It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 871.htm
<< 868  869  870    872  873  874 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Nhk, Tepco's mouth and tongue is reporting high radiation levels at teh #3 intake in the ocean water :

Radioactive materials in the ocean near the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant rose to 3,300 times the legal limit on Sunday. Tokyo Electric Power Company says it measured 200 becquerels of cesium-134 per cubic centimeter on Sunday morning near the water intake of the No. 3 reactor.

The level was higher than on the previous day, when it was 2,300 times the legal limit. 220 becquerels of cesium-137 per cubic centimeter was also detected. At 2,400 times the legal limit, the level exceeded the one found the day before. On Wednesday, highly radioactive water was found leaking into the ocean from a pit located near the water intake of the No. 3 reactor. 32,000 times the legal limit of cesium-134 was detected there.
TEPCO also reported 2,100 times the legal limit of radioactive iodine was found in seawater near the water intake of the No. 2 reactor. Three points among four research areas along the shoreline also exceeded the legal limit. And 1.7 times the legal limit of Cesium was found close to drainage gates near the No. 5 and No. 6 reactors.

but the title of the blip seems to have minimized the fact that #2 is still leaking , and so are 5 and 6 and it would appear that critcalites are still ongoing in 2 and 3, and have certainly happened in 5 or 6 (probably 6)within the last month.

So I guess we can stamp another 'failed to plug the leak' star on the tepco's progress board

And the story they are selling on #4 is also a complete lip job :

you don't blow concrete walls out of a open to the air ground structure from an explosion of hydrogen that happens five stories up . In fact how they managed to get that building like that is a pretty good trick in any event
And while I am on the subject the WNA has this to say about the explosion at #3:

"This explosion, which mobilized a lot of debris, has not been explained as yet. Debris on the ground near unit 3 is extremely radioactive."

It appears that they certainly did need to shut down the Hamoka plant because :

Seawater found in coolant at Hamaoka plant

and this is interesting :

The company reports damage to a pipe connected to a condenser, a system that turns the steam generated by a nuclear reactor to water through the use of seawater.

hhhmmm...let me translate this: the seawater heat exchanger is cracked and leaking the same as the seawater heat exchangers a fukushima ....

What kicks my ass is that they say :

(Tepco) says 400 tons (of sea water ) would not severely affect the reactor, and that no radioactive substances were detected outside the building.

but ...doesn't every other nuclear authority everywhere say that salt water +nuclear reactor = big dangerous pile of garbage

And though Zorgon has found greener pastures he is finally getting his giant barge( well in two weeks )

The steel platform is 136 meters long and 46 meters wide and can store up to 10,000 tons of water.

This is a disaster waiting to happen . What are they going to do with that thing after they make it radioactive ?, and isn't it storm season in Japan , where are they going to park it in the radioactive ocean outside the intakes? I think we are just seeing another excuse to dump in the ocean .

On Tuesday, the firm plans to review its schedule for achieving cold shutdowns of the plant's reactors.

Tuesday?Tuesday? wow, three reactors now confirmed to be melting down for over 60 days radiation still leaking into the ocean and how does Tepco jump into action ....four day weekend , or I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today .

Now I do not want everyone to think it's all doom and gloom Tepco after the failure of their T50 series cyborgs to go back in time and kill the men most directly responsible has obviously used the Star gate located under the reactor #3 and hired the energy beings of zoralax 3 whom can safely work in the radiation :

And because Wertwog needed proving wrong , while they where at it, stopped by picked up a few things at Walgreen's and got #4 all fixed :

See all fixed, all it took was a few band-aids , a kiss, and a smile
edit on 15-5-2011 by Silverlok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
And the captain smiles, as we crash
'Cause in the mind of Naoto Kan
Wheels they turn and gears they grind
Buildings collapse in slow motion
And trains collide, everything is fine
Everything is fine
Everything is fine

Japan's nuclear crisis timetable on track: PM

TOKYO — Japan said Monday it was still on target to achieve the shutdown of damaged reactors at a crippled nuclear plant by around the year-end, despite damage being worse than earlier thought.

"We will manage to continue working without changing the timeline prospects of putting (the reactors) in to a state of cold shutdown in six to nine months" from April 17, Prime Minister Naoto Kan said in parliament.

www.google.com...

Amazing the lies men tell....

Oh the opening line was a parody to Camper Von Beethoven's - Sweethearts

edit on 15-5-2011 by AlaskanDad because: coding

edit on 15-5-2011 by AlaskanDad because: added to my intro

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Something is not right with that to begin with. Oppenheimer's mouth is moving without words numerous times, but it ends at the right points when he stops talking. So it isn't that the audio is mismatched.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Anyone watching the live feed What are these little cloud ufos that deep appearing and disappearing in seconds above the plant...kind of non-stop

Weird little clouds...

Web cam

edit on 15-5-2011 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
That isn't a live feed. That's from May 7th?

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Because they're TOO BIG TO FAIL - now where have I heard that before?? Greed and incompetence once again bring a nation to the brink of disaster. This time more than just financially - although that pesky radioactivity seems less important than mighty commerce.

READ the last line of the quoted info --- if nothing else!! We're still trying to glue the eggshell back together.

The new enervated Tepco

Although the government and Tokyo Electric Power Co. (Tepco), the operator of the ill-fated plant, have worked out plans to pay compensation to victims of the crisis, it appears they are interested less in protecting people from radiation than in preserving the existing semi-monopolistic system of the power industry....

Some observers say the government and Tepco have sought to "trivialize" the effect of the Fukushima accidents by working out a scenario in which the power company, which should bear the total responsibility, survives with "public funding."

Tepco's interest-bearing liabilities, including corporate bonds, total more than ¥7.3 trillion, most of which is owed to insurance companies and financial institutions, both private and government-owned. The biggest lender is the Development Bank of Japan, which is 100 percent state-owned. It has lent more than ¥300 billion to Tepco.

Should Tepco go bankrupt, not only would the Japanese financial market be thrown into an utter chaos, but international markets would lose their trust in Japanese banking institutions to the extent that the institutions would have to pay higher interest rates to secure funds.

The steep drop in Tepco's stock price has already dealt a blow to investment funds in the United States. Nearly 20 percent of its stock is held by non-Japanese investors. This has reportedly led the Obama administration to urge the Kan government to take steps to prevent a further decline in Tepco stock.

japan times

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

I think those are whitecaps on the waves in the lovely irradiated, ocean.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverlok

OH BOY
read, copied word for word along with all supporting documents and images and downloaded on to encrypted gizmo under the dohicky.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

It's the same feed. Sorry for confusion. That's the date of last stream start on youtube. Same live feed streaming though.

web cam original source

reply to post by Maluhia

ETA: Ahh...surf's up then. Bit smoggy for a dip. Thanks.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I'm sorry if I don't follow this closely enough,
But if this hasn't been posted yet..well

TEPCO trying to “prevent re-criticality” at Reactor No. 3 — Temperature soaring in pressure vessel, up over 100°F in 24 hours even after increasing water injection May 15th, 2011 at 05:56 PM

enenews.com... asing-water-injection

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DancedWithWolves
Anyone watching the live feed What are these little cloud ufos that deep appearing and disappearing in seconds above the plant...kind of non-stop

-snip-

Weird little clouds...

Web cam

Wave crests(white caps) , they are getting a little chop on the ocean ..

Aeons,

May 7th is when they cam went live on youtube,

Alaskandad:
Kan is indeed insane if he actually believes what he is saying. How does one go about a 'cold shutdown' of meltdown materials?

They should take sand , Portland cement and 3% (by weight) rice and drop that in the basement of those places in the proper ratios 'dry' , They could blow it in with a machine similar to the thing that blows insulation into the attic. Then they should start filling the pcv (drywell/big steel lightbulb ) with the same thing (dry) , once they have the basement filled they should start on the trench / seawall , they are never going to get the corium out of there, ever period.

They should waste no more time and start the entombment process or face trial as criminals. Seriously how much longer can they be allowed to pollute the ocean and air?

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

I see the little ufo clouds to and the cam is live not sure why the thing below says may 7th I think it an article.
The sight seems to just be about the camera and the articles are secondary at this point.
I could be wrong.
Good eye though and after reading about Suxtent and the israelies anything is possible.

Could they be sea gulls that are imune to radioactivity?

White caps!!! ah man I was hoping for killer seagulls.
I'm off to bed got a long day tomorow.
Thanks all for your insights and information.

edit on 15-5-2011 by rbrtj because: added joke

edit on 15-5-2011 by rbrtj because: good night

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Temperature soaring in pressure vessel, up
HEY TEPCO !
got a hole in your expansion tank,,

A high temp low pressure vessel is by definition a steam boiler, vent to an open atmoshphere

A high temp high pessure vessel is a CLOSED LOOP system,, vent to an EXPANSION TANK,,

I see their now installing radiators for the area,,,, whats next in-floor heat for the rest of japan,,

idiots.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Hahaha thanks for the giggle with the band aid visual - too funny and sadly waaaay too accurate.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Quick glance at that #4 photo you posted shows the explosion came from underneath ground level.

I'm going to download a copy of that pic and do a detailed analysis on it like I did with some of the early pics in this thread and explain why #4 could not have been a hydrogen explosion.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Special thanks to you Silverlok, great work.
I'll post the pic in with all my others in my portfolio here and at a another spot on the other side of world.
On a side note, the steel door had to be a good one to not blow out until the walls did.
I bet that door is along way from home or could be the blue door we seen while they were removing the stuff under tarp

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Highly Radioactive Substances Detected in Tokyo

Moving on to the latest developments in Japan's ongoing nuclear crisis highly radioactive substances were detected in parts of Tokyo.
Japan's Asahi Shimbun reports about 3,200 and nearly 2-thousand becquerels of radioactive cesium per kilogram were found in the soil of Tokyo districts of Koto and Chiyoda, respectively, from testing conducted between April 10th and the 20th.

www.arirang.co.kr...

I wonder if this was from their recycled sewage or if came from airborne sources?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Never mind, here is the door I was thinking about.
The tearing on the edges definately says the door was under tremedous strain before it let go.
I just find it odd that the the door blowing off did not release the pressure that caused the tunnle sides to blow out.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

LAWL. Needed that.... *still laughing*. There is the PROOF! All better! Amazing what some giant bandaids can do. Feel all happy now.

Once again sir you have outdone yourself. Mega stars, cupcakes and chocolate pudding!

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by AlaskanDad

I wonder that too and wonder if it is from the blasts or from continued eruptions of steam.
I'm not sure how the sewage is taken care of.
In the states a plant that size could have it's own sewer treatment facility, but they could rely on the perfecture to supply them or vise versa.
I seriously doubt the sewer lines at the plant go to Tokyo, but until we find sewer specs your guess is as good as mine.
I was shocked at first to hear they had already made cinder blocks out of the sludge.
The idea actually is laughable concidering how messed up the infastucture is.
It could be a false positive or material was planted to wake up the city folks.
President Kan could of tracked it home with him also.

new topics

top topics

<< 868  869  870    872  873  874 >>

join