It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 867.htm
<< 864  865  866    868  869  870 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ren1999

Originally posted by ren1999
As far as the seismologists, nuclear energy managers and politicians, they are just incompetent. They don't have a clue what they are doing. They are also very lazy and really don't have any urgency or energy to help. All of them are completely worthless.

A lot of them are completely immoral, smoking on the street around little children, driving dangerously close to children, suicidal.

This is one of the very few complaints I have about Japan. People like that.

Kind of funny your complaints about Japan fit many Western countries I might care to name, but won't out of respect for the readership here.

The Fukushima /TEPCO/GOVERNMENT disaster really ought to indicate to those interested in the content of this thread and living in a country with a nuclear industry might want to reflect on the presence of local counterparts in their own backyard. As some here point out there has been for example a massive Gulf oil spill which up until Fukushima would surely have stood as the biggest manmade environmental disaster in global history, and certainly immoral decisions by both corporate and government entities can easily be associated with it.

edit on 14-5-2011 by Tallone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

This is what they are calling "carrying work"
What ever happened to a lead lined forklift?
Their disposabile help cannot drive or get a license ?
What a f-ing joke.
I got no kids and a bad back, maybe I better take donations and go over there.

Have to blow the picture up and see what the white thing is, but it don't look like fork lift and thay make it look like they are doing one of there house moving ceramonies.

edit on 14-5-2011 by rbrtj because: added info

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverlok

ON NHK today they have lots of Tepco news :

"TEPCO: Years needed to remove damaged nuclear fuel"

"Radioactivity at No.3 reactor leaking into ocean"

"TEPCO to review cooling operation"
..."But it now says that it will study a plan to circulate water directly from the basement, through a decontamination filter and heat exchanger, and then back into the reactor.

On Tuesday, TEPCO is expected to submit a revised operation schedule to the government. However, a series of problems facing the company is likely to delay its efforts to bring all the reactors at the facility under control.

Sunday, May 15, 2011 08:57 +0900"

This thread had that idea , oh about a month ago ....

"TEPCO looking into radioactive water leak"
"The company plans to bring in 10 heat exchangers by Tuesday and connect them to pipes.

Water can be sent to heat exchangers only when the containment vessel holds a certain level of water. Uncertainty regarding the current level of the water is another challenge facing TEPCO."

So in reality nothing they have done has worked , they really don't have any plan at this point, and are in almost the same situation as they were on march 16th. That is one sharp organization ...how can they still be in charge ?, they admit open cores , no more diddle f'n around start filling those things with sand or concrete or something to slow up the radiation and get to work building a containment and sea-wall trench ... it should have been started over a month ago . also they should be removing the rods from the pools at 5 and 6 for internment else where or in a dry casks and they also should be using the remote controlled trucks to be removing the rods from 1-4 also , even if they have to blast part of the roof off to get to them ....

Totally agree. Personally I have had enough of hearing of TEPCO inaction and ineptitude - to cover the obvious greed involved in the decision making that led to this situation.

When are Japanese people going to stand up and say they too have had enough and actually take some action, en masse? Because it should be obvious by now their government is never going to do that for them, and it appears the Japanese government and TEPCO are bound inseparably to one another, probably because heck knows - but one can only suspect - they are at the very top the same people with the very same self interested self serving agenda.

Will it take another year or so when significant clusters of deformed babies eventuate, or another ten or twenty years for the cancers?

edit on 15-5-2011 by Tallone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

let's see now
edit on 15-5-2011 by rbrtj because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

I have thought for a while know when it became obvious they weren't going to do mass evacuations beyond 20km that this must be their strategy. JapGov is intentionally leaving their people in the contaminated zones. As insane as this is, I've been wondering over the rationale.

A quick multiple choice quiz:

The reason JapGov isn't mass evacuating is?

a) The contamination is more widespread and more severe than is being admitted, there is nowhere to evacuate to; ie: the whole island is so contaminated there is no point.
b) Japanese are Nippon, they will never abandon their homeland no matter how bad it gets and they would rather suffer genetic damage, cancers, mass deaths and deformity than leave.
c) They would rather downplay the consequences to reduce the cognitive dissonance of staying and what it will do to them and future generations.
d) To evacuate to the safe areas in the south would cause stock market crash/panic the populace, the global economy would be too adversely effected.
e) The nuclear industry cannot afford to abandon plants operating in the north.
f) They have a profound misunderstanding and ignorance of what radiation is and how harmful it is.
g) If they expand evacuations zones too much it is an admission of how serious the accident is. They would be shamed and loose face in the eyes of the world. This embarrassment is too much to bear and they will fight to avoid this humiliation (a very big deal to Japanese).
h) all of the above

They've run the numbers. They are willing to accept the min 200,000K + deaths within 10 years. They will hide this from the world just as they did during Hiroshima/Nagasaki. These deaths will be blamed on "heart disease/diabetes etc". They know how to do this and have the playbook from WWII post-bombing coverup. The consequences of proper mass evacuations etc (ie: doing the right thing) mean the loss of their country. I believe they feel they have no alternative. In the case of Chernobyl it was not on an island. Russia had many alternatives for evacuations, even still they conducted their own mass misinfo campaign and did not evac Kiev and other areas that we now know should have been.

edit on 15-5-2011 by Wertwog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tallone
Kind of funny your complaints about Japan fit many Western countries I might care to name, but won't out of respect for the readership here.

The Fukushima /TEPCO/GOVERNMENT disaster really ought to indicate to those interested in the content of this thread and living in a country with a nuclear industry might want to reflect on the presence of local counterparts in their own backyard. As some here point out there has been for example a massive Gulf oil spill which up until Fukushima would surely have stood as the biggest manmade environmental disaster in global history, and certainly immoral decisions by both corporate and government entities can easily be associated with it.

Agreed , and the origami of government corporations and banks needs some unfolding and exposition

ON a related note :

NHK reports that

Japan's major banking groups have lent more than 2.6 trillion yen, or 30 billion dollars, since the March 11th disaster.

with most of that money going to TEPCO:

The rise in lending was caused by massive loans made to Tokyo Electric Power Company to deal with the accident at its nuclear power plant, and corporate desire to secure cash on hand.

And it would appear that the banks loaning Tepco money own stock in TEPCO

They also booked losses totaling over 1.86 billion dollars to reflect the devaluation of Tokyo Electric Power Company shares in their portfolios -- another indication of the impact the disaster has had on them.

Can't see a conflict of interest there , and it would appear that without a conflict of interest the banks would have no reason to quietly support Tepco's incompetent handling of the disaster as a tactic to keep share prices up as long as possible.

Meanwhile as TePCO gets cash in hand and a nod and wink at the other end of the stick :

Govt may enact special law over nuke compensation

Fukushima Governor Yuhei Sato met Kan at the prime minister's office in Tokyo on Saturday.

Sato said the meltdown at the No.1 reactor was finally made clear 64 days after the nuclear accident. He called on the central government to bring the situation under control as quickly as possible.

Kan ... hinted at the possibility of enacting special laws on compensation payments.

The people most effected get a hint, so if you put cash in one hand and hints in the other which one fills up first ?

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertwog

Divesting in Japan is not going to kill us.

In fact this is an oppurtunity to clear our slate.
edit on 15-5-2011 by rbrtj because: miss spell.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertwog

I think you are exactly right, the unfortunate thing is that a handful of men are deciding the fate of hundreds of thousands if not millions, judge jury and in this case executioner, simply for the profit motive of a small slice . In a way it's "f" I think they are counting on the most , the perfect corporate crime has found it's perfect face in the guise of the the invisible killer.

I think you left out one though

i) a very exact and thorough knowledge and understanding of the term 'no immediate threat' ( of course not mentioning when it will be a threat and to whom )

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

I read some where that the Japanese governemt is going to take a stake in the Tepco company in return for loans, at least that was in the works a week ago.

Gotta love their logic bet they won't get a return like we did from GM.
I personally hope we start kicking out cars and stuff and leave them in the dust.
We cannot afford to waste a crisis.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by rbrtj

aren't they just aligning those boards underneath the object before they lower it with the forklift? I dont really see the forklift either, maybe part of it, looks like it has to be there though ?

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
www.reuters.com...

* Officials readying new tactics for Fukushima * Radioactive water pooled in basement of No. 1 unit * Update on timetable for stabilising plant due on Tuesday (Adds quote, details, situation at No. 3 and No. 4 reactors) By Rie Ishiguro and Kevin Krolicki TOKYO, May 15 (Reuters) - Japanese officials are readying a new approach to cooling reactors at the Fukushima nuclear plant after discovering an Olympic swimming pool-sized pond of radioactive water in the basement of a unit crippled by the March earthquake and tsunami.

Cold shutdown scheduled for JANUARY ?? WTH !!

Despite the setback, Japanese nuclear safety officials and the plant's operator, Tokyo Electric Power (TEPCO) , plan to stick to a target of stabilising the plant and bringing its reactors to a state of "cold shutdown" by January. At that point, the fuel at the core of the reactors would have dropped in temperature and no longer be capable of boiling the surrounding water. "We want to preserve the timetable, but at the same time we're going to have to change our approach," Goshi Hosono, an adviser to Prime Minister Naoto Kan, told a television talk show on Sunday.

Sorry if this has already been posted

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Good Morning Fellow Collective Brain Cells. Wonder if TEPCO has a "plan" for hiding Earth Quakes....3 in row, I woke up to.

M 4.8, near the east coast of Honshu, Japan

Sunday, May 15, 2011 12:33:02 UTC
Sunday, May 15, 2011 09:33:02 PM at epicenter

Depth: 34.90 km (21.69 mi)
Posted on 15 May 2011 | 12:33 pm:

M 4.9, off the east coast of Honshu, Japan

Sunday, May 15, 2011 12:14:18 UTC
Sunday, May 15, 2011 10:14:18 PM at epicenter

Depth: 35.10 km (21.81 mi)
Posted on 15 May 2011 | 12:14 pm

M 5.2, off the east coast of Honshu, Japan

Sunday, May 15, 2011 10:25:21 UTC
Sunday, May 15, 2011 07:25:21 PM at epicenter

Depth: 30.00 km (18.64 mi)
Posted on 15 May 2011 | 10:25 am

newsblogged.com...

Des
edit on 03/28/2011 by Destinyone because: add links

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Agreed

Originally posted by Silverlok

reply to post by rbrtj

So in reality nothing they have done has worked , they really don't have any plan at this point, and are in almost the same situation as they were on march 16th. That is one sharp organization ...how can they still be in charge ?, they admit open cores , no more diddle f'n around start filling those things with sand or concrete or something to slow up the radiation and get to work building a containment and sea-wall trench ... it should have been started over a month ago . also they should be removing the rods from the pools at 5 and 6 for internment else where or in a dry casks and they also should be using the remote controlled trucks to be removing the rods from 1-4 also , even if they have to blast part of the roof off to get to them ....

edit on 14-5-2011 by Silverlok because: (no reason given)

This circus of tents and cooling systems has to end. Every moment wasted is at the cost of more lives needlessly sacrificed.

Amazing work last night and this morning by all on this thread. Thank you so very much for the excellent information and on-going analysis. While the web cam images may be obscured; the picture painted by the accumulated knowledge of the Fukushima disaster in this entire thread has become crystal clear.

Deadly Silence on Fukushima

People need answers, data and honest information to help them deal with what is going on. Media blackouts, propaganda and greedy self-interested industries, of any kind, who allow human beings' health to be affected, and deaths to occur, must be stopped now. That senior TEPCO man and the leading nuclear academic in Japan did not break down crying and resign their positions because all was well at Fukushima. Think about it world, and act now before it is too late.

Huffington Post - good summary

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
found this video from yesterday.
. Dr Kaku has some things wrong, i.e. he still thinks that the cores were not TOTALLY exposed, but if you can look past that, he has some things to say that we have been saying all along.
edit on 15/5/2011 by Hellhound604 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Evacuation begins from widened no-go zone near Fukushima plant

Masahiro Kanno, a 34-year-old Kawamata resident with two sons aged 5 and 8, was unhappy with the evacuation order. "It sounds strange that the government first said we have nothing to worry but suddenly told us to leave," he said.

FUKUSHIMA (Kyodo) -- Residents in Kawamata and Iitate began leaving their homes Sunday after their living areas were included in an evacuation radius the government widened last month around the radiation-leaking Fukushima nuclear power plant.

Kawamata Mayor Michio Furukawa met with some 50 residents in the first group of evacuees, including babies and toddlers, telling them, "I know you are worried but we will overcome difficulties together."

The government designated Kawamata and Iitate on April 22 as part of the area from which residents would be required to leave in roughly one month's time, as cumulative radiation exposure is expected to exceed the yardstick of 20 millisieverts during the course of a year.

Source

These are the people who were told they had 30 days to evacuate...and they had to figure out how to do it themselves.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

edit on 03/28/2011 by Destinyone because: already posted

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Ladies and Gentlemen -

Taking center ring in the Fukushima circus of things they surely and should have known two months ago is: (drumroll) (spot light on)

Original plan to cool Fukushima nuclear reactor to be scrapped

TOKYO (Kyodo) -- An adviser to Prime Minister Naoto Kan indicated Sunday that a plan to flood and cool the No. 1 reactor's containment vessel at the crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant with water will be abandoned as holes have been created by melted nuclear fuel at the bottom of the pressure vessel.

How helpful that the designers had already put handy holes in the bottom of these reactors.

And in ring two (their second paragraph)

Goshi Hosono, tasked with handling the nuclear crisis, told TV programs, however, that the government will keep intact the "road map" devised by plant operator Tokyo Electric Power Co. to bring the Nos. 1 to 3 reactors under control within six to nine months.

So they want to control reactors that nuclear fuel has already leaked out of? The bedrock and ocean tides are now the reactors. Must we wait six to nine months to scrap that useless plan as well?

And in the third ring (their third paragraph)

On the original plan to completely submerge the 4-meter-tall fuel rods by filling the vessel with water, Hosono said, ''We should not cause the (radioactive) water to flow into the sea by taking such a measure.''

He also should have said, "like we have been causing to happen this entire time and will continue to do so."

Time to beach these bad boys. Somebody needs to go in there and take this operation over and start building some serious sandboxes. This entire area of Japan is now a dead zone on our planet and will be for longer into the future than we can see into our human past. Whether we can ever stop the toxic tides and groundwater now remains to be seen.

Source

edit on 15-5-2011 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
one the live cam ... lots of steam coming from #4 again...

edit on 15/5/2011 by Hellhound604 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I found this interesting.. Japan's people stressing over the disaster. I personally can't imagine what they are going through.

mdn.mainichi.jp...

One woman came up to me, saying, "I cannot tolerate my 'difference in the way of thinking' with my husband." She was deeply shocked by the disaster and considered sending relief supplies and monetary donations and going to disaster-hit areas to do volunteer work.

But her husband gave her a frosty look and said, "You will be of no use at all even if you go there. If you have such energy, why don't you brush up on your cooking skills?"

"It's natural that I feel I want to do something for devastated areas. I question my husband's humanity. I want to divorce him," she angrily said.

Of course, she felt hurt when her offer of goodwill was rebuked by her husband in such a rude manner. But I am not sure what her husband said reflects his real thoughts.

Her husband may also be in pain over the disaster and really feels miserable about his helplessness to do something about it, and that may be why he responded cynically to her remarks.

I counseled her, "Nobody can keep calm right now. Please don't try to judge his human qualities by his remarks."

Then there is another case where a woman, trying to lead "a business as usual life as much as possible," is fed up with her mother who is nervous about fears of radioactive materials, and a family feud ensues.

"The family relationship is getting strained. It's a victim of the nuclear accident," the woman said with a wry smile.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Another busy day...

M 4.8, off the east coast of Honshu, Japan
37.798°N 142.732°E

Sunday, May 15, 2011 13:48:36 UTC
Sunday, May 15, 2011 11:48:36 PM at epicenter

Depth: 20.10 km (12.49 mi)

Posted on 15 May 2011 | 1:48 pm

new topics

top topics

<< 864  865  866    868  869  870 >>