posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by nuclearinfo

Great info. Thank you.

link   
Just here to make this announcement.

Prediction: Japan is about to have a new island to the East

I feel this is relevant to the thread. As you were.

edit on 11-3-2011 by wayouttheredude because: dyslexic

link   
reply to post by welshbeliever

Poor Japan.
I really hope the people are being evacuated or secured safely without too many casualties.
This has to be like Armageddon to the poor people. Dx

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnhancedInterrogator
reply to post by SkunkSense

Thanks man!
I must point out however, that most of the sources being cited (at least the one's I'm citing), are all "PTB" (powers-that-be) sources.

PS: Yes, I am just another "alias" on jude11's account.
edit on 2011-3-11 by EnhancedInterrogator because: (no reason given)

Crap! I knew it was only a matter of time before one of you got loose and went rogue. Back I say! Get back in your hole!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Another update/press-release from Tepco ...
Impact to TEPCO's Facilities due to Miyagiken-Oki Earthquake (as of 10AM, local/Tokyo time)

Nothing we really haven't heard up until now.

Regarding "Fukushima Daiichi" plant: 10 kilometers evacuation zone, also ...

Considering the increasing pressure with in the reactor containment vessel of Unit 1, the national government has instructed us to implement measures to reduce the pressure of the reactor containment vessel (partial discharge of air containing radioactive materials) in order to fully secure safety.

Regarding "Fukushima Daini" plant: 3 kilometer evacuation zone, recommending people out at 10 kilometer "stand-by" (because it might be extended to that range), also ...

At present, we have decided to prepare implementing measures to reduce the pressure of the reactor containment vessel (partial discharge of air containing radioactive materials) in order to fully secure safety. These measures are considered to be implemented in Units 1 to 4 and accordingly, we have reported and/or noticed the government agencies concerned.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
[Crap! I knew it was only a matter of time before one of you got loose and went rogue. Back I say! Get back in your hole!

Monters from the Id my friend, monsters from the Id.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by EnhancedInterrogator

they have everyone evacuated so they can do their dirty work in radiation..

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bicent76
they have everyone evacuated so they can do their dirty work in radiation..

Shhhh! haven't you read my signature line?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by EnhancedInterrogator

Been looking at it too, though i noticed a slight discrepancy in the posts, might be due to translation taking time, i dont know, i just dont see the same posts in english as japaneese.

translate.google.com... && www.tepco.co.jp...

This is pretty much the best article ive read about it btw. www.news4jax.com...
And this just in " TEPCO: some fuel may have been damaged at reactor" www.reuters.com...
edit on 11-3-2011 by strangeness because: Added stuff

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Any modern and western reactor (and this includes Japanese reactors) will be able to be shut down in seconds. However, the fuel will still be generating a significant amount of what is known as decay heat. This heat isn't caused by a nuclear chain reaction, but instead the decay of short-lived, highly radioactive elements. If this heat isn't transferred away from the reactor, eventually the fuel will heat up to the point it melts. The cooling systems all use electricity, which can be obtained by emergency diesel generators, batteries, and the electric power grid.

There are two Fukushima power plants, Daini and Daiichi. The situation at Daini is under control. However from what I understand, at Daiichii the grid went down, all emergency diesel generators failed, hence they have had to rely on battery power. Batteries last about 8 hours I think. Apparently they had to transport batteries and generators from other sources to the reactor to keep the cooling systems running. Radioactive gases (or gases with radioactive particles suspended in them) built up in the containment building, so they had to vent them to relieve pressure.

Wonder what will happen next...

good article here

www.latimes.com...
edit on 11/3/11 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I have my own preceptions of the catrosohic episode.
It really doens't matter to me how others precieve this episode no matter what they want to argue.

To each it's own. That does not change my mind. I have been with atune with nature ever since I can remember (5 years old). And I am now 52.

So if someone wants to debunk my feelings, so go for it. I stand by my feelings and always will.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303
Not to say it will actually take place but what happens during a nuclear meltdown?

Chernobil

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Apparantly;

... the situation is not serious enough to warrant release of the ECCS. By bringing in the portable generators, they can supplement the power to the secondary system pumps and avoid a lot of later complications in the post-event cleanup/maintenance. Note that boiling water reactors like this can maintain some pump action without electricity, by using steam from the residual reactor heat to turn a turbine. Quite a neat system actually.

bravenewclimate.com...

ECCS = Emergency Core Cooling System,

Originally posted by theRhenn

Originally posted by Fitch303
Not to say it will actually take place but what happens during a nuclear meltdown?

Chernobil

Most of the radiation at Chernobyl was not released due to the melt-down, but occurred because the reactor exploded sending debris everywhere, went out of control while exposed to the open air, while the graphite moderator was reacting with the water creating a fire. Don't bother to post one liners especially if they're wrong, at that.
edit on 11/3/11 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
ummm Chernobil had a meltdown right? He asked... What would happen durring a meltdown. The closest possible answer refers to chernobil.

If the question warrants one word or one line, sorry to say, that's what I will give. Why muck it up with bull#?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

Depending in who you believe apparently... These reports are so conflicting it hurts my hair. . .
www.reuters.com...
Experts and the government both insisted there would be no radioactive disaster.

"No Chernobyl is possible at a light water reactor. Loss of coolant means a temperature rise, but it also will stop the reaction," Naoto Sekimura, a professor at the University of Tokyo, said.

"Even in the worst-case scenario, that would mean some radioactive leakage and equipment damage, but not an explosion. If venting is done carefully, there will be little leakage. Certainly not beyond the 3 km radius."

Oooor

www.reuters.com...
"Scientist warns of "Chernobyl-like" disaster (1:57)

Mar 11 - A disaster on the scale of Chernobyl could happen if authorities fail to contain a leak at two nuclear plants in Japan, Edwin Lyman, a senior staff scientist at the Union of Concerned Scientists said. Rough cut"

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkunkSense
reply to post by jude11

I have my own preceptions of the catrosohic episode.
It really doens't matter to me how others precieve this episode no matter what they want to argue.

To each it's own. That does not change my mind. I have been with atune with nature ever since I can remember (5 years old). And I am now 52.

So if someone wants to debunk my feelings, so go for it. I stand by my feelings and always will.

uh...not debunking your post my friend. I think there may have been a misunderstanding as my sense of humor gets away from me sometimes.

G'nite all! Gotta hit the fart sack.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
well I am going to wait and see what happens in the morning, I need to get some Zzz's good thread, S&F.

Lets hope everything settles and all is ok nuclear wise for Japan.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

www.reuters.com...
"Scientist warns of "Chernobyl-like" disaster (1:57)

Mar 11 - A disaster on the scale of Chernobyl could happen if authorities fail to contain a leak at two nuclear plants in Japan, Edwin Lyman, a senior staff scientist at the Union of Concerned Scientists said. Rough cut"

Is it just me, or is all the doom and gloom stuff people keep referencing coming from one source? That source being the “Union of Concerned Scientist”

I ignored them at first, but I keep seeing everyone quote them via one news source or another. Their chant of “the sky is falling” is kind of sticking out like a sore thumb. They are 180 degrees from what everyone else is stating.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I would like to take seconde, to send all the people of japan the best of courage, hope you guys in japan have
toth of some sorte of a scenario involving the ss#. And will soon be on top of it... still would like to be
able to lend a hand to the poor victimes...

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join