It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 923.htm
<< 920  921  922    924  925  926 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Purplechive

It's baccy, he's not puffing.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattandkat

edit on 7-6-2011 by mattandkat because: wrong alltogether

That's OK Matt...don't worry about it. You've already done so much. You photos are fine. TY

Des

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Done. Sorry for the delay and thank you for the patience they are in the edited post on previous page.
edit on 7-6-2011 by mattandkat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Done. Sorry for the delay and thank you for the patience they are in the edited post on previous page.

I

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Racism is prejudice based on race. These people are not being racially discriminated against by their own people. There is nowhere else for them to go. Individual citizens have helped with money, volunteer help, and of those lucky individuals with space or second homes, many have given free rental to FUkushima families.

There has been one case where a Fukushima resident was asked by a ward local government office to provide proof that he was not contaminated. However, if your ideas on this thread are correct regarding plutonium and the high level of radiation, shouldnt people take precautions? If there is nothing to worry about, then it is mindless fear. People are scared here, you know. Noone wants to die.

There was a HUGE effort to get bodies out, by both American and Japaense soliders. They did as much as they could. It is suspected many were washed out to sea. There are no bodies that anyone can see or find that have been left. Not even in 'hot' Fukushima.

What do you know from your house in America about how Japaense people feel? About how those in Tokyo feel about those in Fukushima and Sendai. We are not American, we are Japanese, we dont go for huge public outpourings of grief. How dare you judge people who you do not know.Now THAT is racism.

You know what is disgusting? People who are not here, not doing anything to help these people, with their fake pity, who do not know all the work people are doing to get housing up. That is a lot of housing to put up in 3 months, a lot of people to house very quickly. No, it has not been as expedient as it could have been, but it has been utter chaos here.

How dare you judge people and a situation you are so far removed from. You have no idea what people are donig for others here.

Disgusting racism from someone who professes to care

Originally posted by Destinyone
Lest we forget these poor Souls. I can't imagine the hopelessness of what their lives have become, through no fault of their own. It's almost as if they've been written off. Much like the bodies still not recovered from 3 months ago. My heart breaks for them.

KORIYAMA, Japan (AP) — Life in evacuation shelters is taking a severe psychological toll on those left homeless by Japan's devastating earthquake and tsunami, a situation likely to worsen as tens of thousands face the prospect of staying at least the rest of the year in temporary housing.

No one wants the Fukushima refugees....racism based on exposure to radiation is my guess. Just where in the hell do they plan to put all there poor people in another nine months...huh?

Though the suffering is spread out along Japan's ravaged northeast coast, the problem is particularly severe for Japan's "nuclear refugees," who were forced to flee from homes near the Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear plant and have been told to expect to remain in limbo for the next nine months, at least.

"I have pretty much given up," said 63-year-old Eiichi Kogusuri, who lives in one of the country's biggest shelters, a sports arena housing nearly 1,000 refugees in the city of Koriyama, about 40 miles away from the nuclear plant.

Can you even wrap your head around what the poor man below is living...That's NOT living.

"All I do every day is eat, sleep and watch TV," he said. "Every day seems so long. I'm in my 60s, I have no work. I have nothing to hold on to and I'm too old to start over."

98.500 estimate I'm sure is low...still in shelters with no hope in sight. DISGRACEFUL!

According to government tallies, 98,500 people remain homeless and live in about 2,000 shelters around the country. That number pulls together both those who lost their homes in the March 11th quake and tsunami, and those who were forced to leave the 12 mile no-go zone set up around the Fukushima nuclear plant.

"They can't think ahead to the future, and this is very hard psychologically," Watanabe said. "They don't know when they can go home. Families have been broken up. We need a solution." www.myfoxlubbock.com...

And yet...life goes on as "normal" in places like Tokyo...out of sight, out of mind....

Des rant over...for now.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

I

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
So when are the 3 reactors going to go super nova on them, you know like big bright light and bang.

Would that type of reaction be possible under the right condition could that happen.

Just wondering if it could.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
edit - false information. Sorry to waste the post. Was a date typo, after i verified with a Japan based source.
edit on 7-6-2011 by minto because: False information

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mattandkat

Mattandkat - Thanks so much for your efforts!!! And all you other wonderful folks that know how to capture these "moments" on the web cams. I feel very assured that when I'm watching the web cam live and something deviant occurs - someone is out there is capturing it. I don't hyperventilate quite so much! Thank you!! Don't want to keel over yet...but the way things are going...have my doubts...OK now back to "Happy Thoughts"...

- Purple Chive

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by minto

Minto - nothing on NHK or Kyodo or USGS...what's your source?

- Purple Chive

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by minto
Just to let you know, another aftershock has occurred, knocking out the power.

7.1M, The highest yet since March 11th. Warnings of another Tsunami are passed though. Workers have been evacuated.

Can't find it posted on USGS...where did you get the info? TIA

Des

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by minto
Just to let you know, another aftershock has occurred, knocking out the power.

7.1M, The highest yet since March 11th. Warnings of another Tsunami are passed though. Workers have been evacuated.

Can't find it posted on USGS...where did you get the info? TIA

Des

I'm still not finding anything either...and didn't see anything on the WC...uhummm...

- Purple Chive

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirCoxone

Originally posted by Silverlok

Originally posted by ThousandIslandSunny
reply to post by Silverlok

No, all of Japan is not highly irradiated. Tokyo is not highly irradiated. Nor is any of the south. Fukushima is, and there are a few areas, like Ibaraki which I would not go to for any reason right now.

Sacrificing the few here, for the many, is not something that would sit well with me. Sacrificing my children and my own life blowing that thing up would not be acceptable to me. There are real people here whose lives mean anything.

Im no shill. I just dont fancy bits of irradiated shrapnel flying round if that thing is entombed and blows up, which could and would kill INNOCENT people.

I dont belong here. Im not American, and my interests are not there either. My interests are wholly 3 children here who I am desperate to not get sick or die.

Good luck everyone and bye.

Really Japan is not highly irradiated? what do you base that information on ? after almost 900 pages in this thread and months of research on our end?

It is simply not true that the whole of Japan is highly irradiated. You make this claim, show your sources and where you have taken radiation readings from over a wide distance of Japan to come to this conclusion.

No doubt there are some very hot areas around Fuku and no one has any idea of the scale of water contamination of the coast but your claim that the whole of JP is highly irradiated is wild and without factual basis.

If I am wrong show me hard figures to prove it.

forgive the really long lag time ..I am refreshing, well myself as wrong as that probably sounds...

"...the whole of Japan is highly irradiated. You make this claim..."

It is statistical analysis done independently by me based on the amount of radioactive materials released (continuously ) for the last three months , their forms and their dispersal mechanisms. In a very correct sense you are right most of japan is not YET highly irradiated (but indeed a large number of places are already well above normal (especially if you check the sewers ( where everything concentrates )) and the end is far from near) , but if your neighbor put 70 tons of flour in his front lawn , how soon before you were cleaning it off your grass and and roof shingles ...so in that way it is the future that I am temporizing thinking that everyone one understands how obvious the situation is ( and how it will unfold because of HOW IT ALREADY IS ) , as I said look to Australia , or the bikini atoll if you want to understand how HUGE the impact is OVER TIME measured in decades and lifespans.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Hallelujah...tonight on CNN News, they carried about a 12 minute segment on Fukushima, with Arnie Gundersen as the guest....YAY!!!

Finally they are talking about the reality of what is happening over there. How both the Japanese and U.S. Gov't aren't giving people the truth. Arnie, when asked why, he said TEPCO and JapGov are basically one in the same. And if it weren't for the internet, and independent researchers...they wouldn't have been forced to tell the truth. Also when Arnie was asked how he feels now...he answered..."I'm afraid".. CNN treated this very seriously, and said they will stay on top of this developing story.

When I can find a link to a recording of that segment, I'll post it. Did anyone else here see it?

Des

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tallone
reply to post by matadoor

I know we need to work with data from this source. But consider for a moment the source. TEPCO.

Another consideration. If reactor 3 was destroyed in the manner in which Jim Stone argues (google 'Jimstonefreelance.com - Did the Dimona Dozen murder the Fukushima 50?') then we have a monitoring system not giving the correct data (because it was sabotaged from the beginning possibly by means of infecting the computers at the plant with the Stuxnet virus), and a real need to cover up the fate of reactor 3 by Japanese officials, not just by TEPCO for its own greedy self interest (again to see why see Jimstone… article).

edit on 7-6-2011 by Tallone because: (no reason given)

I know that TEPCO does release "their" data...but, this group has NEVER depended on the accuracy of TEPCOS info.

We KNOW it to be pablum at best. That is why we all dig, cross reference, email people, gather EVERYTHING we can find from every viable source we can think of. Gnaw on every seemingly dry bone to get to the marrow of the matter being discussed. I would venture to say, this monster thread is one of the most complete compilations of hard data, and fleshed out scenarios of reality, to date. We have followed every path, even those leading to dead ends, only to regroup, and shimmy down the net hole in our searches. It's like looking for pieces of a giant jigsaw puzzle in the middle of a tornado Grabbing frantically a piece here, a piece there. Then spending countless hours seeing what fits together..I think we do. a good job at what we do.

Des

I agree with all of that in general. The contributions by the majority here have been outstanding. In fact, there is very little to discard as not relevant.

I have been with reading this thread from the beginning. Although not able to contribute meaningfully to the technical and engineering specifics of the data coming from the nuclear power plant. I am an analyst though not of that.

My point is precisely was we should continue to look both inside and outside of the box. When the data from TEPCO is not supporting what we see from other evidence, particularly from the images or doesn't sync with data from alternative sources we need to consider some of the other possibilities. Jim Stone's theory is one of them I believe. I don't think he has it entirely nailed down but he raises some very large question marks deserving of our consideration, no matter how unreal we may consider them to be at face value.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive
reply to post by minto

Minto - nothing on NHK or Kyodo or USGS...what's your source?

- Purple Chive

I too couldn't find another source to back that up - im just off the phone to my friend in Saitama. THIS IS INCORRECT INFORMATION. A typo of dates from website. Glad I verified it.

Sorry to trouble anyone. Guess it shows how easily information can be easily mistaken.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Tallone

I know what you mean Tallone. I wasn't sure I believed in UFO's, until I saw one up close, and personal. I'll keep my mind open...but, not so open it falls out...

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DancedWithWolves

Originally posted by Silverlok

Originally posted by ThousandIslandSunny

What WOULD work then, -snip-. Is this right?

entombment would work ...snip...to see how well 'topsoil replacement' is going to work) , would be
edit on 25-5-2011 by Silverlok because: (no reason given)

...Have you seen any new sources of what the underground bedrock or excavation of this plant could look like - pre and post quake/tsunami?...

The entombment above may still leave groundwater/tunnel/possible tidal access to the poolium open beneath. How can they start to "entomb" that part of this or can a top/down approach reach and seal/entomb these openings too? Thanks for the explanations in your posts. I'm so glad someone is thinking about possible solutions to this disaster.

The last part first: if you can't gulp sip...even if that is not seemingly satisfying , but sand "stone' is odd indeed . heat can rather quickly drive all the water out of it and it goes from a boulder to ...SAND... at a touch. i think this is integral to TEPCO's strategy the entire time. if they could , as they have stressed "control" cooling they could "control" the the water condition of the sandstone and if it was dry enough when corium /poolium hit it it would be the 'cheapest' and "quietest" way to 'hide' the disaster ( kept secret by choice as opposed to media because fuku would be giving off massive radiation into the sea and air the whole time) .

the biggest milestone to look for if this was the case was temps over 100C for plutonium and 200C for uranium which we saw for over two months

and , the sand would help form a glass like structure ( really a weird ceramic ) , just like Chernobyl that would seriously slow the linear travel of the corium but would enhance the exponential heating curve which implies KNOWN OVERHEAT DAYS, and that is almost certainly why they stopped the thermal and reactor readings on may 16th, obviously since they had KNOWN melt downs from day one.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

So the obvious questions...why is there water in the basement of Daini and WHY would it be radioactive water?

Remember the mysterious barge? The one that left Daiichi riding lower than it should have? I read on a blog at the time that it was headed to Daiini to "park" in order to make room for the "mega barge" at Daiichi. I wondered about it at the time but let it go.

Now your post jogged my memory -

Anywhoo my point is - well I'm sure you all know - in order to hide the increasing amounts of contaminated water - they moved some to store at II - only to realize the facilities at II were as fractured as I and the water proceeded to leak all over II as well.

It's a possibility.....

Oh what a tangled web we weave.........
edit on 7-6-2011 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Saw this the other day and wanted to get your input on this when you returned. Another piece of the puzzle that doesn't fit the TEPCO story? Tellurium on March 12 - 7 kilometers from the plant?

Tokyo Shinbun (6/5/2011; emphasis added) reports the puzzling detection of tellurium-132 on March 12:

It has been revealed that radioactive tellurium, a metal that is hard to disperse in the atmosphere, was detected on the next day [March 12] of the earthquake in Namie-machi, 7 kilometers from the plant, and other locations according to the result of the monitoring survey done by Fukushima Prefecture before the explosion at Fukushima I Nuclear Power Plant that day. More tellurium was detected than more volatile radioactive iodine. It shows that metallic radioactive materials [like tellurium] dispersed wide from an early stage [of the accident]. Tellurium is a rare metal, and tellurium-132 has a half-life of about 3 days, emitting beta rays.

The data was revealed on June 3 evening by the Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency. The monitoring survey of the air was done from March 12 morning till March 13 night, and the most of the data had been withheld until June 3. Tellurium-132 was detected from the morning till the early afternoon on March 12 at 2 locations in Namie-machi, and Okuma-machi and Minami-Soma City. The concentration was between 23 to 119 becquerels per cubic meter, exceeding the safety limit of 20 becquerels per cubic meter.

At that time, there was no air escaping the reactor building as the air exchange system had stopped. The venting to release the steam was done in the afternoon of March 12, and a hydrogen explosion [in the Reactor 1] happened after the venting.

TEPCO thinks that tellurium came from the Reactor 1 whose fuel core was most damaged, and explains, "As the pressure inside the Containment Vessel rose, tellurium, along with hydrogen, may have escaped from the joints [on the Containment Vessel]. The pressure inside the reactor building also rose, and then tellurium leaked outside the building and was carried by the wind and spread wide."

However, volatile and therefore more easily dispersed iodine-131 was detected at half the amount of tellurium. Cesium-137 was detected in one location in Namie-machi in the amount exceeding that of tellurium; however, at other locations, it was detected in only minute amount.

Associate Professor Toshihiro Yamamoto of Kyoto University Research Reactor Institute (reactor physics) says "Under the circumstance that we have understood so far, it is hard to believe that tellurium would spread far."

translated by EX-SKF

new topics

top topics

<< 920  921  922    924  925  926 >>

join