It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 934.htm
<< 931  932  933    935  936  937 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by matadoor

Until you provide some DATA and FACTS about your creds that involve more than a transport license anything you say is just so much hot air. Links to vendors? Come on man. A news article that says nothing about you? Are you kidding? Are you really as or more qualified than SFA? Why not stop being a p*ssy and answer the dam questions. What you got to loose?
edit on 11-6-2011 by Wertwog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by zworld
The gamma pictures of 3 and the other pictures of 4 TEPCO released today and shown above are puzzling. The photos from the first floor of unit 3 are shooting towards reactor.
A map of the shooting for 3; www.tepco.co.jp...
The Reactor 3 pics;
#1) www.tepco.co.jp...
#2) www.tepco.co.jp...
Building 4 pics;
www.tepco.co.jp...
www.tepco.co.jp...

IMO I'd have to say that the lack of debris on the ground floor of 3 and the low radiation numbers, and the extent of debris in the SFP leads me to believe that the blast may have been mainly from the SFP. I need to go back in other forums and find the blueprint of building 3 (or was that 4) that was leaked about a month ago to confirm what is overhead from these positions that the photos were taken from, and whether or not blowing the cap, or a piece of it, which seems more likely to me, and subsequent blast would have showered debris into these areas.

One thing that supports the rednecks theory of corium already having eaten its way through and hitting water and exploding is the fact that the pressure readings inside the reactor plummeted sometime before the explosion, suggesting complete breach. But then I question the pressure sensors surviving the intense radiation and heat that would have been released around that time. I believe I read somewhere that the pressure sensors were more likely to fail than the temps. So still not sure.

Really, the SFP in 3 huh? Yep, completely agree!!!

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertwog

Until you provide some DATA and FACTS about your creds that involve more than a transport license anything you say is just so much hot air. Links to vendors? Come on man. A news article that says nothing about you? Are you kidding? Are you really as or more qualified than SFA? Why not stop being a p*ssy and answer the dam questions. What you got to loose?

I don't need to supply crap, and stop calling me names a$$. You want my BATF agents? I don't think so.

My explanation on the Reactor 3 is already being proven, I'll let this (when it finally comes out) show you that I know what the hell I'm talking about.

Again, I'm no longer commenting to you, this is it.

Edit - I never posted a transport license. That's DOT. I won't be posting my DOT license, thank you very much. I posted my TYPE 33 HIGH EXPLOSIVES license.

See, if you knew anything about the industry, you wouldn't make silly childlike mistakes like that.
edit on 11-6-2011 by matadoor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Oh, one more item. When used as an Expert Witness in Federal Court, what happens in the courtroom, stays in the courtroom, or the Expert Witness also then goes to jail.

I posted that link, because that happens to be one case that I can actually talk about.

If you had ever been considered an Expert Witness, you would know the rules.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by matadoor

--

Again, I'm no longer commenting to you, this is it.
---

Good 'cause I'm sick of your BS. I don't know anything about the explosives industry, never claimed to, that's what real experts are for. You know, the kind you AREN'T.

I just love Moshpet's reaction to this cause you said a lot of the same old stuff on that thread too: www.abovetopsecret.com... Hey man, if you answer SFA's questions (correctly) I'll be the first to apologize.

Experts disagree all the time and I'm sure Silver, SFA and you (if you are in that category), but you seem to have turned this into some sort of pissing contest when we are honesty just trying to get to the truth and if you disagree with them why not give us something other than "this is so because I said so". Just because you think something doesn't make it a fact... who do you think you are .. God? Are you some sort of omnipent being who can think thoughts and have them fall as facts, like raindrops, for the moistening of our parched and feeble minds?

Not only that you're rude, arrogant and offensive. You blow off SFA as if he's beneath your notice and to me that just shows me you don't know squat. Even if you are an "expert" I wouldn't trust you to blow up a gopher hole on my granddaddy's farm.
edit on 11-6-2011 by Wertwog because: Laugh while you can MONKEY BOY!

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

"HAPPY THOUGHTS!!!"

Looks like we all need to stop fretting and we won't be the least bit affected from radiation!!

enenews.com...

- Purple Chive
edit on 11-6-2011 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
It seems lately every time I come to this thread
to read I run into bickering on the last so many
postings. Let's be civil please, this is an important
issue.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

I agree with Crazydaisy!!! When you are fighting, fussing and fretting you can't think "HAPPY THOUGHTS" and the radiation boogie man is gonna come and get you!!!

enenews.com...

- Purple Chive
edit on 11-6-2011 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive
reply to post by crazydaisy

I agree with Crazydaisy!!! When you are fussing and fretting you can't think "HAPPY THOUGHTS" and the radiation boogie man is gonna come and get you!!!

- Purple Chive

Good grief. In the immortal words of Arnie S....

[sorry mods, delete if you like, need to lighten up the mood
]

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Oh, one more item. When used as an Expert Witness in Federal Court, what happens in the courtroom, stays in the courtroom, or the Expert Witness also then goes to jail.

You're confusing sealed Grand Jury testimony with the actual trial. If what you say was true then the guys who run the Investigation Discovery channel would all be in PRISON (jail is county- not state or Federal BTW).

Also a citation number would allow anyone to run a docket search where every single case that has been tried before a Federal Judge or Magistrate in the country is archived. EVERY SINGLE CASE.

I was also pulled into this investigation by BATF (that I can openly speak about):

And my DD214 is classified in the interests of national security so I can't prove I'm a super duper secret squirrel SEAL ninja-fied dealer of death and if I told you I'd have to kill you.... but trust me...

Oh yeah for those who don't know a Type 33 license is given to anyone with a need to use high explosives and 100 bucks in their pocket (other than those convicted of misdemeanor domestic violence or any felony). It's essentially the explosive based equivalent to a BATFE Class III NFA license.

If you had ever been considered an Expert Witness, you would know the rules.

See, if you knew anything about the industry, you wouldn't make silly childlike mistakes like that.

If you had ever been in a courtroom you'd have known the difference between jail and prison and that a case citation does not provide transcripts but refers to a notation in LexisNexis as well as a Federal docket register.

See, if you ever were really in a courtroom you wouldn't make silly childlike mistakes like that.

Actually why not toss out the case citation for the one you are "allowed" to talk about.... I still have all of mine. Just sayin.....

Sorry for the derail guys & girls. Walter Mitty types just put a burr under my saddle. I'm done on this topic

edit on 11-6-2011 by SFA437 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-6-2011 by SFA437 because: All edits for formatting / multiquote issues.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
To put this to rest:

In the photo posted by matadoor as proof that the SFR pool went high order the pool is on the left of the building with #2 to it's left and #4 to the right.

In the video of the explosion here which Arnie referred to as the SFR pool- the explosive event is on the right side

Not only is matadoor disagreeing with the majority of the posters on this thread he places the SFR pool on the opposite side of the reactor building from where Arnie places it

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
So it seems we still have need for a "Don't feed the trolls" icon.

Man, that the agitators are still active here speaks volumes to me on how much impact this hidden thread still has.

More ripples:

Streets in parts of Tokyo were completely jammed with thousands of chanting protesters, paralyzing sections of the city. Some marchers called for the country's nuclear plants to be shut down immediately and for stricter radiation tests by the government.

I remember a while back when this was mentioned it was said that each successive protest has drawn more and more people to itself. The protests that took place prior to this event (the nuclear disaster) were stretching to pull in a hundred people and now they show by the thousands.

"Since the earthquake, I've realized that nuclear power is just too dangerous for use," said Takeshi Terada, 32, a shipping worker who marched with 10 friends in Tokyo.

The people are beginning to wake up and Gulliver can cause a lot of damage once those hundreds of threads are cut.

Radiation fears have forced more than 80,000 people to evacuate from their homes around the plant.

This number, while large, should probably be twice or three times the amount indicated in the article.

In Tokyo, protesters carried colorful banners and banged drums as they walked in orderly rows past the Economy Ministry and the head offices of Tokyo Electric Power Co., which operates the Fukushima plant. Entire families marched, their toddlers and even dogs wearing clothing with anti-nuclear slogans.

"I'm worried about the children. It's not just in Fukushima, there are radiation problems even here in Tokyo," said Mika Obuchi, 45, who marched with her husband and 9-year-old daughter.

Source

As word of mouth increases it will become readily apparent that Tepco and the Japanese government Have colluded and conspired to keep the people ignorant of the very real danger that is faced. Saving face will mean less and less to the Japanese when it is learned just how little honor their so-called leaders truly possess. Face without honor is meaningless.

The honorable thing to do would have beento admit that a problem greater than humanity has EVER faced was at hand and assistance was needed. It is not weakness to ask for help in the face of such a catastrophe, indeed turning away offered assistance only emphasized how little consideration the government and Tepco has for the population as a whole.

edit on 11-6-2011 by jadedANDcynical because: Typo and formatting fixes

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jadedANDcynical

As word of mouth increases it will become readily apparent that Tepco and the Japanese government Have colluded and conspired to keep the people ignorant of the very real danger that is faced. Saving face will mean less and less to the Japanese when it is learned just how little honor their so-called leaders truly possess. Face without honor is meaningless.

The honorable thing to do would have beento admit that a problem greater than humanity has EVER faced was at hand and assistance was needed. It is not weakness to ask for help in the face of such a catastrophe, indeed turning away offered assistance only emphasized how little consideration the government and Tepco has for the population as a whole.

edit on 11-6-2011 by jadedANDcynical because: Typo and formatting fixes

We need a good attorney. Better yet, we need an international Erin Brockovich.

Specifically to represent the citizens of the world against TEPCO, the government of Japan, the nuclear industry et.al., the EPA, etc. on charges of crimes against humanity including:

Conspiracy to commit murder
Murder
Terrorism
Genocide
Fraud
Manslaughter
Reckless endangerment

In fact, is there any crime they have not colluded to commit? The nuclear refugees are threatened with arrest if they even return to their homes. The nuclear industry and several governments have admitted to or have hidden the data and knowledge that would have saved lives. They have knowingly put people, a lot of people including children, in harms way. They are conspiring to commit murder. Are we to believe the world has no recourse because the charges need to be filed against entities now called to big to fail? They get bailouts. Citizens get arrested.

This insanity has to end.
edit on 11-6-2011 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Actually I havent ruled out a reactor blast or the reactor spewing hydrogen. In fact, if there was a sudden decrease in pressure in the RPV, as well as corium breaching the bottom as an explanation, it could maybe mean that the pressure, which if memory serves was past the design limits, blew the pressure bolts holding the cap on just enough to blow out built up hydrogen pressure into the level of the SFP, combining with its hydrogen being released, and then boom boom. Just another possibility. I think however, to maintain the lower pressure readings, either the cap or the vessel were breached somewhere significantly.

This 3 explosion has more lives than a hundred cats.

But what continues to trouble me is that 3 blew the whole building and not just the upper floors, so howcome the first floor is fairly clean.
edit on 12-6-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

Hopefully when the international Erin takes up the case - Toshiso Kosako will be subpoenaed as well as the report he apparently prepared, because I'm sure that's the only way his report will see the light of day.

Toshiso Kosako, a professor of radiation safety at the University of Tokyo, wrote in the report submitted to Prime Minister Naoto Kan just before he stepped down as adviser in late April that the government failed to make efficient use of forecasts on the spread of radioactive substances from the Fukushima plant.

The report says the adviser's team gave more than 60 pieces of technical advice, but the government failed to make use of most of them promptly and effectively.

The government said in a report submitted Tuesday to the International Atomic Energy Agency that nearly 200,000 people in Fukushima Prefecture had undergone screening tests and no health problems were found. It also said thyroid examinations of around 1,000 children detected only low-level radioactivity.

japan times

1,000 children - only low level radioactivity - so "no immediate danger" - correct - it's only dangerous IF these children want to grow up!

Ok one more thing to be used in Erin's case:

PM Office's hand seen in IAEA report

The influence of the Prime Minister's Office is strongly reflected in a report submitted to the International Atomic Energy Agency Tuesday on the nuclear crisis at Tokyo Electric Power Co.'s Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant.

Goshi Hosono, special adviser to Prime Minister Naoto Kan, was the driving force behind the report. Hosono repeatedly returned initial drafts of the report to ministries and agencies involved in nuclear administration such as the Economy, Trade and Industry Ministry and Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology Ministry, eventually writing part of the report himself, according to government sources.

yomiuru

edit on 12-6-2011 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
.30 microsieverts is miniscule, the increase I detected eventhough it was one hundredfold, still is a very low dose.

Now what that means to you depends on your school of thought. I believe any radiation is bad, I cannot avoid it completely, so I minimise all exposure. This is becoming harder and harder, my radiation alarm has gone off 4 times in the last minute, all of the "peaks" around 1.30 microsieverts, what worries me is they drop off slower and slower.. There we go, the alarm just hit 2.14.

What worries me mostly is the plutonium release and alpha particles in food, maybe the radiation limits for xrays and other intentional exposures should be revised since we now have a higher background exposure.

This might put some things in focus.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertwog

Originally posted by Wertwog
here more is deposited in one area than another, and certainly the Japanese will be receiving much more than that! The northern hemisphere will receive higher doses than the southern hemisphere (except for Austrialia and Hawaii). But eventually it will blanket the whole earth. I would like to learn more about his "lethal dose" theory and whether this refers to Beta/Gamma emitters or also includes Alpha particles. Anyho, food for thought.
edit on 11-6-2011 by Wertwog because: making it purdier

edit on 11-6-2011 by Wertwog because: laugh while you can Monkeyboy!

Australia is a very big place.

I know radiation has been discovered in Darwin supposedly from Fukushima, and that could well be true. It was supposed to be a very small amount, allowing that any amount is too much.

www.ntnews.com.au...

There is one poster claiming high radiation readings in Melbourne. Difficult to believe, without corroborating evidence. If anyone else amongst the readers of this thread live in Australia and have the ability to take readings please post these. I find it difficult to believe Melbourne is receiving radiation of this kind from Fukushima. Ah, difficult to believe at this early stage that is.

What data do you have to show Australia is going to receive the same amount of radiation as the Northern hemisphere? I am a wee bit skeptical.
edit on 12-6-2011 by Tallone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I never said it was going to receive the same dose, all I said was it was clearly detectable, and if you read the post above, I actually state it is NOT a high dose, but is measurable and these levels were not detected prior to the disaster in Japan.

Unfortunately, my geiger counter does not have a pc link for logging or anything, I do not provide the information as some kind of ego trip, I provided it as is, take it or leave it. I have nothing to prove to anyone.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jadedANDcynical
After re-reading the post I quoted, I went and did a bit of digging at the DOE database for seismic isolation and found this study that talks about building reactor buildings in a modular fashion in order to isolate them from ground motion.

As you can see from this picture:

Separating the reactor from the ground it is sited on is key to keeping the movement from being transmitted to crucial structures (CV, RPV, SFP, etc) and is the same principle applied in modern construction techniques in use today throughout Japan.

The fact that the reactor buildings were bedded in the underlying strata ensured maximum transfer of seismic stresses throughout the structures which lead to the problems we have currently. The amount we have learned in the decades since these plants were built about how earthquakes stress buildings is enormous and apparently some folks have taken this into consideration when you read through the report I've linked.

Maybe, just maybe, if something like this had been incorporated into the original construction (leaving aside that the knowledge didn't exist at the time Fukushima Daiichi was built) we would have an entirely different situation than what is presently facing us.

As it is, we are all fukushima'ed with little to nothig that can be done. Hot particles are dispersed planet-wide, the most dangerous of which are very difficult to detect without high specialized equipment, being inhaled and ingested. Worldwide cancer rates are about to see a spike.

Talk about fallout.

Well at least in the case of Fukushima and all similar GE BWR variants, i'm guessing the engineers would still have had a lot of extra work cut out for themselves to reach a level of EQ proofing (to level 9.0 at least).

For one, remember that at F Daichii their reactors employ that wonderful system (I still vivdly recall TRN's shock and outrage when realised this - apparently a difference between these and those found in the USA?) in which the steam is fed directly via (very large and heavy) plumbing out of the reactor (no shielding/heat transfer mechanism - it's the same liquid that was just in contact with the reactor/fuel) and it's buildings and into the turbines in their adjacent buildings. What I'm saying is that they surely would have had to redesign so at least the essential cooling, but especially the 'hot' plumbing and turbines were all in one isolated block along with the reactors, otherwise they could risk being torn apart from non-isolated plant structures in the EQ, losing vital functions AND dropping 'hot' fluids all over. I don't know whether they could do that?

I understand (from industry friendly UK radio briefings) that in newer/contemporary reactor designs (not neccessarily anything to do with these BWR types) they have aimed to create cooling systems that employ higher levels of resilliance and independence from external system (e.g. power) failures BUT in respects to EQ resistance (and for that matter alternative disruptive elements perhaps including tsunami, tornado, explosion, attack) , I wonder whether there are questions such as the one I raise here about inter-connecting plumbing/services, and potential failures there, that have not yet been answered quite so reassuringly?

For two, I'd want to be reassured that engineers had looked into what happens if the structure and that pit (and perhaps the inside of the building) is flooded with water (tsunami, leaks, fire engines...) and whether the design is able to cope with all that extra mass, or movement, on top of the already very heavy reactor.

As Arnie said, the industry still appear very good at reassuring us about progress in regards to ONE safety issue or one component - say improvements to EQ resistance in reactor building design, or fitting hardened vents, but are not quite so good at demonstrating that they are thinking of outside the box and complex (but realsitic) combinations of problems, which is, as anyone that has studied say aviation accidents, nearly always what leads to disaster.

edit on 12-6-2011 by curioustype because: grammar typo

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Technology Advanced Manual GE BWR/4 - BWR Differences

While I was researching the Brunswick Nuclear Plant in Southport, NC Unit 2 reactor that just opened up (and warm and fuzzy feeling only 20 feet above sea level). I came across this 92 page manual:

pbadupws.nrc.gov...

Page 85 of the manual is VERY interesting comparison chart of Mark I, Mark II and Mark III.

You wonderful Brainacs on this forum might find some fresh new info in this manual.

- Purple Chive

edit on 12-6-2011 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 931  932  933    935  936  937 >>

join