It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 803.htm
<< 800  801  802    804  805  806 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Yes, I'm sure Gundersen is waiting to get info from this thread before he posts his next video.

Hehehe...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrbillshow
I don't know,

your right, you don't

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

link   
From the Ministry of Science. I believe this is a projection through this year?

source

Anyone looked at the webcam lately? Looks a little steamy over Fukushima

Link to web cam
edit on 27-4-2011 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

link   
TEPCO to rid 200,000 tons of radioactive water

The operator of the crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant says it aims to begin disposing of highly radioactive water starting in June.

The contaminated water is hampering efforts to reactivate the cooling systems in the plant's reactors.

On Wednesday, Tokyo Electric Power Company announced it would set up the treatment system to eliminate radioactive materials.

The utility firm says 87,500 tons of contaminated water has accumulated in the No.1 to 4 reactors.

It estimates that up to 200,000 tons of highly contaminated water will be produced by the year end if all the water used to cool the reactors becomes highly radioactive.

The company says it plans to start installing the system in early May and begin operating in June.

It hopes to dispose of 1,200 tons of highly contaminated water per day once the system is in place.

Thursday, April 28, 2011 04:02 +0900 (JST)

www3.nhk.or.jp...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
TEPCO unveils plan to process contaminated water

Tokyo Electric Power Company has unveiled details of its plan to process radioactive wastewater at its damaged Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant.

The wastewater has been hampering efforts to restore the reactors' cooling systems.

Tokyo Electric announced on Wednesday it would start building early next month, together with US and French firms, a storage and processing facility for nearly 70,000 tons of highly radioactive water. The utility firm aims to begin operating the system in June of this year.

The contaminated water is believed to be pooled inside turbine buildings and utility tunnels at the plant's 1, 2 and 3 reactors.

Tokyo Electric had earlier said it aims to set up by July of this year a system to remove radioactive substances from the water and reuse it to cool the reactors.

Contaminated water will be put through an oil filter, and the density of radioactive material would be lowered using a mineral called zeolite.

Salt would then be removed from the water so that it could be used to cool the reactors again.

Radioactive waste from this process would be stored inside the nuclear complex, but the utility has yet to consider methods for its final disposal.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 19:02 +0900 (JST)

www3.nhk.or.jp...

AREVA unveils water processing facility

French nuclear energy company Areva has shown footage of a technology for decontaminating radioactive water, which will be used at the Fukushima power plant.

Areva says the footage was taken at its nuclear reprocessing plant in La Hague in northern France last Friday.

It shows the decontamination of huge quantities of radioactive water, produced in the reprocessing of spent nuclear fuel.

Radioactive substances in the water are settled out by chemical agents and the water is purified.

Workers are seen remotely operating the facility from a control room.

Tokyo Electric Power Company will set up the system at the crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant and hopes to begin operating it in June.

Areva will provide full technical support.

Thursday, April 28, 2011 07:52 +0900 (JST)

www3.nhk.or.jp...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
TEPCO starts test for more water injection

Tokyo Electric Power Company has begun testing one of the damaged reactors at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant to check its plan to submerge and cool the hot fuel rods.

The utility firm began pumping more water into Reactor Number 1 on Wednesday in order to monitor changes in the water depth in the containment vessel and check for leaks.

After increasing the amount of water from 6 to 10 tons per hour on Wednesday the firm says it has delayed further raising the amount injected due to data showing some instability in the state of the reactor.

The company initially planned to increase the amount to 14 tons per hour at around 4 PM, but is now keeping the injection at 10 tons per hour.
Tokyo Electric plans to examine the possibility of an increase in the water amount again at around 10 PM on Wednesday.

The utility originally planned to decrease the flow back to 6 tons per hour on Thursday morning, and then check for water leaks inside the reactor building by using a remote-controlled robot.

The test is part of a plan to fill the Number 1 and 3 reactors' containment vessels with water by July, to cool the fuel rods in a stable manner.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 20:02 +0900 (JST)

www3.nhk.or.jp...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
TEPCO: Water isnt leaking from No. 4 reactor pool

Tokyo Electric Power Company now says it is unlikely that water is leaking from the spent fuel rod pool of the Fukushima Daiichi power plant's No.4 reactor.

Water is being injected into the pool to replace coolant that is evaporating due to the high temperature of its 1,535 spent fuel rods.

Despite sporadically injecting 140 to 210 tons of water a day, the company says the water level in the storage pool is still 10 to 40 centimeters lower than estimated.

TEPCO initially believed that the pool could have suffered damage in an explosion soon after the March 11th quake and tsunami disaster.

But the company said on Wednesday that it now believes that the water has been evaporating at a rate in line with calculations by experts.

The storage pool is to be reinforced by July.

Thursday, April 28, 2011 04:02 +0900 (JST)

www3.nhk.or.jp...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Making sure you got your fill of these from last night too.

Blueprint for Unit 1

3D rendering of Units 2-5

All kinds of stuff

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mrbillshow

Once again we have reading comprehension issues or you are actually a reasonably well trained parrot.

I have explained the explosion numerous times over. If you're too lazy to read (which seems to be the case) why even bother posting? You simply say the same thing over and over despite being pointed to the answer to your questions.

Since I am about 50/50 right now as to your species (homo sapiens vice psittacine) I'll lay it out AGAIN.

There is a large round hole in one side of the building with girders bent outwards. Containment lid exit point.

There is a large area that is melted into slag on the other side. SFR location. Melt due to heat.

Large round hole in turbine building in location where the large round object blown out of the building was seen coming down that matches almost exactly the diameter of containment lid.

Simple enough for you or do you require single syllable words?

Now where is that secret overhead video you have that allows you to pinpoint exactly where the tertiary explosion exited the building in relation to the 4 corners IAW your earlier post asserting you knew exactly where the exit was?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Just digging around generally and found this NASA presents ideas on Nuclear Waste dilema

I don't know why but I thought some of you may be interested that in the midst of this, NASA are looking (April 2011) at ideas to review DOWN the safe storage requirements of USA spent fuel/waste from 10,000 years to 200-400 years - on the assumption that the world will have progressed to a point where they can handle it in that period - talk about passing the buck and pretty much flat out admission that nuclear power is presently beyond our ability to deal with at this point?

As Arnie Gundersen points out, assumptions and predictions erring on the side of confidence about human input have thus far been rather dissappointing in their contributions to the nuclear safety issue...

What if some disaster pushed BACK mans abilities in those 200 years...honestly, this is FROM NASA, they more than anyone must understand that mankind's technological progress can not be assumed to be a linear progression from 0AD to 2400AD - and yet that's how this pitch is framed. Just incredible.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

All kinds of stuff link...makes me wish we had stickies for links here. Great stuff TY

Des

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Caution: This document is for OFFICIAL USE ONLY. So hey...I brought it here to all our official people on ATS. It is dated March 26 and times have changed, as we know, but it may help to know what they think they knew when they didn't know. You know?

Sneak peak:

Follow the link you official people if interested.

Official people link

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mrbillshow

Your girlfriend's family is near Tokyo and you are here for the laughs?
I'm sure she is touched by your concern and that you are giving serious attention to the issues going on. How sad for her and her family.

ETA: Prove it or we will alert the mods to your hoax.That is against the T & C. I can't believe you are joking when you have loved ones with family in harms way. Proof.
edit on 27-4-2011 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrbillshow
My girlfriend is Japanese and since Sunday we have been urging her family members in and around Tokyo to bug out. They won't budge, don't believe what she tells them and think the government is telling them the complete truth and will take care of them.

In fact, I think they now believe Masai (GF) to be the kook of the family...

This was your story. Your pretense for posting. You have not brought it up since your first few posts. Looks like a hoax to me. Since you are sticking with Arnie I suggest you leave of your own accord now and go fill him with your lack of concern for people in Japan. Good day sir and farewell.

new topics

top topics

<< 800  801  802    804  805  806 >>

join