It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 825.htm
<< 822  823  824    826  827  828 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by SFA437
Heck yeah but that would be a MASSIVE undertaking.

Working on it... and now that things have slowed down I can start organizing it. This is the work sheet starting with the Tsunami. I have 8 pages of notes so far beyond this one. It will take a few weeks to finish though. I gotz no sexatary to help out

www.thelivingmoon.com...

Phenomenal job so far! Thank you for doing this.

I've been peeking in daily and catching up. Not much to contribute besides awareness and spreading the word in my neck of the woods. I'm very grateful to you all for your contributions to keeping us updated and informed.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moonbeams771
Under the current law on sewage, recycling the sludge is encouraged. 80 percent of the sewage sludge is recycled as building materials [like cement], and the remaining 20 percent is buried in landfills.

Nice
rebuild your home wit radioactive sewage sludge...

Ummm... pass....

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Somebody just tell me this sewage sludge is not already being "lit" and burned off at the nearest coal thermal plant...

Tokyo Electric Power Launches Biomass Fuel Business
Tokyo Electric Power Co. (TEPCO) will launch a biomass fuel processing business that will carbonize sewage sludge, which is currently burned before landfill disposal by local municipalities. Carbonization will convert the sludge into biomass fuel, which TEPCO will sell, the company announced on September 20, 2005.

TEPCO, in cooperation with its subsidiary Bio Fuel Co., has been entrusted with a project to carbonize sewage sludge at the Water Reclamation Center of Tokyo Metropolitan Government's Bureau of Sewerage in Sunamachi, Koto Ward Tokyo. The companies will be responsible for all processes, from the construction, operation and maintenance of the carbonization plant to the marketing of the biomass fuel. They plan to produce 8,700 tons of carbonized biomass fuel annually from 99,000 tons of dehydrated sludge generated through the process of sewage sludge treatment at the Sunamachi Center. The biomass fuel will be transported and sold to a coal thermal power plant run by Joban Joint Power Co., located in Iwaki City, Fukushima Prefecture. In the power plant, the fuel will be mixed with coal in a ratio of around one percent and burned. The operation is scheduled to start in October 2007.

This business will recycle around nine percent of the sewerage sludge generated annually in Tokyo. The carbonization treatment can reduce CO2 emissions by 37,000 tons compared to burning the sludge. It can also cut emissions by around 9,200 tons annually as a result of cutting fossil fuel use. TEPCO estimates about 46,200 tons of CO2 emissions will be reduced annually.

TEPCO is examining the possibility to expand this model business, the first of its kind in Japan, to other municipalities.

source

Surely they haven't been burning this sludge as fuel to fill in the energy gaps since March 11? Anyone? *crickets*
edit on 2-5-2011 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

Would you put it past them?
I wouldn't.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
If anyone was hoping we might get more info from Professor Kosako -- not looking good

Kan Administration Silences Prof. Toshiso Kosako with "Kindly" Advice on Confidentiality

Professor Toshiso Kosako of Tokyo University, who resigned on April 30 in protest over the 20 milli-sieverts per year allowable radiation exposure to children, was threatened with a "kindly advice" from the Prime Minister's Office not to hold a press conference on May 2 to explain his opposition.

"老婆心": literal meaning of the word that I translate into "kindly" is "granny's heart". The advice is for the benefit of Professor Kosako, out of the kindly granny's heart. "It is none of my business really, but just to remind you, for your own good" is the gist of it.

The "kindly advice" told Professor Kosako that he still has a confidentiality obligation not to disclose any information that he was privy to during his days as a special advisor to the Prime Minister.

The press conference that Professor Toshiso Kosako of Tokyo University had planned to give in the evening of May 2 was canceled.

source
edit on 2-5-2011 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverlok

Is this what human workers were sent in to possibly start in #1 today?

Heat exchanger for No1 reactor considered

The Tokyo Electric Power Company is thinking about setting up a heat exchanger to hasten the full-scale recovery of the cooling system at the Number 1 reactor of the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant.

TEPCO says 70 percent of the fuel is apparently damaged and 6 tons of water per hour is being injected into the reactor.

In order to cool it under more stable conditions, TEPCO wants the water level in the containment vessel to reach the height of the fuel rods.

At present, the water level is estimated to be about 6 meters from the bottom of the containment vessel.

Two plans have been considered to cool the vessel, one uses sea water, the other air.

To avoid the risk of further damage from possible aftershocks TEPCO is favoring the water system.

It says the pipes which connect the containment vessel and the heat exchanger must be quake protected. In addition, radioactive substances must be removed before pouring contaminated water into the heat exchanger.

These tasks should be done inside the nuclear reactor building but as the level of radioactivity is too high for human entry, many problems remain before the heat exchanger can be set up. [/ex]

I guess they decided to send the workers in anyway.

Source

Monday, April 25, 2011 06:00 +0900 (JST)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Nice work on piecing together all the sleuthing

----

One of those heresay items from mrs mech in Taiwan who works for a half owned Japanese company...CEO's friends in Japan expect the radiation to get worse and for business to decline.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

Is this what human workers were sent in to possibly start in #1 today?

I hope not but perhaps so - how long could
each worker stay at a time, anyone know. I
am surprised they still have workers but then
I guess they can't exactly return home now.

I don't post often as you know but I come here
to read 2 or 3 times a day. Thanks for all the
great info.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maluhia
If anyone was hoping we might get more info from Professor Kosako -- not looking good

Kan Administration Silences Prof. Toshiso Kosako with "Kindly" Advice on Confidentiality

Professor Toshiso Kosako of Tokyo University, who resigned on April 30 in protest over the 20 milli-sieverts per year allowable radiation exposure to children, was threatened with a "kindly advice" from the Prime Minister's Office not to hold a press conference on May 2 to explain his opposition.

"老婆心": literal meaning of the word that I translate into "kindly" is "granny's heart". The advice is for the benefit of Professor Kosako, out of the kindly granny's heart. "It is none of my business really, but just to remind you, for your own good" is the gist of it.

The "kindly advice" told Professor Kosako that he still has a confidentiality obligation not to disclose any information that he was privy to during his days as a special advisor to the Prime Minister.

The press conference that Professor Toshiso Kosako of Tokyo University had planned to give in the evening of May 2 was canceled.

source
edit on 2-5-2011 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

Hi.
Now why would this guy take a stand by stepping down, and not see things through to the bitter end? Why call out BINGO if you can't produce the winning card?

At first I thought of his move as a sign that someone in Japan's authority-ring actually has the integrity needed to reveal the hard-line reality and depth of this on-going nuclear holocaust.

Just because people ain't dropping dead today as a direct result from Fuku doesn't mean this is not a nuclear holocaust.

I wonder if there are any hospitals in Japan that report stats on the web. Numbers of people being treated for radiation sickness/death? Here's a starting point...because MSM is asleep at the wheel again/still.

Crum!> slightly off-topic

Israel provided surveillance security as we learned earlier in the thread, now we find they have a hospital there too? I'm not trying to connect these dots, are they not self explanatory? Israel/Japan have what in commonto form a mutual partnership? Straw grasping...

edit on (5/2/1111 by loveguy because: edit more

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

How pathetically and infuriatingly typical. I agree with what the first commenter had to say

netudiant said... Classic bureaucratic thinking: 'To shut up the inconvenient voice, cite a legal obligation'. In the US, this approach led to the 'Streisand effect', the effort to use a court case made the information that was to be concealed so famous that it was publicized beyond any individuals capability. I do hope that the internet functions similarly in Japan so that Dr Kosakos data are everywhere understood and discussed.

Not sure if you noticed, but the source for this article also had another post on his blog today...

#Fukushima I Nuke Plant Live Video Feed by TBS

My find of this evening. TBS TV in Japan has a 24/7 live-feed video of Fukushima I Nuke Plant viewed from the mountain-side. It's HD, and it zooms in and moves. Since it's a live-feed, it could be cut off unexpectedly. If the embedded video below stops working, go to the TBS/JNN channel at Youtube, here.

Has this live feed been posted before? It's so eery to hear the ocean and birds while viewing such a site of devastation. Just surreal.
edit on 5/2/1111 by NoAngel2u because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/2/1111 by NoAngel2u because: Uncle!!!!!

Well I just give up trying to get this feed to imbed. lol No idea what the prob is, but it is easily accessible from bloggers site.

edit on 5/2/1111 by NoAngel2u because: I surrender

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Working on it... and now that things have slowed down I can start organizing it. This is the work sheet starting with the Tsunami. I have 8 pages of notes so far beyond this one. It will take a few weeks to finish though. I gotz no sexatary to help out

www.thelivingmoon.com...

Outstanding, truly outstanding. Looks like you've been working the morning, afternoon and night shift since March 11. No wonder your poolium is in such a state. Let the geese have their day. What a phenomenal job you have done - as always. Thank you so very much for sharing your time and talents...with or without a sexatary...you are doing better than fine.

The photo of the panda from the zoo with its arms wrapped around the policeman's leg...wow.

Well that photo from your site sums up how this whole nuclear disaster is making everyone feel. Day after day of say it isn't so. Because of people like you and your diligence in reporting...this story will be told. Thank you from all of us. Even the one's who can still only just hold onto a leg because every new fact is a bigger disaster to behold. We are with you.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by NoAngel2u

Spectacular find!

I don't recall that having been posted prior, but senility is probably lurking nearby so i admit i may have missed it's appearance.

So the radiation has made it's way from the plants and into the sub-infrastructural systems of Japan.

It's being reaersolized in incinerators and lofted high into the atmosphere to circle the globe and come down who knows where.

It's actually being used as an ingredient in concrete? Is that what I'm seeing?

Roads, sidewalks, schools?

Those things use concrete in their construction if I'm not mistaken.

Not only do we have to worry abot bioaccumulation but we need to be aware of industrialaccumulation of radiation.

The honorable Toshiso Kosako needs asylum. Someone in Japan needs to help him get aboard the Rainbow Warrior where some truth can be disseminated.

The voices of those who truly stand for the people of Japan NEED TO BE HEARD!

The silencing of this man is the ULTIMATE shame. There is no apology deep enough for the placing on of the muzzle upon the HONORABLE Toshiso Kosako! What this former government advisor has done in stepping down speaks volumes.

I don't know if JustMike is still reading this thread on occasion but I'm sure I'm not alone in the desire for a deeper reading of this situation.

Wow, great info in the last few hours, keep it up everyone!

edit on 2-5-2011 by jadedANDcynical because: Blasted typos

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Well, just one more thing before I head off to catch a few sweet dreams. Fairewinds has posted a new video today, however Arnie is not featured giving report as usual, it is Maggie Gundersen and she is interviewing an "environmental scientist and professional engineer Marco Kaltofen about his ongoing analysis of radioactive fallout from Fukushima."

Unfortunately, the video has not been loaded up on Youtube that I've been able to find, so here's the source link.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Already gone...(edit ) thank for the link :-)

And about Professor Toshiso Kosako, with Kan at a 1% approaval rating and now "heightened" security because of the malarkey Osama thing , It's my bet someone reminded Mister Kosako that it's a dangerous world , and not just for him. Just goes to show one what kind of scum hides behind Japanese honor rhetoric in the houses of power.

DWW: the stated purpose of sending humans in was twofold: to get air-scubbers in the unit one reactor building to clean radionuclides and (the old Tepco bedtime favorite) 'to get the cooling system repaired"

Total cr@p on both counts, the scubbers will be over loaded before you can say "boo" and the real reason is to try and convince people how Tepco is making progress (look #1 now safe for humans) , when in reality they are no better off than they were almost two months ago. The air cooling idea is possible but you'd need massive amounts of power and they will have to be blowing already cooled air into the thing, which since they have containment problems means a higher aerosol count , so still the same problem : no stop of the pollution.

And 70% damage to the rods is a joke. The only reason they are getting pressure in the RPV is because it's got a plug of corium at the bottom and the water pumping they initiated into the CV has started the material that managed to escape ( or leak from the pool ) to go critical again, and spike the radiation up .

Remember that thing went critical in the RPV on the 3-12th and then again on the 3-21 were it stayed above 390C and then went off the scale at over 400C on the 3- 23, with a day on 3-24 where the rpv , drywell and torus where all running at the same air pressure ( about 4 atm think of it as an over cooked hot dog ) and then another criticality on 3-29, which they then spent the entire month of April to slowly day by day cool the thing from 323C down to 114C and in the last three days they already have it back up to 142C, either they are complete morons , total full of crap , or are grasping at straws...I think they should just start spraying sand in there and start radioactive glassing this thing up so we can get the water out of it and start pumping concrete in there , either that or thermite dumped directly on the rpv and keep adding it ( with a catapult?) unitl it burns a hole in the ground for the corium to pour into
edit on 3-5-2011 by Silverlok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silverlok
I think they should just start spraying sand in there and start radioactive glassing this thing up so we can get the water out of it and start pumping concrete in there , either that or thermite dumped directly on the rpv and keep adding it ( with a catapult?) unitl it burns a hole in the ground for the corium to pour into

Day after day it's getting harder to imagine they are failing to take more aggressive measures because they are incompetent. Is it time to put on my leadfoil hat? I say it should be a standard that if you invest in, or manage a nuclear power station, then you should be on the front lines in the event of a disaster... and it should be retroactive.

Ok, I've nodded of 3 times writing this note lol I'm definitely going to go sleep for a while. Sweet dreams when ya'll get there yourselves.
edit on 5/3/1111 by NoAngel2u because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by loveguy

Hi.

I wonder if there are any hospitals in Japan that report stats on the web. Numbers of people being treated for radiation sickness/death? Here's a starting point...because MSM is asleep at the wheel again/still.

Crum!> slightly off-topic

Israel provided surveillance security as we learned earlier in the thread, now we find they have a hospital there too? I'm not trying to connect these dots, are they not self explanatory? Israel/Japan have what in commonto form a mutual partnership? Straw grasping...

edit on (5/2/1111 by loveguy because: edit more

No Conspiracy here

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by loveguy

No Conspiracy here

Quote from source quote

Asked whether Israel had provided any assistance in grappling with the difficulties affecting Japanese nuclear facilities, Ben #rit said no. “That’s an issue for the Japanese and the Americans only,” he said.

To me that reads 'we have our independent nuclear weaponry, they can look after their own mess'

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
A million questions about what is going on inside the nuclear plant, but does TEPCO respond with answers? No.

Write a story about the bucks they are going to have to shell out. They are all over that with an official "get whacked" response posted on their website. It's all about the money.

"Government estimated 4 trillion yen of compensation for the nuclear accident" on the Asahi Shimbun dated on May 3

May 3, 2011
Tokyo Electric Power Company

Today on May 3, a certain news media reported "Government estimated 4 trillion yen of compensation for the nuclear accident." However, we have not made such an announcement or any decisions. In addition, we are currently closing account on March 2011 and unable to definitely say when we will make the announcement.

We deeply apologize for the anxiety and inconvenience to broader society caused by the accident in our nuclear power station.

TEPCO

More News:

Video from Unit 1

Link to video of unit 1 from TEPCO

Newest information from METI reveals:

Reactor 3 RPV is 205C
Reactor 1 SFP 1,6m water

METI report (see last page)

Correction from TEPCO on spraying near Unit 4

Since May 2nd, we have been working to install the ambient air filtration
system to improve the work environment in the reactor building of Unit 1.
- At 10:00 am on May 2nd, we resumed transfer water accumulated in the
basement of turbine building of Unit 6 to a temporary tank. At 4:00 pm on
the same day, a pump to transfer water was stopped (approx. 220 m3).
- On May 2nd, an unmanned crawler dump truck sprayed dust inhibitor to prevent radioactive materials on the ground from flying to approximately 4,000 m2 areas in the south and west side of the reactor building of Unit 4. On May 2nd, we also sprayed dust inhibitor to approximately 5,500 m2 areas in the slope surrounding the former Administration Office building by conventional method. In previous announcements, we described the building as "the turbine building of Unit 4," but it was an error. We meant "the reactor building of Unit 4." We would like to apologize for the error and correct it.

bold added

TEPCO status

edit on 3-5-2011 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Every time i checked rain water i found beta disintegrations happening in it. i also found trace in our city drinking water too. I went to the supermarket and checked fresh California produce - on the shelf - which SET OFF the beta flux density threshold ALARM of my geiger counter - twice !

Quote from Arnie Gundersons' vimeo channel, user Michael Latimer, arnies video in question is 'Epidemiologist, Dr. Steven Wing, Discusses Global Radiation Exposures and Consequences with Gundersen".
I think it speaks volumes about the actual situation if true... beta alarms going off on your vegetables isn't a good thing at all! Imagine the implications for the ignorant, eating and drinking their way through this fallout.
edit on 3/5/11 by GhostR1der because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Government withheld radiation levels. Current data now available. Sorta.

•Environmental radioactivity and radiation information -Realtime radiation data collected via the System for Prediction of Environment Emergency Dose Information(SPEEDI)

Currently, the monitoring data updates in Miyagi Prefecture and Fukushima Prefecture are stopping by the 2011 Tohoku - Pacific Ocean Earthquake.
Please refer to the website for the monitoring data in Miyagi Prefecture.
Also, please refer to the website for the monitoring data in Fukushimai Prefecture.

Link

New Data

As with the EPA withholding of other radiation levels - so it seems is being done in Japan. Didn't a MOX fuel reactor pop off? Wouldn't it be prudent to test for and or reveal more values for things like plutonium, etc.? Lots of reports to sift through still.

top topics

<< 822  823  824    826  827  828 >>

join