Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 847
<< 844  845  846    848  849  850 >>

join

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silverlok

Now I posted a pic of a crane operating in a space that looked like it was between #3 and #4 ( the time stamp on the WC was about 17:40 (5-8-11 CST u.s.)

I watched the crane swing over and then back it appeared that they had taken something out through the roof of the turbine building , and then drove the crane to a postion that was blocked by the #4 building :

Unfortunately I did not get a video capture of the 40 minutes or so of them working and never got a look at WHAT they were digging out of there, but if I have to make a guess I 'd say they were retrieving the cap (s)

edit on 9-5-2011 by Silverlok because: (no reason given)
edit on 9-5-2011 by Silverlok because: images floating

If you do some line of sight guesstamating between the live cam and an overhead pic of Fukushima Daiichi, that crane was indeed over turbine building 3 at the location of the holes in the roof. The red lines line up the stack and reactor 3 building, and the northern most hole in the roof with the edge of reactor 4 building. Line of site to the larger hole would have been shielded by the reactor 4 building.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrbillshow
But it is ATS and I guess there are core reasons why people choose to spend time here.

Yes, and I have to wonder what YOUR reason is

I'm sure you'll all lament my absense.

Still here?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

reply to post by Kailassa

To each his own. There are now quite a few sites to get good information. For those who desire an adult discussion you might want to try here.

www.physicsforums.com...

If you keep on insisting on having the "last" word...you'll miss your bus. Now, be a good.boy and keep your word..bu-bye
edit on 03/28/2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)
edit on 03/28/2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

To each his own. There are now quite a few sites to get good information. For those who desire an adult discussion you might want to try here.

www.physicsforums.com...

lol, I just read their 'adult' forums. The first one I read was about the cooling after the loss of the generators, and there they say that the batteries kept it running for a day!!!!! ALL the articles I have read, and I have read and downloaded quite a lot, state that the batteries only provide power for the instrumentation, and NOT the cooling. The cooling is provided by steam-driven pumps. So much for the 'adult discussion' over there.......

Reading further, there is just as much bickering and nastiness going on
edit on 9/5/2011 by Hellhound604 because: (no reason given)

reading even further, they are having EXACTLY the SAME discussions as over here, just a bit more technical jargon and graphs included, so it appears as though they are not that much more 'adult' than us conspirators.
edit on 9/5/2011 by Hellhound604 because: more rambling

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Hi all,

Thanks again for staying on top of everything. It is much appreciated.

In regards to mrbillshow the troll, may I suggest we simply ignore him from this point on?

It seems that feeding the troll only makes him bigger (in his own mind, anyway). Might be best just to starve him out.
edit on 9-5-2011 by notsofunnyguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
news.tbs.co.jp...

not showing anything but if you turn up the speakers you can hear someone mucking around with something.. the camera perhaps?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by notsofunnyguy
Might be best just to starve him out.

Hmmm maybe... kinda like we are being starved out of any real info and have to resort to watching that live web cam?

I think I will go mow the lawn in the rain... Yeah its 64 degrees and raining... usually its sunny and 90 degrees in Vegas in May... weird season this year... must be all that cloud seeding the Japanese fall out is causing
edit on 9-5-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellhound604

www.physicsforums.com...

lol, I just read their 'adult' forums. The first one I read was about the cooling after the loss of the generators, and there they say that the batteries kept it running for a day!!!!! ALL the articles I have read, and I have read and downloaded quite a lot, state that the batteries only provide power for the instrumentation, and NOT the cooling. The cooling is provided by steam-driven pumps. So much for the 'adult discussion' over there.......

Reading further, there is just as much bickering and nastiness going on
edit on 9/5/2011 by Hellhound604 because: (no reason given)

reading even further, they are having EXACTLY the SAME discussions as over here, just a bit more technical jargon and graphs included, so it appears as though they are not that much more 'adult' than us conspirators.
edit on 9/5/2011 by Hellhound604 because: more rambling

Of the 9 forums and discussion boards that I was following after the problems began with fukushima only 4 good ones still exist. The others lost members interest and the trolls moved in.

www.physicsforums.com...

Is now my main watch on Fukushima - and goes into the technical discussions I enjoy. But, it also has many of the problems found here. The information is much the same on both these sites.

Another one that remains is

Japan Nuclear Organize

I really wonder how long many of these sites will remain before interest is lost and trolls take over.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
My true colors, hmmm...I've been told dark violet running into the ultra-violet flanked by the four horsemen wearing traditional black hooded capes with skinless skulls, but I look terrible in purple and Lord of the Rings copyrighted all the really good wraith images, so I just kind of stick with black and white : true or not true, unless one is speaking artistically then it's the technicolor vibrancy of the blues greens and reds favored mad sad bad Vincent. Let's face it insanity is a little bit of everyone in fact one could say it is almost the origin of emotion, and really if the Joker and Batman both threw parties on the same night which one would be more fun to go to ?

Now I have been thinking about Arnie's pool dealio and Tepco's ridiculous water puppet show, so I dug up the permit drawing that one of you fine people posted here a while ago and made a little time to break out my crayons (the adults won't let me play with the marking pens):

This image is the long axis of the building. If one were standing on the roof of the #4 turbine building looking at the reactor building this diagram overlays that orientation. A couple of things become quickly apparent:

a) Both pools are well above the top of the CV opening(remember at #4 the yellow CV cap and black RPV cap are off ), with the dryer/separator pool (green) being completely above it, and the spent fuel pool (blue)being about 70% above it

b) Way back when they did their water sampling / crane dunking test they were either right at the edge of the pool or dipping from the skimmer surge tank ( purple ) .

c) The dryer pool is very shallow and given the damage to the north and east sides of #4 is the likely source of fubarium falls and the images from the thermals:

Now the dryer pools have not been given a lot of consideration , but being so shallow represent reall problems IF they had rods in them that appears to have been the case at #4 and at #3

the best I can tell #3 is the mirror image of #4 so that glowing hot spot

under the gaping hole in the ( what was once a ) roof at three appears to be the dryer pool , so from the photographic evidence the dilapidated crane side of #3 ( the east side of the building facing #2), certainly indicates that the spent rod pool blew itself to smithereens , but...the blast debris pattern clearly indicates that the south side of the building took less of a hit than the north and east sides , this makes sense given the position of the waste pool (sfp) , but does not explain the debris pattern on the roof of the turbine building or how the booming sounds came to be .

also on the video of three popping one can clearly see a white cloud burst from what appears to be the south or east corner of the building , and THEN combusting ( incompletely ) . So if we didn't have enough oxygen for the "steam" cloud to ignite inside the building what secondary mechanism triggered that ?

Well we know that (at least half of ) the concrete plug above the Cv cap is off FOR SURE as it showed up in one of the drone photos . For the pool to have done that it would have to had collapsed the wall between the SFP and the CV cap which presumably would have been full of hydrogen , the blast may have ignited that hydrogen ( lifting the concrete off , and then in a fuse like fashion lighting the gas trapped under the cv cap ( lifting it off ) , all that commotion could have jostled the RPV (core) enough to have it drop a mass of molten (remember the upper part of the rods at three ware certainly in some state of decay after several hours without coolling ) rods down into what was left of the water and produced a steam explosion inside the RPV launching it's cap) ...

Frankly I still think the steam explosion from inside or under the RPV or Cv came first and released the hydrogen and set the pool off ...but in any event I think the dryer pools are more in play than I had earlier thought .

I also notice that the guy in This photo

Is getting (from all the gamma dots)almost the same exposure as we saw during the radiation spike outside of #2 from the first heavy gamma photo we saw ( I think it was on the 15/16th of march)

It appears that whenever we see water we see lots of gamma ...

And it looks like the air scrubbers are NOT getting it done, damn...if only someone somewhere would have guessed in advance we wouldn't have had to risk workers for a PR stunt...oh well says Tepco let's get an ad on Craig'slist USA for : high paying jobs with short hours and travel benefits....special skills required : works well with hands and understands the golden rule : silence

edit on 9-5-2011 by Silverlok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Closure of Japanese plant casts doubt on viability of Sellafield's Mox operation

If the Japanese premier gets his way, however, Hamaoka will be shut long before Sellafield is ready to fulfil its only definite order for Mox fuel. This would torpedo the entire rationale for building and opening the £498m Sellafield Mox Plant, which was to fabricate hundreds of tonnes of Mox fuel for Japanese reactors.

www.independent.co.uk...

edit on 9-5-2011 by AlaskanDad because: code

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Sorry to butt in,but has anyone tried to contact any or all of the MSM outlets?
I have started with snippets here and there,not revealing my source,of course.
Sending emails and leaving comments on every story they publish,just trying in someway
to get them to at least acknowledge if not report on the situation going on at Fukushima.
What do you all think?
At least I'm trying something.

Go ahead,call me a fool,but I feel I need to do more.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
M 5.8, off the east coast of Honshu, Japan

Monday, May 9, 2011 20:15:56 UTC
Tuesday, May 10, 2011 06:15:56 AM at epicenter

Depth: 29.90 km (18.58 mi)

Posted on 9 May 2011 | 8:15 pm

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I hope that green stuff they sprayed is REAL sticky. Thursday looks to be not the best weather. Yikes.

This is only the beginning. What will these winds and future even higher winds, rain, storms do to Fukushima. Kind of scary to think about actually.

Source

Something to keep our eyes on as the week progresses.
edit on 9-5-2011 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

I was wondering when the weather would come into play.
It seems to have started now and I feel a bit scared as
to what might happen when the winds and rains add
to the already dire situation.

Very clear weather map.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
For the last 45 mins we have been treated to a lot of camera gymnastics. First, it was out of focus, then as clear as day. I watched the crane go back and forth, saw R5 and R6, then panned out to the fields and trees. Then panned to R4 and zoomed right the way in. Showing the yellow cap, the green crane, and it stayed there for a while, but I didn't notice the red crane move. They have lead us to believe they were stationary cameras, well looks like someone may want to show us a bit more of what else they're not telling us. I hope someone else caught it.
edit on 5/9/2011 by gr82m8okdok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverlok

Why did they have too put the liquid pool material/water out, structure at the top of the Reactor/Boiler, Question
Was the Pool Material that HOT, that it had too stay in an elivated position, would it not have been better to use natural hydronic flow and DRAIN from the BOTTOM of the reactor/boiler, reducing quite a few very poor design flaws!
Because once below reactor level for Pool Material Holding Tank,, gravity alone would have replaced the pumps used too fill the pools, with water.
Which is what they have been trying too do.
Design flaw indeed.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
The FOLLOWING was written in error, my appoliges? (Cause apparently sp counts again)

"THORP is owned by the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority and operated by Sellafield Ltd (which is the site licensee company). Spent nuclear fuel from nuclear reactors is reprocessed to separate the 96% uranium and the 1% plutonium, which can be reused in mixed oxide fuel, from the 3% radioactive wastes, which are treated and stored at the plant. The uranium is then made available for customers to be manufactured into new fuel."
Unquote

THORP Industries got a real chill down my spine when i read that,,,

DO NOT READ BELOW THIS LINE!

Anyone remember,, the "Damien" movie?? With gregory peck?? For bonus chill what was the name of the Company

edit on 9-5-2011 by BobAthome because: I'm just saying,,,

THE ABOVE WAS A MISREPRESENTAION of THORP industries.

IT opps it must have been this :

www.southparkstudios.com...
edit on 9-5-2011 by BobAthome because: I'm just saying,,,

edit on 9-5-2011 by BobAthome because: sp and stuff oh and an appoligy? appolagy? apoligy?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlaskanDad
Closure of Japanese plant casts doubt on viability of Sellafield's Mox operation

If the Japanese premier gets his way, however, Hamaoka will be shut long before Sellafield is ready to fulfil its only definite order for Mox fuel. This would torpedo the entire rationale for building and opening the £498m Sellafield Mox Plant, which was to fabricate hundreds of tonnes of Mox fuel for Japanese reactors.

www.independent.co.uk...

edit on 9-5-2011 by AlaskanDad because: code

Thanks

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverlok

Mad skills with the crayola. Well done.

So where exactly would the dry pools be within the reactors buildings as you have outlined and do you think they may have been using any or all of these dry pools for extra spent fuel pool space? What purpose is the dry pool supposed to serve and how difficult would it have been to convert them to add more storage space? We know they were likely holding inventory for their new joint venture fuel storage/reprocessing plant under construction. We know dry casks cost about a mil and TEPCO did not like to spend money on those radiation safety widgets.

And yes, information has slowed to a trickle. Even the little that is getting out is exposing their deceit. Are you aware of any independent inspectors on-site. South Korea made some noise during the water release about possibly sending some. I would expect the U.S. to have some nearby. And yet, the only information seems to be coming from their "throw away" day laborers they lured to Fukushima under false pretenses. No updates on the health of those previously injured in explosions or currently on-site. And to think they sent workers into Unit 1 saying radiation levels were low, then the next day admit they were much higher and feign surprise.

And, this is the calm before the storm. A few of those buildings don't look capable of weathering even small wind gusts which look to be coming in Thursday.

Thanks again for your amazing work. Still digesting your earlier post/s. I'm not sure I know how to respond to the thought that there are individuals on this planet who think extermination of most of our species is an answer to anyone's problems. Those thoughts, ideas and leads bring into question the core ethics of our own humanity and the lengths and depths to which some will crawl for misguided delusions. Still thinking on this one.

Love the crayola art. Keep it up.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Which looks in good shape ?

www.world-nuclear-news.org...
"A worker looks down to a display
when measuring radiation inside
Fukushima Daiichi 1 yesterday"
unquote
edit on 9-5-2011 by BobAthome because: grmr&sp BOTH count

new topics
top topics

<< 844  845  846    848  849  850 >>

join

Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum