It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 844.htm
<< 841  842  843    845  846  847 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by imlite

That video is available for direct download from Tepco here. However, there is no information on that page at Tepco's site to indicate when the video was shot. This is a bit odd as most other videos available there do state when they were shot.

All we can confirm from that page on Tepco's site is that it was released on May 8. Maybe they discuss the finer details somewhere else but so far I haven't found any other specific references on Tepco's site to that video release. (Doesn't mean there aren't any, just that I haven't found any!
)

Best regards,

Mike

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
This last sentence, of this article says it all...how can we do this without the proper and truthful data...how

Shunichi Yama#a, professor of biomedical sciences at Nagasaki University.

"Just as we have become attuned to pesticide risk, we will have to learn to live with radiation risk and do what we can to avoid contaminated food and water."

Health risk from troubled Japan nuclear plant
Reuters
By Mayumi Negishi and Tan Ee Lyn Mayumi Negishi And Tan Ee Lyn – Fri May 6, 2:23 pm ET

TOKYO (Reuters) – Radioactive substances have been leaking from Japan's tsunami-damaged Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant for nearly two months, and the plant is likely to continue emitting radiation into the atmosphere, and possibly into the ocean and ground water, for many months to come. news.yahoo.com...

Well...I don't accept we just have to learn to live with it. It may turn out to be the case, but I sure as hell don't accept it.

Today, Mother's Day, my only child called me from N. California...It was such a different feeling I had talking with her. She is a professor at a Uni. She's bright, innovative, everything I could ever want from a child. Also she is not safe.
That mama bear in me, that protected her through all the years of growing up....is at a loss, on what to do. That part has been stolen from me by this hideous crisis. How do I protect my Daughter from this invisible enemy. I talked with her a bit about the crisis again. She is aware of my concerns. But she also told me..."Mom" don't let the stress get to you so much...it affects one's immune system". Good advice from my smart Girl.

To the Ladies of ATS...Happy Mother's Day. Take time for you today, be kind to yourself.

Des

edit on 03/28/2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Live WC...daytime, clear, someone is zooming in and out on R-4...actually all of them...what a mess...full screen mode.

news.tbs.co.jp...

Des

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Yes - been watching the zooming - get half of a reactor building into one frame at max - but no clear focus.

At least we know what the red object is at reactor 4 - and it is the putzmeister - seems to be in standby mode.

Steam (smoke) rising from 4 and some from 3 - but not much!

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by imlite

and now that I am looking they stopped showing reactor 4, I really want to see what is going on there

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

From one Momma Bear to another, Happy Mother's Day Des.

Protect them we must...and with information...we can even more so. To all the ATS mothers. Have a blessed day...and keep your inner bear digging in the days to come.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by whoswho69
reply to post by JustMike

NHK World - The video was taken on Saturday by a camera on the tip of a mechanical arm used to pour water to cool the reactor.

Good, they obviously checked the info and got further details.

So - video of (what they say is) SFP4 May 7 2011.

Also note they point out the lack of damage?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
finally they zoomed into reactor building 4(??) whilst I was looking and I managed to grab a frame.

Again I have enhanced contrast and sharpened it.

The red object is more visible now, and I'll admit that it might be the pump, and right next to it is a green object. The crane over the pond perhaps?
edit on 8/5/2011 by Hellhound604 because: building 4

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by whoswho69

from your link:

After analyzing the amount of radioactive materials in the water, Tokyo Electric Power Company has concluded that the spent fuel rods are not seriously damaged.

There is some serious BS going on here. Either this video is a blatant attempt to mislead the public or SFP4 has somehow managed to have a fire on the night of May 7th AND be totally covered by water at 84 degrees Celcius.
The other option is there was no fire, the clouds of black and grey "smoke" where steam from them filling the pool.

I'm no sexpert but I simply do not believe that SFP#4 can be as intact as they say it is when I look at the external condition of the building.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertwog

I tend to agree with your observations...BTW. R's 2 and 4 are puffing right now...like a string of pearls...not a steady column of steam.
news.tbs.co.jp...

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Here's TEPCOs explanation for the smoke/steam:

Japan: New Smoke At Nuclear Plant

Tokyo Electric Power Company (TEPCO), Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency (NISA), and the Japanese government gave a joint press conference on Sunday and explained that an unusual amount of smoke that billowed from the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power reactor on Saturday night was nothing to be concerned about.

"Steam is coming out from the spent fuel pool of the No. 3 and No. 4 reactors, and I'm assuming that due to shadows created by lighting, the steam appeared black. Therefore, we assessed that it's not smoke from something burning or that sort of thing," TEPCO's General Manager, Junichi Matsumoto reassured reporters at the press conference.

Kyodo News Agency reported that the temperature of No. 3 reactor rose from 163 degrees Celsius to 202 degrees Celsius on Saturday, although this is still lower than the normal operating temperature of 286 degrees Celsius. This has possibly caused the more than usual amount of steam coming out from the nuclear reactors.

source

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

Nonsensical. There is steam because there is steam. Great. The steam is black because there is no fire and it is steam. It is hotter than before. Thanks TEPCO you enlightened us tremendously.

*sigh*

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Been out in the yard cleaning up... have we achieved meltdown yet or is it still same old same old TEPCO dancing?
edit on 8-5-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrbillshow
reply to post by Wertwog

More importantly, Gunderson reaffirms his opinion the explosion in #3 was from the fuel pool and offers additional support why it wasn't the RPV or PCV, the same reasons I gave last week when I was attacked for my position. His groundwater and ocean contamination theories are the same as mine that I put forth weeks ago. which got fewer stars than the kitty litter theory.

Thanks Arne, you da man.

I've been following this thread for quite a while, and first want to say thank you for everyone who is making the effort to find out the truth about what is going on here.

Mrbillshow, I think the post of yours I quoted above is a good indication of why you are having some problems from people on this thread. This is an IMPORTANT THREAD, not of the left vs. right, religious vs. atheist argument threads where people pick a side and bash the other side (I know, I've been guilty of it myself on occasion).

In other words, the focus here is on TRUTH, not getting stars. If you are here for TRUTH, great. Make your opinions respectfully, and (most) others here will review them and respectfully debate with you.

If you're just looking for stars, then go to one of the argument threads, pick a side, and bash away to your heart's content.

'nuff said.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

Yup...TEPCO'S still reading here....bwwaaaahahahahhahahhahaaa

Guess what TEPCO....we don't believe you...nope, not at all....Want to know how we know you are lying? You're mouths are moving.

Des

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
hi everyone I am about 10 pages in the past , but wanted to alert everyone to some shenanigans on the live cam :

It appears that they have a crane between number 3 and 4 , but it may be on the other side which would make it in about the right place to be fishing something ( hmm can't possibly image ) out of the turbine building of #3

Also the pressure sensors at #3 went dead today (the 8th or yesterday for japan) between 5 and 11 and the top and bottom of the Rpv is showing the same temp (almost ) as the top and bottom of the cv : link at 206C (408F)...

(edit)DAMN I missed whatever it was they were doing as the crane is gone...anybody happen to record the last ten minutes?
, (edit2) , the crane swung something from the direction of the turbine building to the area bewteen 3 and 4 , but i couldn't see what it was ..
edit on 8-5-2011 by Silverlok because: (no reason given)

(edit 3) now the cam keeps cutting out ....

edit on 8-5-2011 by Silverlok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverlok

Here's new info just posted from Dr. Saji regarding the temps at R3 - from his May 6 entry:

The attached plot indicates that the temperatures at the upper portion of RPV are increasing significantly than the temperature at the lower portion of the RPV. The 200 degree-C in temperature corresponds to a super saturated steam at this pressure, although the estimated pressure is not so much different from the atmospheric pressure. Unfortunately pressure gauge as well as level gage is acting funny and is not dependable. There are two possibilities to explain these situations:

(1) There is not enough cooling flow available through a debris, potentially piled on top of the core support plate. The insufficient coolant flow resulted in high temperature steam release, which seems to be heating up the upper portion of the reactor vessel; or

(2) Most of the fuel bundles are still maintaining a self-standing configuration, however, with the low water level, the boiling steam is overheated at the top portion of the fuel rods. I stand on the case (1), since the Feedwater Nozzle temperatures of both 1F2 and 1F3 are gradually decreasing towards the boiling point of water and are well-behaving. They are reasonably responding to changes in flow rate of water injection. Only in 1F3, the temperature is responding wildly.

Since May 4, TEPCO increased the water flow rate to 9 tons per hour, increased from the previous 7 tons per hour. In spite of this flow increase, the temperature is still increasing. TEPCO is intensively monitoring the development of this situation. It is an growing concern whether this is a reversible operation or not. It can be an indication of a spontaneous aggregation of the temperature surge beyond control.

ambersharick

ETA - Happy Mothers Day to all you soccer moms at the View!!

edit on 8-5-2011 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Dr Genn Saji's reports have been updated on Amber Sharicks site.
They had not been updated since Apr26. I dropped her a note yesterday and low and behold we now have his daily reports up to May 7.
Lots of good points covered in those posts, to many to put up here.

www.ambersharick.com...

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Strontium 90 building up to detectable levels.

High concentrations in soil samples, less high in water samples.

Strontium 90 soil samples

Strontium 90 sea samples

new topics

top topics

<< 841  842  843    845  846  847 >>

join