It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 858.htm
<< 855  856  857    859  860  861 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Isn't that what i said last night??

"There must be a large leak," Junichi Matsumoto, a general manager at the utility also known as TEPCO, told a news conference. "The fuel pellets likely melted and fell, and in the process may have damaged ... the pressure vessel itself and created a hole," he added. "

created a hole

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
This one quote stuck out like a sore thumb...

"There must be a large leak," Junichi Matsumoto, a general manager at the utility also known as TEPCO, told a news conference. "The fuel pellets likely melted and fell, and in the process may have damaged ... the pressure vessel itself and created a hole," he added.

UPDATE 1-Fukushima reactor water leak risks delaying crisis plan

Thu May 12, 2011 8:08am EDT

* Water leaking from No. 1 reactor, complicating shutdown
www.reuters.com...

I feel like spitting a hair ball right about now....ack...ackkkkkk....

Des

Finally they are starting to admit what we have speculated all along... Remember, in the fist 10 pages or so we speculated that this has actually happened.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

5/12/2011 -- BREAKING NEWS !! NILU - Norsk Institute = ZARDOZ = radiation at EMERGENCY

Looks like we have a high level of radiation here and its all according to their plan for the NWO.

It should be noted that the IAEA has not updated their Fukushima Nuclear Accident Update Log since May 5th.
The Chronology of Daily Updates that used to appear on the bottom of the report has been replaced with:

4. IAEA Activities Over the past eight weeks, the following States have provided the IAEA with monitoring data and/or links to their web sites: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Islamic Republic of Iran, Ireland, Italy, Republic of Korea, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Singapore, Slovakia, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine and United States of America. The IAEA Environmental Laboratories in Monaco also monitor air activity continuously for Monaco. Levels are in the same low range as elsewhere in Europe.

Norway is conspicuous by it's absence.

www.iaea.org...

ETA: Hmmm, when you try to go to Arnies Fukushima update page you get a 503 error...plus his home page has the interview with RT from 4/13 as the latest...
edit on 12-5-2011 by Tworide because: Arnie page info

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
It's also on Enenews

“Nuclear meltdown at Fukushima” — TEPCO worried fuel burned a hole through bottom of containment vessel May 12th, 2011 at 10:10 AM

One of the reactors at the crippled Fukushima Daiichi power plant did suffer a nuclear meltdown, Japanese officials admitted for the first time today, describing a pool of molten fuel at the bottom of the reactor’s containment vessel.

[..] Now the company is worried that the molten pool of radioactive fuel may have burned a hole through the bottom of the containment vessel, causing water to leak. “We will have to revise our plans,” said Junichi Matsumoto, a spokesman for Tepco. “We cannot deny the possibility that a hole in the pressure vessel caused water to leak”. Tepco has not clarified what other barriers there are to stop radioactive fuel leaking if the steel containment vessel has been breached. Greenpeace said the situation could escalate rapidly if “the lava melts through the vessel”.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tworide

Originally posted by Unity_99

5/12/2011 -- BREAKING NEWS !! NILU - Norsk Institute = ZARDOZ = radiation at EMERGENCY

Looks like we have a high level of radiation here and its all according to their plan for the NWO.

It should be noted that the IAEA has not updated their Fukushima Nuclear Accident Update Log since May 5th.
The Chronology of Daily Updates that used to appear on the bottom of the report has been replaced with:

4. IAEA Activities Over the past eight weeks, the following States have provided the IAEA with monitoring data and/or links to their web sites: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Islamic Republic of Iran, Ireland, Italy, Republic of Korea, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Singapore, Slovakia, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine and United States of America. The IAEA Environmental Laboratories in Monaco also monitor air activity continuously for Monaco. Levels are in the same low range as elsewhere in Europe.

Norway is conspicuous by it's absence.

www.iaea.org...

Those were massive levels, off the chart levels, ie. the 400 bq/m2 was actually reading at 180 000. Last week I had migraines and had to lie to to sleep at 10 30 one morning and slept most of the day and night to try to shake this headache. Its still here and getting much worse. The "fog/steam" they showed photos of this weekend had some pretty dark looking steam, wonder why?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tworide

...Norway is conspicuous by it's absence.

I just went to Norway's site to check out the forecast: transport.nilu.no...

Guess what, Norway is no longer running the forecast, upon arriving at the page, you see this:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellhound604

Yup...and more yup...I surmise they've known all along too. Just "something" happened this past weekend, and they've screwed the pooch. Can't put the milk back in the cow, so to speak. So, now it's wide-eyed..."we didn't know" time, at news conferences They'll go back to throwing fairy dust at the problem, hoping it will end somehow....

Des

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
New cryptome photos

here

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADEzor
It's also on Enenews

“Nuclear meltdown at Fukushima” — TEPCO worried fuel burned a hole through bottom of containment vessel May 12th, 2011 at 10:10 AM

One of the reactors at the crippled Fukushima Daiichi power plant did suffer a nuclear meltdown, Japanese officials admitted for the first time today, describing a pool of molten fuel at the bottom of the reactor’s containment vessel.

[..] Now the company is worried that the molten pool of radioactive fuel may have burned a hole through the bottom of the containment vessel, causing water to leak. “We will have to revise our plans,” said Junichi Matsumoto, a spokesman for Tepco. “We cannot deny the possibility that a hole in the pressure vessel caused water to leak”. Tepco has not clarified what other barriers there are to stop radioactive fuel leaking if the steel containment vessel has been breached. Greenpeace said the situation could escalate rapidly if “the lava melts through the vessel”.

This statement coupled with the webcam images we saw last night as well as the live webcam "fog" is starting to make me wonder if that "fog" was not molten cores hitting bedrock as redneck mentioned way back a million pages ago..

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by DancedWithWolves
New cryptome photos

here

What is censored in those pictures??? Starting in the first pic and continuing down there are a FEW objects in pixels !!
edit on 12-5-2011 by xxPUSH0Noo because: spelling

edit on 12-5-2011 by xxPUSH0Noo because: added

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxPUSH0Noo

It's also on Enenews

This statement coupled with the webcam images we saw last night as well as the live webcam "fog" is starting to make me wonder if that "fog" was not molten cores hitting bedrock as redneck mentioned way back a million pages ago..

What is the worst case scenario if the "lava melts through the vessel"? What does Greenpeace mean by that?

Does anybody here know?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by trusername

It's also on Enenews

What is the worst case scenario if the "lava melts through the vessel"? What does Greenpeace mean by that?

Does anybody here know?

This scenario was discussed very early in this thread, but in essence, it will continue eating through the concrete foundations and the bedrock, until such time it cools down enough, OR it reaches a huge waterpocket and then we will have the mother of all hydrogen-explosions.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by trusername

/SNIP

Greenpeace said the situation could escalate rapidly if “the lava melts through the vessel”.

Does anybody here know?

Either it is a bad translation, or someone is suggesting that the melted fuel will act like Lava in reverse.

Or someone in Green Peace is slipping a warning of the melted fuel hitting magma and then coming back up in a rude manner.

As for the amount of water going in and out, its a desperation / delaying tactic at best.

M.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

It's also on Enenews

Not impossible, but highly unlikely to cause such large quantities of neverending fog/steam.

The molten lava from the meltdown has been happening for quite some time now (not just in the past couple of days because TEPCO is only now hinting at it being the case). So if all of this fog/steam were from that, we would have seen images of steam rising from the surrounding area a hell of a lot sooner than now. There's been a ton of images and video taken around that area for the past couple of months, it would not have been missed.

Fukishima is right on the ocean coastline... prone to fog/low lying clouds/heavy moisture. There's a tropical storm moving in that area right now too. So most likely that area is completely overcast meaning heavy humidity in the air and at ground level with no sunshine poking through and thus, no fog lifting.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Thanks for those -

I was looking it up too and it since it has been a couple of months don't the reactions start to calm down after a week or two? So they need less water to cool them? Or is that just lip service to calm the masses?

At anyrate no one is talking China syndrome of a hole straight through the Earth - it would explode up and out if it reached a water pocket?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Would someone kindly mosey on over to wikipedia and start a definition for the molten gunk emanating from reactors and pools a.k.a.

Poolium

I checked and Zorgon hasn't taken the name yet to describe the condition of his swimming pool. Hope he finishes soon and hurries back.

It seems, at the very least, the mess at Fukushima should have its own name for escaped radioactive ooze,gunk, falls, lava, etc.

Of course, FUBARium is a good contender too.

edit on 12-5-2011 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TworideETA: Hmmm, when you try to go to Arnies Fukushima update page you get a 503 error...plus his home page has the interview with RT from 4/13 as the latest...
edit on 12-5-2011 by Tworide because: Arnie page info

This is only my personal opinion.

Arnie has gone native. I can see and sense he has been persuaded to reveal some, but not all of the info, and that he is now offering encouraging reports which suggest the situation is under some control using easily dismissable or otherwise flimsy 'evidence' and anecdotes.

I wonder if he is trying to instill some optimism because he knows the situation is so bad? But I don't believe so. I believe he is being coerced into measuring the info in his 'updates' through either some sort of blackmail or he's being bribed. I tend to doubt he would be being bribed.

Arnie is likely nowadays to say he believes #1 is not through the containment, and he'll attempt to give this opinion some enforcing by suggesting the figures don't correlate, or the smoke/steam are the wrong colour/formation.

S'cuse me. That's just what I felt after watching many of Arnie's updates - and then seeing him in his most recent vids. I wish I could put my finger on why I don't trust him any more. It was his eyes, or the way he shifts when he says what's happening and why. He never used to be like that. And Michio Kaku! His words can not be taken as gospel either, though a month or more ago he was quite credible. Michio and Arnie ... both of them seem to me to have recently been quietened.

But don't mind me! I'm probably crazy!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Slowely TEPCO reveals the 'truth'!

Holes found in pipes at reactor 1 - believed to be caused through core melt material (corium).

Tokyo Electric Power Co., the operator of the crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant, revealed Thursday that holes had been created by melted nuclear fuel at the bottom of the No. 1 reactor's pressure vessel.

The company said it has found multiple holes adding up to several centimeters in welded piping.

Earlier in the day, it said the amount of water inside the troubled reactor was unexpectedly low -- not enough to cover the nuclear fuel -- hinting that a large part of the fuel melted after being fully exposed. The finding is raising concerns that the company will face difficulty achieving its plan to bring the damaged reactors to a stable condition known as a ''cold shutdown'' in about six to nine months, observers said.

KYODO news

Wonder if they are working up to admitting something worse?
edit on 12/5/11 by imlite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
the latest image from news.tbs.co.jp...

Look at the state of #4!!!! I don't think it will last much longer. Every day it looks worse.

what isn't on this photo, is the steam. Every now and then steam comes from all the buildings.

compare it to yesterday's photo

edit on 12/5/2011 by Hellhound604 because: added the steam part

edit on 12/5/2011 by Hellhound604 because: added yesterday's pic for comparison

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DancedWithWolves
Would someone kindly mosey on over to wikipedia and start a definition for the molten gunk emanating from reactors and pools a.k.a.

Poolium

I checked and Zorgon hasn't taken the name yet to describe the condition of his swimming pool. Hope he finishes soon and hurries back.

It seems, at the very least, the mess at Fukushima should have its own name for escaped radioactive ooze,gunk, falls, lava, etc.

Of course, FUBARium is a good contender too.

edit on 12-5-2011 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

Oozey gooey fubarium... it has a nice ring to it.

top topics

<< 855  856  857    859  860  861 >>

join