It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 886.htm
<< 883  884  885    887  888  889 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellhound604
And now I am completely lost. I have thought these 2 sites carried live webcam videos, but in the one it is starting to get light or something, and the other one is still night. Which one is the correct live feed?

.... EDIT : Now both are showing the same again.......

www.youtube.com...

or this one

news.tbs.co.jp...

edit on 21/5/2011 by Hellhound604 because: both showing the same again

Japan is +9 hrs UTC...Sunrise is ~5am local Fuku time..
edit on 21-5-2011 by Tworide because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
hmmm.... maybe they had a case of midnight sun that the one camera picked up, and the other not, or if it is the same camera, then one link went through a time-warp or something

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

hmmm.... maybe they had a case of midnight sun that the one camera picked up, and the other not, or if it is the same camera, then one link went through a time-warp or something

Or the neutron beam & poolium falls light show!

ETA: Wait! It must have been the Rapture!!!
edit on 21-5-2011 by Tworide because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Would their be any chance of "strange-lets" being released during a meltdown process?
any molecular physicists, ?
after all were in meltdown time, (does time take neutreno hits??, distorting the "wave" of reality in that moment?)

Facinating,

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
This could be just the tip of the iceberg --

Nuclear plant workers suffer internal radiation exposure after visiting Fukushima

The government has discovered thousands of cases of workers at nuclear power plants outside Fukushima Prefecture suffering from internal exposure to radiation after they visited the prefecture...

Most of the workers who had internal exposure to radiation visited Fukushima after the nuclear crisis broke out following the March 11 quake and tsunami, and apparently inhaled radioactive substances scattered by hydrogen explosions...

The revelation has prompted local municipalities in Fukushima to consider checking residents' internal exposure to radiation.

The Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency said it received the data from power companies across the country that measured the workers' internal exposure to radiation with "whole-body counters" and recorded levels of 1,500 counts per minute (cpm) or higher. In 1,193 cases, workers had internal exposure to radiation of more than 10,000 cpm. Those workers had apparently returned to their homes near the Fukushima No. 1 Nuclear Power Plant or had moved to other nuclear power plants from the Fukushima No. 1 and 2 nuclear power plants.

Internal exposure to radiation lasts longer and carries more risks than external exposure. People are deemed to have had internal exposure if whole-body counters detect over 1,500 cpm of radiation from them.

mainichi

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Oddness with the webcam aside (the link in my sig is the live cam for sure) the steam release last night was quite substantial.

This indicates an ongoing cyclical heating and cooling of the corium as TRN(TheRedneck for anyone new to the thread; an engineer who has worked on nuclear power plants in the design and construction phase) mentioned way back in the thread. The amount of steam produced is a result of temp, humidity, dewpoint, and a number of other variables. Temp being the result of uncontrolled fissioning of the corium mass at the base of R4.

R4 which was down for maintenance had it's entire core in either the dry well or the spent fuel pool. Either location would have meant that it would have been one of the earliest cores exposed to the atmosphere.

Silverlok, and probably a few others, would know a bit more but I think the entire core is one unit with control rods emplaced so fission wouldn't take place unhindered. But the fact of the water level falling would allow for the internal heat of each rod to melt off the zircalloy coating producing hydrogen gas. Or am I missing something here?

Anyway, once the assembly melted, it would seek the lowest point and take the path of least resistance would it not? I think that is what Silverlok's assessment concluded when there was an analasysis of the thermal imagery.

Reactors 1-4 are all obviously in a very precarious state, reactors 5&6 are not mentioned much, bu the analysis in this thread shows that they are not in much better condition than the other reactors.

We have the ongoing poisoning of the Pacific Ocean, demonstrated tampering with radiation monitors in the US, the announcement that monitoring by federal agencies will halt on the same day uncontrolled meltdowns are confined officially and a public that either doesn't know or doesn't care to know.

What are we to do?

There has been some mention of late in the MSM of what we've been watching for months but it is treated as a routine occurrence and nothing to be concerned about.

Nero has his instrument of choice and much more than just Rome is burning.

When China and South Korea start poking their noses in this and the west is staying away, rumors of an asian alliance carry more weight:

Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao and South Korean President Lee Myung Bak accompanied Japanese Prime Minister Naoto Kan on a visit to an evacuation center in Fukushima City.

And am I the only one who finds this ironic?

Chinese Premier Wen visited the site of a company where a Japanese manager led 20 Chinese workers to safety, shortly before he was drowned in the tsunami waters. The act made headlines in China at the time.

How many people have died and how much ecological disruption has been caused in the construction of the Three Gorges Dam?

But just because we have a natural disaster that includes one of the top 5 strongest earthquakes in history does not mean we can't also engage in some political posturing:

Japanese Prime Minister Naoto Kan said ties between the Japan and its two most important neighbors have been strengthened by the disaster, but history continues to put a strain on the relationships. A reminder of that came just three weeks after the earthquake, when the Japanese government approved new history textbooks that reiterated the country's claim to small islets that both countries claim.

Breathing space...

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Tworide

I saw, 2 days ago, for about 30 minutes, someone from TBS/JNN using some diferent colour filters, trying to improve the quality of the live transmision, day or night. Sorry, no conspiration here.
edit on 21-5-2011 by whoswho69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Some measurement data on the fault overshoot. It's sending the geologist back to the drawing board.

Japan's 11 March mega-quake shifted the ocean floor sideways by more than 20m (65ft), according one instrument placed on the seabed off the nation's coast.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by whoswho69
reply to post by Tworide

I saw, 2 days ago, for about 30 minutes, someone from TBS/JNN using some diferent colour filters, trying to improve the quality of the live transmision, day or night. Sorry, no conspiration here.

I wasn't looking for a conspiracy, but those sites are (supposedly) the same cam, yet for a couple of minutes, they were quite different, and I was just wondering which one was the life cam. The one cam was all of a sudden a HD cam, showing the sun rising, and the other one was the normal pic, and then 5 minutes later both showed the same picture again .....

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellhound604

Here ya go. This is the TBS News live cam...I don't care for the one looped through youtu be.

news.tbs.co.jp...

Des

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by whoswho69
reply to post by Tworide

I wasn't looking for a conspiracy, but those sites are (supposedly) the same cam, yet for a couple of minutes, they were quite different, and I was just wondering which one was the life cam. The one cam was all of a sudden a HD cam, showing the sun rising, and the other one was the normal pic, and then 5 minutes later both showed the same picture again .....

NO problem I am all over this one ....

You can easily de-sync the cams by not having them starting playing at the same time.

I have run mu8ltiple tabs of the same cam then paused one while cruising other tabs ( to listen ) then going beck that teh still on tab pausing it , and playing the one I had paused and prsto I am back in time ..er after reading that let me explain it another way ....

The live cam starts at the time when the page first calls for the live feed whether or not you start playing it. ( google/tube must cache it somewhere) . so if you do not start it as soon as the page loads , or if you pause it you start to get time lag....

for example once I noticed this phenomenon, I turned two tabs (of the cam) on at the same time letting one run and pausing the other immediately. This way I can occasionally check on the actual live feed (in near real-time) and if I find something interesting seems to have happened I can go back to the one paused (frozen at the second when I first started) and watch whatever I may have missed .

looks like that is what happened to you temporarily , thanks to youtube 'dvr' like pausing of the live stream got the two feeds de-sync'd.

if you are ever not sure use the refresh button on both tabs ( or instances ) and see if they return to syncronized

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Need some eyes here...TY. R-4 is huffing HUGE amounts of smoke/steam? Never seen it like this. Wondering if it has anything to do with the latest EQ tworide posted......Whatever it is, is billowing out of both the middle and top of R-4. Put on full screen mode for full effect, of how much is escaping.

Is this what you were seeing Des?

It's on the blog in the link, but I can't get it to upload from YouTube. Followed Wertwog's instructions, but keep getting "not available". I'll work on that, but in the meantime, this definitely does not look good - and once again under the cover of darkness.

bojack.org

Explanation:

Unusual scene at Japan meltdown site Something funny happened at Fukushima reactor no. 4 last night (Saturday night Japan time). One of the many folks who have been watching the live video feed from the site recorded this sequence. The action starts at about 1:05 into the video. Reactor 4 is on the right (south) side of the screen. There's a little white blink of light above the right side of the trashed reactor roof, and then a mess of smoke and steam comes spilling out that appears to envelop the entire site.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
THIS
IS A COMPLETE SCAM

( i should clarify this is the headline I mean

Radioactive debris hampers efforts to cool reactor
)

seriously

Get the government to get tax payers to pay for our "bull# disposal scheme" thus allowing legal precedent to be set for not payment for the results of ocean dumping as part s of "what is necessary" to "fix" the situation.

TEPCO...

IF YOU AND THE JAPANESE government think this going to work ,and that ANYONE BELIEVES THIS CRAP(hey how come so many of your photos shows guys standing around HIGHLY RADIOACTIVE areas with fat asses and their hands behind their backs ( or them doing nothing) Debris from the plant is hindering clean -up"? If I had a bunch of fat asses drunkard DO _NOTHINGS standing around my critical sight I would fire them ....but almost every photo you release is of this type.

Given this information , I will Take the liberty to make a few guesses about Tepco's activities...( since they now hide the reactor data in fear) ..workers have become even more expendable to cover Tepco's .the Japanese governmental lies ( hey let us see what great government job the Tepco top guys have next year ), nothing will change if they think they can win ( which the morons do) ...they will still being killing and dooming millions to the slow invisible death , for profit margin, and ego ...
..also more heat more radiation, and sooner or later the disclosure (or discovery) or how many bodies Tepco has used up
but ...

that is not as important as whom still stands to profit from this situation .. we know the EPA has Shills , we know Areva has shills , we know most of the other major players have shills..the US , the Israelis...would the side in favor of nuke disintegration ( not George bush 1 peoples, they pushed the nukes for over a decade and a half) want someone else to illuminate the bloody hands? is it such a simple challenge.. follow the bread crumbs ( not truth but trail) or fall off the map as both become subsidiaries of the same force ( a new kind of 'fake' war) .

Perhaps I will not sleep on this subject Just yet .. and to nomorefedreserve, I choose me as the most reliable source as I take no ones money for my options , only follow when illuminated , answer direct ( and indirect questions ) and fight , well always ...

in a hypothetical sense if we (all) have a rabbit hole and a chase , when do we follow it and how much of it is ...conversation ...worthy?

edit on 22-5-2011 by Silverlok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Is it really THAT foggy? So much that we can't see the plant at all? Is this a natural fog I am seeing? Or is this the radioactive fog which started last night? I wish we had more information.

Live Web Cam

Screen shot:

edit on 22-5-2011 by OuttaHere because: added photo

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

Here you go...

edit on 22-5-2011 by Wertwog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by OuttaHere

hi OuttaHere,

looking at your screenshot, it does appear to be fog... i just took a similar one myself, & i can clearly see the fogbanks (different shades of gray etc) creeping across the screen as it moves northwards (right to left on the cam)

having said that, i know fog & mist can behave/appear differently as influenced by other variables, such as light, humidity, wind speed etc

however, i'll take the opportunity to once again stress that the other day, after i witnessed the cameraman change - in one instant - the whole view from crystal clear, to the exact same appearance of "fogginess" that i often see on the livecam... i'm left feeling very wary about how much meddling may be happening regards the livecam

i watched the livecam for 30 mins after this change, & it was still "foggy" ...unfortunately, i couldn't monitor it longer, or return later to see if anything had changed

either way, if one had just tuned in, post camera-meddling, the view given would have led one to assume there was a heavy fog/mist at the coast

i hope everyone will consider this as something to bear in mind when viewing the livecam when the view appears very pale & indistinct... i do know how coastal areas are prone to fog & mists... & i am aware that the cam crew mess about with the lenses, views etc... but this "fog" i suddenly saw was not fog!

here's my post about it... www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
After I check the live camera (day time) and it appears foggy, then I always check the 'still' shot - the ones that are released hourly. More often than not they do not correspond. Like now for instance.
Sorry, not sure how to pick up these links.

Obviously, the still shot isn't close up and you can't see what is going on, but it gives you a good idea what the weather is like.
edit on 22-5-2011 by scotland48 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Erratic information fuels mistrust of TEPCO

TEPCO said it had revised earlier information only after it could send workers close enough to the reactors to read gauges but critics argue that independent experts reached similar conclusions much earlier.

"The way TEPCO releases information utterly lacks any sense of crisis," the Nikkei business daily said in a recent front-page analysis. "Two months after the accident happened, it admitted a meltdown at reactor one. But many experts pointed out that possibility immediately after the accident happened," the newspaper said.

"They do not mention bad news until it is confirmed. Such an attitude has led to mistrust," the Nikkei said.

With a track record of safety cover-ups, TEPCO has been criticised for inadequately preparing for disaster, helped by soft regulation by a government organisation also tasked with promoting nuclear power.

The liberal Asahi Shimbun said in an editorial that TEPCO and official regulators avoided direct reference to the term "meltdown" to "lead the public into underestimating what was really happening."

Public anger and confusion have intensified, and critics say the latest revisions underline the slowness of moves to ensure the safety of nearby residents.

link - www.google.com...

man, i hate having real hatred for anything, it's an awful thing to bear... but i hate tepco more every day

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by scotland48

good point... i think inaccuracies between the two have been noted before in the thread, too ... i was doing that myself, but for some reason i'd not done it for a while... thx for reminding me to get back on track with that

top topics

<< 883  884  885    887  888  889 >>

join