It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 908.htm
<< 905  906  907    909  910  911 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

I've been away for a few days and am catching up on reading the thread too. Thanks all for the contributions.

Mike, your theories about meltdowns at 5 and 6 - I have wondered about as well. Especially when this report came out back around page 846.

Originally posted by DancedWithWolves
This story is outrageous and why was this man sent to handle water to cool reactors 5 and 6 which are supposedly in cold shutdown and somewhat functional? You know if one has come forward...there are more who have been lied to and sent to Fukushima.

Man made to work at Fukushima plant for 2 weeks without prior knowledge

OSAKA (Kyodo) -- An Osaka man was made to work at the crippled nuclear power plant in Fukushima Prefecture for about two weeks, when he had been expecting to work in neighboring Miyagi Prefecture, said a job placement center in Osaka on Monday.

The worker in his 60s received daily wages of about 24,000 yen, double the sum he was initially promised, but complained that the pay undervalued the work he did at the Fukushima plant, the Nishinari labor welfare center said after interviewing the man and the company that hired him.

"I was finally issued with a radiation dosimeter on my fourth day of work there," he was quoted as saying.

On March 17, the man accepted the offer of a job -- details of which had been posted at the agency -- in the Miyagi Prefecture town of Onagawa. Instead, he was immediately sent to the Fukushima Daiichi plant to work for six hours a day clad in protective gear, handling water to cool the Nos. 5 and 6 reactors there, the center said.

Source
edit on 9-5-2011 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

Additional details of at least two other men who came forward described that they were working hoses connected to water trucks for water as well for units 5 and 6. This man above was hired March 17. The earthquake and tsunami were March 11.

Does this work they were doing sound like efforts that match the description of work that you would expect to be necessary at two reactors that are said to be stable and in cold shut down? I have retained my doubts as well as news has slowly gotten out about work at those two reactors.

I am looking for TEPCO's daily reports on those days to check work described (underlined) in their releases and just noted that their report page is only archived now back to the April 17 publication of TEPCO's Roadmap towards Restoration from the Accident at Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station, as it was called.

If anyone wiggles around enough on their website or has saved reports about specific work at the plant for the two weeks or so beginning March 17 and could share links to those it would be great.

Our reports in this thread on March 16 and 17 describe the helicopter water drops on unit 3 and water cannons in route to aim at the spent fuel pool in 4. There was a lot of scrambling going on, possibly not a lot of scramming though - even in units 5 and 6.

We also have on-going reports of radiated water being removed from 5 and 6 and now stuck there and needing removed as they are out of room in storage tanks and what not until sometime in June they say.

Just thinking out loud, or rather, on-thread as well about what condition units 5 and 6 could really be in.

So explosion in #4 now again?

edit on 31-5-2011 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Chernobyl 'jumper' airs Fukushima fears

Must read!!! search.japantimes.co.jp...

And Mike - great sarcastic post!!

And keep getting:

"Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, root@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS) Server at atmc.jp Port 80"

While trying to access data on Unit 5...
atmc.jp...

Probably just temporary...hope...

- Purple Chive

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

DWW,

Some info on unit 5...not much but some...make sure you translate...

atmc.jp...
atmc.jp...
atmc.jp...
atmc.jp...

Don't think any of the units are hunky dory!!

- Purple Chive

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ThousandIslandSunny

Ok thank you very much.Ii thought I may be looking a bit to far into bit but hey, if you dont ask you dont get

its good to have somebody who is close to the action. Sorry to bother ya

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
TEPCO's new live web cam sure is interesting...nothing moves...clouds are stationary and so are all the leaves on the bushes. And of course the vantage point of the camera is marvelous!!

www.tepco.co.jp...

And what the heck happened to the TBS cam?
www.youtube.com.../l/-ZPYlazljME

Anyhow a tad disgusted. Lies...lies and lies....just like the BP oil spill.

And the little explosion at Unit 4 today/yesterday...

Disgusted...

Gonna go water my tomato plants. Something REAL.

- Purple Chive

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Purplechive

I agree lies lies lies...that is NOT a live web can from TEPCO...hopefully, it will go live soon.

Here is the link to the TBS/JNN web cam news.tbs.co.jp...

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
www.tepco.co.jp...

I am seeing birds flying by and the bushes are moving.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

I agree lies lies lies...that is NOT a live web can from TEPCO...hopefully, it will go live soon.

Ah ha...but it is live

web page here:

TEPCO Livecam

But

What you need to do is copy this address

http://***mfile.akamai.com/127380/live/reflector:51361.asx?bkup=52045&prop=a=

(put some stars in as can't get it to come up on here DELETE the 3 stars at the start)

and paste it into windows media player 'open URL'

You can also paste it into VLC player (streaming) but remove the http:// from the address.

each takes a bit of time to start up.

What have I seen so far - couple of guys walking along the path, in full suites and trying to chat (looked like early shift).

But, the most interesting thing was a giant mutant rat - oh yes - just as the sun came up and the cam switched to colour there was something that I think was a giant rat running along the pipes to the lower left (could have been a big cat but moved so quick I couldn't tell - lol).

edit on 31/5/11 by imlite because: (no reason given)

edit on 31/5/11 by imlite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
jen.jiji.com... Some more info to digest, on radioactivity in the basement.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by imlite

Well the heck with everything else!! I want to see the radiated, mutant rat!!

Now here's an idea...put some cameras and monitors on the critter and send it into the reactors? Oh yes, I forgot that would be animal cruelty....

- Purple Chive

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive
TEPCO's new live web cam sure is interesting...nothing moves...clouds are stationary and so are all the leaves on the bushes. And of course the vantage point of the camera is marvelous!!

www.tepco.co.jp...

And what the heck happened to the TBS cam?
www.youtube.com.../l/-ZPYlazljME

Anyhow a tad disgusted. Lies...lies and lies....just like the BP oil spill.

And the little explosion at Unit 4 today/yesterday...

Disgusted...

Gonna go water my tomato plants. Something REAL.

- Purple Chive

I get a lot of pixelation aberrations on the image edges viewing the TEPCO cam, I don't know if it's the cam or the Windoze Media causing the problem. TBS cam seems to be working, I hear birdies tweeting (on twitter?). The TBS cam is at a higher elevation, so it may be in low coastal stratus clouds at the moment. My SWAG is about 1.39 miles distant, ~250 ft elevation at a bearing of ~221º from Fukushima. There's a +200ft hill at that distance with a building complex on top. When that cam has a clear view, you can see the top of a cell tower that lines up with the SW corner of reactor #2 that you can derive the bearing from.
Des posted the direct link to the TBS cam.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by imlite

Originally posted by Destinyone

Ah ha...but it is live

web page here:

TEPCO Livecam

But

What you need to do is copy this address

http://***mfile.akamai.com/127380/live/reflector:51361.asx?bkup=52045∝=a=

(put some stars in as can't get it to come up on here DELETE the 3 stars at the start)

and paste it into windows media player 'open URL'

That works much better!

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

In my line of work we use oxygen/acetylene bottles all the time. I have never heard of a bottle "bursting". What can happen though, is the valve can be busted off, but there is no explosion. Oxygen bottles start out with a pressure of about 2200 pounds per square inch(psi). If the valve is busted off a newly filled bottle, you have an uncontrolled high powered rocket on your hands. All that pressure is escapeing through a very small oriface and if that bottle is not secured, get out of it's way. Doesn't matter how much pressure is in the bottle, it's not going to "burst". They did not have an oxygen bottle "burst". I know of a guy that took a newly filled bottle of oxygen up to the hills and used a rifle to shoot the valve off to see what it would do. It turned into a high powered rocket. 2200 psi is a lot of pressure.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive
reply to post by imlite

Well the heck with everything else!! I want to see the radiated, mutant rat!!

Now here's an idea...put some cameras and monitors on the critter and send it into the reactors? Oh yes, I forgot that would be animal cruelty....

- Purple Chive

Just checked out a few other forums and people have seen mutant rats, cats and a couple of skinny starving dogs. Most seen around the pipes to the bottom left but a few going into, and coming out of, the undergrowth to the right.

Probably abandoned pets and wildlife moving in where there are people, activity and the chance of food.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I know I keep on about this, but I cannot help thinking that there must be some other webcams available if only they can be found.

To get into Tepco's nooks and crannies, in google put the search phrase below and follow some of the links. In a large organisation, nothing is safe from Google search bots.

site:tepco.co.jp -www

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
New webcam right here.

www.youtube.com...

Different angle. Two reactor buildings in clear view only.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

www.tepco.co.jp... These are like bookends. Page 2.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Did you all see this from Michio Kaku on CNN
Some of the truth comes out on MSM!

edit on 31-5-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirCoxone

Originally posted by Silverlok

Originally posted by ThousandIslandSunny
reply to post by Silverlok

No, all of Japan is not highly irradiated. Tokyo is not highly irradiated. Nor is any of the south. Fukushima is, and there are a few areas, like Ibaraki which I would not go to for any reason right now.

Sacrificing the few here, for the many, is not something that would sit well with me. Sacrificing my children and my own life blowing that thing up would not be acceptable to me. There are real people here whose lives mean anything.

Im no shill. I just dont fancy bits of irradiated shrapnel flying round if that thing is entombed and blows up, which could and would kill INNOCENT people.

I dont belong here. Im not American, and my interests are not there either. My interests are wholly 3 children here who I am desperate to not get sick or die.

Good luck everyone and bye.

Really Japan is not highly irradiated? what do you base that information on ? after almost 900 pages in this thread and months of research on our end?

It is simply not true that the whole of Japan is highly irradiated. You make this claim, show your sources and where you have taken radiation readings from over a wide distance of Japan to come to this conclusion.

No doubt there are some very hot areas around Fuku and no one has any idea of the scale of water contamination of the coast but your claim that the whole of JP is highly irradiated is wild and without factual basis.

If I am wrong show me hard figures to prove it.

time warp...lets do the time warp again....

The hard figures will be multitudes of deaths , conveniently ignored by the government covering it's own ass (as it has proven itself highly willing to do if not capable of so far) or the corporations PR inducing profit motive in the same areas, over the next few decades . THE SAME AS CHERNOBYL EXCEPT FUKUSHIMA IS MAGNITUDES OF ORDERS WORSE....because it is a constant ( 24/7) radiation release source.

but for hard data now ...how much plutonium , uranium , strontium , and Americanium does Tokyo have on a regular basis ? and how much does it have now ?

one atom of plutionium in tokyo should be an alert , perhaps not a massive one , but measurements of ANY plutonium mean " radiation is a concern that must be taken into account " which is a sentence that will apply to Japan for the rest of most peoples life times....

but as to your request I will start an analysis on the temperature , containment and release protocols at fukushma and given the best hard evidence ( as physics sets minimums and maximums ) as to how much "highly radioactive", means .

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverlok

You know what, Ive tried to help as best I can with getting a balanced view out there, helping find information and dispel various wierd and wonderful ideas - such as Asahara being anything but a mass murderer. Ive tolerated people calling me a super shill, a disinformation agent.

I am going to leave you all to calling Japanese people `nips` (as per another thread), suggesting blowing up the reactors, worrying about a typhoon which was not going to blow strong winds, and generally overstating a situation which needs no overstating. Or how about how Tokyo was meant to disappear in a massive quake...and the day passed...and the next prediction passed....

Silverlok, I KNOW that Tokyo is ok, as long as precautions are taken with food and rain, and I dislike the creation of panic and overreaction.

I am NOT going to bother trying to help out at all anymore.

A very kind poster here persuaded me to stay before, but no bloody way am I going to stay and help out here.

top topics

<< 905  906  907    909  910  911 >>

join