It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 831.htm
<< 828  829  830    832  833  834 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

I am watching...huge amounts of smoke/steam coming off top of building. Also seeing what appears to be a lot of smoke on the ground level on right side of building. How eerie to hear wind blowing and birds chirping...

Live Cam Link... news.tbs.co.jp...

Des
edit on 03/28/2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

edit on 03/28/2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Very sad the whole of this all. I live here in New York State in the USA. While most Folks think New York is just a City, that is so very far from real. While we have NYC and others most of the state is full of Mountains and back woods - Anyways - I live in the Catskills of NY - remote - a old friend of mine sent me a facebook request today to do a drive to raise money for the Children of Japan. She is a good Women and meaning well - -- Tomorrow is be a tough day as I try to figure out just what to tell her -- How do you tell a mother who is clueless of the full effects in a simple conversation that ---- well you all know

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Anmarie96

The same thing you tell a mother of a 4 year old ,
when she ask's why her 4 year old
can only play outside, for one hour,
in the middle of a city of 30 million,,,??
" I'm just following orders" is all you can say,,
and carry on as best you can.
And when the time pass's to release the ok
you all can say
it is time once again,
in your sandbox's,
you may play.
I'm sure we will be long gone from this present age,
When writers and rouges tell this story ,
and a turning of the page.

Me.

edit on 4-5-2011 by BobAthome because: opps

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

Eyes on target , we do not have direct temperature reading for the drywell at two , but at a guess we have some plutonium that went from dry to wet conditions , at around 200C in the dry well , the ministry of defense as not published thermal images since the 26th about when 5 and 6 started having pool problems.

so a t a guess we are seeming some some of aftermath from a cooling/water level problem in the #2 pool , it appears the the #3 dry well is still steaming pretty good and running very near the plutonium threshold for over heat , at a guess they put some more water into three also

...which collectively makes me wonder if one of the major problems is that even if every thing worked from the word GO, Did this plant have sufficient cooling , as it stands it appears that they can move coolant around to different heat exchangers , but that they are over capacity and it's like playing whack-a-mole( I think that is Arnies term for it ) perhaps enough heat capacity for 3 reactos , having to be switched back and forth for 5 pools and three reactors...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverlok

Geez just ask any boiler guy it's a pressure relief valve,,, blowing off at X p.s.i ,,too make sure said vessel does not go BOOM from build up of ,, well the rest is combustion, etc,, i'm sure no one is interested,, but said relief valve, should be specked out too withstand current opp. conditions, for the next 64,000 years or so,,, give or take a year.
If not expect failure of valve within the next???

edit on 4-5-2011 by BobAthome because: sp

edit on 4-5-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrbillshow
reply to post by zorgon

Even if they were inclined they can't entomb the buildings until they've cooled the remaining fuel sufficiently, which they can't do until they get existing or new cooling capabilities online, which they can't do until they can enter the buildings, which they can't do until they remove the highly radiated water and scrub the air.

If it's the intention of Tepco to dismantle the plant or even go the entombing route, then they are making the right moves. They don't have a lot of options

Hi.
I can't seem to put any faith in Tepco/JapGov...
And seeing the word "can't" in their excuses of inactively combating the crisis really perturbs me.
The way they fought to keep Iwo-Jima? What happened to this people, Russia led by example, yes, they had a smaller wound to bandage (1 reactor). Did they give excuses as to why they "can't" combat the crisis?

I guess I sound pretty cold to insist that Japan start following the lead of Chernobyl? They made that bed, and I have zero tolerance for anyone who says "I can't" when my own health hangs in the balance of their inactivity to preserve my quality of life.

This post is in reply to Mrbillshow's post. But it is directed at TEPCO, with a question; Where is the honor now?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Just now at web cam...helicopter zooming back and forth...did you see it?

news.tbs.co.jp...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Ya their checking the outside of the relief valves

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

I saw it Des - seemed to go by pretty quickly. Still alot of steam/smoke coming out of 2.

Someone asked earlier about the poor resolution but I didn't see an answer. I know the weather is bad today, but I don't think that's the problem.

Could it be the radiation or the distance or the type of camera?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silverlok

Originally posted by loveguy

Originally posted by Silverlok
interesting color content,why , and why , but more importantly how , exactly , film these days is like the antique road show finger prints equal higher prices one way or another ..

I can't edit for crap. In my paint program where I resized and stuff, I used the auto correct button for the color and contrast properties.
Other than that, I'm not too sure I follow your posting. The bright flash was eery, maybe due to an error while recording?

My last pic shows numerous solid bodies of material coming back to the earth. I think I'll fall back into my lurker mode in this thread. Keep up the good efforts everybody!

however you did it produces some interesting # , put it back up. honest mistakes all suck but as as an observer there is something there , so may hap not a mistake at all
As requested. Sorry about it taking me so long to repost the pics.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Ok where did the bird go from live cam , and gee it sure looks misty all of a sudden???

Sorry vol. too low,, is that bird in a cage next too the cam?? ie canary?
edit on 4-5-2011 by BobAthome because: vol.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

Workers going into Reactor #1

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
How come that bird aint singing no more???

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Just opend this URL (here in Germany) and got a 'This video is not available' error message. Is this a general censoring/problem of this feed or just censoring here in Germany?

Can you still open this link?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maluhia

I saw it Des - seemed to go by pretty quickly. Still a lot of steam/smoke coming out of 2.

Someone asked earlier about the poor resolution but I didn't see an answer. I know the weather is bad today, but I don't think that's the problem.

Could it be the radiation or the distance or the type of camera?

The camera is at extreme zoom , every once in a while they pan it back and move it a bit to get a shot of all six reactors. What you have in the (now) current shot is the atmospheric distortion from a couple of thousand feet line of sight, I missed the helicopter did it look private / news or military?

(edit) google translation link to the cam is flaky

The drywell at #3 took a jump on the fourth:

05:00, May 4th 194.2/103.5
11:00, May 4th 213.1/111.2

That's quite a hop if I am guessing right about the plutonium and uranium hydrides and it's cousins if it gets over 250C then we can expect some serious radiation numbers and perhaps temps over 400C even if it's underwater (which I do not think it is ) It would appear that the pool at three is kind of pulsing stuff down into the drywell and if there is water in there it is getting burned off pretty quickly ( which is why we are seeing the kind of pulsing ) if they try to douse it we will see a burst of radiation , but I think they are going to have to because if the CV is not already burned thru I think this could be the thing that does it and we know that there is water under it.

edit on 5-5-2011 by Silverlok because: link

edit on 5-5-2011 by Silverlok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I lifted this from NHK:

Areva CEO Anne Lauvergeon was speaking in a lecture in New York on Wednesday. Lauvergeon said that all operators of nuclear power plants should not only take the strictest safety measures, but should also ensure transparency by disclosing all information the people want. Referring to the on-going emergency at Tokyo Electric Power Company's Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant, Lauvergeon expressed her respect and praise for the courage and calmness of the Japanese facing the problem. She said that her company gives the highest priority to responding to emergencies. Her firm is providing technical support for the treatment of contaminated water at the plant.

Well I imagine they would as they are telling Tepco HOW to interpret the data I am sure the transparency is in the best interest of 'people' (please read as: our bottom line , as we have cooked things to not look like MOX is a problem, but Tepco doesn't seem to wan to take the fall ,and we are desperately trying regain some ground on our share prices through 'humanitarian outreach', I mean we just had to pay seimens 1.6billion , and that money was really really nice and we are a bit heart broken over losing it ) . But in the interest of fair play seriously Tepco should cough it up , if they plan on polluting for the holidays ( and by this I mean Christmas ) then we should at least get a little something in our collective stockings.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
way back around page ? when we started to pull criticality info from the web cam Tepco put those lights on , and there was some suspicion that Tepco had begun faking the data, well that may be proven .

here is the pic from the tepco web cam on 5-5,

and at the same time the live link shows:

, fogged out ( it was getting progressively foggier all day on the live feed )

I wonder if they didn't want proof of another night flash criticality showing up on the webcam on the eve of " even without pictures we swear we sent workers( who we are ever so mindful of their safety) into #1 today, wow look at our progress and after only two months "

the web cam images from all day : www.gyldengrisgaard.dk... are completely wrong ( the date doesn't even match)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   

You're absolutely right, they've been caught red handed with this one

Your pics show the 16.01 timestamp on it and I'm looking at the 17.01 webcam pic which is still nice and clear and the livecam is still fogged out (I still don't know how to put pics on after over three years as a member so you'll have to trust me on this
)

ETA
I think I've figured out how to upload pics, so I'll give it a try
This is the 18.01 webcam pic

And this is the live cam screenshot taken moments later

So, yes it seems to me this is positive proof of TEPCO's BLATENT LIES

edit on 5/5/11 by yellowbeard because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrbillshow
What lining would that be?

Anything, perhaps even that green goop they are spraying on the ground now. Just any thing that will help keep it in the pit
Better than dumping it in the ocean and messing with my TUNA. Just so long as they post it "No Swimming"

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aircooled
You know, being a painter, myself, I can tell you, this addition, is great.

I agree... however it seems Japanese officials are art critics now

new topics

top topics

<< 828  829  830    832  833  834 >>

join