It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 84.htm
<< 81  82  83    85  86  87 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

No doubt, the "nuclear debate" in the US will be started back up again. There's been big industry and political effort (from both sides of the isle) put behind a "nuclear renaissance". As to what the outcome of that "debate" will be (especially given unlimited corporate $ flowing into the debate) - who knows.
IMH(f)O anway.
Peace.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

I do not plan on going anywhere. Maybe somehow I can help someone deal with this.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by xxcatcatcatxx

I heard wind blowing west to east and a switch on wendesday east to west....Does China seem to be saying anything?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman

I'd like to offer my utmost respect for those poor sorry sob's who are still fighting for time cooling those reactors.

That plant is swiftly becoming hot as hell, and I'd have to say those still there are going to be very sick soon, perhaps dead.

They are fully aware of this, most likely scared pissless, and yet they stay and fight for more time and a miracle that won't happen.

They've got guts.

I wish them luck and hope people remember who bought them time, and at what price.

I have been thinking of them a lot,

link   
I feel like John Klein in the Mothman Prophecies, watching the bridge go down. They're a bunch of c****.

link   
I think this is the beginning of the end of nuclear power. After this nobody will want to touch it with a 10' pole. This in my opinion is a good thing, a blessing in disguise cause it breaks the status quo & will force innovation that will eventually get us away from oil & nuke.

I'm not sure what good those 50 workers can still accomplish but I hope those in charge direct their efforts in a manner that allows them to make the most out of their final acts.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mikeybiznaz

The explosions at Units #1 and #3 were from inside the reactor building but not from inside the reactor itself. They were apparently from vented hydrogen gas that had accumulated in the upper floors. I suspect the explosion at Unit #2 was from the reactor itself, a pressure explosion.

He's right about the cooling.... but the rods were left exposed without cooling water around them, and became hot enough to melt down... making the control rods useless to slow the reactions. He was essentially talking about how the plants were supposed to operate, and pointing out that they were not operating correctly.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
they are saying, they have mistakenly given readings in microsieverts instead of millsieverts which is 1000X worse...
how can they mistake this? i have said to my people, since the first reading of 1000 microsievert, that this is impossible. which means the plant was at 8-SV, seems i was right.
edit on 14-3-2011 by Deathstarr54054 because:

en.wikipedia.org...

look at the charts... these remaing 50 people are heros, giving their lives to save us all.

edit on 14-3-2011 by Deathstarr54054 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I don't think that we, the USA will go ahead with any new reactors (I pray). What we are hearing from the proponents is their death rattle. Some Senators may rattle on about how we need them, but will they want their grandchildren playing next to one.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by xxcatcatcatxx

Get away. Get far away. Now.

Edit: I just saw you are far south of Tokyo. You may be OK there. If you have anyone in the North, tell them to get out.

TheRedneck

edit on 3/14/2011 by TheRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Yes, Antar you are right on all points.

You may have seen this, but just in case.

Shimatsu contends that the Obama White House sent a team to consult the Naoto Kan government. Instead of dispatching experts from the Department of Energy, Nuclear Safety Agency and Health Department, representatives of USAID were sent to micromanage the cover-up.

www.infowars.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
thank you, my friends are on there way

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
so wait, is this a FOURTH explosion???

BREAKING NEWS: Hydrogen explosion occurs at Fukushima No. 4 reactor (11:53)

english.kyodonews.jp...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by PresumedInnocent

Believe it or not, I am still a proponent of nuclear power. If that plant I worked in is completed (as is slated to happen if this doesn't change things), it will bring this whole area out of economic despair and poverty.

But I am also for common-sense reasoning with nuclear power. They should never be built on known fault lines, and especially not when designed to the largest known quake level. That is a 0% safety margin.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Why not employ these people in wave/tide/geothermal plants instead, and do some clean energy?
edit on 14-3-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Deathstarr54054

look at the charts... these remaing 50 people are heros, giving their lives to save us all.

That they are, my friend... that they are.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Highground

Oops, hehe - roger that. I think I mixed up your post with someone on another thread that was mincing the measurements.
I wish it weren't so though. :/ They are dancing around the exposure - probably trying to slowly ramp it up so as to not create too much panic.

link   
Yes, I have been thinking about them...

Originally posted by apacheman

I'd like to offer my utmost respect for those poor sorry sob's who are still fighting for time cooling those reactors.

That plant is swiftly becoming hot as hell, and I'd have to say those still there are going to be very sick soon, perhaps dead.

They are fully aware of this, most likely scared pissless, and yet they stay and fight for more time and a miracle that won't happen.

They've got guts.

I wish them luck and hope people remember who bought them time, and at what price.

edit on 14-3-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

link   
As a follow up to your earlier post Redneck, are you saying that due to the melting the control rods have become in-effective. Does that by default mean that the fuel rods are now permitted to operate as if the control rods weren't present at all? i.e at what would under normal circumstances have been the equivalent of full / normal operating power?

If this is even close to true then surely a complete melt down is imminent and unavoidable.
edit on 14/3/2011 by who-me? because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Thanks for the acknowledgement TheRedneck.
The USA needs to prepare for sure. Please start working on canned foods and securing water.

top topics

<< 81  82  83    85  86  87 >>

join