It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 80.htm
<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
CNN tv is stating workers are being evacuated from the plant as we speak.

Is there a video available from the recent #2 blast?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

"if there is a leak in the container how can you cover the rods with water, it doesn't make sense!?"

Reporter query to Chief Cabinet Secretary Yukio Edano just seconds ago live on NHK.
edit on 14-3-2011 by A T K because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
All news channels in one,

NHK World is the best imo.

www.livestation.com...
edit on 14-3-2011 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-3-2011 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by JackBauer

Yes workers are leaving. Many are refusing to work because of the high radiation. There was a near panic at the plant. Even with protective gear it is dangerous to be there.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
8,217 microsieverts detected at the plant main gate at 8:30 AM japan time. Three times the yearly dose.

-nhk tv
edit on 3/14/2011 by JackBauer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Keep in mind folks, that for anybody following this thread for the last several days, we actually expected a third explosion at the "Fukushima Daiichi" plant. There are six reactors at that site (contrary to what CNN keeps incorrectly stating). Of those six, three reactor's are in crisis-mode, all three with (apparently) similar issues, and with similar procedures being applied to each.
  • Hydrogen gas was released from Reactor #1 on Saturday, causing an explosion - outside the reactor vessel itself.
  • Hydrogen gas was released from Reactor #3 on Sunday, causing an explosion - outside the reactor vessel itself.
  • Hydrogen gas was released from Reactor #2 on Today (Monday), causing (surprise?) an explosion - outside the reactor vessel itself.

The on-going issues really are:
  • How bad is the "melt-down" in each reactor? (not necessarily the same amount of damage at each one).
  • Have any of the reactor's had a breach in "containment"? (a lot of information suggesting this is the case)
  • If so, how bad of a breach are we talking about? - obviously this makes all the difference in the world!

edit on 2011-3-14 by EnhancedInterrogator because: spelling, grammar, formatting, etc.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

They are talking about an explosion on 1# also? Or did the girl just get it wrong? She was saying 1# as they were showing 2
Suppression chamber reduced to 1 atmosphere, from 3.

edit on 14-3-2011 by strangeness because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-3-2011 by strangeness because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by strangeness

I don't think their was a new blast at #1, their mainly talking about #2 right now. They also said something about the roof of #4 being damaged at 7 AM japan time.

link   
The guy on CNN a second ago was saying "IF" the containment vessel is breached, it would be extremely hard for someone to go in there and seal it(im guessing even using machinery would be hard to).

One more thought, how will this explosion/possible containment breach affect the other 2 reactors that have previously exploded?

link   
reply to post by EnhancedInterrogator

Pretty sure I heard them say damage to the reactor bldg roof of number 4 as well

NHK

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Somebody on CNN tv just stated that the spent fuel rods are kept above the reactor containment vessel, OUTSIDE the main containment.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Its Happened!

SKY news UK Ticker

AFP Japan :Japanese government official says the containment floor is damaged

Elf

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by EnhancedInterrogator

Correction:
They're talking now about Tepco saying something about the #2 explosion possibly NOT being the same kind of explosion (from a hydrogen release) as happened with #1 Saturday and #3 on Sunday.
If that's accurate, obviously there is something bigger going-on with #2 (as some posters here have noted or speculated).

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
My biggest worry is that MOX fuel which contains plutonium...
Redneck, I've heard a geiger counter is useless in the case of plutonium. Does that mean we are at the mercy of the honesty of TEPCO to know whether or not it's being released?

Is there any method to test for the presence of plutonium ?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Looks like redneck bailed out. Grabbed the go bag and hunkered down
Oh no! we are all on our own!
edit on 14-3-2011 by premierepastimes because: typo

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
First the water level was going down, the rods were exposed, then the level went back up, then it went back down, they were fully exposed, now its halfway back up.

what the heck.. i don't think we can trust anything they say at this point.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
so i went to sleep and woke up to more explosions!

Is meltdown imminent? They seem to keep changing there minds, or does this just go along with them maybe recovering the water levels?

So much drama I can;t even handle or keep up with it

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
speaking of Geiger counters...here is one of several online ones in tokyo

Tokyo Geiger counter

there are more out there if someone needs them

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by xxcatcatcatxx

yes there has been more explosions.. and it seems reactor number 2 has a problem and radiation levels are climbing..they are unsure of all damage yet, and most staff is being evacuated from the plants

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

The thing is, once they start reporting that the rods are above water publicly, I take it as an explosion is imminent. All the other things that come out are just dancing around trying to keep people calm.

At least, thats how i see it.

top topics

<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join