It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 903.htm
<< 900  901  902    904  905  906 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by imlite

My friend....I'll need alot more conviencing than that

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

Take this with a pinch of salt but it's all I could find for the time being.....

______beforeitsnews/story/665/884/Japanese_Government_Pays_60_Trillion_Yen_to_Stop_More_H.A.A.R.P._Attacks.html

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by PresumedInnocent
reply to post by ThousandIslandSunny

Thank you for answering my earlyer questions. I have a few more, a bit off topic but related to the action/inaction of the Japanese gov't.. This relates not just to the nuclear refugees, but the thousands left destitute by the tsunami. Are there rebuilding programs, what are the plans for future construction in not just the radiation affected areas but the flood damaged parts. Then there is the question of the sections of land on the coast that seem to be permanently underwater. Lastly, what now is the death toll, and the numbers of missing persons. Good luck, and keep doing what you think is right to protect your family.

With regards to the tsunami victims - there are temporary pre-fab homes being put up as quickly as possible. Names are put into a lottery to get one of these units. What has to be remembered here is that the entire infrastructure, sewage, water, gas, electric lines, everything is gone or ruined. So these units had to be hooked up and the infrastructure put into place. This building, from what we see on the news pictures, is happening very very quickly, but there are a lot of people to house. The units, for what its worth, actually look quite nice, and definately liveable. A certain global furniture company has kitted them out with essential goods and the red cross has put applicances in. They ARE making a huge effort, but it is not going to be quick.

The debris has to be cleared before rebuilding can start in earnest. This IS being done, but the scale of the task is massive. The government and private citizens are putting a lot into clearing up and sorting out things there, I can at least say that for them. There are people still in shelters, and there will be for some time. It WILL be rebuilt. Kan is trying to get his bill through to fund post quake and tsunami reconstruction, but this is not being eased through as easily as it could be. Personally I think Japan needs to accept the help of other countries to clear the debris and start putting infrastructure back up. Get some teams in from abroad.

There is some debate whether or not to rebuild in areas which are most vulnerable to future tsunami. Some residents have lived in these areas their whole lives and want to go back. Obviously the argument is do not rebuild where the tsunami wiped out, as it could happen again.

There are sections of land which are now waterlogged - Chiba is previously very expensive land which has this problem. Subsidence is a huge problem, many houses are going to have to be pulled down. We know people whose house survived, but the drains do not drain water, they are using a chemical toilet in the garden, and the house has to be pulled down because of liquifaction. Those people are going to pull the house down as has been advised...and rebuild it in the same place. Crazy, in my opinion. Other areas which were near the sea are now being flooded at high tide, fish getting washed up on doorsteps. Clearly these areas are not liveable. I have not heard of anything being done to move these people.

Death toll? Pretty common knowledge that off the top of my head just over 10,000 people are still missing with about 16 thousand confirmed dead, I think.

As far as protecting my family, not much choice in staying here. Leaving would mean destroying my marriage, being homeless and penniless with children to provide for. I have nowhere to go, and no means to support myself if I do go, that is even if I had the air fare, or we could get visas for children. I would LOVE to leave, but I cant without the support of the old man. If he took the risk, we could leave, and not be homeless, nor penniless, but we would have to give up his career here, and it would bring us to breaking point financially, even if the whole family could get visas to go somewhere else, which is not so easy.

If it comes to it, Ill head south with the children, and find work and housing, even this would be very difficult financially for me. Right now there is not enough evidence that Tokyo is immediately dangerous if proper precautions are taken.

I am very very angry that contaminated food is on the shelves and Ibaraki are allowed to harvest seaweed which will be a sponge for iodine 131. Im very angry that I have to spend hours checking where the food is from. Any food from Fukushima, chiba, Ibaraki, Tokyo needs to be destroyed, or at least have the levels of contaminants on it in a very big clear label. Im very angry that schools are forcing kids to sit in contaminated schools, but happy enough to homeschool as I will not let my kids sit in that. I also do not trust teachers to save my kids if a big quake hits, they certianly didnt save kids in Sendai. Those that survived in schools were down to pure luck.

The government are not giving out earthquake hoods to children, nor are they easily obtainable. Whistles and the like should be on sale everywhere. Im happy to pay, but make this stuff easy to get hold of. I mean in bargin bins in supermarkets, or the local ward office. The fact the government is pushing Fukushima produce is disgusting - they are doing the hard sell on tv and diplomatically. That said Kan, Edano, and even old Ishihara could be a lot worse than they are.

Lastly, Im happy to answer questions, but please will you confirm you are not a journalist? Thanks.
edit on 27-5-2011 by ThousandIslandSunny because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

They are actually letting the workers use the "lounge area" at the Fukushima Plant? How absurd!

The truth is slowly going to come out about how awfully these workers have been exposed to radiation. It's a disgrace!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SFA437

Originally posted by qmantoo
Dont think this has been posted already here today.
Fire at No 1 on 27th at 10am
www.tepco.co.jp...

Errr.....

How the hell are they saying 1 thru 4 are in cold shutdown? 1, 2 and 3 have either dropped the corium onto the floor of the damn containment or blew it out through the top

That report is actually for Fukushima Daini. It looks like this was a fire at a separate facility.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Here are a few photos from the .pdf I linked in one of my previous posts:

You will notice the clear damage surrounding the man hole cover which is clear indication of subsurface damage to the drains and other subterranean infrastructure.

This is actually two separate images, one of which is very similar in location to one of the pictures I found posted in Panarimo using Google Earth.

You will notice that the reactor building in the foreground still has it's upper structure intact, so I would surmise that that particular photo was taken prior to the hydrogen explosion at R1 (the reactor I believe to be in the foreground of the top portion of the above photo.

The lower portion of the photo is looking back toward the turbine building from the direction of the sea, so it is possible the damage we see on the ramp leading up is the result of the tsunami.

The following is a series from the security cams (that have been the subject of much debate) taken during the arrival of the tsunami:

You can see how much destruction the water was able to wreak. If you look through the report, you will notice that I skipped a few in the sequence. I felt that their inclusion would not substantially lessen the impact of the existing photos.

In the following image you will find a screencap of page 37 of the report (it's a 87 pages long). You will notice that the highest level of tesunami the plant was designed for (5.7 meters) was nearly tripled by the actual tsunami height (14-15 meters) where the site level of the reactors is 10 meters. This resulted in an inundation height for the area immediately surrounding the reactors of 4-5 meters.

I would really like to see some of our more technically minded posters take a look at the report and see what else can be gleaned form it's pages.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
NEW video of Fukushima reactor unit 1 spraying

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
M 4.7, off the east coast of Honshu, Japan

Saturday, May 28, 2011 10:01:59 UTC
Saturday, May 28, 2011 07:01:59 PM at epicenter

Depth: 35.10 km (21.81 mi)

Posted on 28 May 2011 | 10:01 am

M 4.8, Izu Islands, Japan region

Saturday, May 28, 2011 08:17:00 UTC
Saturday, May 28, 2011 05:17:00 PM at epicenter

Depth: 40.40 km (25.10 mi)

Posted on 28 May 2011 | 8:17 am

M 4.7, off the east coast of Honshu, Japan

Saturday, May 28, 2011 08:04:38 UTC
Saturday, May 28, 2011 06:04:38 PM at epicenter

Depth: 35.00 km (21.75 mi)

Posted on 28 May 2011 | 8:04 am

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Reactor safety based on memo:

TOKYO: Japanese nuclear regulators trusted that the reactors at the Fukushima Daiichi complex were safe from the worst waves an earthquake could muster based on a single-page memo from the plant operator nearly 10 years ago.

In the December 19, 2001, document - a double-sized page obtained under Japan's public records law - Tokyo Electric Power Company (Tepco) rules out the possibility of a tsunami large enough to knock the plant offline, and gives scant details to justify this conclusion.

Despite advances in earthquake and tsunami science, the document was never updated. When Tepco revisited tsunami preparedness last year, it was a cursory check.

''There was an attitude of disrespecting nature,'' said Kobe University professor emeritus Katsuhiko Ishibashi, who has sat on government nuclear safety advisory panels.

AP

www.smh.com.au...

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
URGENT ALERT

This is Arnie Gundersens newest video. It is his presentation to the NRC on the dire situation at Fukushima...he is totally trashed by the NRC. He is presenting his opinion on the same type of reactors in the U.S. They did NOT want him at the meeting, and did everything they could to stop his presentation. This is DEPLORABLE! The NRC will be getting a scathing letter from me, and every MSM I can find.

www.fairewinds.com... Sorry it is a vimeo, not utube couldn't post video go to link to view

Fuming mad...Des

edit on 03/28/2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Mama Nature ain't through yet...

M 5.0, off the east coast of Honshu, Japan
36.254°N 142.073°E

Saturday, May 28, 2011 13:46:07 UTC
Saturday, May 28, 2011 10:46:07 PM at epicenter

Depth: 31.90 km (19.82 mi)

Posted on 28 May 2011 | 1:46 pm

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Sry for reply rather than POST, but I can't post as a noob, fut found this disturbing report by the Australia
Federal Police adn SBS News:

APRIL1ST - and remember (IT's still "SAFE"to send children to school here in late May) ... BULL# :

'1,000 bodies' around Fukushima
01 April 2011 | 06:45:44 AM | Source: AFP
Up to 1,000 bodies of victims of Japan's quake and tsunami remain uncollected in the exclusion zone around a stricken nuclear plant because of radiation fears, a report said.

.Analysis : Fukushima radiation consequences
Fukushima to be scrapped: Japan
Citing police sources, Kyodo News said that authorities had intended to transport the bodies outside the 20-kilometre evacuation zone imposed around the Fukushima power station, but were reconsidering the plan.

The bodies had been "exposed to high levels of radiation after death", the report quoted a source as saying, adding elevated levels of radioactivity were found Sunday on the body of a victim about five kilometres from the plant.

Local police decided not to retrieve that body because of the radiation, the report said.

Over 28,000 people have been confirmed dead or listed as missing since the twin natural disasters which hit on March 11, devastating the northeast coast and crippling the atomic plant, which has since been leaking radiation.

Workers have struggled to cool the plant, prevent a large-scale meltdown and dispose of thousands of tonnes of highly contaminated run-off water, while radioactive substances have tainted foodstuffs and groundwater nearby.

Japan said Thursday the plant would be scrapped following the crisis.

Authorities are considering decontaminating the bodies in the nuclear exclusion zone where they are found, but are concerned that the process could damage decomposing bodies further, hampering identification, Kyodo said.

If the bodies were handed back to relatives without decontamination, cremating them could spread plumes containing radioactive substances, while burying them might contaminate the soil, the report added.

After the tsunami transported some victims long distances, and families were separated by the wave of destruction, many in the disaster-hit region have spent the time since the disaster seeking signs of their missing friends and family.

source page : www.sbs.com.au...'1,000-bodies'-around-Fukushima

REMEBER: 1st of April

Peace out
Citz:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Very active today...2 more...

M 5.0, off the east coast of Honshu, Japan
37.338°N 143.657°E

Saturday, May 28, 2011 14:56:05 UTC
Sunday, May 29, 2011 12:56:05 AM at epicenter

Depth: 35.10 km (21.81 mi)

Posted on 28 May 2011 | 2:56 pm

M 4.6, off the east coast of Honshu, Japan

Saturday, May 28, 2011 14:18:36 UTC
Sunday, May 29, 2011 12:18:36 AM at epicenter

Depth: 34.60 km (21.50 mi)

Posted on 28 May 2011 | 2:18 pm

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Not at all sure about this latest still shot. Looks a bit weird. Is that fog or smoke? Will have to see what the next one looks like in 45mins. Live cam doesn't reveal anything.

www.coolwebcams.net...

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by scotland48

Thats not fog or smoke........

HAARP at work again?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by scotland48

looks to me like raindrops on the lens

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellhound604

Yes, looked at it again and you're probably right.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

But look at those two lines going across the sky, they don't look normal to me

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Fukushima live web cam...It's 5:50am in Japan. Turn up speakers, you'll hear rain, and a few birdies in a nest near the camera...you'll see fog, nothing but solid fog.

news.tbs.co.jp...

Des

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

But look at those two lines going across the sky, they don't look normal to me

Sometimes long lines seen in the web cam/photos, above and behind the reactors IN THE OCEAN, are side currents in the water. The currents go in all kinds of directions depending on the time of year. Some side currents can look like parallel lines in the sky, when actually they are in the ocean extending up and out to the horizon.

Des

new topics

top topics

<< 900  901  902    904  905  906 >>

join