It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 892.htm
<< 889  890  891    893  894  895 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

My thinking is yes. The poolium is sitting in bedrock, the condition of, no one knows. Smoldering is what I call it. To even think they can control it is ludicrous. They lost that option over two months ago. All the time eating, back-room deals took that off the table. I "feel" the ex-lax of prying eyes, including all of us, are starting to have their effect. Hopefully, MSM will start picking up on this crisis.

Des

edit on 03/28/2011 by Destinyone because: sp

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertwog

Thank You Wert for posting Arnie's new video. To the folks who posted that Arnie had been influenced by TPTB...see, you were wrong. If you watch this new vid, Arnie states, that the lack of new releases of updates, was solely based on equipment failure, not his being reined in by nefarious people. He also stated, that now, with the new video equipment, purchased with help from many donations he will be back to timely, informative videos.

Des

edit on 03/28/2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SirCoxone

They now switched the measurements: Reactor No. 1 drywell, not suppression chamber, now at 192 Sieverts per hour enenews.com...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Another ahah moment...TEPCO treated anyone asking questions before, like irksome fleas. Now, the way I see it, enough "fleas" can drain you dry....bite fleas, bite, I tell you!

UPDATE 3-UN safety agency begins probe into Fukushima meltdowns

Tue May 24, 2011 7:30am EDT

* Tepco confirms meltdown took place early on in crisis

* Tepco reiterates tsunami knocked out cooling systems after quake

* Japan appoints academic to head investigation panel (Recasts with start of IAEA probe)

By Kevin Krolicki and Shinichi Saoshiro

TOKYO, May 24 (Reuters) - Three of six reactors at a Japanese nuclear plant damaged in a March 11 earthquake and tsunami suffered metldowns within days, the plant's operator said on Tuesday, raising questions about why the extent of the disaster was not disclosed sooner. www.reuters.com...

Des...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Ripples......or better yet, another nail in TEPCO'S coffin...PM Kan is getting weaker in promoting nuclear energy.

Japan eyeing plan for solar panels on all new buildings-Nikkei

TOKYO | Sat May 21, 2011 11:02pm EDT

TOKYO May 22 (Reuters) - Japan, seeking to promote renewable energy as it struggles with the world's worst nuclear crisis in decades, may this week announce a plan to make solar panels compulsory on the roofs of all new buildings by 2030, the Nikkei newspaper said on Sunday.
www.reuters.com...

Des

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
...more ripples......

What Fukushima's Triple Meltdown Means
Posted by Krista Mahr Tuesday, May 24, 2011 at 6:39 am

A satellite image of the damage at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant. (DigitalGlobe)

Two weeks after announcing the meltdown of fuel inside Fukushima's No. 1 reactor, Tokyo Electric Power Company (TEPCO) has said there have very likely been partial meltdowns at the other two reactors that were operating when the crisis began on March 11 as well. A spokesman for TEPCO, Japan's largest power company that has come under fire for its management of the crippled plant, said fuel rods at reactor No. 3 started melting March 13, two days after the 9.0 earthquake and ensuing tsunami struck the plant. Fuel rods at No. 2 probably started melting a day later, on March 14.

More wishful thinking.

So why does the bad news from Fukushima keep coming? The utility says it is only starting to understand what it's dealing with. The problem with a nuclear accident is that the damage gets done early, and fast. Even after the makeshift cooling system started to work, TEPCO knew there was damage to the fuel inside the reactors, but, they say, it wasn't until radiation inside the reactor buildings dropped to safe enough levels for workers to go in and take measurements that the company could start to ascertain the problem. Some have argued that the release of the information was timed to have the least impact, now that life in Japan has started to get back to normalcy. “The situation will gradually be getting better,” says Dr. Bing Luk, TITLE TK. “As long as they keep the system cool, then it will just stay as is. In a few years, maybe they can start thinking about retrieving some of the fuel rods.”

Bite fleas...BITE!

For now, barring any significant discovery of a breach in one of the vessels or a major leak into the environment, the discouraging news trickling out of the plant doesn't mean things are actively getting worse. It just means we're finding out how bad they are.

Read more: ecocentric.blogs.time.com...

Des

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Des and team...I found another rabbit hole...need help following this one when you have a moment. It is raw unconfirmed info. Translated and Not an easy follow. Any help appreciated. The radiation revelations are a mite scary.

(Mark, you should see how much this Julie S has been sending me about it all, and she bought radiation detection equipment and has been making some startling measurements on her own in Southern California...you might want to ask her what she's seen...Woz)
---begin forwarded text

Medical conspiracies fukuleaks cover up
link to Steve Wozniak re the NEW Japanese Wikileaks FUKULEAKS reveals that all the media and scientists were threatened/and or paid off and has the missing radiation readings and tons of MAJOR DIRT! It names names. See below.
Fukuleaks

What is said about this fukuleaks:

I received a warning email regarding telling the truth and many scientists, media etc are being harassed and intimidated. Read these docs on the wiki-the scientists have been lying about the science and are all being paid off.

I am measuring .5 rems per hr here in LA today. You need a CDV-715 to measure these readings, regular geigers max out and become saturated giving low false readings. I pray Steve you are in a bunker as you are a National Treasure imo. If not get to the southern tip of New Zealand asap.

Link to FUKULeaks, a Wikileaks type site for the massive coverup of the Worldwide Nuclear Disaster taking place in Japan. In these docs the media, scientists, politicians and business people are being bought off for their silence. If they refuse according to the documents their reputation is attacked and destroyed, their lives possibly threatened. I myself have received an anonymous email warning me to keep quiet about this link that I discovered on a science blog. No one else has posted this wiki so it is up to me I guess. It is a desperate plea from Japan for help.
> This isn¹t just about Japan, or the U.S. and Canada. It affects the ENTIRE world. The information should be available to the public and the various academic communities. It is a matter of great moral urgency that the cover-up be stopped, for the sake of our future and the human race. Mankind so far has been irresponsible and proven he is unable to learn from past mistakes and to be a good caretaker to nuclear power. Science should do the right thing and be impartial and not a religion that bows down to industry, job opportunities and graft. Science needs to get back to its roots otherwise what will the future look like if this is covered up? It won¹t get better unless people are willing to be ethical and do the right thing and not be afraid to speak out due to intimidation or threats.
> Remember the Apollo incident? There were eureka moments that saved them from their dire circumstances. How can we do that now if our great minds have their heads buried in the sand, put there by Tepco? The global scientific community must be fully informed and given accurate data so that we have a chance at stopping this terrible tragedy as soon as possible. Now is not the time to hide things. All of us must come together at this time as we are all in this together. There are some things we can do to protect us to a degree. The public should be fully informed worldwide. There is no safe place away from this, Japan¹s and North America¹s problem is already spreading to Europe and beyond. Fallout knows no borders.
> Anyone who is working for people who expect them to keep silent or falsify data, please wake up your sleeping conscience, you are not doing the right thing. Take the example of the honest Japanese advisor who resigned and the rare honest politician that attempted to blow the whistle on a high-density radiation release on May 8th on his blog. These people are heroes and should be greatly admired.
> Good luck to us all, may the heroes in the world speak truth, and let¹s work together at making a better planet and future. Humanity has faced tough times before in history and known hardship and helped one another. We are all in this together. Be strong and have courage and hope for the future. Let¹s not point fingers as we are all in part responsible by if nothing else our silence and our blindness to what is going on around us. Instead let¹s get working on that Œeureka¹ solution. We have no time to waste.

Source

Again, the above is an unconfirmed data source with links to the names of major players in this disaster and information on who paid them off??? Silverlok here are a few names for you to peruse. Let me know if anyone can confirm what is on this site.

Fukuleaks !!! First good use of the word "leaks" and Fukushima I have seen.

Thanks

reply to post by ADEzor

Originally found the above through the link you posted - comments section. Thanks!
edit on 24-5-2011 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-5-2011 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

Thanks DWW...I'm hopping down the rabbit hole you found. Will post what I find.

ETA: one twist down the rabbit hole you found....Excellent This rabbit hole, you found, has an extensive network of warrens...

This list with links, contains hundreds of well know, highly placed people apposed to nuclear crap being shoved down our throats....these are BIG FLEAS...

Anti-nuclear scientist journalist
【反原発の学者、ジャーナリスト】 [Anti-nuclear scientists, a journalist;

学者・研究者 Scholars and Researchers

Journalists, cultural figures translate.google.com...

I'll be digging for days...what fun! I'll find a few "key" folks to start touching base with.

Des

edit on 03/28/2011 by Destinyone because: link

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I have been gone and now catching up.

Another nail in the coffin for the "nuclear renaissance"

www.greenpeace.org...

Whew, man I grew up listening to Carlin and he is/ was a genious, God have mercy on his soul.
Thank you for the vid clip it gives you chills don't it?
I checked the Green peace sight and got nothing on samples? Anyone have information or do we need to worry about another cover, duh, of course we do, I just hope Greenpeace at least can get the real readings back.

youtu.be...
edit on 24-5-2011 by rbrtj because: don't want to take up space keep up the fight and good work.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
201 Sv/h at Hukushima?

Reactor 1 201 Sv/h

5-10 Sv/h will kill you...

Is this the Radiation readings from inside the cores that is insanely high. Wouldn't the other reactors Radiation increase a ton with such a high radiation reading from #1

And when did this occur? On the 23rd is it still in meltdown?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Woo Hoo...Just watching Fox News...ticker on bottom of tv screen breaking news re TEPCO confirms 2 more meltdowns.....and here is May 24, MSNBC...those pesky fleas

Tepco confirms meltdowns at 2 more Fukushima reactors
By Shinichi Saoshiro
Reuters
updated 5/24/2011 3:05:17 AM ET 2011-05-24T07:05:17

TOKYO — The operator of the nuclear power plant at the center of a radiation scare after being disabled by Japan's earthquake and tsunami confirmed Tuesday that there had been meltdowns of fuel rods at three of its reactors.

Tokyo Electric Power Co said of the crisis, but the utility, also known as Tepco, had only confirmed a meltdown at the No.1 reactor.

Tepco officials said a review since early May of data from the plant concluded the same happened to reactors No.2 and 3.

And the reason TEPCO utterly mislead the public, is stated below....

"Now people are used to the situation. Nothing is resolved, but normal business has resumed in places like Tokyo," said Koichi Nakano, a political science professor at Tokyo's Sophia University.

Nakano said that by confirming the meltdowns now, Tepco may be hoping the news will have less impact. The word "meltdown" has such a strong connotation that when the situation was more uncertain more people would likely have fled Tokyo, he said.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Des

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by rbrtj
I have been gone and now catching up.

Another nail in the coffin for the "nuclear renaissance"

www.greenpeace.org...

rbrtj I really enjoyed that Greenpeace article, now check out the spin machine in action in

this article from Kansas City Star.

edit on 24-5-2011 by AlaskanDad because: spelling and code

edit on 24-5-2011 by AlaskanDad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AlaskanDad

Good find AD.

Excellent article for the most part. Rep Ed Markey is a great advocate for putting a hold on this project, until all the ramifications of Fukushima can be completely assessed. Westinghouse is not happy with the not pushing through their reactor design...they thought it would be business as usual at the NRC.

NRC questions new nuclear reactor design
By RAY HENRY
Associated Press

Westinghouse Electric Co. must fix problems with its new nuclear reactor design before regulators decide whether the system can be used for the next generation of nuclear power plants, the chairman of a federal panel said Friday.

Read more: www.kansascity.com...

U.S. Rep. Ed Markey, D-Mass., praised the NRC's decision to more carefully review the reactor design. The nuclear power critic has called for a moratorium on licensing until regulators can fully study the accident in Japan.

"We must ensure that any nuclear power plant in this country can withstand a catastrophic impact and abides by the absolute highest standards for safety and security," Markey said in a statement.

Even good ole Scott Burnell couldn't push it through....this is good news.

NRC officials took issue with the shield building, a concrete-and-steel structure meant to protect sensitive reactor parts from damage caused by a hurricane, tornado or even the impact of a hijacked jetliner.

In recent reports, NRC staffers said Westinghouse did not properly account for the combined stresses of an earthquake coupled with forces caused when materials change temperature.

"We're not saying that represents some huge problem, but it is something that needs to analyzed," NRC spokesman Scott Burnell said Friday.

Read more: www.kansascity.com...

If you would like to email Rep Ed Markey, let him know you support his actions...well, here his email form/page.

ETA...any ATSers from Japan who may send him an email, it would let him know that EVERYONE is concerned about nuclear reactors.

markey.house.gov...

Des

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
It is just insane to watch day after day these reactors billowing radioactive steam and smoke and no evidence that any attempt is being made to stop it.

There are no airplanes, helicopters, trucks, cranes or signs of activity. Pictures of the place today don't look any better than a month ago.

Gorbachev sent 600,000 "liquidators" in to take care of Chernobyl.

There should be a multitude of people working in NASA astronaut suits, instead of these ridiculous paper thin things.

It is surreal...

- Purple Chive

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DancedWithWolves

(Mark, you should see how much this Julie S has been sending me about it all, and she bought radiation detection equipment and has been making some startling measurements on her own in Southern California...you might want to ask her what she's seen...Woz)
I received a warning email regarding telling the truth and many scientists, media etc are being harassed and intimidated. Read these docs on the wiki-the scientists have been lying about the science and are all being paid off.

I am measuring .5 rems per hr here in LA today. You need a CDV-715 to measure these readings, regular geigers max out and become saturated giving low false readings. I pray Steve you are in a bunker as you are a National Treasure imo. If not get to the southern tip of New Zealand asap.

DWW, can you point me to this? Try as I might, I couldn't find it.
edit on 5/24/2011 by Finalized because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Multiple 10-Centimeter Holes in Reactor 2 Containment Vessel

So says the Mainichi Shinbun reporters who must be reading the report submitted by TEPCO on May 23 and released on May 24.

Multiple 10-centimeter holes in the Reactor 2 Containment Vessel, and one 7-centimeter hole in the Reactor 1 Containment Vessel. Hiroaki Koide of Kyoto University was so right. The Containment Vessels' integrity has been long gone.

TEPCO should have known all along, and all the experts, including Koide, must have known.

From Mainichi Shinbun Japanese (2:30AM JST 5/25/2011):  

東京電力が24日公表した福島第1原発2、3号機で炉心溶融があったとする報告書の中で、1号機は原子炉圧 力容器の外側にある格納容器に直径7センチ相当の穴、2号機では格納容器に直径10センチ相当の複数の穴が 開いている可能性が初めて示された。

In the report that TEPCO disclosed on May 24 regarding the core meltdown in the Reactors 2 and 3, the possibility of holes in the Containment Vessels of the Reactors 1 and 2 is mentioned for the first time. The Reactor 1 Containment Vessel may have a hole 7-centimeter in diameter, and the Reactor 2 Containment vessel may have multiple holes 10-centimeter in diameter.

Source EX-SFK

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Finalized

Absolutely -

Link

It is suggested to be a note with the information I posted above from Steve Wozniak, Apple co-founder. The link to the Fukuleaks is here.

The reference to him possibly trying to help get this information out first caught my attention. This is not confirmed.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
GOT MILK?

Maybe some good news...

www.nuc.berkeley.edu...

- Purple Chive

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
How to search this particular thread with ease.

Search for this string in google, "site:www.abovetopsecret.com... +link" replacing "link" with your chosen search term/s.
(+ means "include" whereas - means "exclude")

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
A new one...

M 4.9, eastern Honshu, Japan
37.084°N 140.870°E

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 20:36:16 UTC
Wednesday, May 25, 2011 05:36:16 AM at epicenter

Depth: 21.40 km (13.30 mi)

Posted on 24 May 2011 | 8:36 pm

new topics

top topics

<< 889  890  891    893  894  895 >>