It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 862.htm
<< 859  860  861    863  864  865 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Tworide

have just looked on the site and it looks like an update from the 4th of May to the 11th is now posted

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
The IAEA report finally has been updated to May 11

IAEA Briefing on Fukushima Nuclear Accident (4 - 11 May 2011, 17:00 UTC)

The daily monitoring of the deposition of caesium and iodine radionuclides for 47 prefectures is continuing. For the period 5 - 10 May, deposition of I-131 was detected in three prefectures, with values ranging from 1.5 Bq/m2 to 4.5 Bq/m2. Deposition of Cs-137 was detected in eight prefectures in the same period, the values reported ranging from 3 Bq/m2 to 44 Bq/m2. The reported values show that variable but low level deposition of radionuclides was still occurring in some prefectures.

It's interesting that more than 60 days after the event and they are still detecting depositions of I-131.

www.iaea.org...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackieO
reply to post by Tworide

have just looked on the site and it looks like an update from the 4th of May to the 11th is now posted

from their latest report www.iaea.org..., and I quote :

TEPCO has elaborated a measure to fill the primary containment vessel of Unit 1 with water up to a level above the reactor fuel rods. This measure is intended to provide stable cooling of the reactor and reactor pressure vessel. The planned steps are: Reduce radiation levels in the reactor building by installing a filtered air circulation system (completed), remove rubble, decontaminate and install shielding; Recalibrate existing reactor pressure vessel water level and pressure instruments and install additional reactor pressure vessel water level gauges to improve monitoring of conditions inside the reactor pressure vessel; Install primary and secondary closed-loop cooling systems; Flood the containment to provide a water supply for the primary system.

OMFG!!!! are they still under the illusion of having an intact pressure vessel????? The latest IAEA report is nothing but a frigging joke!!!!. Sorry for loosing my cool, but I think they are worse than ostriches hiding their heads in the sand!!!! WAKE UP IAEA!!!!!, or are you so indoctrinated by your own indoctrinations that you cannot see what is happening?????
The rest of the report basically states that nothing is out of control, that everything is normal!!!!! Am I going mad or what??????
edit on 13/5/2011 by Hellhound604 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13/5/2011 by Hellhound604 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13/5/2011 by Hellhound604 because: grrrr ... seeing so red that I can't even spell the IAEA's name right

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellhound604

No, you area not "going" mad...you're "getting" mad. As are we all. We have every reason to be horrified. That in this day and age, one tiny portion of the whole world, is allowed to contaminate us all, is mind boggling, to say the least.

I'm calling to let them know...we are watching them. We are not going away, much like this story has. I hope you will too. It's an 800 free phone, call..the more the merrier I say. If just making that one call is all you can do...DO IT!

Do it for your children. Do it for poor people of Japan, who are being treated like mushrooms, kept in the dark, and fed sh+t. Do it for this Planet Earth. This one, and only world, we have to live on. Do it to set energy in motion, in a positive direction. Do it to let them know...IT'S NOT OK to sweep this under the global rug of ignorance. Do it because you DESERVE to be heard.... Get good and mad, and DO IT

Contact details

U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission
Washington, DC 20555-0001
Phone: 1-800-368-5642 (within the US)
Phone: +1 301 415 7000 (outside the US)

End of rant...

Des
edit on 03/28/2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

edit on 13-5-2011 by curioustype because: Malfunction in quote/editing code - could not correct

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertwog

TEPCO admits meltdown NHK

What a "co inky dink", TEPCO admits (finally!!) to a meltdown in unit #1 THE DAY AFTER the IAEA releases it's now WEEKLY Fuku report that's based on what TEPCO reports to them. So we won't see an IAEA response about a meltdown and breach of the RPV until NEXT Friday?! (Which we extrapolated from the data long ago) IMHO, the IAEA's "we're on top of it" cred is going to take a hit over this obvious delay in releasing this pertinent information....
edit on 13-5-2011 by Tworide because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-5-2011 by Tworide because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-5-2011 by Tworide because: added text

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I feel sorry for people having kids here in the northern hemispherel. My onliest comfort is that my son is in Africa, the Southern parts, that seems to be quite safe for now. I am oldish, so if I lose my life due to cancer due to radiation it won't be that big a thing to me, but I feel so sorry for our kids and their kids, that have nothing to do with the mess our generation left for them... I am not at all religious, but isn't that what the bible states, that the sins of the fathers will fall onto their children???

sorry for my outburst, I think I need to go outside, to "Slappe av", and get myself under control again....

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Hi folks here is some good news and it shows how much a phone call or e-mail to right people helps our cause.

links.mailing.greenpeace.org...
I'll post the e-mail I recieved also...

Dear Friends,

A huge thanks to all of you who helped send a loud and clear message to BNP Paribas and HSBC yesterday! Please click here if you haven't contacted the banks yet, or forward this email if you have.

From Buenos Aires to Bombay, tens of thousands of concerned individuals used telephones, emails, demonstrations and even fax machines to demand that these banks learn the lessons of Fukushima and withdraw their funding from dangerous and ill-conceived nuclear projects like that proposed in Jaitapur, India.

To everyone who participated: Your actions have made it impossible for the boards of these banks to ignore the massive global opposition to continued nuclear expansion. Thank you!

The relevance and importance of our campaign continues to be confirmed almost daily by increasingly disastrous news from Japan. As reports today confirm that fuel in Fukushima's reactor one has melted and the situation continues to slip further and further out of control, the folly of proposals to build plants like Jaitapur becomes evermore starkly obvious.

Yet, despite the currently unfolding and constantly worsening nuclear crisis in Japan, banks such as BNP Paribas and HSBC still consider puting billions dollars/Euros required to fund such risky nuclear projects in geologically unstable areas.

It is more important than ever that we call on banks to lead our planet into a future of secure, sustainable and clean energy by withdrawing funding for demonstrably dangerous nuclear and providing desperately needed investment in safe, clean, renewable energy.

If you haven't already let the banks know that you want them to stop funding dangerous nuclear projects and take the lead towards a safe, sustainable energy future, you still can.

Visit our website to send your email now

If you are already one of the thousands who put their concerns and demands in writing, thank you for your support. Why not follow up your email and keep the pressure on by sending a personal direct message to the banks - we have collected a list of public contacts from BNP Paribas and HSBC here. The more the banks hear from all of us - the better!

Kind regards

Joao Talocchi
Greenpeace campaigner

Thanks from me to Des and ALL the others who are taking action.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
And with that announcement,, by the IAEA's top poobahs's this thread is now CLOSED.

All information and the related information as well as any corrective actions needed too be implemented is now under the umbrela of the IAEA.

Goodnight and God Bless,

Cue credits,,,
to everyone who valued truth
over and above,
its ok while
they push in the knife,,
smiling all the time,, just a little bit more,,,
To those that fought against the darkness.
As in the old days, of "We shall never surrender" or "I have a Dream" or "This just isn't true"
I salute one and all,,

Closing music,,,,,
And go to Test pattern in 5,4,3,2,1, beeeeeeeeeeeeeepppppppppppppppp.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Fukushima gov't may have failed to notify 4 towns of nuclear accident
TOKYO, May 13, Kyodo

english.kyodonews.jp/news/2011/05/90974.html partially accessible

/cR5Uy3G2 fulltext news, might be on Mainichi later

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellhound604

reply to post by Tworide

TEPCO has elaborated a measure to fill the primary containment vessel of Unit 1 with water up to a level above the reactor fuel rods. This measure is intended to provide stable cooling of the reactor and reactor pressure vessel. The planned steps are: Reduce radiation levels in the reactor building by installing a filtered air circulation system (completed), remove rubble, decontaminate and install shielding; Recalibrate existing reactor pressure vessel water level and pressure instruments and install additional reactor pressure vessel water level gauges to improve monitoring of conditions inside the reactor pressure vessel; Install primary and secondary closed-loop cooling systems; Flood the containment to provide a water supply for the primary system.

OMFG!!!! are they still under the illusion of having an intact pressure vessel????? The latest IAEA report is nothing but a frigging joke!!!!. Sorry for loosing my cool, but I think they are worse than ostriches hiding their heads in the sand!!!! WAKE UP IAEA!!!!!, or are you so indoctrinated by your own indoctrinations that you cannot see what is happening?????
The rest of the report basically states that nothing is out of control, that everything is normal!!!!! Am I going mad or what??????

The purpose of the IAEA is to PROMOTE nuclear energy. Just check their site, they state this on their front page.

The idea that they are a regulatory body, or will honestly report on problems with any reactor or with nuclear energy in general is just a confidence trick. They exist to hide the facts, not to reveal them.

You can be sure that everyone on the IAEA has deep financial interests in nuclear power.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa

reply to post by Tworide

The purpose of the IAEA is to PROMOTE nuclear energy. Just check their site, they state this on their front page.

The idea that they are a regulatory body, or will honestly report on problems with any reactor or with nuclear energy in general is just a confidence trick. They exist to hide the facts, not to reveal them.

You can be sure that everyone on the IAEA has deep financial interests in nuclear power.

LOL, weird how things work. I just said the same thing, and more about industrialists pulling the strings holding the politicians, and pressed the wrong button, and deleted my entire ranting, which is a good thing, because I don't think I am in a totally coherent mood when I am this upset. Thank you for your coherent words, to state calmly that what I cannot state right now.....

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Here is the latest Fukushima pics from news.tbs.co.jp...

Heavily processed to see what is going on through the fog, but at least there is no steam from what I can see, and building 4 is still standing

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Through all these findings and new events, can someone please tell me how much Tokyo is (or could be in the near future) be affected by all this??

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I was reflecting on something I posted around 6 weeks, and maybe 500 pages ago. That we were in the calm before the storm. Now we are in the eye of the storm. Like you, Hellhound, I am of an age, I'm not worried for myself...but I can't stop feeling such an over whelming disappointment in our generation. The entities, we voted in, and funded with our hard earned dollars, have failed us miserably. We didn't put in enough checks and balances to hold them accountable.

What we can do now, I'm at a loss for. All I can do is keep squawking as loud as I can, to anyone I can grab the ear of, and shake cages....shake them hard and long, over and over. Pray that enough of us get mad. Mad enough to make a difference, in someway. TEPCO is done. I am not.

Des

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sarahko
Through all these findings and new events, can someone please tell me how much Tokyo is (or could be in the near future) be affected by all this??

if we can get a map of the ground-water flows we should get a better idea. For now the winds seems to blow North-West or North-East, so Tokyo seems safe from air-borne radioactivity for now, but for what is going on in the ocean, we have to wait for GreenPeace to do their measurements, and as far as the ground-water is concerned, who knows .........

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
TEPCO will go down in history as a dirty word. A word that equates to lies. A word used in the same sentence with sick children. A word that will never, ever again, be used in representing anything good, to anyone, TEPCO is evil.

Des

edit on 03/28/2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
We called it here almost 2 months ago....

Holes have been created by melted nuclear fuel in piping at the bottom of the reactor's pressure vessel, allowing tons of water the company has been spraying into the reactor to cool the fuel to escape

But today, an official of Japan's nuclear safety agency told reporters that flooding the containment vessel may not be necessary and the company should change its strategy.

So much for PLUG LEAK....

www.ens-newswire.com...

Des

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I think it's beginning to dawn on some, the gravity of this whole situation...

By Julian Ryall in Tokyo

Nuclear meltdown at Fukushima plant
One of the reactors at the crippled Fukushima Daiichi power plant did suffer a nuclear meltdown, Japanese officials admitted for the first time today, describing a pool of molten fuel at the bottom of the reactor's containment vessel.

Engineers from the Tokyo Electric Power company (Tepco) entered the No.1 reactor at the end of last week for the first time and saw the top five feet or so of the core's 13ft-long fuel rods had been exposed to the air and melted down.

Previously, Tepco believed that the core of the reactor was submerged in enough water to keep it stable and that only 55 per cent of the core had been damaged.

Now the company is worried that the molten pool of radioactive fuel may have burned a hole through the bottom of the containment vessel, causing water to leak.

And the biggie...imho...

Tepco has not clarified what other barriers there are to stop radioactive fuel leaking if the steel containment vessel has been breached. Greenpeace said the situation could escalate rapidly if "the lava melts through the vessel"

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Des

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sarahko

if we can get a map of the ground-water flows we should get a better idea. For now the winds seems to blow North-West or North-East, so Tokyo seems safe from air-borne radioactivity for now, but for what is going on in the ocean, we have to wait for GreenPeace to do their measurements, and as far as the ground-water is concerned, who knows .........

But if, from what I read, these radioactive clouds are spreading in various parts of the world, it must mean that Tokyo must have alreay been envelopped by massive amounts of radiation. At the end of the day, Tokyo is not THAT far from Fukushima....compared to other continents where these radioactive clouds seem to have travelled to.

I am not an expert in this, Im very ignorant, so I may be saying something extremely stupid...if so, sorry, but correct me!! Thanks

top topics

<< 859  860  861    863  864  865 >>

join