It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 935.htm
<< 932  933  934    936  937  938 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by LilFox

What worries me mostly is the plutonium release and alpha particles in food, maybe the radiation limits for xrays and other intentional exposures should be revised since we now have a higher background exposure.

EXACTLY, they love to tell us how bathing in the radiation from Fukushima (or for that matter anything) is much safer than it may appear (especially we now have some lovely new upgraded exposure level regulations in place from Japan to USA to Europe), but don't like (perhaps their just too d*"ned excited about the upgraded safe food/environmental exposure levels) to get into the full details in the same article/interview what hazards are present from airbourne/waterbourne/ingestion/alpha emitters etc. or what we're actually being exposed to in that regard.

Only a few people like Arnie Gundersen appear able to discuss all those things in the MSM, and their voices are simply being shouted down by the pro-nuclear hordes.

[I mean, if your neighbour began burning bonfires every day, and you asked a scientist to evaluate the risks that may cause to your health, and they told you it could be a risk if you were out all day in it but if you shower daily you'll be fine, especially given their shiny new upgraded safety levels based on new research about smoke/skin cancer that your neigbour just payed for, and then you found out that they 'forgot' to discuss what effects it may have on your lungs if you were breathing it in all day, I guess you'd be pretty p$£$"d?

Yet that seems to be pretty much what the MSM and multiple governments hav been doing here.*]
edit on 12-6-2011 by curioustype because: Added extra rant for increased value

edit on 12-6-2011 by curioustype because: server error on edit entry

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

A Cornucopia of NRC Manuals...

If you want all the BWR/4 Technology Advanced Manuals:

# ML023010253 - Part 1 of 7 - GE BWR/4 Advanced Course R-504B. (163 page(s), 9/19/2002)
# ML023010480 - Part 2 of 7 - GE BWR/4 Advanced Course R-504B. (155 page(s), 9/19/2002)
# ML023010537 - Part 3 of 7 - GE BWR/4 Advanced Course R-504B. (129 page(s), 9/19/2002)
# ML023010575 - Part 4 of 7 - GE BWR/4 Advanced Course R-504B. (114 page(s), 9/19/2002)
# ML023010597 - Part 5 of 7 - GE BWR/4 Advanced Course R-504B. (120 page(s), 9/19/2002)
# ML023010606 - Part 6 of 7 - GE BWR/4 Advanced Course R-504B. (92 page(s), 9/19/2002)
# ML023010619 - Part 7 of 7 - GE BWR/4 Advanced Course R-504B. (87 page(s), 9/19/2002)

And then this NRC website - a bunch of stuff:
pbadupws.nrc.gov...

- Purple Chive
edit on 12-6-2011 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Wow...a way around NRC "Forbidden"...

Go to Google Search and type (but take out the space between the "t's" in http://)

site:ht tp://pbadupws.nrc.gov/ Fukushima

Oh my...

- Purple Chive

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

Wow...a way around NRC "Forbidden"...

Go to Google search type (w/o quotes):

"site:pbadupws.nrc.gov... Fukushima"

Oh my...

- Purple Chive

That link gave a 404 error/not allowed access...

Wat were you saying "Oh My" about?

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by curioustype

Go to Google Search and type (but take out the space between the "t's" in http://)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Dang...a lot of letters to the NRC Privacy Act Officer...

pbadupws.nrc.gov...

pbadupws.nrc.gov...

I need help here digging through all of this!!!

Go to Google Search and type in (without the space in "http")

Thanks!!
- Purple Chive

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

This is entertaining! Transcript of 4/7/11 NRC Meeting

pbadupws.nrc.gov...

- Purple Chive

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

September 1985 Study of Fukushima Containment Building for Tests and Earthquakes

They were concerned a long time ago...

pbadupws.nrc.gov...

- Purple Chive

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

February 2009: 581 Kilograms of Uranium-235 reload fuel Fukushima...

pbadupws.nrc.gov...

- Purple Chive

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Only $1,900 to get a License to Export Enriched Uranium!!

And you can pay by credit card!! What a deal!!

pbadupws.nrc.gov...

- Purple Chive

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Why is the amount of Uranium-235 shipment to Fukushima blacked out?

pbadupws.nrc.gov...

- Purple Chive

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by LilFox

Thank you very much for your updates, I find them very intriguing, especially how the falloff takes longer each time. I wonder with a very high end set of various meters, what results would be given if one took it throughout the world. Measurements of particle rates in air and also neutron radiation and other types. Lets face it, we won't get the truth from almost any corporation, especially those referred to as governments.

I am down the road a little in New Zealand and I'm certain we are getting some radiation as well. I have noticed much more black dead spots on leaves where there normally was very few. I check my fruit plants for pests most days, so usually notice damage early on, however I could just be noticing them more and it may be seasonal.

I always wondered how long radiation would take to arrive. Just over a week and a half after the disaster started, I travelled to the pristine western coast for a tramping daytrip. The birds there were silent. The bush was silent. I have never heard the bush that silent in my life, I lived amongst it for 13 years - you always hear something!
I have a deep down feeling inside that it was to do with the initial, larger releases of radiation, or perhaps the forces involved with the quake. My dog acted like a sack of s*^t just prior to haiti earthquake, I have no doubt they can detect some things better than we can. We use bomb sniffing dogs as they are still superior to the best man can make.

Interestingly, the ITCZ or inter-tropical convergence zone did not stop as much airflow as anticipated. It reflects cyclones for goodness sake! I figured we'd be sitting happy here in New Zealand for a few months initially. Now we are without a doubt (regardless of earlier observations) getting it, as the trade winds have shifted with the annual movement of the ITCZ. The contaminated sea water will be flowing at great depths below the bottom of New Zealand and into the Atlantic, where it will rise to the surface eventually, then flow past NZ back around towards Japan.. So we get our bottom feeders contaminated first, then our surface filterers, plants and fish. I effectvely gave up on fish 2 months ago. Some small amounts of extremely fine radiation will likely be deposited through sea evaporation and fluvial processes as well as what comes through the air too. Nom nom nom!

We're pretty well stitched up this time around, thanks to the complex cycles of nature, plus our gung ho attitude - with things we can't control.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Greetings:

... who can say that and keep a straight face?

19 May 2011
At this time, there is no public health threat in the U.S. related to radiation exposure. FDA, together with other agencies, is carefully monitoring any possibility for distribution of radiation to the United States.

At this time, theoretical models do not indicate that significant amounts of radiation will reach the U.S. coast or affect U.S. fishing waters.
source

Perhaps this will interest you also:

23 April 2011
Japan Nuclear Iodine Radiation In San Francisco Milk Over 2600% Above EPA Drinking Water Limit
source

10 May 2011
Hawaii Farmers Treating Milk With Boron After Finding Radiation 2400 Times Above Safe Levels

source

This was around the same time that the EPA stopped Fukushima nuclear radiation tests on milk, drinking water and rainwater saying the levels of radiation were constantly dropping and posed no health risks.

EPA officials, however, [color=limegreen]refused to answer questions or make staff members available to explain the exact location and number of monitors, or the levels of radiation, if any, being recorded at existing monitors in California.

Margot Perez-Sullivan, a spokeswoman at the EPA’s regional headquarters in San Francisco, said the agency’s written statement would stand on its own.

IMHO, these people theoretically work for we, the people, and this type of behavior should not be tolerated!

Where are those people that actually are aware (and care)?

From the lackluster response to many threads dealing with this subject, one might surmise that there are not enough of us - or that we are not connecting in a collective voice to shout from the rooftops:

America's Being Nuked - Can we Together Stop the Madness?

In the unlikely scenario that pollutants could affect fish that have traveled to the U.S., FDA will work with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) to test seafood caught in those areas. Together, FDA and NOAA will also inspect facilities that process and sell seafood from those areas.

The FDA has claimed that there is no need to test Pacific fish for Japan nuclear radiation reports the Anchorage Daily News but when drilled on details by the reporter, the FDA [color=limegreen]refused to answer questions and gave the reporter the run-around.

The FDA says there will be no testing of fish until NOAA testing finds cause for alarm but NOAA [color=limegreen]refuses to answer questions on what kind of monitoring has been done.
source

25 April 2011
New EPA Radiation Tests Show Cesium in California Rainwater at Highest Level Since Crisis Began
source

3 May 2011
Hot Radioactive Particles in Seattle at 50% of Levels Seen in Tokyo
source

OK... 50% of what? Are we, the people, to be the least bit alarmed? Do the EPA and FDA have the best interests of the American people at the forefront of decision-making? Are we really screwed? Does anyone read this? Does anyone care?

Interesting. As we write this, David Morrison (NASA mouthpiece) is in the History Channel talking about ELE's - specifically doomsday asteroids (1,100 1 kilometer or larger). 6,000 to one odds. (More on this buffoon in Cometgate2).

Space Guard Survey promoted heavily as a "... not to worry, feel good" piece. (Bangs head on desk and reaches for Vice-Grips).

But we digress. Meanwhile, back at the ranch:

3 April 2011
140,000 Times More Iodine-131 Released at Fukushima Than Three Mile Island… Using March 22 Estimates
source

3 May 2011
Radiation In US Food Will Be Nationwide Problem, Not Just Regional, From Fukushima Nuclear Radioactive Fallout
source

3 June 2011
5.77 microsieverts per hour of radiation measured near Tokyo at ground level — Government “is desperately trying to keep it quiet...”
source

And from our friend Alexander Higgins:

U.S. Radiation Map

Updated With Real Time EPA RadNet Japan Nuclear Radiation Monitoring For Every Major City In America On A Single Page

In Peace, Love & Light

tfw

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Purplechive

Hi PC, I managed to get to where you were looking in google, OK.

This transcript was posted by me some time ago, and I did spend quite a bit of time going through as many of these documents and pages as possible back then (maybe a month or so ago?). I found nothing that has not been apparently cleared for public exposure/publication, but, as per the transcript, I found a few things that I guess they wouldn't be pushing through their PR teams to get on the evening news!

Of course, it's a good idea for someone here to go back in there every now and then and look at what's going on. As you have found, there are some interesting notes on citizens requests for information, usually for ongoing campaigns to chase up specific power stations about safety concerns.

Today, I found this, and I have to say, this Dick Griest chap would appear to be very much a kindred spirit with us (he may even be one of us?), anyway, hats off to him, he's all over them with queries over Brown's Ferry and possible safety concerns for the Tennessee river post Fukushima...very much worth a read:

link to source
edit on 12-6-2011 by curioustype because: changed link to article second time as initial x 2 attempts failed using a google 'quick view' item, changed to actual page/pdf

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Thanks Curious. From my prior posts today...well obviously this stuff is new information for me and didn't realize the huge connections AREVA has in the nuclear industry and now their announcement of a major cancer treatment...

May 31, 2011 AREVA launches the construction of a laboratory to produce medical quality Lead-212 at the Bessines-sur-Gartempe site in the Limousin (France). AREVA Med, an AREVA subsidiary bringing the project within the group, thus enters a key phase towards the industrial production of Lead-212, an isotope used in the development of promising treatments against cancer. The laboratory, the only one of its kind in the world, will begin production in 2013. It will be named after Professor Maurice Tubiana, a member of the Academy of Science whose work on cancer is a worldwide reference. Anne Lauvergeon, AREVA CEO, stated that "Constructing the Maurice Tubiana laboratory reflects AREVA’s determination to make innovative therapies for the treatment of cancers available as soon as possible to both doctors and patients. The therapeutic potential of Lead-212 extracted from spent nuclear fuel was discovered by our employees, which generates pride within the group." The official launch of the construction of the new laboratory follows on the authorization granted to AREVA Med by the American authorities in January 2011 to begin the first clinical trials of a new treatment with Lead-212. Innovation in nuclear medicine is related mainly to the availability of medical quality isotopes. With the Maurice Tubiana laboratory, the production of the rare Lead-212 isotope should make it possible to treat the most aggressive forms of cancer.

us.areva.com...

(I hope I'm doing this correctly...I got in trouble with the moderator the other day...and I'm trying to adhere to all the rules - gotta just figure out all the gadgets when you post stuff...)

Anyhow...AREVA looks like they are positioning themselves to profit from all the cancers the nuclear industry they are involved in is causing.

Just really interesting....

- Purple Chive

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I stumbled on this collection of old Pathe news films recently, and I was moved in particular by this footage from 1947:

1,000 DIE IN JAP EARTHQUAKE (aka THOUSANDS DIE IN JAP EARTHQUAKE)

Japanese Earthquake

Thought to be Selected Originals from late 1940s material.

An undersea earthquake which caused a ten foot high tidal wave causes widespread devastation in Japan.

LS view of the destruction showing flooded areas. VS of damage and ruins. MS people sitting by fire amidst ruins. LS wrecked houses, showing a string of washing on a line. LS & MS A line of young boys carrying spades march to help with rescue work. MS a woman runs along, carrying a baby on her back. MS A family push a cart full of goods back to their home. MS Two men walking down a street, littered with wreckage, carrying baskets of goods, slung yoke fashion over their shoulders.

Such eerily familiar scenes, although it was apparently a far smaller wave, a 'tidal wave' on a smaller scale.
But then, eventually, the affected people rebuilt, they recovered, they returned, and they would now, except there is ONE striking difference, the nuclear industry has arrived and in the wake of it's inclusion in the 2011 EQ/Tsunami, it has left it's own indelible and domineering stain on the land, air and seas, this time the horror is [also nuclear and ongoing*].

This is my message to the nuclear industry, you are no longer considered a helpful influence on mankind, you have become an unwelcome burden and an active hinderance to our ability to recover from the ongoing tests that mother nature is sure to continue throwing at us.
edit on 12-6-2011 by curioustype because: *removed initial "open book" phrase, not accurate or succinct enough and may have been misunderstood

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

Ohh.. I never thought of that.. Would you say the spots on the leaves are from hot particles or some kind of burn?

Thank you for your feedback, I wish I had a geiger counter with a log. I have had to change the alarm to go off at .50 microsieverts so I get sleep.. It still goes off at over 1.8 a few times an hour.

Guess its time to change my diet, might start a hydroponic setup and produce my own food.. Nowhere's safe.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Purplechive

Anyhow...AREVA looks like they are positioning themselves to profit from all the cancers the nuclear industry they are involved in is causing.

Hmmmm, nice? I sometimes wonder whether I missed the part at school where it became a good thing to be a devious-double-crossing-lying-treacherous-self-centered-arrogant-merciless-destructive-money-chasing-two-faced-scheming-crook? Only it seems it's quite good for your career these days?

Thanks PurpleChive, keep up the good work.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by thorfourwinds

Thanks, lots of info there. I have to say, looking at this and what PurpleChive has dug through at the NRC site today, although I wouldn't envy any of the USAs nuclear safety issues that I have learnt of via this thread, with both Fukushima and the indirect revelations about domestic sites, I am actually getting a little envious of at least the amount of info available for/from the USA, as opposed to the UK.

The initial change of tack (c%^k-ups) by the EPA and other data have at least left something to analyse, whereas in the UK gov sources have been pretty consistent from day 1 - on say air readings (please feel free to correct me). Also, I haven't come across many people talking of independent radiation measurements, as has been the case from the USA on numerous posts, blogs, you-tube vid's...

I haven't dug re: UK/Europe for a little while, and will try again when I get some time, but if there's anyone else from the other side of the pond lurking please feel free to further the northern hemisphere data on here!
edit on 12-6-2011 by curioustype because: typo

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
i know its not about japan , but i wasn't were to put it it didn't find a reference to it on ATS.

Egyptian reactor leaked radioactive liquid ten cubic meters of radioactive water for the second time in a year

www.youtube.com...

i know its no as bit as other icidents but its a related topic.

top topics

<< 932  933  934    936  937  938 >>

join