It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 870.htm
<< 867  868  869    871  872  873 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by arufon

I'm quessing that the concrete pump providers did not put in the contract that the pump was to be used to pump concrete and boron etc. only.
Damn lawyers, I got to do everything

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silverlok
reply to post by Wertwog

I think you are exactly right, the unfortunate thing is that a handful of men are deciding the fate of hundreds of thousands if not millions, judge jury and in this case executioner, simply for the profit motive of a small slice . In a way it's "f" I think they are counting on the most , the perfect corporate crime has found it's perfect face in the guise of the the invisible killer.

I think you left out one though

i) a very exact and thorough knowledge and understanding of the term 'no immediate threat' ( of course not mentioning when it will be a threat and to whom )

Yes. A very deliberate use of language.... hmmmm. And not only JapGov. USAGov/CanGov and many others using exactly this language. It is extremely difficult to believe this is not a coordinated response. EPA pulls monitoring, CanGov moves rad monitors off the coast to the interior, potassium iodide denied to citizens. What is going on here? They don't want us to know. Why? They want us exposed. Why? ... Why?

1. Population control?
2. Land grabs? Control of agricultural industry - contaminate bread baskets, control where food production happens. Control supply.
3. Weakening of the human genome? Weakened populations easier to control. ie: some believe the Soviet Union fell due to weakening of the population through Chernobyl illness and genetic mutation.
4. Pharma companies making money off illness?

Can this really be going on? I don't know. All I can see is that it is very clear there is a coordinated action going on to contaminate Japan and the West Coast of NA and eventually the Northern Hemisphere. Why would TPTB want this? We must try to figure this out on ATS.

Can you see where this logic leads. Heavy tin-foil hat time here. If they wanted us exposed they are either capitalizing on an accident, or the accident is intentional. Oh geez, I don't like where this thinking is taking me.
reply to post by Wertwog

It does look this way. A massive conspiracy against humanity by a small elite section of it.

But there is another casual agent folks ought to consider.

That is the GFC has not ended. Governments everywhere know this. The collapse is terminal for the Capitalist system. It isn't a case of the end of Capitalism as we know it, but the complete end of it. We move from here to something better. Resources are spread unequally around the globe. We are all children of the planet and have a right to share these resources and live. Corporatisation and nation-states though ensure an endless competition exists for those resources, where the focus is entirely on profit rather than the good of humanity. We all have become nothing less than objects of capital. When we cannot work we become useless eaters. This is indeed where you are going with your thinking described in your post Wertwog, unless I am mistaken?

In this scenerio there is not one elite, but many. They exist in each nation-state, and since the GFC signifies nothing less than the last lolly run for the last available natural resources, these elites have turned desperate. The only way out for them is war, which offers the opportunity to redivide the pie that is our world.

If the people of Japan realise due to the awful reality of their situation they will toss out their government/corporate overlords. This would be a contagion that would spread in the eyes of the elites around the world.

They will therefore never admit to us they have no answer to Fukushima, and therefore likely life as we have known it in the Northern hemisphere at least is f***ed forever. It doesn't need to be this way. There must still be options available to contain the ever increasing pace of the disaster, but they all entail a threat to the profit margins of the elites, and the possibility for a ground swell of change from the masses.

We have to acknowledge to ourselves the real cause of this isn't individuals who are 'lazy', sociopathic or 'evil'. The real underlying problem is the Capitalist system itself, which has served us all well, propelling us into an age of technological marvels, but which now is eating its own babies. This system is over. We must now realise we are one race. The human race, Share our endeavours and our resources. To do this we must end the nation-state and capitalist system in place. Chuck out the elites. Take back our world. This does not mean a world government either.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this is a real effort, or just posturing to quell the stirring discontent of the people.

Tokyo Prosecutor Special Investigation Unit Takes Lead on TEPCO case, as new evidence contradicts TEPCO claims.

As reported on April 4th here, Japanese law-enforcement continues their investigation into TEPCO, for charges of professional negligence resulting in death or injury, but now the Tokyo Prosecutor Special Investigation Unit has begun their own independent investigation.

The investigation is focussing on what TEPCO did after the Tsunami as well as before (in terms of criminal negligence). The two individuals most likely to be charged with criminal incompetence resulting in death and/or injury are the CEO at the time and the current chairman.

During the first 24 hours after the accident, the chairman and the president were both unaccounted for and/or unreachable considerably delaying countermeasures which could have prevented death, injury and the meltdown. There are also reports that putting sea water into the reactor were delayed as TEPCO executives used political connections to buy time to try and save the reactors, rather than focussing on saving lives and the environment around the reactor.

One thing that is now increasingly coming into question is TEPCO’s assertion that “this accident was beyond the scope of our imagination”

There is a distinct possibility that what happened was not ”beyond imagination” but was simply a case of what had been predicted happening just as predicted.

Problem is, there is a history of corruption in the prosecutor's office as well. They brought corrruption charges against the former governor of Fukushima (who was very anti-Tepco), which paved the way for the new governor (the one we all saw on youtube pleading for help) - who was very PRO nuclear/TEPCO prior to this accident.
Read about this here

How far the prosecution will go is an unknown. In light of recent arrests of prosecutors for forging evidence, and allegations that the prosecutor’s office in Fukushima trumped up charges against the former Governor of Fukushima, who was one of TEPCO’s most vocal opponents–national trust for the prosecutor’s office is at an all time low.

Another example of TEPCOs HUGE influence in Japan.

source

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

I'm hoping for out of country prosecution because their entire system seems to be on the take.
Now the question is who is going to fill that role.

edit on 15-5-2011 by rbrtj because: changed idea

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by rbrtj

How safe is the information we have on our collective computers that is evidence?

Any computer receiving packets from the Internet can be owned.
Nuff said!

Back up to external media anything that may be controversial to TPTB.

Just because you brought it up.....

Blackwater forms spy group in US

Xe Services LLC and Able Danger claim the Jellyfish Intelligence is a “law-abiding” firm, which aims to sell intelligence to wealthy corporations, a Press TV correspondent reported.

“We realize that this is an extremely transitory time. Nothing is predictable. What we have set out to do is to make the key intelligence available to companies who just like battlefield commanders, have to maintain successful operations,” Chief Legal Officer of Jellyfish Intelligence, Kathleen Robertson said during a press conference held on discussing the new agency's mission.

www.presstv.ir...

I think Jellyfish will be offering a lot more than astroturfing services considering the mother companies reputations.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Interesting observation...EPA stops special monitoring...USA starts nuclear tests. THE SAME DAY.

U.S. Conducts First in a Series of Nuclear Simulation Experiments That Will Involve the Release of Radioactive Isotopes on the Same Day EPA Halts Special Monitoring in Early May

In the first week of May, the National Nuclear Security Administration - a semi-autonomous agency of the U.S. Energy Department - conducted a small non-nuclear underground explosion near the locations of two Cold War era nuclear blasts at the Nevada National Security Site or NNSS.

The 220-pound chemical explosion, a calibration test, was the 'inaugural' event for a new activity called Source Physics Experiments (SPEs) at the NNSS, which was the home to over 1,000 nuclear tests from 1951 to 1992 and is on standby mode for the resumption of nuclear bomb testing despite the fact the U.S. is a party to various global test ban treaties. SPEs were described one year ago in a paper published by the NNSA.

The May 3rd calibration experiment will be followed at some later date by another sub-surface explosive blast ten times larger (or 1-ton TNT equivalent) that may be followed up by another similarly-sized blast. Like the calibration test, the larger explosions will take place in a 65 meter (180 feet) deep emplacement hole located in the northeast part of the NNSA facility, which was called the Nevada Test Site until 2010.

Since SPEs are intended to improve knowledge in the arena of clandestine nuclear test detection, they are designed to mimic a leaked underground nuclear test - as best as possible - and, as such, actually involve the deliberate release of radioisotopes into the air - which would occur naturally during an accidental venting. This surface dispersal of (an unknown quantity of) short-lived radioisotopes, according to the 'white paper,' would 'simulate' the accidental venting of a low-yield underground nuclear detonation. The NNSA brief notes that the 'release of short-lived isotopes (e.g., via shallow underground chemical explosion, direct spraying, or other controlled release) will be used for high-fidelity radiometric measurements at the surface with no permanent contamination introduced to the site. Radioactive debris will decay to below background levels within 1 year.... Isotopes under consideration include a combination of treaty-relevant nuclides and other short-lived species that can be conveniently produced.' Other possible environmental impacts of SPEs, which appear to be a continuing (not one-time) activity, could include disturbance/resuspension of (legacy fallout) contaminated surface dust from the resulting shock wave(s) and acceleration of the spread of contaminants in aquifers.

To our knowledge, there is no NEPA document that addresses the environmental impacts of these new source physics experiments in underground areas of the NNSA facility. (The 2002 Supplement Analysis for the Nevada Test Site FEIS doesn't list these experiments under the heading 'Potential Future Projects at the NTS,' (DOE-EIS-0243-SA-01, 3-8) which states that 'Appropriate NEPA review would be performed for each of these projects.' The 1996 FEIS provides no analysis of the environmental impacts of 'treaty verification' activities under Alternative 3 in Chapter 5. Considering that SPEs are new activities and 'nuclear' - in the sense that surface radioactive dispersal is involved - it is astounding that SPE exercises were approved by the DOE NEPA compliance officer and, furthermore, have commenced without a shred of public knowledge and oversight.)

Considering that radioisotopes used in future Source Physics Experiments could easily drift offsite depending on meteorological conditions, it is curious that the U.S. EPA announced on the same day (evening of May 3) as the NNSA experiment (May 3) that it would halt its special monitoring of radiation linked to Japan. Idealist suspects that the EPA and DOE are doing a repeat of the trick they pulled during the Mighty Oak experiment of 1986.

Source

Anyone else just worn out by the world's so called "leadership?"
edit on 15-5-2011 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
this nuclear accident is being covered up

what needs to be done is being delayed

we are being let down and something needs to change

this needs to be fixed

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
At this point after being here reading from page one (with the exception of a few.. well... maybe 70 pages), after all the facts and our Local ATS Experts weighing in I have concluded that all I am is pissed off. I don't care about their excuses or reasoning; I'm simply mad. This is life changing for our children, theirs, and beyond that. It's infathomable, and that's why there aren't more of us mad about this.. they don't get it.
edit on 15-5-2011 by xxPUSH0Noo because: added

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellhound604
I found this interesting blog about Fukusjima : www.jimstonefreelance.com....

I have found a couple of errors in his facts, but it makes for interesting reading in any case, and it gives some explanations of some of the weird things we have been battling to find explanations to. I am not sure that I agree 100% with him at this stage, as it has some quite serious implications, but I found it educational in any case.

I think anyone following this thread should read that link.

The devastation at #4 is VERY odd to say the least ( and Tepco's 'story ' about hydrogen from three getting into #4 is quite possibly the biggest load of crap ever, unless it was deliberately pumped there )

The energy released at #3 was insanely high, there is no doubt that whatever happened there the hydrogen was a minor and secondary energetic consideration.

I know a lot about how things work , especially machines , and find his analysis of the cascade of failures highly telling, and we know that the diesel generators have ( at the tip of the ice berg ) had multiple conflicting reports about when where and how they failed or more importantly failed to power emergency systems.

When the connection between Magma and Fukushima was previously brought up on this thread the shills quickly became as thick as flies

His analysis of some of the pictures is not good ( like the cap at four ) and I think he is overstating the thickness of the containment, but it does take a hell of a blast to powder concrete and leave the re-bar behind

The most damning fact is that if this was sabotage ab initiato Tepco has done almost nothing to stop the radiation leakages, and has no viable plan to do so for the foreseeable future . One would think that if it was sabotage at least Tepco would have a saving grace and some of the culpability would be removed from their incompetence .

On the flip side of the coin given the insane (nearly mathematically impossible ) level of safety measure failures if it is not sabotage then the entire nuclear industry is so amazingly unsafe it should be in no way aloud to continue further operations anywhere.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Update on RSOE site today. They are finally confirming what has been known for a long time now. The core is melted down in 1, 2 and 3. Only the continuous pumping of water is preventing the radioactive goo from melting though the containment vessel. There is still no end in site.
hisz.rsoe.hu...

Substantial damage to the fuel cores at two other reactors of Japan's Fukushima Daiichi nuclear complex has taken place, operator Tokyo Electric Power Co. said Sunday, further complicating the already daunting task of bringing the reactors to a safe shutdown while avoiding the release of high levels of radioactivity. The revelation followed an acknowledgement on Thursday that a similar meltdown of the core took place at Unit No. 1. The operator, known as Tepco, said that unit lost its reactor core 16 hours after the plant was struck by a magnitude-9 earthquake and a giant tsunami on the afternoon of March 11. Workers also found that the No. 1 Unit's reactor building is flooded in the basement, reinforcing the suspicion that the containment vessel is damaged and leaking highly radioactive water. The revelations are likely to force an overhaul of the six-to-nine-month blueprint for bringing the reactors to a safe shutdown stage and end the release of radioactive materials. The original plan, announced in mid-April, was due to be revised May 17. The pressure vessel, a cylindrical steel container that holds nuclear fuel, "is likely to be damaged and leaking water at Units Nos. 2-3," said Junichi Matsumoto, Tepco spokesman on nuclear issues, in a news briefing Sunday. He also said there could be far less cooling water in the pressure vessels of Unit Nos. 2-3, indicating that there are holes at the bottom of these vessels, with thousands of tons of water that was pumped into these reactors mostly leaking out.

They are also expanding the evacuation zone. Quietly..

The Japanese authorities have started evacuation of people who live outside the 20 kilometer radius from the troubled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant, NHK TV channel reported on Sunday. Families with babies and children up to kindergarten age and pregnant women are the first of the 7,700 residents of two towns to evacuate, the TV channel said. Municipal officials have said they have secured temporary housing for almost all of the residents who want it. Some farmers cannot evacuate soon as they have not been able to find places to move their cattle. Some families cannot move together to designated temporary housing or cannot decide on the place to go as they would be far from work or school, the TV channel said. The Japanese government has expanded the evacuation zone around the plant to areas where cumulative radiation levels are 20 millisieverts or higher per year, the TV channel said.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxPUSH0Noo

Originally posted by DancedWithWolves
New cryptome photos

here

What is censored in those pictures??? Starting in the first pic and continuing down there are a FEW objects in pixels !!
edit on 12-5-2011 by xxPUSH0Noo because: spelling

edit on 12-5-2011 by xxPUSH0Noo because: added

& Can anyone tell me what is in these pictures that is censored? I am sure it is nothing but I asked earlier and I don't know if that is why no one answered.. has anyone else noticed this?

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by xxPUSH0Noo

Sorry I didn't answer you before. It looks consistent and to be a watermark name or date stamp line that has been blocked to make them available for general use. Just my two cents.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by xxPUSH0Noo

The exif data has been removed from the pics, so it's a good bet that those 'edits' are the time stamp that someone did not want showing . Ostensibly for self protection

(edit) DWW I am going to have to remember that quick draw you got going on

edit on 15-5-2011 by Silverlok because: it's a vibe thing

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverlok

That's a good point! - what caused the reactor 4 explosion?

This is what the Wall St Journal has to say:

Tepco also released its analysis of a hydrogen explosion that occurred at unit No. 4, despite the fact that the unit was in maintenance and that nuclear fuel stored in the storage pool was largely intact.

According to Tepco, hyrogen produced in the overheating of the reactor core at unit 3 flowed through a gas-treatment line and entered unit No. 4 because of a breakdown of valves. Hydrogen leaked from ducts in the second, third and fourth floors of the reactor building at unit No. 4 and ignited a massive explosion.

Wall St Journal

Personally I am skeptical of TEPCO's explanation and I would love an experts opinion on this.

edit on 15-5-2011 by Moonbeams771 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

And this Jim Stone post is totally freaking me out right now. When I first found the Magna security camera information way back in the wee pages of this thread...something felt very OFF about the whole arrangement. Very OFF. This is becoming a very scary rabbit hole. What are we really up against here?

ETA: And I'm getting kinda pissed off too. In fact very angry. Our world leaders have been worthless. What good are they really? For me, the nuclear industry is no longer an option to continue. Our governments are completely dysfunctional and out of control. Capitalism has also lost its luster and is tarnished beyond repair. I'm over the whole dang system we have allowed to fester to this point. Governments, institutions and commerce that no longer serve the interests of the people of this world, need to be abolished. All of them. Over, over, over these demented sociopaths being in charge of anything. End rant.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

OMG. Brave soul. Also, were are the images of #4 exploding? Have we seen them yet?

This is quite the eye-opener. Too many things are adding up here.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tallone

Originally posted by Silverlok
reply to post by Wertwog

I think you are exactly right, the unfortunate thing is that a handful of men are deciding the fate of hundreds of thousands if not millions, judge jury and in this case executioner, simply for the profit motive of a small slice . In a way it's "f" I think they are counting on the most , the perfect corporate crime has found it's perfect face in the guise of the the invisible killer.

I think you left out one though

i) a very exact and thorough knowledge and understanding of the term 'no immediate threat' ( of course not mentioning when it will be a threat and to whom )

Yes. A very deliberate use of language.... hmmmm. And not only JapGov. USAGov/CanGov and many others using exactly this language. It is extremely difficult to believe this is not a coordinated response. EPA pulls monitoring, CanGov moves rad monitors off the coast to the interior, potassium iodide denied to citizens. What is going on here? They don't want us to know. Why? They want us exposed. Why? ... Why?

1. Population control?
2. Land grabs? Control of agricultural industry - contaminate bread baskets, control where food production happens. Control supply.
3. Weakening of the human genome? Weakened populations easier to control. ie: some believe the Soviet Union fell due to weakening of the population through Chernobyl illness and genetic mutation.
4. Pharma companies making money off illness?

Can this really be going on? I don't know. All I can see is that it is very clear there is a coordinated action going on to contaminate Japan and the West Coast of NA and eventually the Northern Hemisphere. Why would TPTB want this? We must try to figure this out on ATS.

Can you see where this logic leads. Heavy tin-foil hat time here. If they wanted us exposed they are either capitalizing on an accident, or the accident is intentional. Oh geez, I don't like where this thinking is taking me.
reply to post by Wertwog

It does look this way. A massive conspiracy against humanity by a small elite section of it.

We have to acknowledge to ourselves the real cause of this isn't individuals who are 'lazy', sociopathic or 'evil'. The real underlying problem is the Capitalist system itself, which has served us all well, propelling us into an age of technological marvels, but which now is eating its own babies. This system is over. We must now realise we are one race. The human race, Share our endeavours and our resources. To do this we must end the nation-state and capitalist system in place. Chuck out the elites. Take back our world. This does not mean a world government either.

I have to disagree with you here. Let's imagine this "accident" was intentional. The planners of this I would categorically describe as evil sociopaths. No question. No doubt.

If this is accident was intentional these evil bastards have waged war on us, our children, our future, our planet. They are attempting to hide this war, lying, obfuscating, distracting, but never-the-less there is no doubt that everything has changed now. We are under attack and this war will last for generations. They're poisoning our planet, using it against us. I don't think this is the first battle, Fukushima is an escalation.

It's this thinking that is making me pee my pants. It scares the hell out of me. It's diabolical. God I hope I am WRONG.

I'm not a conspiracy person, I am generally very level-headed unless I've been drinking! I feel like I have been. Kook/spook thinking makes me laugh, I have to laugh at myself for entertaining these thoughts! What a fool! Of course I must be wrong, birds are chirping, sun is shining, everything is fine! The logic strands of this event lead to certain conclusions that can't be avoided. I want to be wrong. Prove me wrong.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
This is a google translated article so unless someone here can read Japanese...

Private testing finds Plutonium in rice field over 50kms from Fukushima

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

I have to disagree with you here. Let's imagine this "accident" was intentional. The planners of this I would categorically describe as evil sociopaths. No question. No doubt.

reply to post by Wertwog

Then I guess this comes down to belief for you.

If this is a question of good versus evil then we must be fried. It is out of our hands in those of the Divine.

'Evil sociopaths' is in itself not all that helpful as a descriptor. 'Evil' does not require a cause to exist. It exists despite science and rationality. It is a part of belief. You can choose to believe Lucifer created crayfish and tarantulas, and God created cute and furry animals, or not believe that and instead look to scientific and rational explanations like Darwinism. Just saying.

Sociopaths, on the other hand is a condition open to a rational and scientific investigation. I think calling some of those people 'sociopaths' is very reasonable. It surely does describe the management of TEPCO, and the politicians both Japanese and non-Japanese abroad who would seek to dump this in the lap of TEPCO and continue with the madness of nuclear plants run according to profit goals rather than those of public good. The imperative to profit from nuclear power stations, has led to this situation, and sociopaths have been attracted to the kinds of positions that serve corporate policies that result in decisions made to increase profits rather than serve public good.

Not all company directors and CEOS enter corporations without a heart or conscience, and not all politicians enter politics free of human empathy and honesty, but if they survive long enough in the job and do well, it is because their disposition, even morality reflects what is desirable for the job. It really is as simple as they are the best men/women for the job. So yes, we have sociopaths directing TEPCO policy, with the outcomes we see, and we have sociopaths in government, Machiavellians all, who would rather hide the truth from the people for their own self interest.

I believe the nuclear crises enveloping the Northern hemisphere and indeed affecting the globe has a rational explanation, and furthermore is indicative of systemic failure at multiple levels. To my mind, these kinds of events things have causes. They don't derive from evil. Although nature threw us a bad double punch, we were not only underprepared, we had made no preparations at all for such an event, even though science and historical evidence made it inevitable. And here we can talk about not only Fukushima but also the Gulf 'Spill', the floods in Queensland,and perhaps even the West Coast mining disaster in NZ.

Both corporate greed and the conspiring of our own governments to hide the evidence and whitewash the criminal negligence to blame cannot be simply put down to 'evil' men and women. Or even a bunch of sociopaths in control. Because who has allowed them to have control? We have. All of us. And it has not been entirely our own fault, because the system is what it is and has been in place before we were born.

This is a failure of the system. It is systemic failure. We need to recognise this, as scientists, engineers, and whatever is our professional calling or not.

edit on 15-5-2011 by Tallone because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-5-2011 by Tallone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Sometimes you find the most interesting ideas - in questions.

Question:

Can someone supply the IP's at Fukushima Daiichi so we can sniff around a little to try to locate Magna’s VPN connection to the cameras?

Answer:

www.tepco.co.jp... Main site, includes status indicators for their reactors.

www.tepco.co.jp... The Fukushima Daiichi plant. News update pdf's, all in Japanese
www.tepco.co.jp... Webcam.

Response:

Routed through Tepco of course. TY.

Primo routing info harvested from inside .jp

www.harenet.ad.jp...

Source from comments this link

Wonder where this "rabbit" hole on harenet leads? Anyone else know how to dig a rabbit out of a hole?

Would that we could...take it all back...

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent. I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says, 'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.' I suppose we all thought that one way or another."

top topics

<< 867  868  869    871  872  873 >>

join