It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 854.htm
<< 851  852  853    855  856  857 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
All 3... still at it.

Let's not forget our friend Tropical Storm Aere on her way. Stay Safe Japan!!!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Just a thought, but how radioactive would the ground have to be before it got hot enough to turn the ground water to steam, if at all?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
more smoke/steam from reactor 2 (??) now .

edit on 11/5/2011 by Hellhound604 because: added steam

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

This is a scary thought. Maybe it's because I live in the city... but I've never seen it get foggy like this!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Just a thought, but how radioactive would the ground have to be before it got hot enough to turn the ground water to steam, if at all?

I haven't a clue. Don't even know if radioactivity can cause ground fog. Maybe someone else here, can answer your question. But, I do know...all that steam is not radiation free...especially of it's recycled hot/dirty water wafting away into the atmosphere. It's TEPCO playing the daily game of cat n' mouse, whack-a-mole, water the right puddle of poolium. If they stop the game, for any reason.....game over!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rakka

This is a scary thought. Maybe it's because I live in the city... but I've never seen it get foggy like this!

Please don't panic on my account. It was a musing rather than a thought based on any personal knowledge.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Holy #. the cam is zoomed into 3 and 4 as it has been before and there is so much "fog" I can only make out the cooling towers!!!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Very odd... Not sure what to make of it. The whole screen is white now.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Fog of - weather
Fog of - war
Fog of - radiation
Fog of - death.
Only this time there isn't enough blood for all the door posts for this to pass over.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellhound604

TY for the very good photos HellHound. Much appreciated.

Des

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Can't see a thing, its completely covered in fog/smoke/steam/dementor sperm, whatever it is

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellhound604
more smoke/steam from reactor 2 (??) now .

edit on 11/5/2011 by Hellhound604 because: added steam

Thanks Hellhound604 its gives a far clearer view of what's happening with the plant.

For those who want a quick check of what's happening when the screen is in white out you need to click on full screen. take a print screen, which copies the image onto the clipboard. Open an image editor and paste the image into the image editor. Find the negative image button or menu item. Make the image a negative.

For the white out now, when in negative you can just see the reactors with the smoke (steam) swirling around them.

negative

edit on 11/5/11 by imlite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Move along...nothing to see here......

Watchdog criticizes feds for pulling back on radiation monitoring
May 10, 2011 | Susanne Rust

An environmental watchdog group is criticizing the federal government for scaling back its radiation monitoring, while simultaneously planning to raise allowable levels of radiation releases in food, water and soil after a nuclear incident.

The group, Public Employees for Environmental Responsibility, issued a press release yesterday condemning the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's decisions.

The EPA and the Food and Drug Administration increased their radiation monitoring efforts after a massive earthquake and tsunami off the coast of Japan set off the world’s worst nuclear disaster since Chernobyl.

But on May 3, the EPA announced [PDF] in a press release that it was falling back to a business-as-usual schedule of radiation monitoring, citing “consistently decreasing radiation levels.”

But the environmental group isn't buying it.

“With the Japanese nuclear situation still out of control and expected to continue that way for months and with elevated radioactivity continuing to show up in the U.S., it is inexplicable that EPA would shut down its Fukushima radiation monitoring effort,” said Jeff Ruch, executive director of the watchdog group, in a statement

Are we getting mad yet folks....I know I am.

However, he expressed concerned with the group's other allegation that the EPA may be trying to raise the allowable levels for radiation levels found in water and soil after "radiological incidences," such as a nuclear plant accident or a dirty bomb.

According to Public Employees for Environmental Responsibility, the EPA has proposed raising their guideline radiation limits, or Protection Action Guides. These values are used to guide decision makers about when a clean up is needed after a nuclear incident. californiawatch.org...

Des

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Radiation radiation every where...

Radiation in soil near troubled Japan nuclear plant exceeds Chernobyl evacuation level

The levels of radiation accumulated in soil near the crippled nuclear power plant in northeastern Japan far exceeded the level of radiation the then-Soviet Union had used as a criterion for urging people to evacuate at the time of the 1986 Chernobyl nuclear disaster, threatening to plague local residents for a lengthy perio mdn.mainichi.jp...

What is is going to take....tell us TEPCO...what is it going to take, for YOU to stop killing them slowly...Do you even realize the Karmic debt you are all incurring here. How many life times will it take, to balance what you are doing now, in this moment. How many children will it take, I ask you. Are you really even willing, to even consider the answer?

Des

edit on 03/28/2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Fellow Collective Brain Cells...please, those of you who know me...please...tell me to stop posting....I'm getting too angry to be posting...Thank You...

Des

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Leaking pit fixed!

The pit leaking radioactive water has been filled using the usual TEPCO methodology!

Workers could not confirm whether the water was leaking out into the sea, but they reported seeing froth near the water intake. TEPCO says the concentration of radioactive Cesium in water sampled from the pit was 620,000 times higher than the safety limit set by the government. The utility also says it detected 1.5 milli-sieverts per hour of radiation on the surface of water in the pit, which indicates contaminated water may be leaking into the sea.

NHK

Pit leaking water from Unit 3

Pit 'fixed'! Filled with concrete.

edit on 11/5/11 by imlite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Military bases in South Tokyo are telling people that the current radiation reading is "nil". How accurate do we think this is?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

# it dude, let it out. Venting is good, apparently.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

# it dude, let it out. Venting is good, apparently.

TY, yes, venting is healthy. But, not on a forum, dedicated to postulation, deduction, and formation of ideas, based on crumbs of info released to the public. I need to back off. Once this thread becomes the "vent" thread.....it looses it's viability as a scientific thread. But, I Thank You for your input. It makes me feel better, for feeling so much anger over what is happening.

Des

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

You're in good company and from what I can see your opinion is well respected. You'll be forgiven for allowing emotion to overcome you from time to time, especially during a situation like this.

top topics

<< 851  852  853    855  856  857 >>

join