It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 94.htm
<< 91  92  93    95  96  97 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Just heard that on the Yokosonews - what does Counter Measure Headquarters actually mean??

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
As ussual no English version. Thanks to google translator

translate.google.ru...
Current situation around nuclear disaster -

Incident at nuclear power plants Fukushima-1

Around 9:36 Moscow time on Saturday March 12 at the first power plant Fukushima-1, an explosion occurred parovodorodnoy mix, partially destroyed the structure of the block. Official data on the extent of possible radioactive emissions are currently unavailable.

The second explosion occurred at 05:01 Moscow time on Monday 14 March of the third power plant.
A third explosion occurred at 00:10 Moscow time on Tuesday, March 15, second power plant. The result could be damaged containment vessel (outer solid "cocoon" around the reactor) and a pool-barbater containing cold water in the space below reactor.

At 3:40 Moscow time on Tuesday 15 March at the fourth power unit started the fire, which resulted in a few hours for the next explosion. Thus, all four major power plant site have been disabled.

Tuesday morning the power company spread the message about the level of background radiation at the station 8217 mSv / h (821 700 mR / h), but no details about the parameters of the emission occurred during the explosions. Increasing the radiation background notes on March 15 in the regions south of the station, including in Tokyo.

According to the Japanese government, explosions have occurred have not resulted in the destruction of the reactor vessel. However, the second power damage could get a containment vessel and the pool-barbater.

Prevailing winds in the region continue to blow in the south and east toward the ocean, which virtually eliminates the medium term, potential emissions from entering the territory of Russia. MOE Russian organized monitoring of radiation background in the cities of the Far East and Primorye, air samples are taken every two hours.

Currently, the radiation background in the Far East and Primorye (Russia) is within normal values.

I think the text will be updating from time to time.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by blackcat99

what does Counter Measure Headquarters actually mean??

Ya know, I just heard it too. I'm trying to get Katz to answer via tweet and if he does I'll post it here. I have a feeling it's the new catch phrase for 'Headquarters' over all...

peace

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Ok, Katz answered...

My question: Please, what exactly is this Counter Measure Headquarters???

It’s just a name of the emergency task force set up by TEPCO and Government created for this special event and will disband when the catastrophe is over.

YokosoNews

ALSO:

Reactor #1 and #3 stabilized, #2 it’s too early to say.

#4 is again too early to say but supposedly from hydrogen reaction.

#5 and #6 were already stopped way before the earthquake but they have huge clusters of spent rods that take years to cool and are still radioactive but in these rooms water is supposed to be circulating at all times and the pumps are damaged. It’s too early to say what’s happening with these reactors.

There’s also a report of a 30km no fly zone - can anyone confirm this with links?

peace

edit on 15-3-2011 by silo13 because: update

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Thanks Silo13

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

There’s also a report of a 30km no fly zone - can anyone confirm this with links?

I read about it in local news.
here, for example, translate.google.ru...
You can trust Interfax, I think. They are rather well-known.
edit on 15-3-2011 by AstraCat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Interesting cultural note: The Japanese don't talk about the Emperor even among themselves and for many reason but it's a cultural taboo. Even so the Japanese news came out to report the Emperor is contributing to the catastrophe.

YokosoNews

In my opinion this is a sure indicator of the immense gravity of the situation.

peace

edit on 15-3-2011 by silo13 because: link

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
here's your link for the 30km no fly zone

en.rian.ru...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by AstraCat

no-fly zone set for 30km radius over Fukushima nuke plant

english.kyodonews.jp...

on page two their feed posted from them at 14.46 15th March

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by White Chocolate

Thank you for the link - I passed it on to YokosoNews

The Japanese Transport Ministry declared a no-fly zone within the range of 30 km from the blast-hit Fukushima 1 Nuclear Power Plant, the Kyodo news agency said on Tuesday.

The ban does not include planes and helicopters involved in rescue efforts and delivering aid to quake-hit areas.

Fears of a large-scale nuclear disaster remain high in Japan as the country continues relief operations following a devastating earthquake and tsunami that have killed nearly 6,000 people and left thousands missing.

Cooling systems of the Fukushima plant failed following the earthquake, resulting in blasts in units one and three on Monday. Early on Tuesday, the 4th reactor was hit by a blast, which resulted in leak of radioactive isotopes.

Reuters said, citing the International Atomic Energy Agency, that a spent fuel storage pond was on fire and radiation leaked "directly" into the atmosphere. Dose rates of up to 400 millisievert per hour have been recorded in the area.
source

peace

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I just took a look at some of the other threads here on ATS about this nuclear disaster. I hope not to "curse" this thread, but compared to the other threads which have fallen into the ususal ranting, bickering, arguing, and ego-mania, THIS THREAD is BY FAR the most reasonable and it is a credit to the entire site. A lot of great info here, without the digressions into opinions and fear-mongering.

Let's keep it our secret....SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHH!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
#5 and #6 reactors started to heat-up...

translate.google.ru...

NTERFAX.RU - A fire in the storage of nuclear waste at nuclear power plant emergency, "Fukushima-1 in Japan extinguished,

translate.google.ru...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Unless I some how missed a previous update, this is within the past 30 minutes, I believe:

URGENT: Fukushima's spent nuke fuel pool may be boiling, reducing water level

TOKYO, March 15, Kyodo

Water in a pool storing spent nuclear fuel at the No. 4 reactor that caught fire Tuesday morning at the quake-hit Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant may be boiling, causing the water level to drop, an official of Tokyo Electric Power Co. said.

The reactor was not in service when a magnitude 9.0 earthquake jolted Fukushima Prefecture and other areas in northeastern Japan on Friday, the official in charge of the facility said.

==Kyodo

Source: english.kyodonews.jp...

If the pump is damaged and inoperable, as I believe was indicated in an earlier post, I don't see how they could pump more water to the pool on the roof. It just keeps getting worse and worse for them.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

If the pump is damaged and inoperable, as I believe was indicated in an earlier post, I don't see how they could pump more water to the pool on the roof.

I hear from YokosoNews they're using fire trucks? Have not seen them though... ???

peace

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
www3.nhk.or.jp...
Edano: radiation high enough to affect health

Edano told reporters on Tuesday morning that 400 millisieverts of radiation per hour had been detected around the plant's No.3 reactor building at 10:22 AM.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Interesting video but the news is old... It's interesting to post only so we see how things have changed, and so quickly.

peace
edit on 15-3-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
hi folks,
just back after a night sleep,

i know people are bussy and prob wont reply but il chance it anyway,

what are the updates from last 5-7 hours??

turned on tv and herd another explosion??
any meltdown?
saw a thread about a ppor fellow from toxyo, he in school and radiation have reached x-ray levels per day??

its a lot of pages to go back over so only want just a quick update with events that happened,

thank you!

by the way il be back with updates from news site when i have them set up

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by scoobyrob

Welcome back Scooby - Check out the last couple pages.
Also, a great link here for keep an eye out.

USTWRAP

peace

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

thank you silo!!

il start keeping an eye out on any update's so from here on,

just have to make a nice cup of coffee first

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by scoobyrob

Morning just released 10 mins ago KYODO:

Status of quake-stricken reactors at Fukushima nuclear power plant

TOKYO, March 15, Kyodo

The following is the known status as of Tuesday evening for each of the six reactors at the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant in Fukushima Prefecture, crippled by Friday's magnitude 9.0 earthquake and ensuing tsunami.

-- Reactor No. 1 - Cooling failure, partial melting of core, hydrogen explosion, seawater pumped in.

-- Reactor No. 2 - Cooling failure, seawater pumped in, fuel rods fully exposed temporarily, partial melting of core, damage to containment system.

-- Reactor No. 3 - Cooling failure, partial melting of core, seawater pumped in, hydrogen explosion.

-- Reactor No. 4 - Under maintenance when quake struck, fire caused by hydrogen explosion at pool holding spent fuel rods, pool water levels feared receding.

-- Reactor No. 5 - Under maintenance when quake struck.

-- Reactor No. 6 - Under maintenance when quake struck.

==Kyodo

KYODO

The radiation leak seems to have come from a fire in the spent fuel stored close to the core.

Reports are still unconfirmed that there is "damage to the containment floor"

Still changing quickly and unfolding.

Elf

top topics

<< 91  92  93    95  96  97 >>

join