It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 873.htm
<< 870  871  872    874  875  876 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DancedWithWolves
Who benefits?

What perfect storm has created the public will for oil and gas to again lead the energy market in the near future? Fukushima. Nuclear fears after accidents at plants around the U.S. in past weeks. High gas prices at the pump.

Perfect playbook to completely switch public will back towards the powers that be in the oil and gas industry. I guess we figured out who some of the "lucky ones" are.

Who would have thought one year ago, this headline would be a relief to the citizens of America when announced Saturday?

Obama to open Alaska petroleum reserve to new drilling

The broad energy plan, coming as gas prices continue to rise, would also fast-track environmental assessment of petroleum exploration elsewhere.President Obama will open Alaska's national petroleum reserve to new drilling, as part of a broad plan aimed at blunting criticism that he is not doing enough to address rising energy prices.

Source

As far as drilling in Alaska? I've been waiting a long time, now the permits for more drilling in the gulf have to be released. That's besides the one that was issued to PETROBAS, along with a $2 B commitment that was given to Brazil to drill in the Gulf by the current administration, while US oil companies are denied.
www.telegraph.co.uk... drilling-technology.html

But I digress from Fukushima.

The worlds "Nuclear Club" nations are circling the wagons on this issue, they do not want it to kill their goose that lays their golden eggs. The fallout (pun intended) would be too great.
So, it's who benifits? The hydrocarbon suppliers around the world? That's one suspect. But I don't think the possible world wide financial chaos would be in their interest.
The others are the radical (read Marxist) extreme green movements, they don't care who they kill, as long as as their agenda is fulfilled.
Or the followers of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and the return of the Mahdi (Google that and scare yourself silly, he even scares the Ayatollas) "I have to wash the world in blood to hasten the return of the promised one. And when the Mahdi comes, he will set up a global government in Babylon with one religion and they will kill non-believers."
It's certainly right up his alley.

From Hellhound 604 we see that stuxnet is out there for all to see and use.
"from all the links, and a lot more technical links I have on stuxnet, and glancing through the StuxNet source-code (available on-line too), I surmise the following happened : The Fukushima PLC-systems were infected (either deliberately on by accident) by Stuxnet (or a variant of it), that didn't allow the emergency valves for the steam-pumps to open. I will have to delve deeper into the Stuxnet code, but it could have been an unintentional side-effect, and then everything just went worse from that point on."

If it was indeed on purpose, it must be latent in other nuke plant systems too, there is no way that they would know that Fukushima specifically would have an emergency. More like if the plants have stuxnet placed in their control systems, they were targets of opportunity due to lack of proper cyber security.
www.thisislondon.co.uk...

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Tworide

It is or was my understanding that the suxtent comes in on thumb drives because nuclear plants computers are seperate from the internet because of internet threats via viruses.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silverlok

They should take sand , Portland cement and 3% (by weight) rice and drop that in the basement of those places in the proper ratios 'dry' , They could blow it in with a machine similar to the thing that blows insulation into the attic. Then they should start filling the pcv (drywell/big steel lightbulb ) with the same thing (dry) , once they have the basement filled they should start on the trench / seawall , they are never going to get the corium out of there, ever period.

They should waste no more time and start the entombment process or face trial as criminals. Seriously how much longer can they be allowed to pollute the ocean and air?

How about sodium silicate instead of rice? Add dry sodium hydroxide ( usually mixed with Portland cement to make "shotcrete") and make water glass out the contaiminated water that is absorbed by the sodium silicate, locking up the radionuclides.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by rbrtj
reply to post by Tworide

It is or was my understanding that the suxtent comes in on thumb drives because nuclear plants computers are seperate from the internet because of internet threats via viruses.

That is correct. It does not spread via the internet, but via infected USB drives (which can be a thumbdrive, ipod, cellphone, camera, etc, etc.). Also note that the original Stuxnet carries 2 payloads, both infect Siemens PLC's, but different models. The one payload is the one that everybody knows about, the one that stuffed up Iran's centrifuges, but the other one infects a different model PLC (from what I can see, the PLC used in some nuclear plants), that can do a middle-man attack, and according to some sources it can create its own P2P network if the controller is connected to the internet. In any case, having the source code, and the instruction set for the PLC, it is not too difficult to adapt to other PLC's (esp. for the organization that originally developed Stuxnet, which we know wasn't just a group of hackers). When I last worked with PLC's it was unthinkable to have them connected to the internet, but nowadays I've seen so many security cameras connected to the internet, that I guess some modern systems are connected to the internet too, for the lazy admin that wants to see the SCADA interface from the comfort of his/her own home, to prevent those late-night call-outs.
edit on 16/5/2011 by Hellhound604 because: corrected some syntax errors

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tworide

Originally posted by Silverlok

They should take sand , Portland cement and 3% (by weight) rice and drop that in the basement of those places in the proper ratios 'dry' , They could blow it in with a machine similar to the thing that blows insulation into the attic. Then they should start filling the pcv (drywell/big steel lightbulb ) with the same thing (dry) , once they have the basement filled they should start on the trench / seawall , they are never going to get the corium out of there, ever period.

They should waste no more time and start the entombment process or face trial as criminals. Seriously how much longer can they be allowed to pollute the ocean and air?

How about sodium silicate instead of rice? Add dry sodium hydroxide ( usually mixed with Portland cement to make "shotcrete") and make water glass out the contaiminated water that is absorbed by the sodium silicate, locking up the radionuclides.

Sodium silicate is what causes concrete to crack from the inside due to the way it absorbs water (gel will form) , I think the rice would be a better option as it has been shown in quantities of less than 5 % to increase the concretes resistance to cracking and increase it's over-all strength.
So the sodium hydroxide is best avoided especially for thick applicationsnot the best choice unless you are working in cold conditions and need the mortar to set-up fast (weakens the mix too much)
although I think that instead of gravel ( for the aggregate in the concrete ) they could use glass beads (the kind they use to clean pool tiles) as these would 'weather' better in an underwater environment.

of course since they are dumping it in a huge basement flooded with water neither idea might be workable as one could not get it to mix and the light stuf might just float to the top anyway

But if they just start blowing lead shot into the PCV or basement until it was full ( or half full in the PCV's case) of lead it would at least allow them to get in there and get some work done on serious entombment , not sure it could handle the weight though

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by rbrtj
reply to post by Tworide

Perhaps. If that blog regarding sabotage is correct, then perhaps it could have been brought in by the saboteurs?

Wonder if there is video footage of the installation of the cameras (doubtful).

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I was reading the latest conspiracy theories in this thread, shaking my head no...
then I read this:

Why Do People Resist Conspiracy Concept?

It is the human tendency to deny the reality of "conspiracy", even though all of human interaction is by definition a "conspiracy". Conspirators rely on this habit of denial, because it makes their conspiracies possible. As long as people are denying that conspiring is possible, then conspiring is guaranteed to be successful.

"Nobody would do that. Nobody would even think of doing that."

www.henrymakow.com...

Hmmmm....?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SDoradus

Originally posted by burntheships
I did not see this posted yet...

Has this been addressed?

URGENT: Gov't eyes injecting nitrogen into reactor vessels to prevent blasts
TOKYO, April 1, Kyodo

The government and Tokyo Electric Power Co. are considering injecting nitrogen into containment vessels of the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant's reactors to prevent hydrogen explosions, government sources said Friday.english.kyodonews.jp...

edit on 1-4-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

This is a good idea but they may not be able to implement it successfully.

The secondary explosive at reactor four probably occurred in the empty reactor vessel, which was being inspected and had it's head removed. I also likely had the water level drained down so the could inspect the walls (do x-rays, search for faults) . When the zirc reaction took place in those 1400 fuel rods in the dry pool (the water had boiled away) the building quickly filled with hydrogen and the empty reactor vessel as well. Then a heat source ignited on the lower story, blowing out outside walls and fracturing the building frame. Then the reactor torched and tossed everything in it and above it into the air.

It was pretty dramatic but I can't find a video of #4 going 'boom' Can anyone help me out here?

Hey SFA', I think you may well be right about the lower level explosion at R4 and re-reading this post here I think SDoradus may have put a pretty good hypothesis for it's cause forwards back in p.472

I was actually looking for that eye-witness account that materialised back around that time which stated that staff heard an enourmous bang from R4 after the EQ but before the Tsunami.

That, and the fact that the 7 second "Everything's alright at SFP4" TEPCO video fails IMO to provide either a comprehansive picture of the entire SFP facility, or provide conclusive evidencethat it even IS SFP4, have filled me with doubts about the official line on events there. How can any of us know that footage was from SFP4? It's not like there were any obvious signs it wasn't from another unit on site, or had a pan from a recognisable part of that buiding.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Don't be fooled by these nuclear apologist saying this is accidental and or a failure of the system. This man made disaster is proceeding as planed by the Powers That Be(PTB). This is an act of nuclear war against humanity and those responsible are the international banksters. All governments are complicit, as are all the regulatory agencies as they all stand back and let it play out without lifting a finger to do anything to end this nightmare. They all knew that these reactors were in meltdown as of 3-11 and lied to us all. The banksters own and control the media which has been concealing the facts since day one, and now do not report anything about the 6 reactors in total metdown. Nor do they report the insane levels of radiation that spreads across the world. Instead the EPA and FDA quit monitoring the radiation in milk, water, the air, everything, and raise the safe levels of radiation to unheard of levels. This is no accident and there will be more to come. Each and every nuclear reactor in the world is a potential nuclear war at the pleasure of the psycopaths that work towards their New World Order. Why would anyone build nuclear reactors on earthquake faultlines and on the beach? Why would they build them with design flaws like stacking the cooling pools on top of the reactors? Why buld any of it when there is no way to safely dispose of the tons upon tons of nuclear waste products period? NO ACCIDENT HERE PERIOD!

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AlaskanDad

In the UK, most family listen to my stories about what I have read/watched, and even watched the Arnie vid's, but responded "You can't do anything about it, so why worry?" - obviously I do not agree.

Interestingly, I later spoke with my sister, a mum with professional experience in nutrition/food health, and she was far more open, and despite not reading any of this stuff, had initiated attempts to stop buying any food produce from the Japan/Pacific/Americas regions (thus far, clearly more highly affected in the plume/flow projections), and discussed all that side very openly. It can't be easily done, not everything states it's place of origin here.

My suspicion is that beyond the points already raised about the ongoing Global Economic Collapse, risks/timing, political/corporate motives, there are yet more issues at steak for the governments. The Arab Spring was in part, some say, created by the food price rises this year, and if what we mostly accept were more broadly broadcast and accepted, and all nations were all providing unedited environmental monitoring data and intel, the food markets may ALSO suffer a more dramatic movement than I am guessing the leaders feel comfortable about controlling.

I have had two family members battle with cancer, watched two children from Belarus gain a two month holiday with our family to help purge their bodies of the fallout from Chernobyl, just to try to give them a better chance, and am now focused on my four year old.

Beyond this catastrophe, I am concerned his world is one in which mankind has neither had enough time or technology to fully know the long term affects of fission/nuke pollution, yet has individuals in control of nuclear weapons who may figure 'hey look, we survived it - it can't be all that bad'.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Situation Update No. 112 On 16.05.2011 at 03:13 GMT+2 Japanese officials have found an Olympic swimming pool-sized pond of radioactive water in the basement of a unit at the Fukushima nuclear plant crippled by the March earthquake and tsunami. The discovery has forced officials to abandon their original plan to bring the No 1 reactor under control. Now they will focus on how to deal with the rising pool that some experts see as a threat to groundwater and the Pacific coast. Despite the setback, safety officials and the plant's operator, Tokyo Electric Power, hope to stabilise the plant by January.

hisz.rsoe.hu...

bold: Hope is the belief in a positive outcome related to events and circumstances

there is not a hope in hades that they are going to be able to sort this mess out

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

I agree, I very much think the damage from both the EQ AND the Tsunami
  • was greater than has so far been publicised by TEPCO.

I saw the reports when Nissan CEO Ghosn visted their main plant quite near to FD, and the report went into some detail about the internal state of the plant, and damage sustained, heavy machinery toppled, roof collapses, casting ops destroyed...it visibly shocked him by all accounts.

That's one reason why I remain VERY curious that, to my knowledge, NO images have yet surfaced (two months on?) from the insides of any of the key structures at the plant EXCEPT units 1,2,3 &4, (where we have clear external damage reports/imagery that could not be so easily brushed aside). Indeed we ARE now hearing from TEPCO that things ain't so rosy in 5 & 6, but as for the common SFPs (6k fuel rod assemblies...) not a single image that I know of...they all went through that 9.0, they're all surrounded by subsidence/suspected liquifaction, they all experienced dramatic power disruption and onslaught by the tsunami, at least to their services...

If, for example, they needed to rapidly move the common SFP 6k of rod assemblies, (due to EQ, radiation, liquefaction/building deterioration), do they even have the crane in use, has it toppled?). Perhaps it's not a priority, but I am curious...?

[*Apologies I forgot to mention - re: Tsunami height, anybody else notice that shot in the latest batch of 'leaked photos' that showed that white vehicle jammed up a fire escape/external stairs at the plant, that car seemed to me to be way above the height TEPCO has thusfar admitted the wave reached...taking into consideration the quoted wave height/vs ground height...I'm guessing it rose as it hit the shore...?]
    edit on 16-5-2011 by curioustype because: Added *

• posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:08 PM
    link   
    They fully know the effects of radiation. They are using it for population control. The United Nations, which is part of it, said that they will use food as a weapon. That is exaclty what they are doing right now, as many people die of starvation as they cannot afford the food. We will soon be forced to eat even more contaminated food or eat nothing at all. Haarp creates droughts and floods, wipeing out food across the world which adds to the never ending rise in the costs of food and leads to more deaths. It's all about depopulation to reach a goal of a sustainable population of 500 million people on earth. Rulers and the rest slaves. Research the Georgia Guidestones where they spell it out in 7 languages.

And lets not forget Codex Alimentarius, the food code with the vitamin and mineral elimination. Products of the UN and AGENDA 21. They strive to cover all of the bases, and have been doing so for more than 2000 years. Seems as if their plans are in high gear as of late, maybe due to their HAARP weapons of mass destruction. More and more we are stuck living in a POLICE STATE! There is no escaping the radiation that has been played against us, although there are things that can be done to help avoid some of the radiation poisoning, to a degree.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:21 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Silverlok

The problem with shooting lead in those types of quantities, is then any water that leaks into the ground, now has lead contamination, instead of being nuclear. But, they have to start somewhere, so who cares?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:21 PM
    link   
    Don't kid yourslves, all 6 reactors are in total meltdown, and have been since day one. And the swimming pool of radiation water, they have already released highly contaminated radiation warter to the ocean that was measured in tons of water, lord knows how many tons. If you want the correct info, check out Leuren Moret videos on You Tube. She provides the most accurate info period. This link is part 2 of 9.www.youtube.com...

Another link, more current but a little different info.www.youtube.com...

Both links are hard hitting, you cannot afford to miss this info, all of it!

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:22 PM
    link   
    reply to post by curioustype

The steam powered backup systems in 5 & 6 didn't fail like the others did. They remained operational.

Edit - sorry wanted to add that they are at least trying to get everyone drunk in the area, hopefully this will help matters....

mdn.mainichi.jp...

Tokyo restaurant group to hold sake tasting event to support disaster area

Tatsuo Iida, chair of the Asakusa restaurant cooperative, displays sake brands on May 12 in Asakusa, Tokyo, which will be offered at a tasting event. (Mainichi)
    A Tokyo restaurant association will hold a tasting event on May 21 for restaurant operators featuring high-quality sake brands from the disaster-hit northeastern Tohoku region in an effort to support Tohoku sake makers.

Operators of several famous Tokyo restaurants will participate in the tasting. Those restaurants include "Hamadaya" in Ningyocho, Nihonbashi, which was awarded the highest three-star ranking in the Tokyo-edition of the Michelin Guide restaurant review book, as well as "Kusatsutei" in Asakusa and "Kanetanaka" in Shinbashi.

edit on 16-5-2011 by matadoor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:34 PM
    link   
    All 6 are in total meltdown right now! Go to the links that I just provided for the absolute truth. Another one that can be believed is Helen Caldicott. www.youtube.com...

Most other of these updates are spin material. They wont get anything under control for at least a year, by design. They are just spinning you all the while the radiation bellows out 24/7, with no end in site and no action taken to end the radiating of the world. The North American West Coast is contaminated with radiation period. Where ever it rains out you will have radiation contamination. ALL BY DESIGN!

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:01 PM
    link   

Originally posted by matadoor
    reply to post by curioustype

The steam powered backup systems in 5 & 6 didn't fail like the others did. They remained operational.

OK - but wasn't your data on this sourced prior to the information posted by Silverlock on p.871 re: radiation levels/isotopes now reported at the 5/6 locality/drainage? I'd be interested in whether our confidence should remain in tact about initial reports on the 'stability' of Rs 5 & 6 in light of the 'emerging' news, given how this 'release' of fresh info from the authorities would now appear to be finding a PR tragectory akin to that of Rs 1-4...?
    edit on 16-5-2011 by curioustype because: typo

www.abovetopsecret.com...
    edit on 16-5-2011 by curioustype because: Added link to Silverlock's post

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:02 PM
    link   
    Hello all ATS Fukushima Friends..

First I would like to express my deepest gratification for all of your research and insight.

This thread way back from the beginning was one of the only places on the net that I could get proper ( almost minute bye minute blow ) information on the potential Global Catastrophic Event happening there.

I became a member a few weeks after that just from THIS thread Alone..

I was wondering in the past few days ( more like a week ) If someone with more status could possibly start a few more threads on the current events of Fukushima.

I have been Heavily relying on this thread on current information dealing with JUST THE FACTS and Updates on what the hell is going on there from day to day. And its not just me but some other friends that I have told to visit the ATS site to look at the collective evidence.

Therefore because this Super Thread ( that Im sure was intended to be a source of Facts about Fukushima ) has become somewhat of a Free for All for anyone to say anything from Facts to Fiction..Conspiracy .. Personal Opinion or others opinions .. Fixes .. etc.. I am asking for someone to create a Thread that is like " Fukushima...Just the facts mam. " sorta thing.

Even better would be someone to create multiple threads .. Like

" Fukushima: Facts, Fixes and Updates" ..
    " Fukushima: Theories and Speculations" ..
    " Fukushima: Q's and A's"..
    " Fukushima EQ Updates"

It may be that my suggestion is totally wrong or even not viable due to the complex nature of the discussions.. but its seems to be more ON TOPIC than what the super thread seems to be turning into..One Mass Ball of Everything Fukushima.

Please dont get me wrong.. I Dont want this thread to End at all. .. double post if you have to into another On topic thread so we can see the meat and potatoes if we like..

No offense to anyone and thank you for reading my ramble

JG.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:11 PM
    link   
    Here is the latest from Greenpeaces sight regarding Fukushima.
    I am checking it daily to get the results of the tests done outside the 12KM zone.
    No results yet...but here is what they got for today.
    www.greenpeace.org...

Tell the Japanese government to protect children from reckless radiation limits
    Blog by Jarred Cobb | May 16, 2011
    The nuclear disaster at the Fukushima reactors is far from over. Last week, the plant's owners, TEPCO, admitted that a full meltdown had occurred at Unit 1 and that molten fuel may have eaten through the floor of the reactor vessel...

edit on 16-5-2011 by rbrtj because: edit

new topics

top topics

<< 870  871  872    874  875  876 >>

join