It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 805.htm
<< 802  803  804    806  807  808 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
For our blow up experts...

Unit 1 and 3. Also see comments.

Unit 3

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I think Arnie Gunderson is wrong re: reactor 3 explosion.

The fuel pool at 50x50x50' would make a wider dispersion than what is shown - it's a cube, not a gun barrel. It is not focused enough to create such a directed blast. That blast is similar to an upwards facing, shaped projectile blast, rapidly tall column compared to normal explosive devices. Or a gun or longer tube of some type. And how is pressure going to build up in any spectacular way in an open pool cube, or a sudden criticality to be triggered? It's not a nuclear bomb.

I said this regarding a near EFP/highly directed blast back early march. I believe it is reactor 3 melting down and corium breaching RPV, hitting pooled water leaking from broken pipes collecting in the bottom of the primary reactor containment vessel. This would then cause immense steam/hydrogen pressure, venting back up through the breached RPV, blowing the lid, explaining pieces of fuel rod spread up to 2km away. The video posted much earlier showing what happens when you pour molten metal into a wet mold is pretty telling. www.youtube.com...

Would anyone like plutonium sprinkles with their poolium?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

Anyone else seen this - pages 77+ seemed quite interesting?

Transcript of 582nd ACRS meeting regarding Fukushima...source Googledocs and www.nealgross.com
edit on 27-4-2011 by curioustype because: attempt to strengthen source accreditation detail done.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by curioustype

Great job. Been waiting for that! Thanks. Going to read.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by SFA437
reply to post by Destinyone

IIRC the poolium falls were on the other side of the building where those large diameter pipes run down the side.

The side with the sprayer is opposite that melt.

Thanks SFA...I'm still watching it over and over...something feels funny, can't put my finger on it.
It;s in the last 30 seconds...
Des
edit on 03/28/2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

No pump truck at #4 in the overhead shown at 0:41 so it seems to be a very old photo. There's also a lack of fire trucks on scene as well.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

DWW- here's a tactical nuclear detonation:

Here's an ever smaller one- took me a while to find it (forgot the designator for the idiotic device :lol

From observing the film you see the characteristic white light that typically burns your optic nerves until they look like well cooked bacon as well as the towering fireball as the ground itself is essentially set on fire.

Neither happened at #3.
edit on 27-4-2011 by SFA437 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-4-2011 by SFA437 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Tornado 10 mins away...logging off...taking animals to basement...later.

De

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Stay safe.

Nite all.

reply to post by curioustype

If you guys get a chance. The suggestion was correct so far. Start reading at page 77 and keep going. What a cluster that was. Diplomatic toe stepping...zero data...lots of stammering. Essentially the evauation zone extension was a guess with no diplomatic protocols considered. No data. A few are you kidding? moments. Very worth the read and I've only just started. Also some suggestion that Japan didn't do the right thing. Not sure where that is heading... Changes coming for sure. Expect lots of red tape after this.

Des, sending you tornado repellent. Please check back in with an all clear. Take care.

edit on 27-4-2011 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Thursday, April 28, 2011

9:30 a.m. Briefing on the Status of NRC Response to Events in Japan

This meeting will be webcast live at the Web address--

w ww.nrc.gov

cryptome.org/0003/nrc041911.pdf

Previous Briefing on NRC Response to Recent Nuclear Events in Japan 03/21/11 1hr 29min

edit on 4/27/11 by makeitso because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by rbrtj
I believe that is the plume map from the explosion.

No...

積算線量推定マップ
Cumulative dose estimation Map

平成23 年4 月21 日24:00 までの実測値を使用
April 21, 2011 24:00 to the measured values

The red line is the 20 mSv/hr line

And lots of spot areas way outside the zone showing 10 mSv/hr

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Peoples of the thread , remember Arnies successes at four ( in descriptive power and effect) and consider what Tepco/the international nuke industry has to try to explain away , and more importantly ...why..then look at the readings across the northern hemisphere, and ask : why hide this data?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

inderectly yes, the plume is what made those deposits that are being read.
You said what I meant.

After reading thge last report, We know as much if not alot more than our own reglatory people.
Going to laydown back is killing me.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by rbrtj
inderectly yes, the plume is what made those deposits that are being read.

Nope they haven't released the soil study yet...
According to NHK the map in question has the wrong date
Apparently it shows the level you will be exposed to if you spend 8 hrs a day outside between now and Mar 11 2012

Gotta love the double talk
:shk:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Here we go again... seems people were concerned about earlier reports where TEPCO estimated 70% of the fuel rods in #1 had been damaged..

So they revised their estimate

TEPCO revises nuclear fuel damage ratios

The operator of the troubled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant in northeastern Japan has reassessed its estimates of fuel damage in reactors No.1 to No.3.

Tokyo Electric Power Company on Wednesday announced new estimates of damage after the country's nuclear safety agency questioned the accuracy of the initial assessments. The utility has revised the estimated fuel damage in the No.1 reactor from 70 percent to 55 percent, saying radiation levels were not correct.

TEPCO also says that it acted inappropriately in excluding fuel damage of less than 5 percent in calculating total damage ratios for the No.2 and No.3 reactors.

As a result, the utility revised upward its estimates of damaged fuel in the No.2 and No.3 reactors by 5 percentage points each to 35 percent and 30 percent respectively.

The company released its initial estimates as of March 15th, based on radiation levels in the reactors and their containment vessels.

Earlier this month, the Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency raised the crisis level at the Fukushima plant to the highest 7 on the international scale, based on its estimate of the volume of released radioactive substances.

TEPCO says the corrected estimates will not affect the agency's crisis rating.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 18:36 +0900 (JST)

www3.nhk.or.jp...

I just love the way they always have these big books they are search for answers in at these press releases... but I never saw these three before...

But it seems they knew the fuel rods were damaged as early as March 15th
edit on 27-4-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I just love the way they always have these big books they are search for answers in at these press releases... but I never saw these three before...

They have so many lies to remember that they have to write them down??
That's scary....

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
For the conspiracy theorists and the "follow the money" crowd. Food for thought. The following is from an analysis by Stratfor.

The crises boosting Russia's coffers

Two unrelated global crises are benefiting one regional power: Russia. The rise in energy prices due to the Middle East unrest is obviously benefiting Russia as an oil exporter. Furthermore, as a primary natural gas exporter to Europe, Russia stands to benefit from the souring of nuclear power in Germany and Italy due to the Fukushima nuclear power plant accident in Japan.

The unrest in the Middle East is a very straightforward story for Russia. It has increased energy prices about 20 per cent, and because of the way that Moscow taxes oil profits, most of this increase in prices going straight into the government coffers. On March 18, the Russian government currency reserves have climbed over $500 billion for first time in two and half years.

The other global crisis that is benefiting Russia is the aftermath of the Japanese earthquake, in particular the Fukushima nuclear power plant accident. Aside from again increasing Russian revenue stream by allowing it to export more natural gas to Japan, the real benefit to Moscow of the accident is the fact that Europeans are rethinking their nuclear renaissance.

2011 was shaping up to be a very important year for nuclear power in Europe. First, a centre-right government in Germany was supportive of continuing to use nuclear power as part of the German electricity component. Second, there was going to be a very key vote in Italy – a referendum on whether the country should reconsider its nuclear power plant. And finally, we had announcements in Poland, Sweden and also the United Kingdom – where nuclear power would become part of the component of switching from fossil fuels.

Peak Energy

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DancedWithWolves
For our blow up experts...

Unit 1 and 3. Also see comments.

Unit 3

I know that I could produce similar effects using conventional explosions and be non-nuclear.

In fact the Army -has- nuclear blast simulators that mimic the entire blast sequence, they just are not allowed to use them due to it freaking out the natives. That and the EPA gits get pissy about the cloud and smoke
. Of which takes a cool training tool out of the hands of people who might need it some day. Not to mention the paper work involved in being able to use it, takes a heck of a lot of work.

Nuke blasts have been faked in movies for damned ever.

Heck Mythbusters come close to mimicking such blasts on a regular basis.

But I don't think the EPA, NRC and other agencies would let Adam, Jaimie and the crew demonstrate with radioactive materials.

I also doubt you could convince the MB crew to test the myth that radio-active materials are good for you.

:_)

No one is willing to give me materials to make a reactor explosion simulator for some reason either.

*sigh*

M.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Look at that. Damn.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DancedWithWolves
Caution: This document is for OFFICIAL USE ONLY. So hey...I brought it here to all our official people on ATS. It is dated March 26 and times have changed, as we know, but it may help to know what they think they knew when they didn't know. You know?

Sneak peak:

Follow the link you official people if interested.

Official people link

Very interesting, especially the portion where the sources of information conflict.

ASSUMPTIONS: (based on input from multiple data source: JAIF, NISA, TEPCO, & GEH)
Core Status: Core is contained in reactor vessel, reactor water level is unknown.
Core Cooling: Freshwater injection via fire line initiated 1802 JDT 3/25/11 (NISA), bottom head
temperature l1IC, feed water nozzle temperature Unreliable (JAIF, NISA 1800
JDT 3/25/11, TEPCO) Recirculation pump seals have likely failed.

Primary Containment
Damage suspected (NISA, TEPCO), "Not damaged" (JAIF 10:003/25)

Secondary Containment
Damaged (JAIF, NISA, TEPCO)

Spent Fuel Pool
Low water level (JAIF, NISA, TEPCO), spraying and pumping sea water into the
SFP via the Cooling and Purification Line (NISA)
Rad Levels: DW 5100 R/hr, torus 150 R/hr (Industry);
Outside plant: 26mR/hr at gate (variable) (Industry); 100 R/hr debris outside Rx
building (covered).
Other: External AC power has reached the unit, checking integrity of equipment before
energizing.

Another telling bit of information is this:

Fuel pool is heating up but is adequately cooled, and fuel may have been ejected from the pool (based on information from TEPCO of neutron sources found up to 1 mile from the units, and very high dose rate material that had to be bulldozed over between Units 3 and 4. It is also possible the material could have come from Unit 4). Unit 3 turbine building basement has flooded. Samples of water indicate some RCS fluid is present (TEPCO sample table - 3/25/11). Several possible sources (MSIV leakage, FW check valves, Rx building sump drains) were identified, however the likely source is the fire water spray onto the reactor building. Additional evaluation is needed.

Bolding and emphasis added by me.

M.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

It looks very much like the map I posted here.

From here

Calculation results for the diffusion of radioactive material near a nuclear power plant in Fukushima Prefecture (Press Release)
Radiation effects predicted rapid Emergency Network Systems (SPEEDI) for estimates of here Has been published.

Also similar to the Department of Energy map I posted here

edit on 4/27/11 by makeitso because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 802  803  804    806  807  808 >>

join