It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 860.htm
<< 857  858  859    861  862  863 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
The right hand side of 4 looked like it had crumbled a little more since yesterday when the cam returned and now it's smoking like a mofo...

Anyone know where in the R4 building the reactor is housed, is it that corner?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I think that smoking corner is over the pool. A couple of pages ago I posted a heavily processed pic in which a green object which I surmised is the green crane over the pool

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been posted but if attempts to explain the differing explosion in terms of construction differences. Would be grateful if someone in the know could confirm or deny.

Fukushima Theory

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
At least this is starting to get some attention. Reuters and Bloomberg both have articles.

And interestingly - all the way at the bottom of the Reuters article:

But Matsumoto said it was likely that the pressure vessels in the other two reactors could be leaking as well if fuel rods had collapsed and melted after the earthquake and tsunami.

Matsumoto is a general manager at the utility.

reuters

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maluhia
At least this is starting to get some attention. Reuters and Bloomberg both have articles.

But Matsumoto said it was likely that the pressure vessels in the other two reactors could be leaking as well if fuel rods had collapsed and melted after the earthquake and tsunami.

reuters

Soooo...reading between the lines...what good old Matsumoto is telling us is...As of March 11th., they've had a minimum of 3 FULL MELTDOWNS....yeppers Kiddos, that's the way I read it. Must have been those pesky slipping rods....yeah, that's the ticket. Oh hell, I'm becoming so jaded...I don't think clicking my heels 3 times together is gonna help....

Des
edit on 03/28/2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Hi all..... Greenpeace needs your help

Dear Friends,

Exactly two months ago an earthquake and tsunami hit Japan. Together, they not only resulted in a huge natural disaster, but also triggered an unprecedented man made tragedy.

The Fukushima nuclear power plant is still out of control, threatening thousands of people's health and livelihoods. If making mistakes with nuclear energy is bad enough - not learning from those mistakes is indefensible. Help us encourage banks like BNP Paribas and HSBC to learn the lessons of Fukushima and invest in safe, sustainable energy by writing to the boards of these international banks and asking them to help us stop a very risky and unnecessary nuclear project in India.

Visit our website to send your email now

links.mailing.greenpeace.org...

The proposed plant in Jaitapur, India looks set to repeat the same careless and shortsighted mistakes that turned a catastrophic natural disaster in Japan into a Chernobyl-scale nuclear disaster for the entire planet.

The Indian Environment Minister has admitted that the government's current nuclear plans for a massive coastal nuclear power plant do not cover the possible event of a tsunami. What's more, the proposed site is located in an area of high seismic activity and fragile local ecology. The stage seems set for yet another potentially disastrous nuclear catastrophe.

Such ill-conceived plans are very expensive, and require financial backing from major banks like BNP Paribas and HSBC. At a time when investment in clean, renewable energy is desperately needed to save our planet, these banks choose to maintain the destructive status-quo by continuing to invest heavily in nuclear power.

But, you can encourage them to change. Against the backdrop of a two-month old Fukushima disaster, May 11 also marks the Annual General Meeting of BNP Paribas and HSBC’s Strategy Day. Ensure the boards of these banks receive plenty of warning about nuclear funding on this day by putting your concerns in writing.

Click here to send them an email
links.mailing.greenpeace.org...
Kind regards

Joao Talocchi
Greenpeace campaigner
p.s. Once you've sent your message to the board - please consider sending a personal direct message to the banks - we have collected a list of public contacts from BNP Paribas and HSBC here. The more the banks hear from all of us - the better! Thanks again for your support.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I cannot believe how clear the Live Cam is now...
2 hrs ago heavy steam coming from the reactors & #4 at one point had a huge ball of thick steam
& I actually thought it was blowing or all coming down...still pretty windy & I haven't heard any birds since camera switch.
Do you think it's possible that the person posting the "Blog" (with the joining ATS different dates)
may also be the person providing the inside photos?
Thanks to ALL of you for such hard work & providing incredible information!!!

Ektar

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I'm getting an eerie feeling that we're watching old footage now...

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Rakka

I don't think so Rakka. This is a new camera we are looking with now. Much better definition. And, to me, R4 is in worse shape than yesterday. How are you doing, better I hope.

Des

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I hope you're right. I'm hanging in there... both of my kids are sick with horrid headaches so I'm worried sick about that
.... Told my husband to pack his bag *AGAIN* just in case. I want him out of there.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

Maybe it was a NINJA
hey they have kids too you know

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

Here's some links;

Nuclear fallout crap>

fission products
crticality-accident
decay time
Xe-133
periodic table

Ya' know, I'm kind of mad we allowed ourselves to be swindled into such a supremely idiotic (technologically COMPLEX) way to boil water. There was a day when water was free. And to think if somehow we get swindled into paying for this "New Air Quality STANDARD."

I'm just well...well I'm just...well there we have it folks look what's coming at us from boiler #1!

*the "applause" sign lights-up in the auditorium*

Even auditor-ium gives me the heeby-jeebies.

There are times I look at life like the game of baseball (Omit stealing bases); Above^ there's five links, and I feel that I done struck-out once and the count is 0-2 >>>>> or is it 3-2 >>>>> it feels like it's 2 outs, and I ain't sure which inning we're in.

Hey for what it's worth, everybody, it just feels right in saying on this board at this time;

I love you.

To be completely honest, I only truly gave my undivided attention to one link.

I am healthy, and I am well in my mind. My whole life is a miracle I can't contemplate fully, but I intend to spend the rest of my days trying to find-out. Thank you for sharing this miracle of love with me.

Man, if I was pitching from the mound...
let's play (T&C approved) fill -in the-blank. Then come back here where we belong...

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Not sure if this has been posted but if attempts to explain the differing explosion in terms of construction differences. Would be grateful if someone in the know could confirm or deny.

Fukushima Theory

You'd have to ask SFA437 or Moshpet, the ATS resident mad bombers. They had a good discussion back around page ~799 on the explosion at #3, but I don't recall if the construction difference between #1 and #3 came up.
IMHO it would make a difference in shockwave propagation within the buildings, as the video theorizes.

ETA: Arnie's site is back online, looks like they updated the Fuku page. The latest is still only May 6 though...
Here's a good 39 pic slide show on how did the General Electric (GE) Mark 1 BWR reactors create such a world-wide tragedy. Some of the different construction details between #1 and #3 are covered. A good primer on the operation of GE Mark 1 BWR reactors.
www.fairewinds.com...
edit on 12-5-2011 by Tworide because: added link

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by richaado

I believe he is being coerced into measuring the info in his 'updates' through either some sort of blackmail or he's being bribed. I tend to doubt he would be being bribed.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was wondering what's going on with Fairewinds this last week or so.

Despite the virtual blackout from the media on Fukushima, even since TEPCO's admission of meltdown, most people are over it and think that pretty the situation has somehow been sorted out. There have been a few english language organizations that have stood out in my mind for continuing to comment on the situation, including RT/Russia Today, and also Arnie Gundersen from Fairewinds.

But Fairewinds' updates seem to have come to a fairly sudden halt, with the last update posted on May 6th.

Of course, making the video updates isn't Mr Gundersen's main focus, and they clearly would take time and effort away from other aspects of his business. But early on in the piece, when information was less than forthcoming from TEPCO, he was providing useful information and informed speculation as to what might have been going on.

Considering his early assessments of the situation as "Chernobyl on steroids", including suggesting a high-percentage of melted fuel pellets very early in the piece, which of course are now being confirmed at least for reactor one, I find it surprising that there have been no updates since this week's gradual admissions from TEPCO.

Could be that he figures, the truth is starting to come out through official channels now, so he doesn't need to devote time to it any more, but I can't help but wonder if there has been pressure applied.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

Here you go you sound blue

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Fukushima Theory

Many pages back I posted pics I uploaded from my camera that I recorded from the TV, I kind of left that item of enquiry back there because I started thinking the entire program got edited in such a way; (fading-in and fading to other scenes seems a normal practice)...instead of fading to dark screen, fill it with light. I could count two flashes viewing my stills, but I can't guarantee they were not edited into the TV film strip. Ofcourse now I have my suspicions as to why I would allege...

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
A little old news from March 23:

Neutron beam observed 13 times at crippled Fukushima nuke plant

Tokyo Electric Power Co. said Wednesday it has observed a neutron beam, a kind of radioactive ray, 13 times on the premises of the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant after it was crippled by the massive March 11 quake-tsunami disaster.

TEPCO, the operator of the nuclear plant, said the neutron beam measured about 1.5 kilometers southwest of the plant's No. 1 and 2 reactors over three days from March 13 and is equivalent to 0.01 to 0.02 microsieverts per hour and that this is not a dangerous level.

english.kyodonews.jp...

So did the neutron rays stop or did Tepco just quit talking about them?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tworide

Fukushima Theory

You'd have to ask SFA437 or Moshpet, the ATS resident mad bombers. They had a good discussion back around page ~799 on the explosion at #3, but I don't recall if the construction difference between #1 and #3 came up.
IMHO it would make a difference in shockwave propagation within the buildings, as the video theorizes.

ETA: Arnie's site is back online, looks like they updated the Fuku page. The latest is still only May 6 though...
Here's a good 39 pic slide show on how did the General Electric (GE) Mark 1 BWR reactors create such a world-wide tragedy. Some of the different construction details between #1 and #3 are covered. A good primer on the operation of GE Mark 1 BWR reactors.
www.fairewinds.com...
edit on 12-5-2011 by Tworide because: added link

Theory 1 on that video is utterly incorrect. For one you are able to see a vertical pressure wave moving out of #1 during the explosion and secondly the blast at #3 was linear versus an uncontained vertical explosion.

Theory 2 is closer to what I believe happened however that exactly mirrors Arnie's explanation however I think Arnie got it half right. I think that the hydrogen explosion was an initiator that destabilized the RPV, fracturing the bottom and allowing corium to drop out and hit the flooded lower levels, shooting a MASSIVE steam explosion up & out of the the top of the RPV taking the lid with it and dropping it onto the turbine building.

The blast at #3 was not hydrogen in nature, nor was it nuclear IMO. It was simply a very large steam explosion initiated by hydrogen and channeled up & out of the RPV like the shot cup leaves the barrel of a shotgun.
edit on 12-5-2011 by SFA437 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DancedWithWolves
New cryptome photos

here

some of those photos are the exact same ones as on the xtcbz flicker page, except the Cryptome ones are the higher quality versions implying they have the source photos before they were down sized , still none of the poolium areas

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by Maluhia

reuters

Soooo...reading between the lines...what good old Matsumoto is telling us is...As of March 11th., they've had a minimum of 3 FULL MELTDOWNS....yeppers Kiddos, that's the way I read it. Must have been those pesky slipping rods....yeah, that's the ticket. Oh hell, I'm becoming so jaded...I don't think clicking my heels 3 times together is gonna help....

Des

Des the information here : has proven it can be trusted in a number of parameters , and the culmination of those leave NO DOUBT WHAT SO EVER THAT THE REACTORS (all three ) NEVER SCRAMMED, or if they did the scram (S) failed to get teh control rods in place .
Remember TMI a similar type reactor had 30-50% meltdown in 2-1/2 to three hours, at fuku two reactors were 7 hours and one was 21 hours...it's not rocket science . Also the critical time at the pools is estimated around 70days (as the heat production increases every day a little bit in stagnant water) , and where are we....oh yeah 62 days.

top topics

<< 857  858  859    861  862  863 >>

join