It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 806.htm
<< 803  804  805    807  808  809 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso
It looks very much like the map I posted here.

And that is only using the current readings... not including any further release or accumulation..

edit on 28-4-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moshpet
they just are not allowed to use them due to it freaking out the natives.

Of what use is making a weapon that you can't use? I thought the whole point of was was to 'freak out the natives'

Nuke blasts have been faked in movies for damned ever.

Those were faked?

I also doubt you could convince the MB crew to test the myth that radio-active materials are good for you.

Oh DRATS I was going to write them and ask just that, considering how safe everyone tells us it is... Spoil Sport

edit on 28-4-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by DancedWithWolves

If you guys get a chance. The suggestion was correct so far. Start reading at page 77 and keep going. What a cluster that was. Diplomatic toe stepping...zero data...lots of stammering. Essentially the evauation zone extension was a guess with no diplomatic protocols considered. No data. A few are you kidding? moments. Very worth the read and I've only just started. Also some suggestion that Japan didn't do the right thing. Not sure where that is heading... Changes coming for sure. Expect lots of red tape after this.

I found it really interesting as a historic document and the conversation, you can sense emotions running high at times...

Zorgon, if you haven't read the official transcript of that April 7th NRC meeting I just posted, you may find it interesting what they discuss about plume analysis, decision making and policies, and what happened around 15th-17th March re NORAC analysis and quite how much info these guys are apparently still not privvy to - which as far as I can see ties in exactly with the dates on your last plume graphic? There are some very interesting comments, and holes...

I'm afraid I don't have any more time to analyse that right now, or follow up any leads from it, feel free to deal...
edit on 28-4-2011 by curioustype because: Added accreditation to quote

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

The nuke simulator, looked too real, not so much a weapon but a training aid.

If you saw it on a monitoring sat, it'd freak the other nations that watch for those thing.

M.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Here is the counter to the earlier vids that said the fuel pool in #3 was a nuke blast.

Look at the thermal image, above.

The reactor is cold, compared to the fuel pool.

Which is to say the fuel rods in it melted down and into the bedrock or a good chunk of the fuel rods went sky-freaking-high. The left overs melting their merry way down into the bedrock unimpeded. (I'm not a nuke person, so I'll leave that to -those- professionals to sort out.. but I'll make my best guess in any case
).

Where as the pool were the fuel was, is still there and HOT. (Poolium anyone?)

OK, are you following me thus far?

If the cooling pool went as critical and exploded as the videos postulated, the thermal source would not be there it would be vaporized. Since the heat source is still there, aka the melting fuel rods. It was not the cause of the explosion(s). I'm not going to say a criticality event could not been a part of it, but in that pool, the heat source is still there, which negates the bulk if not all of nuclear criticality event being the cause for the destruction of the number 3 reactor.

Where as the heat source from the reactor, is either blown freaking sky high, or has utterly melted deep into the bed rock. The heat plume there at the previous location of the reactor core, is likely the thermal vent it created on the melt through into the bedrock. (My best guess is that it is a mixture of the two, much like a lava tube in reverse.)

The Mr/Doctor/Professor G. should stick to the nuclear side of the coin. Because he'd screw up a demolition job.

Tomato/to-mah-tos aside, Mr/Doctor/Professor G. is not trained in blowing stuff up, and should leave such considerations to people who do it and have done it.

M.

edit on 28-4-2011 by Moshpet because: Life, the universe and everything. 42.

edit on 28-4-2011 by Moshpet because: Thanks for the fish.

edit on 28-4-2011 by Moshpet because: I miss Douglass Adams.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Warning - Google's translation quote - interpret as see fit.

National Police Agency Ministry of Internal Affairs - Cabinet Office METI;

And uncertain information about earthquakes and nuclear plant accidents, public anxiety prank The false rumors to incite, word of mouth and e-mail, write to the bulletin boards, etc. I Ri has been circulated, since it is conducive to confusion in the affected areas and provide reasonable So as not to be misled by such false rumors, in cooperation with related ministries, widespread attention

Measures to stimulate. In particular, false rumors on the Internet, in cooperation with related ministries, which On the understanding of these realities, and to alert users to the Internet Both site administrators and to a voluntary information contrary to public order and law Including the deletion, requested to take appropriate action, provided accurate information to the user The endeavor. In addition, national and local governments, and reliable information through all media Try to send. The countries hit civilian use social media to local governments To the remedies in such certification, to ensure a reliable source of information, To suppress false rumors on the Internet.

Based on the measures, the Ministry of Internal Affairs, the Telecommunications Carriers Association, Telecom Services Association of Japan, the Japan Cable Television Association and the Japan Internet Providers Association, on false rumors on the Internet pertaining to East earthquake , to respond appropriately while considering that freedom of expression and telecommunications carriers belonging to each group, requested that the necessary measures and well known.

Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications Japanese
Letter Japanese

Off topic - I hope those of you caught up in the tornadoes are ok!
edit on 28-4-2011 by Moonbeams771 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

UPDATE 3-Storms knock out TVA nuclear units, power lines

* Nuclear reactors shut after losing outside power (Updates power status at nuclear plant)

HOUSTON, April 27 (Reuters) - Severe storms and tornadoes moving through the U.S. Southeast dealt a severe blow to the Tennessee Valley Authority on Wednesday, causing three nuclear reactors in Alabama to shut and knocking out 11 high-voltage power lines, the utility and regulators said.

Governors in Alabama, Arkansas and Tennessee each declared a state of emergency as more than 20 deaths were blamed on a recurring round of severe storms this week moving eastward across the southern United States. [ID:nN27120833]

All three units at TVA's 3,274-megawatt Browns Ferry nuclear plant in Alabama tripped about 5:30 EDT (2230 GMT) after losing outside power to the plant, a spokesman for the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission said.

A TVA spokeswoman said the station's backup power systems, including diesel generators, started and operated as designed. External power was restored quickly to the plant but diesel generators remained running Wednesday evening, she said.

The Browns Ferry units are among 23 U.S. reactors that are similar in design to the crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant in Japan where backup generators were swept away in the tsunami that followed the massive earthquake on March 11.

source

Are nuclear power plants more of a disaster magnet than mobile home parks?
Death toll now stands at 172 from these storms last night according to morning news anchors. No source yet for that.

Link to weatcher channel video of Tuscaloosa tornado footage.

Des...hope to hear from you soon. Not sure what area you are in, but worrying about you.
edit on 28-4-2011 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Well this answers where they are going to come up with more workers. 70,000 reclaimed workers now can go back to their regularly scheduled work in the nuclear industry AFTER they are co-opted and sent to Fukushima Daiichi. With no effect on their radiation maximums...because there won't be any. They found their army Zorgon.

Japan to scrap workers' annual radiation dose limit at normal times

TOKYO (Kyodo) -- The health ministry plans to scrap the annual radiation dose limit for nuclear power plant workers at normal times for the meantime to secure enough workers for maintenance and checkups of nuclear power plants other than the crisis-hit Fukushima power station, sources close to the matter said Wednesday.

Under Japanese law, nuclear workers cannot be exposed to more than 50 millisieverts in one year and more than 100 millisieverts over five years.

The ministry, however, is expected to maintain the 100-millisievert rule, as there is medical evidence that exposure to radiation exceeding 100 millisieverts could increase the risk of developing leukemia and cancer, according to the sources.

The move comes as many nuclear workers are being sent to deal with the emergency situation at the radiation-leaking Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant, although there are only 70,000 people nationwide who can engage in work at such plants.

As workers would not be able to work at other plants once they exceed their radiation dose limit by dealing with the Fukushima crisis, the industry ministry has been calling on the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare to ease the limit to prevent a possible shortage of such workers.

To cope with the Fukushima crisis, the health ministry raised the legal limit on the amount of radiation to which each worker could be exposed in an emergency situation to 250 millisieverts from 100 millisieverts on March 15. But the limit for nuclear workers at normal times was not changed.

Source

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
What a night. Anyone who thinks Mama Nature can be "dealt" with....well, a lot of those folks had a rude wake-up call.

All clear here, but, not for many who live near here
Thank You for kind wishes Friends.

Back to business.

M 5.8, near the east coast of Honshu, Japan

Thursday, April 28, 2011 09:27:48 UTC
Thursday, April 28, 2011 06:27:48 PM at epicenter

Depth: 48.90 km (30.39 mi)

Posted on 28 April 2011 | 9:27 am

newsblogged.com...

Des

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Isn't this were TheRedneck works?

UPDATE 3-Storms knock out TVA nuclear units, power lines

...All three units at TVA's 3,274-megawatt Browns Ferry nuclear plant in Alabama tripped about 5:30 EDT (2230 GMT) after losing outside power to the plant, a spokesman for the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission said.

edit on 4/28/2011 by Finalized because: formatting

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

So glad you and your collective brain cells are safe. Bad things going on with the weather. I hope this isn't a sign of what is to come in Japan during their stormy season on the nearing horizon. Climate change is looking like a heavy hitter...the experts are getting more worked up too. Not good. Not good at all.

The good news is you are well.

Will check in later with all our collective brain cells.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Off topic:

thank goodness you are safe, I saw on the news over here the awful storms that hit you last night....awful, just awful... you have so little warning ...

I know you are not out of the woods yet, please stay safe.

I am sure I speak for all ATS members in passing on our thoughts to everyone caught up in the tornado's destruction....

peace

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

Off Topic..weather related.

It's strange where I live. Here, on top of the mountain, tornadoes usually don't form. They get diverted around the mountain, due to being blocked by the very nature of the mountains. Last night around 11:30-ish my time, was listening to battery weather radio, one touched down less than 5 miles from here on the Appalachian Trail

Just 15 miles away, many tornadoes reported on the ground....a lot of destruction. I've been blessed.

Weather Folk, with years of experience in Georgia, say they have never seen a weather pattern like this here.

Yes, I agree, weather is acting up everywhere these days. I have a not good feeling for Japan with the approach of typhoon season.

Thanks again for kind thoughts...positive energy, always registers..with the Universe. And, Thank you, Cabinda.

Des.

edit on 03/28/2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Appears its starting now.

Video Live

Originally posted by makeitso

Thursday, April 28, 2011

9:30 a.m. Briefing on the Status of NRC Response to Events in Japan

This meeting will be webcast live at the Web address--

w ww.nrc.gov

cryptome.org/0003/nrc041911.pdf

Previous Briefing on NRC Response to Recent Nuclear Events in Japan 03/21/11 1hr 29min

edit on 4/27/11 by makeitso because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/28/11 by makeitso because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SFA437

"Now where is that secret overhead video you have that allows you to pinpoint exactly where the tertiary explosion exited the building in relation to the 4 corners IAW your earlier post asserting you knew exactly where the exit was?"

Here are 4 photos of the exposion. Using the crane/tower as a reference point, which is located directly southwest of the soutwest corner of #3, the fireball is visably emanating from the southest corner of the building and the smoke plume is directed upwards just to the right of the crane. From these photos it is clear the fireball and vertical explosion are coming from the southern third of #3.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrbillshow
reply to post by SFA437

"Now where is that secret overhead video you have that allows you to pinpoint exactly where the tertiary explosion exited the building in relation to the 4 corners IAW your earlier post asserting you knew exactly where the exit was?"

Here are 4 photos of the exposion. Using the crane/tower as a reference point, which is located directly southwest of the soutwest corner of #3, the fireball is visably emanating from the southest corner of the building and the smoke plume is directed upwards just to the right of the crane. From these photos it is clear the fireball and vertical explosion are coming from the southern third of #3.

Once again (I am REALLY tired of this reading comprehension issue)....

The orange flash is on the southwest corner. This is indicative of incomplete combustion.

How the **** are you able to discern an exact exit point in relation to the structure's roof for the tertiary explosion from a ground level photograph (I've already debunked your analysis of the overheads several times over) when the damn cloud is bigger than, and in fact obscures, the whole building? Please, for the love of all that is Holy enlighten me as you have apparently found a technique that is a quantum leap ahead of current imagery analysis and you can make a fortune licensing this method or even run the DIA/NSA imagery analysis divisions.

The only thing that is clear from those photos is your inability to sequentially analyze explosive events correctly.

You have also failed to explain how a fission explosion can return every last bit of ejecta to the exact same spot it originated from (as seen in the overhead thermal images of #3).

edit on 28-4-2011 by SFA437 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-4-2011 by SFA437 because: All edits for additional info and spelling issues

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Relative to topic: I was pleased to see that the radiation levels here in North America appear to be down from the Nijohonjin radiation, and also happy members of the site are alright from the weather effects here in the southeast quadrant which could possibly be of some relativity to earth mother (there may be a thread on that already). Perhaps we can all take that as a positive sign of some kind.

Love, Peace, Harmony, Light

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dragonfly79

In other news

Entire RadNet system still down. FAIL

So... coincidence?

So yesterday I responded because I didn't see any readings, the real fail is actually not clicking the Air Filter & Cartridge analysis within the Socrates frame, then the readings appear.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reposting this quote, in case anyone missed it... i still cannot fathom it's meaning...

From an international standpoint as well, "we need to find out right away whether this accident (stemmed from) problems at Fukushima alone," Kondo said

e.nikkei.com...

today's webcam pics (28march) showing lots of smoke/steam... & a mystery light in the sky...??

www.gyldengrisgaard.dk...

glad you're safe & well, des

RIP those who died

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Very glad your safe and the critters are to

new topics

top topics

<< 803  804  805    807  808  809 >>

join