It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 864.htm
<< 861  862  863    865  866  867 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
At the live cam site ,,Is that hail that can heard in the background?? hail ,, mist,, ???
edit on 13-5-2011 by BobAthome because: I swear they better change that bird,, he's gotta take a leak sometime,,, lol

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by Silverlok

Silver, saw two small AC, maybe helicopters, through the fog, low elevation, slow speed. Circled approx 8 times around R1 through R4. Movements more in line with small AC. I thought maybe checking facility after 6.2 EQ. Could be doing air testing...What a novel concept...TEPCO taking air readings.

Des

Interesting, slow is hard to do so rotor craft would be high on the list...though it may not be Tepco...it may be ministry of defense...and ... going around the perimeter multiple times seems to indicate thermal as more important than visual...

Now I wonder if any independent reporters, or Greenpeace, or anyone with a couple of grand to spare has thought about using PRIVATE remote vehicles to get radiation samples and images from FUKU and the surrounding area. It would be pretty simple to use a google car like set up (and why isn't google doing this ?) with radiation monitors to start getting some valuable data ....

now if Greenpeace were smart they would hire some locals and do this exact thing...I mean if the seaweed miles from shore is bad it sure would be nice for some 'independent' numbers from places "off-limits" on shore, and man would it be nice to get some shots of the poolium falls , you know historically speaking

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

My first impression was fixed wing, 4-6 seats tight low loops around facility minimal variation in altitude. No hovering, nor stationary action....like flying the pattern at a mid sized private airport.

If it were anything other than TEPCO or Gov't craft...we'd have seen those shot down in a heart beat.

Des

edit on 03/28/2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

edit on 03/28/2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
And why one of the biggest man-made environmental catas
trophies isn't headline news,with real-time coverage anywhere,is beyond me! The oil spill in the gulf including this will affect all life probably forever,people need to know about this, the msm really has their eye off the ball
edit on 13-5-2011 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

So you have to wonder - could the common spent fuel pool be connected through pipes, channels, pits, groundwater, underground streams, or the ocean - to the six reactors too and be in danger?

They have admitted to cooling reactors 5 and 6 with hoses and water trucks enslaving duped workers because cooling systems have not been functioning properly.And these are the "in cold shutdown" reactors. These systems would have been damaged in the earthquake and/or the tsunami. How healthy is the cooling system in the common spent fuel pool then?

And, doesn't this nuclear stuff/fubarium like to communicate with and get similar stuff all hot and bothered? Could the underground water/flooding, interconnect the radioactive particles throughout the plant if enough of it falls into or below ground? Would this run the risk of increasing chain reactions and criticality?

Yes, I know three reactors in total meltdown, four boom and doom events, withholding of radiation data, six spent fuel pools, six "dryer" pools, fubarium blown everywhere, 6.0+ aftershocks, radioactive oceans, ground, sludge for miles is probably enough to worry about. But, after all, it is Friday the 13th so you have to ask? Could there be more wrong? And, we have only just begun to scratch the surface of the human toll this will take.

edit on 13-5-2011 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
The human toll.

Consider this as just a side note...a horrible side note, of what cancer is...when you have it.

Cancer patients denied pain relief in Ukraine, suffer unbearable agony

CHERKASY, Ukraine — When his brain cancer pain became unbearable, Vlad Zhukovsky pleaded for a stronger dose of painkiller, but the doctors refused, citing Ukrainian health regulations. Unable to withstand the agony, he tried to jump out of a hospital window, but a fellow patient held him back.

“He wanted to fall head down to be killed right away to stop the torture, that’s how much his head hurt,” his 50-year-old mother Nadezhda said sobbing. “He howled like a wolf.”

Hundreds of thousands of Ukrainians who suffer from terminal illnesses are denied proper pain relief, Human Rights Watch said in a report Thursday, urging Ukrainian authorities to adopt international guidelines for pain management.

“These people are crossed out from life even before death,” said Viktor Paramonov, head doctor at the Cherkasy Regional Oncology Center in central Ukraine.

Rooted in archaic Soviet-era restrictions and a government campaign to fight illegal drug use, Ukrainian regulations for the use of opioid-based analgesics are among the strictest in the world. Unlike most countries, where patients receive morphine in tablets, the drug is administered in Ukraine only in injectable form and only by a professional nurse. Prescribing morphine requires a team of doctors with hard-to-get licenses.

World Health Organization guidelines dictate that patients must receive as much pain medication as they need. But most Ukrainian doctors cap the daily morphine dose at 50 milligrams — far less than patients in severe pain need — based on the instructions of a local pharmaceutical company.

With patients often suicidal from pain, some doctors break the law to alleviate their suffering, risking a prison sentence for illegal possession and distribution of drugs.

Serhiy Psyurnik, who runs a small palliative care group in Cherkasy that supported Vlad, said he recently cared for a cancer-stricken retired police officer who kept a handgun under his pillow so he could kill himself if the nurse did not arrive on time and his pain became too severe.

The Washington Post

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

cause if it is hail i would expect it to be of the hot kind.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Another aside,

You know that flood we are having in the middle of the U.S. Well here's where it is heading...

Some officials said Thursday that spillover effects resulting from the flood could threaten other industries. That includes the possibility that the Waterford 3 nuclear power plant in Taft, Louisiana, could be closed, according to CNN affiliate WGNO.

The Mississippi River is expected to crest at 26.6 feet in Taft on May 23. If it reaches 27 feet, officials told WGNO, the plant's water intake system could shut down.

CNN

So you can just "close" a plant and not have to worry about all this cool down stuff? Ppppplease.....Somebody tell me their backup generators are on a hill, they have diesel fuel in reserve, somebody is going to watch the fuel level in said generator, coolant is on standby to circulate through the cooling system, we have a stopper for the intake (that does not involve baby diapers), and rubber boots at the ready.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
remember 70R death in 4 hours. ,, don't look very contained too me,,

You know and those birds keep sining??? anything in the vacinity?? ITS BEEN 2 months ,, what is this "MOX with slow acting time release capsules?? critical was long time ago,,, should have went BOOM no evidence etc,, instead it went,, Nuke Boy TAKES A #,, but not go boom,,, ok,,,,,,,were confirmed critical meltdown starting 2 months ago,,, what now?????
My best guess was watching it live that night ,,getting ready to wake, people,,, just as it went "BOOM" white screen,, so any guess's from here ,, be my guest,, cause were in the TWILITE ZONE now,,
and why do the wave's comming into shore always look like they are in slow motion?
isnt there a typhon of the coast ?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DancedWithWolves

So you have to wonder - could the common spent fuel pool be connected through pipes, channels, pits, groundwater, underground streams, or the ocean - to the six reactors too and be in danger?

They have admitted to cooling reactors 5 and 6 with hoses and water trucks enslaving duped workers because cooling systems have not been functioning properly.And these are the "in cold shutdown" reactors. These systems would have been damaged in the earthquake and/or the tsunami. How healthy is the cooling system in the common spent fuel pool then?

And, doesn't this nuclear stuff/fubarium like to communicate with and get similar stuff all hot and bothered? Could the underground water/flooding, interconnect the radioactive particles throughout the plant if enough of it falls into or below ground? Would this run the risk of increasing chain reactions and criticality?

Yes, I know three reactors in total meltdown, four boom and doom events, withholding of radiation data, six spent fuel pools, six "dryer" pools, fubarium blown everywhere, 6.0+ aftershocks, radioactive oceans, ground, sludge for miles is probably enough to worry about. But, after all, it is Friday the 13th so you have to ask? Could there be more wrong? And, we have only just begun to scratch the surface of the human toll this will take.

It is fairly apparent that the plant did not have enough cooling capacity for the number of reactors present and that was engendered by the regulatory ideal (extremely naive) of only single reactor meltdown. E.g. the emergency cooling capacity was for only one reactor failure, and that after 3 reactors and multiple pools needing cooling the cheap ass bastards in charge are now facing the Frankenstein, or Godzilla of there own not so tight ass tight ass decisions (god how I hate corporate shills) . obviously they would like to keep this fact secret at any cost as it is an industry standard world wide.

it was inevitable (as this thread has exposed) that they would be pumping water every where, so inevitably, they have KNOWINGLY been polluting the ocean the entire time ( sorry Tepco as a plumbing an hydraulics expert no way in the world is that little flow puddle responsible for the total water loss) and yes as I have stated many times the 'hot' water soon losses it's ability to be effective at cooling , sop the transfer back and forth has ABSOLUTELY NEEDED A DUMPING GROUND THIS ENTIRE TIME ...WHICH MEANS THAT THEY HAVE NEVER STOPPED POLLUTING THE PACIFIC OCEAN..

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...Im not looking forward to canned seafood,i hope it being tested
im sorry,this whole thing is just so upsetting,i'm not an alarmist yet people think i'm nuts when i even mention it '
' out of site out of minds

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DancedWithWolves
Another aside,

You know that flood we are having in the middle of the U.S. Well here's where it is heading...

Some officials said Thursday that spillover effects resulting from the flood could threaten other industries. That includes the possibility that the Waterford 3 nuclear power plant in Taft, Louisiana, could be closed, according to CNN affiliate WGNO.

The Mississippi River is expected to crest at 26.6 feet in Taft on May 23. If it reaches 27 feet, officials told WGNO, the plant's water intake system could shut down.

CNN

So you can just "close" a plant and not have to worry about all this cool down stuff? Ppppplease.....Somebody tell me their backup generators are on a hill, they have diesel fuel in reserve, somebody is going to watch the fuel level in said generator, coolant is on standby to circulate through the cooling system, we have a stopper for the intake (that does not involve baby diapers), and rubber boots at the ready.

This is Louisiana we are talking about.......remember how well the federal and state officials handled Louisiana during Katrina.....
.....I swear it was an operation of "population reduction" combined with the incompetency of our officials....By the way Arnie Gundersen, nuclear physicist, said that our Nuclear Regulatory Safety Commission here in the states had stated, as recent as last October, that there is zero probability of nuclear reactor containment vessels leaking., and they are basing their plans accordingly ....we NOW know how WRONG that is with the vessels in Fukishima leaking.........God help us all with these clowns in charge.......
edit on 13-5-2011 by RoyalBlue because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Surprise .....Surprise.....Surprise......Not!

TEPCO concealed radiation data before explosion at No. 3 reactor

Tokyo Electric Power Co. concealed data showing spikes in radiation levels at the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant in March, one day before a hydrogen explosion injured seven workers.

The Asahi Shimbun obtained a 100-page internal TEPCO report containing minute-to-minute data on radiation levels at the plant as well as pressure and water levels inside the No. 3 reactor from March 11 to April 30.

The data has never been released by the company that operates the stricken plant.

The unpublished information shows that at 1:17 p.m. on March 13, 300 millisieverts of radiation per hour was detected inside a double-entry door at the No. 3 reactor building. At 2:31 p.m., the radiation level was measured at 300 millisieverts or higher per hour to the north of the door.

Both levels were well above the upper limit of 250 millisieverts for an entire year under the plant's safety standards for workers. But the workers who were trying to bring the situation under control at the plant were not informed of the levels.

Keiji Miyazaki, professor emeritus of nuclear reactor engineering at Osaka University, criticized TEPCO's policy. He said such important data should be immediately released to ensure the safety of the public and workers at the plant, especially in an emergency like the Fukushima nuclear accident. Miyazaki said TEPCO's decision to conceal the data must be scrutinized.

Maybe this will lead to more scrutiny/questioning of TEPCO and maybe Asahi will "obtain" more internal TEPCO reports.

asahi

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
At the river today...

How bright the sweet grass
how clear the silky water clings to thick fur
scenting wet noses and moistening joy-fired eyes

look to the indigo sky loved one
death is seeping down into the pores
turning beauty into pain that will come later

how I will miss you soft earth
under feet that loved and killed you
that thought we could slave your deep secrets

now I am a nation of unbelieving
of today and tomorrows broken by what's in the sky
few will remain to tread upon our weaknesses.

edit on 14-5-2011 by Wertwog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
www.flickr.com... These are marked May 10th. Not sure if you've seen these

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
looks like a construction concrete pump boom

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Worker dies at Japan nuclear plant
Agence France-Presse

www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/05/14/3216924.htm

A worker died at Japan's disaster-stricken Fukushima nuclear power plant as emergency crews continued their operations to prevent a major meltdown, the plant's operator said.

The male worker in his 60s was confirmed dead after he was rushed to hospital after falling unconscious at the plant, Tokyo Electric Power Co (TEPCO) spokesman Taichi Okazaki said.

He said 0.17 millisievert of radiation was detected at the work place, far below the company's safety threshold of 5 millisieverts.

"No radioactive substances were detected on the worker," Mr Okazaki said. There were no signs of injury on the dead man.

(...)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjjtir
Worker dies at Japan nuclear plant
Agence France-Presse

www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/05/14/3216924.htm

A worker died at Japan's disaster-stricken Fukushima nuclear power plant as emergency crews continued their operations to prevent a major meltdown, the plant's operator said.

The male worker in his 60s was confirmed dead after he was rushed to hospital after falling unconscious at the plant, Tokyo Electric Power Co (TEPCO) spokesman Taichi Okazaki said.

He said 0.17 millisievert of radiation was detected at the work place, far below the company's safety threshold of 5 millisieverts.

"No radioactive substances were detected on the worker," Mr Okazaki said. There were no signs of injury on the dead man.

(...)

From the same news article:

My bold.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
They must think we're mighty stupid.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I am going to quote an old post of mine because it contains many quotes from experts, who warned TEPCO about their disgraceful treatment of their workers.

I hope TEPCO reads this and thinks of the man who has lost his life, and his family.

Originally posted by Moonbeams771
I have previously posted about the extremely poor treatment of the Fukushima workers. The following day, the government said that they would improve conditions.

"The workers, as well as the Self-Defense Forces and firefighters, are working under extremely harsh conditions...so (the conditions for) food and sleep must be improved first," the minister of economy, trade and industry said.

A few weeks later and we get this news:

Fukushima nuke workers at risk of depression, overwork death

Tokyo Electric Power Co. workers engaged in efforts to stabilize the crisis-hit Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant are at risk of depression or death from overwork, a doctor who recently saw them said Wednesday.

and this:

Heat stroke adds to TEPCO workers' woes

Some workers have suffered heat stroke while working in heavy protective suits in radioactive areas with no air conditioning.

...Because they are not allowed to take off the masks during work, they cannot even drink water. Temperatures inside the suits rise sharply after only 30 minutes of exertion. Most of the air-conditioning system at the plant was made unusable by the tsunami.

They still have to sleep onsite, exposing them to further radiation, instead of transporting them in from an offsite location. They sleep with their gas masks on:

Only one structure at the plant is air-conditioned, a quake-resistant building where about 250 workers stay at night.

These workers are making huge personal sacrifices and I fail to see any justification for the poor treatment of these "heroes", by one of the worlds wealthiest counties.

Japan, you should be ashamed.

Sources:
The Manichi Daily
Kyodo
Daily Yomuiri
The Daily Mail

A worker at the crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant died Saturday

R.I.P.

top topics

<< 861  862  863    865  866  867 >>

join