It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 876.htm
<< 873  874  875    877  878  879 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Photos of Radiation Readings In Fukushima City
I translated some of the comments under all the pictures (blog) & I am sure you guys are familiar of the confusing way in which Japanese translates to English, but from what I take a few of the commenters are IN Fukushima City living there. It is so sad..
In the comments there are also more links of other blogs with pictures of geiger readings.
Pictures
Not pictures, but map of readings
Video

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
By the way, the news articles are suddenly starting to pop around MSM (MainStream Media) like daisies in spring. Why now?

Was the original idea to intentionally worsen the whole Fukushima accident, and now it's bad enough to get back in headlines?

BBC Japan nuclear crisis: Fukushima shutdown for January

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by curioustype

Originally posted by matadoor
reply to post by curioustype

The steam powered backup systems in 5 & 6 didn't fail like the others did. They remained operational.

OK - but wasn't your data on this sourced prior to the information posted by Silverlock on p.871 re: radiation levels/isotopes now reported at the 5/6 locality/drainage? I'd be interested in whether our confidence should remain in tact about initial reports on the 'stability' of Rs 5 & 6 in light of the 'emerging' news, given how this 'release' of fresh info from the authorities would now appear to be finding a PR tragectory akin to that of Rs 1-4...?
edit on 16-5-2011 by curioustype because: typo

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 16-5-2011 by curioustype because: Added link to Silverlock's post

The first HUGE retraction of data from tepco came way back in march when arnie pointed out fission materials in one of tepcos nucleotides test results for the drain at 5 and 6 as proof positive of criticality occurring there. Tepco rapidly retracted the info ....though before the "still" image webcam became a doctored bogus mess it was apparent that Chernekov radiation was present at night from the direction of 5 and 6...so since march on and off , and it may not be the pools I do not remember reading anywhere whether 5 and 6 had the rods in the cores or not , cold 'shut down' does not imply 'empty' , and even with the control rods in place cores need to be cooled and kept under water if the cores had rods in them then the steam was almost certainly coming from there ( as the pools couldn't power the steam generators ) and would have been challenged to remain full of water as some of the (precautionary ) venting measures almost certainly sent some of that steam in 5 and 6 into the sc (meaning the core would slowly drain. )

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by imlite
NEW video of Fukushima disaster reactors and site

Video taken on 6 May 2011 released 17 May 2011

VIDEO

SOURCE
edit on 17/5/11 by imlite because: (no reason given)

Interesting, between 1:53 and 2:13 shows the Putzmeister pump on the South side of reactor #4. Fubarium Falls is gone! You can still see traces down the face of the wall where they were. Are those shots of the falls still around?
Whatever the pump is dispensing water to is right in that same corner, methinks the SPF?
That sure was a "hot load" to dispose of!

ETA: Answering my own question, here's the Falls on the North side of #4, courtesy of Zorgon on pg 681...

edit on 17-5-2011 by Tworide because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-5-2011 by Tworide because: credit

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Ripples....

LONDON (Dow Jones)--The U.K.'s chief nuclear inspector, Mike Weightman, will publish Wednesday his interim report on the implications for the U.K. nuclear industry from the crisis at Japan's Fukushima atomic complex, the U.K.'s Office of Nuclear Regulation said Tuesday.

online.wsj.com...

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatisanameanyway
Japan admits getting nuke updates via media

The Japanese government has revealed it had to learn key developments about the crisis at the Fukushima nuclear plant through media reports. The news highlights tensions between the plant's operator, Tokyo Electric Power Co, and the Japanese government.

The Japanese government seemed to be behind the curve throughout all of this. And about the only thing that could make that more scary is because TEPCO wasn't keeping them informed.

Although this probably shouldn't come as a surprise to me, I have to admit that it does.

Letting the criminals run the crime scene...

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
The Huff is not usually my cup of tea, but this a very good communication with Akira Tokuhiro, a professor of nuclear engineering. He tells it like we have been postulating here on ATS.

There are only a handful of Japanese nuclear engineers working and teaching in the US. What Professor Tokuhiro was able to add also included a strong dose of a deep understanding of the Japanese culture. "There is a cultural element in this. The Japanese do not want to be embarrassed". He added that TEPCO is a large entity which only has to answer to the Prime Minister. He added that it is a bit of the, "...Only small people pay taxes mentality". The mass media in Japan is only given the information TEPCO and the government want to give them. Labor practices in Japan, he says, are quite brutal and when you get to the bottom of the labor force, those at the top of society do not really care about them".

"They need to tell people it will take at least 10, maybe 20 years, at least 10 if not 20, or even 30 Billion dollars and at least 10,000 people working on this, " he repeated, "This is the most important thing they must tell people. They must be honest with the evacuees".

Virtually any nuclear engineer connected with the industry he or she supports cannot be fully trusted right now to give us the full truth about Fukushima because the truth is simply too damaging to the nuclear industry and they know it. .

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

M 4.4, off the east coast of Honshu, Japan
36.399°N 142.652°E

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 20:54:19 UTC
Wednesday, May 18, 2011 06:54:19 AM at epicenter

Depth: 15.40 km (9.57 mi)

Posted on 17 May 2011 | 8:54 pm

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Hi guys.. Here is latest from Greenpeace sight

Fukushima meltdown: two months later, Japan's government still drags its feet
www.greenpeace.org...

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

M 4.7, off the east coast of Honshu, Japan
36.954°N 142.774°E

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 22:16:10 UTC
Wednesday, May 18, 2011 08:16:10 AM at epicenter

Depth: 40.30 km (25.04 mi)

Posted on 17 May 2011 | 10:16 pm

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by someoneinnyc

Thanks, good story....
I bet that the ocean currents are very similar to the air currents, at least that map they have sure looks indentical to the weather patterns that are previlant in the Northwest.
It will be nice to find out the results, please let us know.

blogs.forbes.com...

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
www.greenpeace.org...

We are currently putting samples of fish, shellfish, seawater and sediment, through detailed analysis at professional labs in France and Belgium, and while we expect to announce results next week, the government has not yet started setting up a marine life monitoring programme. Again the people of Japan are being forced to wait for the government to do what it should have been doing all along.

Notice they are not wasting time having samples checked by US
edit on 17-5-2011 by rbrtj because: added in put

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Today, the Tennessean had a front-page article about the Browns Ferry plant. There was ANOTHER incident there last Thursday.

I have placed a post with link to the article in the Fragile Earth forum.

Within the article, they finally mentioned the meltdown at Fukushima. Of course, it is the 'Tepco' version of events, not the true 'multiple meltdowns' we know of here.

For your reference here, the article:

TVA's Browns Ferry Nuclear Plant cooling system stalls

The danger is for water to heat up to boiling and dissipate, leaving fuel rods exposed to the air so they start throwing off radioactivity and could eventually melt. That’s what happened in Japan, where a blackout after an earthquake and tsunami stopped cooling water from moving through reactor cores and pools where used fuel sits.

Radioactive releases began that contaminated air, water and land. Tokyo Electric Power Co. officials, who are still investigating what happened and determining what to do, say that fuel rods melted in at least one reactor.

The Japanese reactors are of the same General Electric design as at Browns Ferry, but TVA officials say more backup systems have been added to its plant.

The Fragile Earth thread on Browns Ferry recent failure

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Tworide

There seems to be NO video or pictures of the Fubarium Falls. In fact examination of videos and pictures of the site show that this area is edited out?

Now, taking the obfuscation of information through use of language by TEPCO and the obfuscation through failure to inform I would say the lack of images and information on the falls shows its important but felt to be something TEPCO don't want revealed.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I have a close up somewhere in my photos.
They came from crypotome web sight and there should be a link way back in this thread to them.
In the mean time, I circled what we reffered to as the fubarium falls.
cryptome.org...

edit on 17-5-2011 by rbrtj because: fixed

edit on 17-5-2011 by rbrtj because: added source

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

missing info power failure.... yeah sure..if it is, that aint good.

www.tepco.co.jp...

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by rbrtj

Here are the pics you where looking for.

Originally posted by Frenchi

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Silverlok
I think that since ATS has done much work on the subject someone here should get to name that poolium falls thing(visible in the upper left hand corner at about 1:21...any suggestions?

I was thinking about that .... "Fuzium" a few days ago. Here are some "blow-up" (forgive the pun) of the pics on different days. Check out the last one from TEPCO. The "fuzium" is a goldish color.

Source ... cryptome

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Frenchi

Thankyou, i was wondering if anyone was around.

top topics

<< 873  874  875    877  878  879 >>

join