It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 918.htm
<< 915  916  917    919  920  921 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellhound604

Originally posted by NOMOREFEDRESERVE

Originally posted by xxPUSH0Noo
Hmm.. this is interesting. "Is U.S. heading for baby boy boom?" "Nuclear age has led to millions of fewer baby girls being born"
"GSDF member recounts fearing for life in blast at Fukushima plant"
Max. Radiation levels in Eastern Japan
This map is apparently from June 6th, 2011.
& Just wanted to say this thread is amazing. I check out other threads but I haven't followed one. I've been here from day 1 and the knowledge and insight and contributions of everyone has made this thread strong. Just when I think it is dying down I check back and it has grown a couple more pages.

The following is copied from the article in the link:

"Tests showed that radiation caused damage to the X chromosome in sperm, Dr Scherb said.
A human sperm cell contains either an X or Y chromosome, while an egg only has a Y chromosome.

An XY combination will become a boy, while an XX combination will be a girl.
Geneticist Karl Sperling of the Institute of Medical Genetics and Human Genetics in Berlin, told National Geographic the study is 'the most convincing documentation' so far that radiation may lead to a gender bias in humans."

How do they get an "XX" combination out of an X or Y combined with a Y?
I think their study was flawed from the beginning. Their conclusion is the exact opposite of the findings of DR. Leuren Moret. I would bet my house on Leuren Moret everytime.

I think it is a classical case of bad journalism. The egg only has a X chromosome, and damage to the X chromosome in the sperm will lead to more boys being born. (the gender bias). Will try to find the original article, but I think the journalist that wrote the article in the Daily Mail doesn't have an idea about genetics, and didn't understand the article that he/she read. Not sure why radiation would damage the X-chromosome more than the Y-chromosome, and a couple of other things doesn't make perfect sense in this report.

I guess because the X chromosome is much larger than the Y chromosome, so it's a much bigger target for ionizing radiation.

Just a few quotes from the conclusion of the original article (which looks pretty thorough to me, however I'm not an epidemiologist):

"Our observations add evidence to findings in the field of radiation epidemiology indicating considerably underestimated health risks of the so-called low-level (< 100 mSv) ionizing radiation (Bandazhevski et al. 2009; Ericson and Kallen 1994; Huether et al. 1996; Lazjuk et al. 2003; Muerbeth et al. 2004; Ramsay et al. 1991; Zatsepin et al. 2007; Auvinen et al. 2001; Wertelecki 2010).

The International Commission on Radiological Protection (ICRP) has assessed the risk of severe hereditary diseases (e.g., hemophilia, Down’s syndrome) in a general population exposed to low doses and low dose rates. ICRP estimated a risk factor of 1 in 100 per Sievert for severe hereditary diseases appearing at any time in all future generations (i.e., relative risk per Sievert (Sv) = 1.01). A more specific risk estimate, in the same order of magnitude however, has been propagated by the United Nations Scientific Committee on the Effects of Atomic Radiation (2001): “The estimate of risk” (at 1 Gy) “for congenital abnormalities is about 2,000 cases per million live births (compared to 60,000 cases per million live births).” Note that 1 Gy is equivalent to 1 Sv (Sievert) for gamma radiation. The UNSCEAR 2001 risk translates to a relative risk per Sievert of 1.03 (= 62,000/ 60,000).

In sharp contrast to that, our estimated effects are in the order of magnitude of 1.50/mSv per year for birth defects and stillbirths and 1.02/mSv per year for the sex odds (Scherb and Voigt 2007; Scherb and Weigelt 2003).

This means that the internationally established radiation risk concept based on average absorbed dose is in error at three to four orders of magnitude or, more likely, it is conceptually wrong.

Our results suggest that the global deficit of births and the increased number of stillborn or impaired children due to the atmospheric atomic bomb tests and due to the Chernobyl catastrophe may be in the range of several millions. This is a large absolute number although it is a small relative number with respect to all births in the range of several hundreds of millions considered here, as well as with respect to risks like accidents, diseases, or naturally occurring unfavorable pregnancy outcomes, etc.

However, the detected adverse genetic effects point to an enhanced impairment of humankind’s genetic pool by artificial ionizing radiation. Moreover, our results contribute to disproving the established and prevailing belief (UNSCEAR 2000) that radiation-induced hereditary effects have yet to be detected in human populations."

My conclusion:

Fukushima predicted to cause a few million stillborn or impaired children. I don't think this is a headline we'll soon see in MSM.

mendel

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Good Morning my Fine Friends,

Disaster victims manning front lines in struggle to tame Fukushima nuclear crisis

Here is an article I found so sad. It's a pretty in-depth look at the brave men and women working at Fukushima Daiichi. Why some of them "chose" to be there. Some of the statements from them, speak so loudly to me. This one in particular...

"The TEPCO guys aren't used to being on-site. We're the only ones who can look after them," he says.

"It just billows out, so much of it," the 64-year-old says, referring to the steam he sees rising from the No. 3 reactor every now and then. "It's not a good feeling, seeing that."

Some are still under the delusion that they will be able to go home...how very sad it makes me...

"If we can't solve this crisis, my wife will never be able to go home again," he thought. "I'm ready to do this job until the reactors are decommissioned."

This is the horrible irony, not escaping the workers there, the ones who are grateful to even have a job.

"The ones who caused the accident are now the ones making a living trying to repair it. Ironic, isn't it?" he says. He adds, however, that he is worried about how long the crisis will continue.

Further evidence of how TEPCO views their "disposable" Brave Workers.

"Everyone I know is working insanely hard at the plant," he thought. "Someone has to do this." And so he stayed, and continues his daily trips into the dark maws of the turbine buildings.

On the other hand, it is a list of individuals making tireless efforts; manning the front lines in work to contain the meltdown disaster at the Fukushima No. 1 Nuclear Power Plant. mdn.mainichi.jp...

Des

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Quite frankly, I'm appalled that TPTB can keep pulling this crap. Month after horrid month, they continue to release tid bits of truth, as if we didn't know this from day one. How stupid they must think we all are. I remember around page 400 or so, we here, were saying this is a level 8 disaster. Way back when they were still insisting it was a level 5 event.

Radioactivity of materials released in Fukushima nuclear crisis revised upward
guess the new catch word is "revision"....guess they think it sounds better than lying.

The Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency (NISA) on June 6 revised the level of radioactivity of materials emitted from the crisis hit Fukushima No. 1 Nuclear Power Plant from 370,000 terabecquerels to 850,000 terabecquerels.

Surprise surprise...NOT.

The Cabinet Office's Nuclear Safety Commission of Japan (NSC) had estimated that the total level of radioactivity stood at around 630,000 terabecquerels, but this figure was criticized as an underestimation. NISA officials plan to present the new figure at a ministerial meeting of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) after reporting it to the NSC.

The latest figure takes into consideration the release of radioactive materials during explosions at the plant's No. 2 and 3 reactors. The INES scale designates leaks of tens of thousands of terabecquerels as level 7 events, and the seriousness of the disaster on the scale will not change as a result of NISA's revision of the amount. mdn.mainichi.jp...

I predict...we'll be seeing many, many, more "revisions" in the weeks to come.

Des

I

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
TEPCO gets a poke in the eye from the latest report from the IAEA,,,Never know what you'll find when you go looking under rocks.

The report, from an International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) team led by Britain's top nuclear safety official Mike Weightman, highlighted some of the well-documented weaknesses that contributed to the crisis at Fukushima when the plant, 240 km (150 miles) north of Tokyo, was hit by a massive earthquake and then a tsunami in quick succession on March 11

Hosono said the government would need to review its nuclear regulatory framework.

The IAEA team will submit its findings to a ministerial conference on nuclear safety in Vienna from June 20-24.

"We had a playbook, but it didn't work," said Tatsujiro Suzuki, a nuclear expert and vice chairman of Japan's Atomic Energy Commission.

Here we see the rats scrambling on the sinking ship...

Meanwhile, it was dangerously unclear who was in charge on the ground at Fukushima. Tepco's chairman was in China, the utility's president was grounded in western Japan on a personal trip. Sakae Muto, the ranking Tepco official, spent the night of the quake huddled with mayors of small towns near Fukushima, giving them formal notice of the accident rather than joining the command centre.

The plant's chief operating officer, Masao Yoshida, ignored an order to stop injecting seawater into the No. 1 reactor based on a request from Kan's office. Experts say Yoshida made the right call, but say the confusion underscored the bigger problems in the early response to the accident.

in.reuters.com...

Des

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by matadoor
The Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency (NISA) on June 6 revised the level of radioactivity of materials emitted from the crisis hit Fukushima No. 1 Nuclear Power Plant from 370,000 terabecquerels to 850,000 terabecquerels.

And this was for the first 25 days. Probably still an underestimation. And now they estimate there is the equivalent (or close to it) in the water around the plant, which is probably an underestimation as well, and will someday be revised upwards. No estimation of radioactive material in the rubble, or what has been released since April 5 in the steam/smoke/vapor that is constantly pouring out of the reactor buildings, or that has already entered the groundwater or ocean.

But then NHK states at www3.nhk.or.jp...

"The agency says the total amount of radioactive iodine 131 and cesium 137 released from the Numbers 1, 2 and 3 reactors for the 6 days from March 11th is estimated at 770,000 terabecquerels."

So now, for just the first six days of the accident, and only measuring iodine and cesium, and only from the reactors and not the SFPs including 3 and 4 that have released who knows what, they arrive at 770,000 tbq. This then doesnt include the major releases that occurred between March 20 and 21, the black smoke from 3 period, or the spike between March 29 and 30 (see pages 4 and 5 at www.cpdnp.jp...).

drip, drip, drip. At some point all those drips are going to overflow the bucket of human consciousness, and poeple will start waking up. Maybe. Hopefully. Or not.

edit on 6-6-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

in.reuters.com...

Des

And they dont have a clue to this day who was calling the shots, do they? Homer Simpson doesnt work at Fuku does he?

Another interesting quote from the above.

"It was impossible for the system to work as it had been set up," said Suzuki, who believes Japan's nuclear industry will now have to show it can manage and contain the most improbable accidents at all of its remaining reactors to win public trust. "Unless they can show that, it's going to be very hard."

If one extrapolates that quote to all nuke plants worldwide, we begin to really see the scope of the problem. As in deep do-do heading backwards down # creek without a paddle towards the waterfall. Other than that everythings OK.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
The fun never stops. According to NHK at www3.nhk.or.jp...

TEPCO says it plans to reduce the amount of radioactive materials inside the reactor building and then open the doors to lower humidity, now at 99.9 percent.......It is possible that radioactive substances will leak out of the Number 2 reactor building once the doors are open. TEPCO says it will make a final decision after carefully assessing the levels of radioactivity.

Give me a friggin break. Like they can reduce anything. If they cant go in in the first place, how are they going to reduce radiation. I take this to mean that they are going to release a massive amount of radiation, once doors are open, so they can then go into R2. And this is how they prepare the public for that disclosure which should be released sometime in August, depending on their drip schedule and what else goes wrong between now and then.

On some future date I guarantee you we will read "unfortunately, a significant amount of radiation was released when the doors were opened and the place aired out, even though TEPCO believed they had already cleared the R2 of radiation"

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

Unit 3 Reactor Pressure Bottom Part Temperature...Highest yet

Take a look at the "Pink" on the graph and then the 4th column over after the Date column...

www.tepco.co.jp...

Do believe this is where the corium resides...

Throwing Unit 1 and Unit 2 latest numbers in also...but Unit 3...it don't look good. Arnie and the NRC are concerned about the bottom breaking through due to the corrosion the salt water left behind...

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

If anyone belongs to the Physics Forum...please pass the Unit 3 temperature numbers on to them and see what their stance is.

- Purple Chive

Averaging about a 10 degree temperature increase everyday at the bottom of the RPV...wonder why this doesn't bother anyone? Is this nothing to be concerned about? Anyone out there have a "Happy Thoughts" explanation? www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

edit on 6-6-2011 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-6-2011 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Purplechive

Now I know I'm posting myself and talking to myself here...

But the Unit 3 bottom of RPV temperature readings have me concerned.

0n 6/3/11 the temperature was 149.7 Celsius (301.46 Fahrenheit)...and three day later on 6/6/11 the temperature was 177.8 Celsius (352.04 Fahrenheit) an increase of 28.1 Celsius or 50.58 degrees Fahrenheit.

Now I'm kinda excited here...because I can't seem to find other folks addressing this rather large spike in temperature. www.tepco.co.jp...

Especially after Arnie stated....
"[...] Now, Unit 3 has another problem and the NRC mentioned it yesterday for the first time and it gets back to that saltwater and the effect on iron. They are afraid that the reactor bottom will break, literally just break right out and dump everything. Because it’s now hot and it’s got salt on it and it’s got the ideal conditions for corrosion. So the big fear on Unit 3 is that it will break at the bottom and whatever else remains in it, which could be the entire core, could fall out suddenly. [...]" enenews.com...

So if anyone out there can possibly calm me down...and "Happy Thoughts"...would really appreciate it!!

- Purple Chive

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

Now I know I'm posting myself and talking to myself here...

But the Unit 3 bottom of RPV temperature readings have me concerned.

0n 6/3/11 the temperature was 149.7 Celsius (301.46 Fahrenheit)...and three day later on 6/6/11 the temperature was 177.8 Celsius (352.04 Fahrenheit) an increase of 28.1 Celsius or 50.58 degrees Fahrenheit.

Now I'm kinda excited here...because I can't seem to find other folks addressing this rather large spike in temperature. www.tepco.co.jp...

Especially after Arnie stated....
"[...] Now, Unit 3 has another problem and the NRC mentioned it yesterday for the first time and it gets back to that saltwater and the effect on iron. They are afraid that the reactor bottom will break, literally just break right out and dump everything. Because it’s now hot and it’s got salt on it and it’s got the ideal conditions for corrosion. So the big fear on Unit 3 is that it will break at the bottom and whatever else remains in it, which could be the entire core, could fall out suddenly. [...]" enenews.com...

So if anyone out there can possibly calm me down...and "Happy Thoughts"...would really appreciate it!!

- Purple Chive

No such luck Purple, this is just a waiting game. Here's the deal. Each of these reactors will eventually either breach their containment, or it's already in progress.

Once this happens, the fight is to try to build barriers to stop the radiation from exiting the building.

These are variable time bombs, all ticking to a different clock, and no one knows what the timer is set to.

What they should be doing RIGHT NOW, is to decide that these reactors are beyond repair, and start to contain them, before the cores melt through the containment, which is going to make erecting the needed barriers even more difficult once all of that melted mass is sitting on the floor exposed to everything.

Instead they are wasting this valuable time on silly endeavors meant to cover up the situation. They could have a vast majority of the entombment in place if they had started it weeks ago.

If anyone has taken the DISC management test, they need a HIGH D in there right the $#$%%^%@ now. Yeah, I'm a high D, but I'm not going anywhere near that place.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by matadoor

Well no Happy Thoughts then. Certainly keeping it quiet in the news. Unit 3 looks like it's probably gonna fall out real soon. 352 Fahrenheit....increasing around 16 degrees a day...

Unit 1 only 210 F but slowly increasing...www.tepco.co.jp...

Unit 2...they seem to feel the numbers aren't accurate and "malfunction"...www.tepco.co.jp...

So what happens when this crap entirely falls out? Have the rich and famous in Japan hauled ass out of the country yet? Got their Learjets on standby?

- Purple Chive

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Here you go Purple...Happy Thoughts...

Tokyo Electric Slumps Most on Record After Bankruptcy Concerns Resurface

Tokyo Electric Power Co. shares fell the most on record after the head of Japan’s biggest stock exchange said the utility should follow the same route as Japan Airlines Co. in 2010 and file for bankruptcy protection.

“There’s so much uncertainty surrounding what will happen with the utility that it’s impossible to analyze,” said Naoteru Teraoka, general manager at Tokyo-based Chuo Mitsui Asset Management Co., which oversees about $28 billion. “The stock moves whenever anybody opens their mouth. Bottom line: this is a bad story.”

Couldn't have happened to a more perfect company.

Tepco has slumped 90 percent, erasing about 3.1 trillion yen ($39 billion) in market value, since the March 11 earthquake and tsunami triggered the worst nuclear crisis in 25 years. The cost of dismantling the Fukushima plant may reach 20 trillion yen, and compensation for households in the 20-kilometer evacuation zone may total 630 billion yen over 10 years, according to the Japan Center for Economic Research. www.bloomberg.com...

How's that for a Happy Thought

Des
edit on 03/28/2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Des - so all the more reason and evidence that TEPCO doesn't really care and hasn't from the beginning they knew they were screwed. Just misinform long enough for most of the investors to bailout.

Wonder how many shares of TEPCO stock members of the Japanese cabinet held and when they sold them?

"FOLLOW THE MONEY"...

Despicable!!

- Purple Chive

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

It's funny, but what I simply can't believe is that none of these nuke scientists have a real clue as to what is going to happen once they breach containment.

I've read and heard so many conflicting arguments that it's tough to decide who is right or wrong.

And, no one has had this happen before, not like this. And, once containment is breached, they won't be able to get anything in there that can look to see what's happening, other than a robot that once it's inside, can't ever leave again, since where it will go is so very radioactive that the robot itself would become part of the tomb.

Is the concrete cracked? Yep, everyone thinks so because water is sure leaking out.

Will it hold up the the heat and weight of a completely melted core, and if so for how long? Will the core itself spread out, allowing the mass to spread out like lava, which would also cool down the reaction some?

Again, it's never happened before, no one really knows, and they have no way to get into the buildings to really see what's happening other than a robot suicide mission...

Edit, because I watched the movie Space Camp last night, and all I can picture is "Jinx" the robot saying "I will go into the reactor and save MAX"!!!

edit on 6-6-2011 by matadoor because: Space Camp reference...

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

"Follow the money..."

TEPCO stock holders....www.tepco.co.jp...

We need to find out the names of the 35 Central and Local Government individuals that held 3.2% or an average of 354,000 shares of TEPCO stock per individual...and when they sold...then we will know when there was no more hope.

Remember Tony Hayward selling his BP shares...www.telegraph.co.uk...

- Purple Chive

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Have taken bit of a posting hiatus, but have been reading every day; welcome to all the recent signups and great job to those of you who have continued posting!

It would be great for someone to go digging and see if they could find a list of who sold how many shares when of Tepco stock. Might provide some interesting reading...

Here are some ripples:

By JURO OSAWA TOKYO—Since the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear crisis, many global consumers have equated "Made in Japan" with "potentially radioactive," hurting business across the country.

Source

The main thing that the article leaves out is that Geiger counters and other "off the shelf" detectors do not measure dangerous alpha emitters so even if they came to be used then the most dangerous types of emissions wouldn't even be detected.

I signed up and posted that comment and included it in my Facebook post.

In regards to the general population, what I've found is that most people feel they don't know enough of even the basics of bow nuclear energy works.

Not only this, they feel as though they are too stupid to learn them. On top of this is the idea of "we have regulatory agencies to protect us" so they don't feel like they have to learn anything.

What I see is the outcome of our dumbed down public education system coupled with a deliberate deadening by the mass media to ensure that people in general do not look to the larger world and instead stay focused on their own selves or attempts to live vicariously through those they idolize.

When I try to engage people about this subject one of the main responses I get is a complete lack of interest for something that is happening across the Pacific. When I attempt to explain how we are affected by this event, most everyone does the snail maneuver and pulls back into their protective shell of movie stars and sports fanaticism.

Distract, delude, and disable seems to the modis operandi of TPTB to great success.

Keep up the good fight fellow collective brain cells and maybe we will begin to gain some momentum in our campaign to focus attention, fuel action and fight apathy.

As discussed in a conversation between myself and another, we are like suoerheros whose power is that of the meme and it is up to each of us to try to awaken in those whom we come incontact with and light a similar fire in them which obviously burns in those here present.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

The temps in R3 are very disconncerting, as is no pressure in 1, 2 and 3. Not sure where the corium is though. The temps at the top of the RPV in 3 are experiencing the greatest heat, yet if there is no pressure, then the corium, as well as Elvis, may have left the building. Not sure what it all means, and havent seen an explanation that might fit. I think the only thing we know for sure is that the fuel is not in its original form, and gravity and heat are guiding its movement.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

Here ya go Jaded and Purple....Top 10 TEPCO Share holders....link at bottom to detailed shareholder info...lot's of goodies...Direct link to TEPCO stock holder info. www.tepco.co.jp...

Top > Corporate Information > Investor Relations > Stock / Bond Information > Stock Information
Stock Information (As of March 31,2011)

Total 746,932
600,880 13,453,861
Major Shareholders (Top 10 Shareholders)
Name of Shareholder Number of
Shares Held
(Thousands)
Japan Trustee Services Bank, Ltd.(Trust Account) 57,963
The Dai-ichi Life Insurance Company, Limited 55,001
Nippon Life Insurance Company 52,800
The Master Trust Bank of Japan, Ltd.(Trust Account) 47,949
Tokyo Metropolitan Government 42,676
Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation 35,927
Employees Shareholding Association 24,793
SSBT OD05 OMNIBUS ACCOUNT – TREATY CLIENTS       24,087
Mizuho Corporate Bank, Ltd. 23,791
THE CHASE MANHATTAN BANK, N.A. LONDON SECS LENDING OMNIBUS ACCOUNT 22 webcache.googleusercontent.com...:M1Fzw6zZNfQJ:www.tepco.co.jp/en/corpinfo/ir/stock/stock-e.html+top+10+tepco+share+holders&cd=2&hl =en&ct=clnk&gl=us&source=www.google.com

edit on 03/28/2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

Yes Jaded - that is why I had to finally join this forum!! Most folks are totally clueless. And just like the BP oil spill...take it out of the main stream media and everyone thinks it has all been fixed, old news and everything honky dory again!!

Then I found this forum...lurked it for about 250 pages...and was astounded at the insight and comprehension of the people posting...I had to participate too!!

Most of my prior knowledge of nuclear power plants was acquired when I lived through TMI at a young age. And personally know the horrors of death by leukemia...

So complete accolades to every one of you and I feel very honored to be a part of this forum!!

Lurkers...if you have information, thoughts, opinions, frustrations about this cataclysmic situation that you feel you need to share...please join. You will be very welcomed...please remember to be polite and courteous...this planet desperately needs humans that treat each other with kindness and consideration.

- Purple Chive

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by zworld

It is rather simple, the answer is B.T.U.'s
In an "open" system, the available btu's are supplied by the primary and secondary fuel source. The max amount of B.T.U's for different sources of fuel are varied. ie a log will give x number of btus as will no.2 fuel oil,,etc
So a temp increase in an open system is produced by energy realeased by the fuel source.

If the temperature increases it is because the containment area is getting hotter and reflecting radiant heat,,

or more btu's are being generated from the primary sources of combustion.

Solution in most cases for this type of an emergency on a smaller scale, though no less dangerous, would be
1. remove source of fuel.
2. remove secondary fuel source, ie oxygen
3. allow controlled burn untill fuel source is not longer available

Sadly i do think that most of the TEPCO officials should at least understand basic combustion at this point.

top topics

<< 915  916  917    919  920  921 >>

join