It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 839.htm
<< 836  837  838    840  841  842 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

Yes it is (heavier that is and under certain conditions does not mix but instead forms two distinct zones ( the aquifers under Florida area good example of this ) , I am a bit pressed for time , but as anyone with half a brain knows salt will quickly form deposits on any heat source , and to make matters worse plutonium, and uranium have some cut-off temperatures (100C, and 250C respectively ) wherein even under water above the cut-off temperatures they react the same as if the where in air, which means that the heat source will /did act like salt accumulation devices (trapping most of the salt either in the RPV , CV , SC or pools) . One of the European nuclear science people warned tepco about salt accumulation weeks ago , which prompted the cessation of Seawater use . The low pressure /temps at the top of the (open) rpv #3 are certainly a direct indicator (from the chemical output) that quite a bit of salt is still available there , and the temperature readings inside number one's RPV indicate salt there as well ( plus as I've mentioned the oddities of stainless steeel oxides in this environment )

Also they have not really clarified where they are getting the HUGE amounts of water they need from , as we know there is a limit to the amount of re-circ they can do before the water becomes too hot radioactively speaking, and the information indicates that sea-water is still finding it's way into #3 and #4 ( I bet it's the exchanger , but the 'wall in the ground tepco wants to build" seems to imply some ground cracking issues ( ? Tepco so it could be spin , hard to say )

Which leads me to #3 , the temp got to 243C at teh top of the dry well and it is apparent that they added more water(as was surmised here a couple of days ago) , but the mass has grown too large and the water is not going to slow the reactions as they are now thermally shielded . The temps in the last three readings at the bottom of the CV have been 137, 149, 153C which has slowed somewhat from it's exponential heating of the last couple of days , but it indicates that teh uranium might be hitting stride ( a plateau ) inside a poolium deposit at the bottom of the CV( if one goes to the current web cam #3 is steaming like crazy) . The only reason they pumped water into 3 is because of the temperature rise as it appears they had been neglecting everything but #1 (as was surmised here earlier ). Unfortunately , at three this may have put them past a tipping point at being able to manage the heat output and will probably have to suffer through another criticality plateau ( as was surmised on this thread earlier ) , the down side is the question of cv integrity and the possibility of water / steam explosion . I tend to think it will react somewhat like a pulse jet ( but in really slow motion ) , although so far every time we have seen temps above 200c it's beeen corium /poolium on the move ...damn have to run...;-)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Is it possible the buldings are being lit up at night in varying locations to accomodate work and repairs 24/7 rather than just during daylight? Seems to me doubling the amount of work that can be completed in a given time frame at stricken nuclear plants would be a good idea...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Edit: Emotions run high in a situation like this.

edit on 7-5-2011 by SamSeed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

The same thing I see almost everyday. 4 reactors in varying stats of decay with varying amounts of steam/smoke coming off them. Yes, 4 seems to be higher than yesterday but 2 and 3 seem to be less. So what?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Hey Des.. I can see something like steam and or smoke coming from the 4 also the wind is blowing from left to right also.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mrbillshow

I had to stop for this one ... I never use the word steadfast it is for idiots , this forum is about exploring the ideas and theories in the true fashion of scientific method , form a hypothesis make some priori and then test them , if part of the results do not match the priori, re-work the theory , or scrap it whole sale and start again .

I have absolutely no problem being wrong , but in an analysis of this thread I have an extremely high percentage of being correct, and if invalidation of one area occurs it in no way invalidates the body of work or the integrity of the body of data ( or the poster) . I think of the space here as a collective with everyone contributing, so that when I make predictions and they turn out to be true I try to refer credit to the thread rather then myself, and I certainly shy away from reading a bunch of the information here and then re-posting it and claiming it's my idea ( or prediction ).

This is not a pissing contest.

Although any reader can take what they like away from here , I will continue to post what I believe to be true , I HAVE NO AGENDA, so it's simply my true assessment given the (meager) data at hand . I personally think almost everyone on this thread has done an amazing job given the dribble of data we have to work with ...and more importantly WE KNOW FOR A FACT TEPCO AND THE JAPANESE government have been lying consistently about one of the worst man made disasters in the history of the human race , so it is important that people who give a damn step out on a limb to try and force the truth from rigid lips

And for the record the evidence is overwhelming that the #3 Rpv is blown open , the data on this thread is extremely good in that regard , I thought it rhetorical to have to spell this out but:

the extremely low pressures at three's RPV are simply impossible for a closed rpv unless some really exotic materials are being trapped there . If it was closed the amount of hydrogen ( and other chemicals ) would have auto-ignited (repeatedly)at the stated temperatures ....

and ...

in the spirit of this thread ...

the evidence seems to lead in only one direction , but several minds and lots of eyes a perspective make so re-visiting the original 'assumptions' is best done from many perspectives .

SO in light of that I do not know what 'stead-fast' means as it would seem that once again you are not additive ( are taking credit for other peoples ideas ), and not really following the facts in this thread ; I.E.

Gunderson , earlier I mentioned how Gunderson knows this industry and these people , his plan at #4 was brilliant but not well understoood at first ...

there is no doubt that he either has another game afoot at #3 or he believes that it is closed , in either event I still stick with my belief , as that is where the evidence takes me . I like Arnie and he is a very intelligent and no doubt expert in this field , but that does not mean that I am going to get on my knees in front of the guy , and if I am wrong then it certainly is not shame to be correct by one of the best in the business , no shot to thew ego in any event

the bottom line is that if I am right then it allows the poeple who agree to take steps they think need taking and if wrong , well no one reads this thread right so then it doesn't matter

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by pattonisit

I saw these as well, last night. I even asked my wife, to come see, if she could figure out, what they were. Pardon my description, but they looked like dissolving snowballs. Many, like 20, or more. and constantly. In your 2nd picture, I can see some in the sky. All the ones we saw, were above and behind, the reactors. Sorry, no screen grabs. Haven't learned how yet.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
It will be day light soon and hopefully we will see things alot better.

Wind has changed to WSW at 9 mph

www.weather.com...

www.youtube.com.../l/-ZPYlazljME

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrbillshow

The same thing I see almost everyday. 4 reactors in varying stats of decay with varying amounts of steam/smoke coming off them. Yes, 4 seems to be higher than yesterday but 2 and 3 seem to be less. So what?

"SEEING" is different than watching for anomalies. It requires "patience", something you are somewhat lacking in. TY for "looking" ...(hint) you see much better without the mental blinders. BTW, if you had been watching, you would see that there is much more activity than normal. It doesn't require being a Sherlock Holmes to deduce that.

You are learning...At least I have hopes, you are. look again... news.tbs.co.jp...

Des
edit on 03/28/2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

edit on 03/28/2011 by Destinyone because: add link

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by rbrtj

Gotta love folks who thoroughly enjoy being the spoiler, MBS, still fighting the fight I see. It's tough to be the only smart one in the room isn't it? You remind me of a food critic - sampling the labors of others and offering criticism for the enlightenment of us all, never once having prepared a decent meal.

Sorry been on and off lately, work and all that. It would be great to hear from a few more of our nuke sexperts as Silver seems to be holding down the fort all by his lonesome - and doing a great job too.

Remember, we're all going from spotty, possibly tainted info. Any theories we put forward can't be set in stone so if something is proven wrong or right no reason to get all gloaty - especially since there are folks here who are spending a vast amount of time contributing and others who are just getting a thrill from taking potshots from the sidelines. [edit]: BTW this is not to imply that Silver's theory is wrong, I believe it was TRN's belief also that the #3 RPV blew it's cookies. AG as amazing as he is, isn't there. We're all using the same data - ie: what TEPCO chooses to release. AG thanks folks emailing him - I hope some of our posters have been sending him our analysis for him to consider.

Anyho, this article was extremely enlightening rbtj, thank you. It's a lot to wade through - still digesting parts. I'm hoping Silver will crack it open and see if it offers some data that is useful - if anything it is an awesome synopsis.
edit on 7-5-2011 by Wertwog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
This is supposedly video taken at 12 CST today.

www.youtube.com...

Maybe someone could upload.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

Np, Yikes, that be a lot of smoke... looks like it might be going inland as well.

For future ref, just go to the "vid:YOUTUBE" button and put in only the # of the video, in this case - 9BN0teWjt3Y. You can find the number in the URL when you are in YouTube.
edit on 7-5-2011 by Wertwog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Des, I've been glued to the live feed, and will continue to do so. My family thinks, well I don't really care. I'm the fighter in the family, have bought supplies and water to last a long while. I'm the weird one, but hey I'm loved. Anyway, It's curious that the plant is lit. Maybe tptb want to watch history unfold in Japan and New Madrid. Water, water everywhere and nothing to drink. I'm going to continue the vigil at Fuku, the 8th is vast approaching. Thanks for your eagle eyes on the situation.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrbillshow
reply to post by Wertwog

More importantly, Gunderson reaffirms his opinion the explosion in #3 was from the fuel pool and offers additional support why it wasn't the RPV or PCV, the same reasons I gave last week when I was attacked for my position. His groundwater and ocean contamination theories are the same as mine that I put forth weeks ago. which got fewer stars than the kitty litter theory.

Thanks Arne, you da man.

Right! He REAFFIRMS HIS OPINION and and he does so without disregarding and disrespecting those who have other opinions,,, unlike you. He also does so without blowing his own horn,,, unlike you again who seems to be concerned with being more popular than kitty litter, and to be quite honest, that nice smelling clumpy kitty litter is pretty popular stuff. Gonna be a tough choice.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maluhia
This is supposedly video taken at 12 CST today.

www.youtube.com...

Maybe someone could upload.

TY for posting this. I've been glued to WC, that is a lot of activity for R's 2,3,and 4. Plus, that addition of so much external lighting, gave an impression of...something big in the works...MRb...will surely comment, as usual, on this, so I'll address it now. No, I'm not implying anything other than TEPCO LIES. Our concern should be WHY?

Des

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Here we go:

NHK World

The Japanese Meteorological Agency has announced that this year's first typhoon has appeared in waters east of the Philippines.

The agency announced that it developed from a tropical low pressure at 3 PM on Saturday.

The maximum wind speed is 90 kilometers per hour. It is moving west-north-west at a speed of 20 kilometers per hour.

More of these to come. God help us all when they start to hit Fukushima.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertwog

Thank you for the assist and the upload info!

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silverlok
hi, everyone I just have a moment , and cannot catch-up right yet , though I skimmed a bit ( with someone waiting patiently ) , the #3 building doe snot look significantly changes since Thursday, I think the light is just allowing higher contrast to illuminate the buildings dilapidation...although the drywell temp appears to have hit 243.1 and if it had water it has to bee boiled off and it looks like the mass is still growing and very near the 250C run-away point ( it is certainly putting out higher radiation , but the numbers will sky-rocket as that mass goes into poolium on the move mode ...hopefully no boom , but if the CV has containment and the poolium burns through to water under it it could get a little rough....will see if the thing is over 250C tomorrow...

And you see ladies and gentleman, this is why actual science wil overcome speculation and majic once again science proves itself immune too mans understanding,,, oh wait a minute SILVERLOC must be a profit or something cause it looks like from those cameras are indeed proving his theory correct.
Cause its called actuall science.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

Hi Aircooled. Not sure if you're saying that you don't know how to grab screen shots, or how to upload them, but I'd like to help in either case.

Asssuming you're running a windows operating system, just hit the "Prt Sc" (Print screen) key on your keyboard. (It should be in the top line of keys near the number lock key.) Then, open windows paint, click the "edit" tag then click "paste" and you have your screen image. After that you can just trim the image and save it as a .jpeg file.

To place an image in a post, I recommend reading Zorgon's excellent post on how to insert images, which he posted wayyy back on April 1st. (But it's not an April fool: it's good, useful info.)

I hope this helps...

Back to the main topic: Though I've been pretty quiet recently I've been following this thread pretty well daily and haven't missed a post. The great info and perspectives being shared are much appreciated.

About this situation with so much more smoke/steam during the night than has been usual lately: I was wondering about it as it seems that 2,3 and 4 were all releasing these products at the same time. If I were conspiracy-minded I'd almost say it was as if it were planned, especially as now the sun has come up, no appreciable smoke/steam is visible. It died down to practically nothing just around dawn.

Perhaps this was the "large release of high-level radiation" on May 8 that was being discussed in the recent few pages?

Building 3 -- or should I say "the ruins of former building 3" -- looks even more decrepit than before. Would others agree?

Mike

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

M 4.5, off the east coast of Honshu, Japan

Saturday, May 7, 2011 17:32:04 UTC
Sunday, May 8, 2011 03:32:04 AM at epicenter

Depth: 26.10 km (16.22 mi)

Posted on 7 May 2011 | 5:32 pm

M 4.5, off the east coast of Honshu, Japan

Saturday, May 7, 2011 17:13:16 UTC
Sunday, May 8, 2011 03:13:16 AM at epicenter

Depth: 29.60 km (18.39 mi)