It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 808.htm
<< 805  806  807    809  810  811 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Great information. Have you come across any detailed information that might relate to subsidence in and around the Fukushima plant specifically. A.k.a. inland water maps and pics like these. I know a while back you posted the map showing the lowering of the coastline that stretched up the east coast of Japan, but these appear to be more detailed analysis of subsidence. Keep us posted. Great information...and ya...stupid about how they are going to be exposing these workers to obviously higher radiation doses than they want to acknwledge or record.

The workers had a really good point though, when it comes to their exposures not being recorded days ago, they said that if there is no record it makes it difficult if not impossible for them to file claims for exposure to cover medical treatment in the future if these doses are not recorded. They are being set up and sacrificed. How wrong is that?

They are prisoners, being allowed no outside contact that we are aware of and living in inhumane conditions with no effort to provide them some basic comforts. Now they are just going to scrap the maximums. My guess is enough workers aren't volunteering for a Fukushima rotation because exposure levels will make them unemployable in the nuclear industry in the future. Well...Japan knows how to "fix" that. Get rid of maximum levels under normal operations allowable so nuke workers can be used at Fukushima then think they can go back to their regular gigs...if they survive and survive with some quality of life in the future.

It is allowable overexposure. My question is - how much choice do the workers have? I can see the boss' comments now, "Listen...you EVER want a job in the INDUSTRY again, you will go work for x days at Fukushima. And bonus...we are protecting your ability to come back and work at Plant A,B,C by unprotecting you and ridding ourselves of that exposure max." "You are all VOLUNTOLD to report to Fukushima post haste."

Again, great posts! Thanks.
edit on 28-4-2011 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-4-2011 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
What a night. Anyone who thinks Mama Nature can be "dealt" with....well, a lot of those folks had a rude wake-up call.

All clear here, but, not for many who live near here
Thank You for kind wishes Friends.

Back to business.

M 5.8, near the east coast of Honshu, Japan

Thursday, April 28, 2011 09:27:48 UTC
Thursday, April 28, 2011 06:27:48 PM at epicenter

Depth: 48.90 km (30.39 mi)

Posted on 28 April 2011 | 9:27 am

newsblogged.com...

Des

FYI, 32 miles ENE of Fukushima Dai-ichi.
edit on 28-4-2011 by Tworide because: Doh, direction

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I looked at that pattern before and thought it was a log periodic; now it seems to appear to be an isotropic antenna pattern which is purely theoretical on paper with unity gain as far as my knowledge of antenna patterns goes at this time. I would tend to believe it is a plasma isotropic antenna pattern.

If someone is better at antennas that might be able to come into existence beyond our current theoretical knowledge, let me know.......if that were true, this antenna could be a direct link to a HAARP transmission; that would be my first guess.

Love, Peace, Harmony, Light

The link that would be direct would be a list of HAARP transmissons as to time and convergence at the site.
edit on 28-4-2011 by Communicater because: addition

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Don't forget "Nuclear Nightmare: Japan in Crisis" tonight on Discovey. Check your local listing for time.
dsc.discovery.com...
Get your fact check scorecards out!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrbillshow
reply to post by SFA437

"The orange flash is on the southwest corner."

Really?

BTW - Why do most of my comments get excised as off topic or too personal yet every single one aimed at me and dozens of other off topic posts remain? Is this thread becoming it's own little gulag?

edit on 28-4-2011 by mrbillshow because: (no reason given)

erm, if you can't see how rude you being towards other members of ATS, then I guess you won't be able to understand why your comments are getting deleted.... If you keep yourself from personal attacks, your comments wont get deleted so often.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

Just looked at IRIS when I saw your post... not a pretty sight today with all that red... but it showed two in Texas

Between all the weird quakes in Nevada and Arkansas, this is just one more odd event in the shaking.

28-APR-2011 04:58:35 30.70 -105.76 4.1 10.0 TEXAS-MEXICO BORDER REGION
28-APR-2011 01:03:42 30.78 -105.73 4.3 10.2 TEXAS-MEXICO BORDER REGION

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by curioustype
reply to post by rbrtj

For instance, I know that in the USA a warning has recently been made at the highest levels about a lack of preparedness for EMP attack/events - they even focused on the grid as I recall. Imagine that an unprecedented event of this kind materialised and simultaneously placed [*a very large number of] multiple sites off grid (due to near national grid failure), knocked out a percentage of diesel generators and electrical equipment at the sites, AND CPUs in vehicles (fuel tankers/fire) were far more comprehensively fried than had previously been thought possible. Where then the use of your regs based on what I have seen of current proposals - they fall WELL short IMO, and that's just ONE scenario, they seem far to...reactive?

If you'd believe this, all they have now to look at are flood, fire, quake, short term local grid outage, extreme weather, (volcanic fallout?) ..

Why on earth aren't they immediately talking EMP (man or solar derived), computer virus intrusion (offline or no -appears no 100%guarantee), civil war...these licences are long term...

I guess the main thing preventing forcing legislation about EMP is cost. To protect any electronic device from EMP ads a huge amount to it's cost. Ask anybody that has developed avionics equipment that has to abide by DO160-D standards (which include EMP, or as it is called in the standard HIRF, and induced lightning). It takes electronic design to a whole new level, that very few designers have the necessary expertise, and very few EMI-labs can actually do those EMP tests.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Communicater
Does everyone remember the 4 pictures showing explosions at the plant? I was just looking at them again and wondering if they played a part in what took place?

What came to mind was "doppler effect" using multiple antennas to make a signal source directional.

Probably my communications background, but what if?

erm, with "What came to mind was "doppler effect" using multiple antennas to make a signal source directional.", I guess you meant "Phasing using multiple antennas ....". Huge difference, doppler effect is created by a moving source/receiver, whereas in phasing, you delay the signal to each radiator just a tiny bit, and that steers the beam. Just my communications background coming into play

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

Not much more yet... Seems they are only now getting around to looking at all the after effects. Seems the shocks are steadily decreasing for the time being, but the whole plate is still very active. Might be the norm for some time

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Just in ,,, breaking news:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Ouch...

S&P downgrades Japan's outlook to 'negative'

By Aaron Smith, staff writerApril 27, 2011: 7:00 AM ET

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Standard & Poor's has revised Japan's credit rating outlook to "negative," blaming the crisis triggered by last month's earthquake.

S&P said late Tuesday that its revision to the nation's outlook, to "negative" from "stable," reflects the possibility of a downgrade, as Japan grapples with the specter of increased deficits in the wake of a deadly earthquake, tsunami and nuclear power plant disaster.

"Standard & Poor's expects costs related to the March 11, 2011, earthquake, tsunami, and nuclear power plant disaster will increase Japan's fiscal deficits above prior estimates by a cumulative 3.7% of GDP through 2013," said the rating agency.

The rating agency also said its revision to the outlook was "to reflect the potential for a downgrade if fiscal deterioration materially exceeds these estimates in the absence of greater fiscal consolidation. money.cnn.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

NOT COOL

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

don't worry we got plenty of money to loan them errrr somebody does any how.

Good post alot of good ones today, I'm searching for any word on the Green peace ship that should get to it's destination tomorrow.
Here any thing ?
edit on 28-4-2011 by rbrtj because: missed a few words

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Yeah those quakes are in an odd spot, but at a bit over 800 miles from me, not a likely contributor to all of those petroleum refineries to loose power at nearly the same time.

I does seem as though there are an incredible variety and exponentially larger, more intense phenomena lately that it's most too much to believe that something HUGE isn't in the works.

Not sure what, but something on such a level as to be epochal in scope.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Finally...some parents are starting to go with their "gut" reaction...not what TEPCO tells them

DAILY YOMIURI ONLINE

Some JAPANESE Schools wary of the outdoors / Even if radiation levels low, some Fukushima students kept inside

The Yomiuri Shimbun

A worker removes surface soil from school yard at Kaoru Primary School in Koriyama, Fukushima Prefecture, on Wednesday.

FUKUSHIMA--Some schools in Fukushima are refusing to let their students venture outdoors even though radiation levels in their school yards do not exceed government safety standards.

In other areas, where radiation levels do exceed the safety standards, schools are even more worried.

However, some schools permit outdoors club activities after receiving written consent from parents.

According to data released by the government on April 19, radiation levels exceeded safety standards--3.8 microsieverts per hour--at 13 primary and middle schools and kindergartens in Fukushima Prefecture, including 10 schools in the prefectural capital. The 13 schools and kindergartens have restricted outdoor activities. www.opednews.com...

Des

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by rbrtj

The latest from Greenpeace

Marine radiation monitoring blocked by Japanese government

Now we are getting closer to Fukushima, the Japanese government has begun obstructing our efforts to do independent research. The sparse data published by the government and TEPCO is not enough to understand the real risks of the continuous leakage of radioactive water in the sea. The Japanese people are great need of independent information on the radioactive contamination of their seafood supply. Therefore, we are planning to do research on the radioactive contamination of seaweed, fish and shellfish.

Despite this great need for information, the Japanese government today refused a permit to do research within the territorial waters of Japan. We are allowed to conduct research outside this 12 mile zone, but this is not the area where the Japanese catch their fish and collect their seaweed.

Greenpeace

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Say it ain't so...

Greenpeace marine radiation monitoring blocked by Japanese government

Press release - April 28, 2011

Tokyo, Japan, 28 April 2011 – The Japanese Government has refused to grant Greenpeace permission to carry out independent radiation monitoring within the country’s 12 mile territorial waters, approving only a much more limited programme further out to sea.

The organisation’s flagship, the Rainbow Warrior, arrived outside Tokyo today, enroute to site of the stricken Fukushima nuclear complex. Greenpeace submitted a comprehensive research plan to the Japanese Ministry of Food and Agriculture including testing beyond that being carried out by the government (1). While permission has been granted to test seawater, sediment and sea life, the most important research within the 12 mile limit is being blocked (2).

“It is critical that Greenpeace is allowed to test marine life, and to conduct monitoring in the coastal areas most at risk from sea water contamination from the Fukushima plant” said Junichi Sato, Greenpeace Japan Executive Director. “This is about providing independent and transparent information that will help people to protect both their health and livelihoods”.

So far Greenpeace has carried out independent land based monitoring and published all of the results (3), which have been greeted with considerable appreciation by local officials and members of the public. In order to get a more complete picture marine based monitoring is vital.

“We need to extend our research (4) into the marine environment Japan relies upon so heavily to feed itself”, said Ike Teuling, Greenpeace radiation expert aboard the Rainbow Warrior. “It has been almost two months since this crisis began and there is still not enough information in the public domain, or enough safety measures in place to protect the health of the population.”

“We have been working closely with the authorities, and while we welcome this recognition of our research activities, like much of the government’s response to this nuclear crisis, it simply does not go far enough”, added Sato. “The government must urgently revise its decision and approve testing closer to shore, so we can begin this critically important independent research.”
www.greenpeace.org...

Off to email this info to Arnie...ooooooohhhh I'm p^ssing mad

Des

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Thanks for that input about the subsidence and quakes, great stuff.

By the way, I know you found blueprints of the site, and remember seeing them for reactors, but have you any info about the common fuel storage pool? I understand that in most reports, given TEPCOs currrent alterior priorities, it usually features as an 'in-hand' on reports, but I have been keeping an eye out for it and info about it, and would like to know more about that, not least as you indicate because of the ongoing risk of further strong quakes and knock-on scenarios at nearby reactors, and what we have seen of the ability of reactors to create debris-bombs that have a capacity to penetrate neighbouring buildings.

- Was it flooded by the Tsunami? How high?
- What does that mean to it's contents?
- How are they stored - I'd like to see how it was arranged pre-quake/tsunami?
- How high is it above sea level?
- Are there water courses - designed or consequential to the 3/11 event that run near or under the building?
- I read about Plutonium or high radiation being found and worked on near it - are we certain that came from other sources, or could something have washed through/out if it was flooded?

I may dig into that tomorrow?

PS - Been digging around and found all UK HPA and French air monitoring that I could find echoes EPA publications i.e. no data on plutonium or uranium as far as I ccould see.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Say, say it ain't so....... Damn
Thank you for bring it that to us, glad you saw my post.
Good work, i got hung up on a Mt. Rainier study and came back and and about dropped my coffee.
ok this is actually good, it will get MSM coverage and eyebrows a raising even more hopefully.
edit on 28-4-2011 by rbrtj because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by rbrtj

Say, say it ain't so....... Damn
Thank you for bring it that to us, glad you saw my post.
good work, i got hung up on a Mt. Rainier study and came back and and about dropped my coffee.

Looks like Moonbeams, and I, both posted it at the same time...we got ya covered

It makes me sick...I just emailed the info to Arnie.

Des
edit on 03/28/2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 805  806  807    809  810  811 >>

join