It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 807.htm
<< 804  805  806    808  809  810 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Dragonfly79

No. It's back up today. No click required. The real fail is that they are not reporting the more harmful particles being detected in the U.S. like plutonium.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by curioustype
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

Anyone else seen this - pages 77+ seemed quite interesting?

Transcript of 582nd ACRS meeting regarding Fukushima...source Googledocs and www.nealgross.com
edit on 27-4-2011 by curioustype because: attempt to strengthen source accreditation detail done.

In this document they bring up the idea that if the fuel rods are packed tight and not spread out this could cause a chimmeny effect.
Arnie could of got his idea from the report.
Question did the Japanese have their fuel rods tightly packed in the center and in the report it asks if these rods were in stored the shallow part of the pool.
Please read the report when you have time and patients for beauratic speak.
edit on 28-4-2011 by rbrtj because: fixed typos

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by pattonisit

One thing I have been monitoring for some time is this: aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

I noticed that the readings from Cathedral Cave in Missouri have been missing for at least 3 days which would probably mean their sensors have been turned off.

The readings I noticed while the sensors were on are similar to some other locations around the planet with large swirls going all over the page in seeming randomness similar to the ones above their listing in Bilibino Russia.

Johnston Island which is primarily a US Navy facility (almost like their private island) part way off the coast towards Hawaii has had some sporadic readings as well; those seem to be at fairly well regulated levels.

Probably some other ones that someone might want to look over periodically.......

I'm just an observer, so no expertise in these readings meanings...could be we have one around.
Love, Peace, Harmony, Light
Communicator

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

I hope they get hazard pay and medical insurance to help cover the added sacrifice.
I don't like how the Japanese companies can fudge the numbers so much and get away with.abosolutely out of control.
Governements around the world who practice safer nuke, if their are any, need to jump all over the ones that don't.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SFA437

"The orange flash is on the southwest corner."

Really?

FWIW I didn't reject your theory I just found it unconvincing. You made a lot of assumptions that can't be established by the evidence in front of us, particularly regarding the video footage and reactor/containment lid. You ask me for absolute evidence supporting my opinions but fail to do the same with many of your own.

BTW - Why do most of my comments get excised as off topic or too personal yet every single one aimed at me and dozens of other off topic posts remain? Is this thread becoming it's own little gulag?

edit on 28-4-2011 by mrbillshow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by makeitso

No meeting that I can find but i came across this non-meeting
on the 18th and it list e-mail addreses of the ones at that meeting.
adamswebsearch2.nrc.gov...^pbntad01&LogonID=2c8cf8c3198ab8e8db93be13dfdbcc51&id=111080194

I see a trend of non-meetings happening at higher levels cause of no reliable or tainted info.
edit on 28-4-2011 by rbrtj because: added iput to convo

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by rbrtj

Hi, I have a little time now, re: that ACRS report, I found another thing that really stood out for me was the way it chimed with Arnie Gundersen's request to seek new, independent bodies to govern and audit the safety and hazard analysis, on the basis that the existing bodies are too embroiled in the interests of the industry licencees, government clients and their own bureaucracies, protocols and ways of thinking to provide the pace and breadth of change that this incident has set the world, and nations to meet - are they really capable - or will be allowed - to think the unthinkable?

For me, I found that it came across very much that they had begun a process of change that appears somewhat flawed both by the lack of scope, a willingness to move before divulging and acknowledging even with their own members a complete understanding of the root causes of the incident, in a way that could easily lead to fudges and flaws in future settlements about regulatory requirements and standards....

For instance, I know that in the USA a warning has recently been made at the highest levels about a lack of preparedness for EMP attack/events - they even focused on the grid as I recall. Imagine that an unprecedented event of this kind materialised and simultaneously placed [*a very large number of] multiple sites off grid (due to near national grid failure), knocked out a percentage of diesel generators and electrical equipment at the sites, AND CPUs in vehicles (fuel tankers/fire) were far more comprehensively fried than had previously been thought possible. Where then the use of your regs based on what I have seen of current proposals - they fall WELL short IMO, and that's just ONE scenario, they seem far to...reactive?

If you'd believe this, all they have now to look at are flood, fire, quake, short term local grid outage, extreme weather, (volcanic fallout?) ..

Why on earth aren't they immediately talking EMP (man or solar derived), computer virus intrusion (offline or no -appears no 100%guarantee), civil war...these licences are long term...

LOTS of stuttering by the boss when challenged over data availability and detail in relation to advice and calculations passed on to hihger authorities in the early stages, and about the level of detail available - perhaps those aerial sniffers and satellites didn't do quite as well as we have assumed?
edit on 28-4-2011 by curioustype because: corrected typos

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by curioustype

Good points and out of the box that they seem to be stuck in.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Communicater

ah sorry Communicater, wish i could help you out, but alas i'm ignorant...

this one jumped out at me though :O

aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

interesting article...
(my caps to emphasize, sorry again mods)

"Rebuilding Japan—or ruining it... A precarious future for the country, but its politicians are self-absorbed"

IMMEDIATELY after the earthquake and tsunami on March 11th that crippled reactors at the Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear power plant, all but one of the devices to measure radioactive matter in the area were knocked out. SO THE AUTHORITIES IN TOKYO SENT UP A VEHICLE STUFFED WITH GAUGES TO ASSESS HOW DANGEROUS THE LEAKAGE WAS. Bewilderingly, says Goshi Hosono, a politician recently appointed to oversee Tokyo Electric Power (TEPCO, the utility that runs the plant), the vehicle got stuck in traffic. It then ran out of petrol at a time when the tsunami had led to a nationwide shortage of fuel. BECAUSE OF THIS, THE GOVERNMENT ABANDONED THE MISSION.

Such stories may leave people aghast over how haphazard has been the response to Japan’s nuclear mess. After all, AT THE TIME even journalists driving close to Fukushima WERE ABLE TO GET PETROL on the main highways.

article goes onto political machinations...

Meanwhile, the opposition Liberal Democratic Party, which ruled for much of the half-century to 2009 and thus bears a large share of the responsibility for lax safety standards in the nuclear-power industry, is also seeking Mr Kan’s early resignation. It may pursue a censure motion in parliament with other opposition parties.

All this, even though the public shows no enthusiasm for yet another revolving-door prime minister. To all but the political classes engaged in plotting, a leadership struggle for its own sake at a time when the focus should be on dealing with nuclear and humanitarian concerns seems crazy. None of the main parties has offered a compelling alternative for how to recover from the disaster. This includes the DPJ. Far from using the crisis as an opportunity to push for reform, the party’s secretary-general, Katsuya Okada, says things should “settle down” before the party proposes rebuilding initiatives, new energy policies and a rise in the consumption tax to pay for reconstruction.

seeing the error of their ways?...

All is not hopeless, however. On April 26th Makoto Iokibe and Jun Iio, the two (non-government) leaders of Mr Kan’s new Reconstruction Design Council, laid out their early thoughts on how to rebuild Tohoku, the shattered north-eastern region of Japan’s main island where almost 26,000 have died or remain missing, presumed drowned. Though they believe it will take at least a decade to recover, their vision, especially compared with the lack of it in politics, is daring. They want to let locals play the main role in reshaping their blighted communities; rebuild in ways that suit elderly residents; use ideas from business and abroad; and limit the influence of the government in Tokyo, which they believe dangerously overcentralises decision-making. Japan’s usual way of doing things, Mr Iio insisted, was not up to meeting challenges on this scale.

seems like kan's days may be numbered... this excellent point was raised, however...

It might help if ordinary citizens spoke out strongly for change. But apart from sporadic protests against TEPCO in the past week, they have yet to make their voices heard above the petty politicians.

link - www.economist.com...

jefferson's quote springs to mind... the spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that i wish it to be always kept alive

edit on 28-4-2011 by pattonisit because: just stop it, mike

edit on 28-4-2011 by pattonisit because: aaaaaaaa

[bold]testing testing 1...2...3 ...can i do it?[/bold]
edit on 28-4-2011 by pattonisit because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-4-2011 by pattonisit because: no i can't lol

edit on 28-4-2011 by pattonisit because: (no reason given)

testing testing 42... 23... 69
edit on 28-4-2011 by pattonisit because: am i bold-competent yet?

edit on 28-4-2011 by pattonisit because: aha

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Yard-work time delay in effect, but I think I'm only a page or two behind, so I should catch up quickl unless something dramatic happens.

Good afternoon, team!

Glad to hear you made it through the night Des. Having gone through hurricanes Alicia and Ike dead center, i know firsthand how harrowing inclement weather can be.

Well, I've been a bit concerned with happenings close to home (Thread here) so I haven't been 100% in his arena lately. I really appreciate the updates and continued analysis here in this (still VERY relevant and accurate) thread.

Here's a bit I just found:

Desperate times call for creative measures and, according to one local man, he has just that.

Meet David Baskett, a businessman from Santa Maria who made headlines last year with a vivid demonstration of an amphibious firefighting tanker aircraft at the Santa Maria Airport.

Ok, a while back one of the talking head over there indicated that they were seeking ideas even in the press, so I suppose it's no surprise that people is disaster mitigation would have some suggestions.

Except that I think there's in teensy weensy little problem; an understanding of nuclear processes, or a lack thereof.

The Polyfoam itself was used at the disaster in Chernobyl and to extinguish oil fires in Kuwait after the first Gulf War.

It works by creating a foamy layer over the fire or nuclear fuel and cutting off oxygen supplies from the atmosphere. Without oxygen to burn, the fire or in this case nuclear reaction begins to slow down and cool.

I may be wrong, and I'll take the dunce cap in the corner if I am, but i have always been under the impression that fission doesn't need oxygen, only proximity to energetic neutrons that start cascadig off of one another if present in sufficient quantity.

It's not like thermal oxidation as in a fire wherein fuel and oxygen mix in a combustive reaction we view as a flame, right?

A few more assumptive errors here that I think are conclusively proved wrong within the pages of this thread:

The Fukushima Dai-ichi plant went into automatic shutdown following the shaking. This was standard procedure and the reactors were kept cool by emergency generators, but when the tsunami reached land some 30 minutes later, the reactors were swamped with seawater and stopped pumping the essential coolant.

The interview posed early on wih the Canadian contract worker who barely got out has some pretty strong evidence that cooling was an issue prior to the arrival of the tsunami; the later problems being exaercbated by early issues.

I think it was The Redneck who suggested that either the rods or the tubes they slide through may have been warped by the quake, preventing a SCRAM.

There were also a good number of documents found and linked that showed problems even before the shaking stopped.

There is, in addition, a plethora of evidence that the pouring on of the seawater worsened the overall scope of the disaster. With cores undergoing uncontrolled criticality, a pandora's box of isotopes were being formed in the hellish environment nearest the reactions. This could not have helped matters at all.

Here's a phrase that needs to be altered:

What followed was, and continues to be, one of the worst nuclear energy disasters ever.

remove the underlined words/letter.

Source for above quotes

Ok, back to catching up...

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DancedWithWolves
reply to post by Dragonfly79

No. It's back up today. No click required. The real fail is that they are not reporting the more harmful particles being detected in the U.S. like plutonium.

Ok, I mistook other readings on this page: www.epa.gov... for the link posted. From what I understand so far only the military has equipment for measuring plutonium which were used during nuclear weapons testing but that information is rarely disclosed.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DancedWithWolves
Well this answers where they are going to come up with more workers. 70,000 reclaimed workers now can go back to their regularly scheduled work in the nuclear industry AFTER they are co-opted and sent to Fukushima Daiichi. With no effect on their radiation maximums...because there won't be any. They found their army Zorgon.

Under Japanese law, nuclear workers cannot be exposed to more than 50 millisieverts in one year and more than 100 millisieverts over five years.

The ministry, however, is expected to maintain the 100-millisievert rule, as there is medical evidence that exposure to radiation exceeding 100 millisieverts could increase the risk of developing leukemia and cancer, according to the sources.

This just gets stupider by the day.... on the one hand they say they will scrap it, then they say they will keep the 110 mSv annual rule... yet they already raised that to 250 mSv weeks ago.

edit on 28-4-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by rbrtj

Incidentally, I would personally assume that so great a wake-up call is the Fukushima incident globally, that it really should be like taking the industry's thinking on risk and hazard assessment and regulation from 2D to 3D thinking, it really should be shaking up EVERY nuclear operator around the world, and there are some signs that some nations appear to get that, look at Germany, Italy...

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrbillshow
reply to post by SFA437

"The orange flash is on the southwest corner."

Really?

FWIW I didn't reject your theory I just found it unconvincing. You made a lot of assumptions that can't be established by the evidence in front of us, particularly regarding the video footage and reactor/containment lid. You ask me for absolute evidence supporting my opinions but fail to do the same with many of your own.

BTW - Why do most of my comments get excised as off topic or too personal yet every single one aimed at me and dozens of other off topic posts remain? Is this thread becoming it's own little gulag?

edit on 28-4-2011 by mrbillshow because: (no reason given)

I have analyzed the overhead hi-res photos showing force vectors and it's impact on surroundings as well as debris fields that support my assessment of those force vectors

I have pointed out, with high probability, the exit hole made by the containment lid to include girders bent outwards from the roof.

Silverlok pointed out, with high probability, the resting place of the containment lid.

I have pointed out a thermal signature of an intact SFR pool.

I have pointed out a thermal signature suggesting the core is mostly missing with small hotspots underneath.

I have pointed out the differences in force vectors of an RPV failure vice a SFR fission explosion.

I have explained in detail why a SFR explosion would not toss pieces all over the countryside out to 2 miles and why an RPV failure under pressure would.

I think I was the first to point out that there were multiple explosive events at #3 rather than one hydrogen explosion- way before Mr. Gunderson.

I have pointed out the large area of melted concrete and steel over where the SFR pool should be which has further degraded over the past month and why this would not happen if the SFR blew up and ejected the contents.

I pointed out that the orange fireball was rapidly sucked back into the building by a tertiary directional/linear explosion vice the continuing expansion that would happen if it was the primary or secondary (assuming only 2 events).

I will now point out that using the tower near reactor 3 in the photo you posted earlier actually shows a centralized, high velocity, directed/linear exit of ejecta vice one from the south wall which actually adds even more evidence to my analysis being correct.

Which part of all of this is unconvincing?

If nothing else I am offering contrary evidence and analysis to what Mr. Gunderson said with the caveat that he is phenomenal with the nuclear side however his opinion of the explosive event at #3 is lacking as it is outside of his area of expertise. All you seem to be doing is parroting the same question over and over and over and pointing to a video without explaining why that version makes more sense to you than mine does.

As for the second part of your post I have no clue as I am neither a moderator nor administrator here. It would be best to address them on this issue rather than me.
edit on 28-4-2011 by SFA437 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-4-2011 by SFA437 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Does everyone remember the 4 pictures showing explosions at the plant? I was just looking at them again and wondering if they played a part in what took place?

What came to mind was "doppler effect" using multiple antennas to make a signal source directional.

Probably my communications background, but what if?

Could the 4th state of matter like plasma be redirected that way?

It would probably be invisible to the naked eye or a 3d camera lens.......

edit on 28-4-2011 by Communicater because: addition

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dragonfly79

Ok, I mistook other readings on this page: www.epa.gov... for the link posted. From what I understand so far only the military has equipment for measuring plutonium which were used during nuclear weapons testing but that information is rarely disclosed.

The EPA is tracking plutonium, strontium and cesium and results are buried on their site in the database neither being discussed or disclosed to the public. It was discovered in the last few days by researchers reviewing radiation data and has been posted on this thread in prior days by numerous members. It is a very disturbing development and demonstrates complicity in hiding nuclear contamination in the U.S. from Fukushima by our government agencies and thus putting the public at risk.

The EPA has been posting data of its air, milk, and rainwater radiation online through the socrata data system.

But they have hidden many results from the public including the detection Plutonium, Strontium and several Cesium isotopes all of which began falling along the entire US west coast since March 18th.

Check it out yourself using this....

You can get to the EPA data yourself, though it is rather confusing.

1. Start here: Final step of the advanced custom EPA Radnet data search here.
2. Then simply enter 3/11/2011 as the start date and today’s date as the end date.
3. Scroll down click the radionuclides to include in the results, for example plutonium.
4. Finally click search database to view the results or download to CSV to save the results on your PC.

source

ATS thread on this issue alone

Here are some of the results extrapolated from the EPA database using the above technique to "ferret" them out:

I know this is a repeat for ATS members who have been following the nuclear emergency thread, but I hope that we can eventually make enough people aware and have enough people questioning the EPA that we might have disclosure of any and all relevant data to public health from the Fukushima emergency being communicated to citizens.

Thanks all for listening - again - to a recap.
edit on 28-4-2011 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Okay seems we have some new issues to look at...

#1 On tornadoes... the big ones usually stick to the open plains where they can get of enough power, but now they are appearing in places that is mystifying the experts

#2 Weird sequences of earth quakes like at Hawthorne NV They quakes showed up on UNKNOWN faults. I am seeing threads all over ATS on weird quake patterns, odd weather phenomena

#3 Study re Fukushima... and fauly movement...

Reassessment on nuclear power plants'quake-safety

Japan's Nuclear Safety Commission has asked the government to reassess the quake-resistance of the country's nuclear power plants.

At an extraordinary meeting on Thursday, the commission said that the string of aftershocks since the March 11th quake was caused by large tectonic shifts.

The commission said that a fault line about 50 kilometers from the troubled Fukushima plant previously believed to be inactive moved during an April 11th aftershock.

The commission decided to ask the industry ministry's Nuclear Safety Agency to reexamine the fault lines and geographical changes where plant operators have so far said the risk of earthquake damage was low.

The commission also wants the government to check for faults near nuclear power plants if aftershocks occur with unusual frequency.

The Nuclear Safety Agency is to follow up by instructing power companies across the country to reassess quake-resistance.

The assessment will likely take several years. Attention is focused on whether local municipalities will allow power companies to operate the plants while the reassessment is underway.

The assessment will also likely affect the start of operations at new nuclear power plants and the construction of new ones.

Thursday, April 28, 2011 19:05 +0900 (JST)

www3.nhk.or.jp...

So we have quakes on faults thought inactive

Continued....

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
#4 Japan sinking? We have heard that since Edgar Cayce told us his prediction... well it seems parts of it ARE indeed sinking

Since the March 11 Quake, the land has been subsiding

Gov warns of risk from quake-caused subsidence

In the image below the one on the left is Mar 11th and the one on the right is current. The blue areas are now below sea level

Japan's land ministry has found that areas of land below-sea-level in the Sendai plain, Miyagi Prefecture, have increased 5-fold after the March 11th earthquake.

It warns that these areas are highly vulnerable to flooding from high tides and typhoons.

The ministry on Thursday released the findings of its aerial probe using an ultra-sensitive, laser-equipped camera to check subsidence across the Sendai plain.

The areas below sea level, shown in blue on the released map, spanned 16 square kilometers.

Before the quake, the plain had only 3 square kilometers of such low-lying areas.

The map also shows, in green, areas lying at full-tide levels. The amount of such areas has increased to 56 square kilometers from the pre-disaster total of 32 square kilometers.

Colored yellow are areas lying below the highest-ever tide level recorded in 1980. These areas have grown to 111 square kilometers from the pre-quake total of 83 square kilometers.

Many river banks and seawalls were damaged by the disaster. The ministry is calling on residents in these areas to be on the alert, and is sandbagging the broken banks.

Thursday, April 28, 2011 17:54 +0900 (JST)

www3.nhk.or.jp...

Here are some of the areas on Google Earth

edit on 28-4-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I wonder if one of our photo experts has the ability to zoom in from above using maybe a borrowed satellite airborne platform to see if they can spot a lens prism attached near the tower tops?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrbillshow

Don't know what your babbling about.. because both mine and Destinyone's rebuttals to your continued derailment and insults to members were also removed as 'Off Topic'

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

How about trying to place nice for a change and keep to the subject, NOT your opinions about the qualifications of members

new topics

top topics

<< 804  805  806    808  809  810 >>

join