It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 920.htm
<< 917  918  919    921  922  923 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by NOMOREFEDRESERVE

There is a difference. Chernobyl was one reactor. Fukushima Daiichi is three, ADMITTED meltdowns. Making Fukushima exponentially far worse that Chernobyl.

That being the reality of the situation. I too, would say it has "never" happened before. But that's just my own humble opinion.

Des

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
And there is one expert that states " The molten fuel has burned through the bottom of the reactors. Melted through the bottom of the reactors. It is in the ground now. It has even melted through the bottom of the operating plant." This is from a post that I posted today. "Who is Leuren Moret?" One of the very few experts that you can believe!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

There is a difference. Chernobyl was one reactor. Fukushima Daiichi is three, ADMITTED meltdowns. Making Fukushima exponentially far worse that Chernobyl.

That being the reality of the situation. I too, would say it has "never" happened before. But that's just my own humble opinion.

Des

The issue of burning through the reactor does not change, regardless if it's 1 or 20 reactors.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

I will agree to disagree with you here. For me, the issue of how much radiation has/is being released into MY environment, is of utmost concern.

Des

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive
reply to post by Destinyone

Des - so all the more reason and evidence that TEPCO doesn't really care and hasn't from the beginning they knew they were screwed. Just misinform long enough for most of the investors to bailout.

Wonder how many shares of TEPCO stock members of the Japanese cabinet held and when they sold them?

"FOLLOW THE MONEY"...

Despicable!!.

- Purple Chive

It's not about the money. It never was. It is population control and TEPCO has no say nor control of what is going on there period. They want you to think it's about money, incompetence, avoiding panic, safeing face and a bunch of other garbage. DEPOPULATION PERIOD! Think outside of the box and don't believe Arnie Gunderson.

edit on 6-6-2011 by NOMOREFEDRESERVE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

There is a whole other forum to discuss population control. The Conspiracy Forum. There are already several threads regarding Fukushima there you may join.

Des

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

I will agree to disagree with you here. For me, the issue of how much radiation has/is being released into MY environment, is of utmost concern.

Des

BINGO, watch the video! Nuclear Reactor Breach Intombment 101. That is the best solution to the radiation that is being released. Hidden in plain site for those that refuse to look.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Des

I think you know the answer to that question.
Alot was released and more .

The Fukushima Nuclear Disaster: Evolution of the Crisis and Resulting Radiation Levels

www.cnic.jp...

Radiation Dispersed over a Wide Area

www.cnic.jp...

edit on 6-6-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

There is a whole other forum to discuss population control. The Conspiracy Forum. There are already several threads regarding Fukushima there you may join.

Des

I deal with facts and the truth. You can lead a horse to water but you can't......

I suppose you think the US government is doing everything they can to help too.

"And the United States Government has been complicit in this. They confiscated iodine supplies that U.S. citizens should have been taking." Conspiracy yea right! WAKE UPwww.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982

Des

I think you know the answer to that question.
Alot was released and more .

The Fukushima Nuclear Disaster: Evolution of the Crisis and Resulting Radiation Levels

www.cnic.jp...

Radiation Dispersed over a Wide Area

www.cnic.jp...

You want to argue about what has already been done, or fix the problem?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jadedANDcynical
Have taken bit of a posting hiatus, but have been reading every day; welcome to all the recent signups and great job to those of you who have continued posting!

It would be great for someone to go digging and see if they could find a list of who sold how many shares when of Tepco stock. Might provide some interesting reading...

Here are some ripples:

By JURO OSAWA TOKYO—Since the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear crisis, many global consumers have equated "Made in Japan" with "potentially radioactive," hurting business across the country.

Source

The main thing that the article leaves out is that Geiger counters and other "off the shelf" detectors do not measure dangerous alpha emitters so even if they came to be used then the most dangerous types of emissions wouldn't even be detected.

I signed up and posted that comment and included it in my Facebook post.

In regards to the general population, what I've found is that most people feel they don't know enough of even the basics of bow nuclear energy works.

Not only this, they feel as though they are too stupid to learn them. On top of this is the idea of "we have regulatory agencies to protect us" so they don't feel like they have to learn anything.

What I see is the outcome of our dumbed down public education system coupled with a deliberate deadening by the mass media to ensure that people in general do not look to the larger world and instead stay focused on their own selves or attempts to live vicariously through those they idolize.

When I try to engage people about this subject one of the main responses I get is a complete lack of interest for something that is happening across the Pacific. When I attempt to explain how we are affected by this event, most everyone does the snail maneuver and pulls back into their protective shell of movie stars and sports fanaticism.

Distract, delude, and disable seems to the modis operandi of TPTB to great success.

Keep up the good fight fellow collective brain cells and maybe we will begin to gain some momentum in our campaign to focus attention, fuel action and fight apathy.

As discussed in a conversation between myself and another, we are like suoerheros whose power is that of the meme and it is up to each of us to try to awaken in those whom we come incontact with and light a similar fire in them which obviously burns in those here present.

When this all began I had high hopes that this would be the event to wake up the sheeple. The power of the media proved that to be a stupid idea.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
As far as who owns stock in Tepco, as with 9-11, look to who had placed put options on TEPCO before March 11. And this is not conspiracy theory, but hard facts. Follow that money!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

No...You are beating a dead horse in attempting to garner a fan club to your beliefs. I am continuing to do what this thread was started for. Gather data on the nuclear crisis at Fukushima Daiichi.

Des

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Just an FYI - It seems Dr. Saji is still sending his e-mail updates, but apparently not to Amber Sharick anymore. I found six when I googled his name.

June 1 though 4 on this blog
and May 26 though 29 at this site - towards the middle of the page.

No huge revelations, just his concerns about the massive contaminated water volume and leaks, especially in light of the upcoming rainy season. And his usual concern regarding accurate radiation data - his tone is a bit more conciliatory towards TEPCO - interesting.

Also, it's a bit hard to follow some of it not having access to earlier entries - and I have not had any luck finding them.

Some excerpts:

More detailed environmental monitoring data will be released soon Today TEPCO reported that there are still un-incorporated data from the environmental monitoring station waiting to be released. Upon hearing this news, Mr. Edano, the Chief Secretary of State, was furious, after the fuzzy issue as to the initiation of the seawater injection. I can guess what the data is all about. Due to the station blackout, all of the environment monitoring posts went dead. TEPCO quickly set up a portable dosimeter in place of the the monitoring stations, as well as put a monitoring car dispatched from Tohoku Electric Power Company. The software system of this monitoring car seems to be different from the one used by TEPCO and could not have been able to incorporate these data yet. I can tell this since I have already used a part of this data and introduced in Earthquake (62). Certainly, I have been waiting this set of data be released soon, because there are several release events which are not well correlated with the currently available monitoring data. I do not think TEPCO is intentionally hiding the data or anything. Just due to a possible technical difficulty.

And they'll protect kids by supplying them with dosimeters

Distribution of dosimeters for every school children. In Kawamata-cho, Fukushima, the municipal government decided to distribute a personal dosimeter to each school children of day nurseries, Kindergarten and grade schools, in the total of 1500 school children. These will be collected once a month and checked by a private monitoring company. The dosimeters were supplied by Kinki University who offered to measure doses of the school grounds there. I can foresee this will spread more widely in the highly contaminated areas in Fukushima.

Also some info about pressure gauges

Recognizing the insufficient reliability of 1F1 pressure gauges, a set of new pressure gauge is being installed. I believe this is a prudent operation, since most of the pressure gauges are showing strange readings, including differential pressure level gauges as well as the different pressure flow meters. I am suspecting an occurrence of the “internal hydrogen explosion”, since there are 8 cases in TEPCO that gauges are broken by sudden high pressure and temperature during normal operation. In the cause of the accident, since there were no water circulation, there could have been more chances for hydrogen accumulation and separation from water, leading to the hydrogen explosion. In all of the reactor pressure vessels, there were events when the pressure suddenly drops followed with strange readings after. These incidents have been known inside TEPCO

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

By the time they are through making "revisions" to their lies they will have accomplished their goal and the worlds children will pay the price for all of the inaction of this generation. Believe the word of a liar again? That almost fits the description of insanity. You keep getting the same results. That is beating a dead horse.

edit on 6-6-2011 by NOMOREFEDRESERVE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maluhia

Recognizing the insufficient reliability of 1F1 pressure gauges, a set of new pressure gauge is being installed. I believe this is a prudent operation, since most of the pressure gauges are showing strange readings, including differential pressure level gauges as well as the different pressure flow meters. I am suspecting an occurrence of the “internal hydrogen explosion”, since there are 8 cases in TEPCO that gauges are broken by sudden high pressure and temperature during normal operation. In the cause of the accident, since there were no water circulation, there could have been more chances for hydrogen accumulation and separation from water, leading to the hydrogen explosion. In all of the reactor pressure vessels, there were events when the pressure suddenly drops followed with strange readings after. These incidents have been known inside TEPCO

Bingo. Wow. ATS monster thread rules. We called it way back. Add in the possibility of STUXNET, and ya... um, fun times. Siemens controllers.

#3 RPV is probably there, but is not intact. It is missing it's lid and has a few cracks and holes hence the weird readings we've been seeing for weeks now. The big thing it's mostly missing is it's fuel. I think it's pretty safe to say it's gone

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

No...You are beating a dead horse in attempting to garner a fan club to your beliefs. I am continuing to do what this thread was started for. Gather data on the nuclear crisis at Fukushima Daiichi.

Des

Seems to me that the talking part(gathering data) should have been done way back when, and the working part should be well under way. Unless the plan doesn't include the working part. At Chernobyl the talking part lasted about 3 days and they truly had no prior examples to learn from. That was 25 years ago, the technology has improved a little since then, But nobody knows what to do, give me a break. Don't follow their lead, it's dangerous to your health.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Can I have a date with your avatar? Does he like spaghetti and meatballs? We can talk radiation levels all night long...

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertwog

Just my avatar,not me.
But I love spaghetti.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertwog

Originally posted by Maluhia

Bingo. Wow. ATS monster thread rules. We called it way back. Add in the possibility of STUXNET, and ya... um, fun times. Siemens controllers.

#3 RPV is probably there, but is not intact. It is missing it's lid and has a few cracks and holes hence the weird readings we've been seeing for weeks now. The big thing it's mostly missing is it's fuel. I think it's pretty safe to say it's gone

TEPCO keeps on using the STUPID trump card. Today it's broken gauges, tommorow who knows. At this point they don't need any guages to know that the reactors are in meltdown, and they cannot be fixed. One and only one solution, entombment. If you recall, at the beginning of their man made disaster, they spoke of entombment as being on the table back then. Obviously they had no intention of that, just talk. What could possibly be their motive for absolute inaction? What could be US governments motive for inaction. Strike that. US government did take the potassium iodide pills off the shelf, and they did raise the "safe levels" for radiation poisoning. They failed to warn the citizens of the danger and could have used their technology to make it rain out theradiation over the Pacific Ocean instead of making it rain out over the West Coast and the rest of the country. Here in California, winter storm watch in June. Thats a first, what luck! No conspiracy theories here, just facts on the ground, and in the air, in the food, everywhere now.

top topics

<< 917  918  919    921  922  923 >>

join