eyes.

btw : the word is that 15 to 20 years after chernobyl scientists from the USA and Europe were finding wild animal mutations to different species ( slight changes but changes) had occurred in that time, the natural selection process for the same mutational change in nature would have taken 25,000 years...think on that some time...the source for this info was a documentary on american and euro. scientists being allowed to go into the danger or hot zone and film etc...it was on tv long ago...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
TEPCO Ready to Inject Nitrogen Into No. 2 Reactor - Next Up: Sawdust, Peanut Butter

Fukushima Disaster Worker Rest and Recreation Facilities 25 June 2011

Fukushima Disaster Opening Airlock and Exploring Reactor Unit 2 - 20 June 2011

FUKUSHIMA GHOST TOWN - WARNING GRAPHIC

edit on 26-6-2011 by Wertwog because: english is my only language

top topics

<< 957  958  959    961  962  963 >>

join