It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 795.htm
<< 792  793  794    796  797  798 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
I doubt it would look like that if the water was thrown on top of it, partially contained, and then the steam explosion was pushed forward and rolled under moving waves.

Yeah it might be hidden I doubt it would be as big as those bombs in any case... lot of spray from such a wave... and people would be too busy running away to notice. The webcam shot of that wave did look odd though at that spot

I mean it's right at #4 and no where else do we see a wave making such a plume along that shore

Could this be the explosion instead of the tsunami hitting?

Japan tsunami wave smashes into nuclear plant

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by thorfourwinds
When we first experienced that video, the flames and smoke looked positively demonic. See for yourself.

Those images are from the Oil Refinery fire, not the Nuclear Plant.... "we" are in error

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187
As for the 4000 Sv/h, although I am not saying you guys are all full of crap, but the fissioning reactor of Chernobyl that blew up only reached 300 Sv/h.

Those two numbers do not add up as the Chernobyl core was in the process of fission when it was exposed, so unless this plant is doing something funny the numbers are not adding up.

I understand the spent fuel, sure, but there is a reason why it is "spent". It is not close to being as reactive as the enriched uranium in the fissioning core.

Maybe I'm missing something though, which I very well could be.

Pred...

The elephant's foot itself contained only a small fraction of the reactor's 180 tons of nuclear fuel. The rest of it collected in similar pools discovered elsewhere under the reactor or had been blown out in the explosion. Research, unfortunately, has been cut back in recent years because of safety concerns. Chernobyl is just too radioactive to work around for very long, and the death rate is too high.

A small fraction of the 180 tons

While we often are concerned about radiation in our experiments and protect ourself accordingly, take a look at this NOVA broadcast. It is frightening. When you send people into 200r/hr fields, "that" is real radiation.

The "elephants foot" in part 2 at 10,000r/hour is incredible.

The Russian physicist's delight at the lovely and magnificent melted structures in their journies throughout the guts of the core area is interesting and shows a remarkable scientific curiousity and detachment from the horrors that allows them to continue with the effort to study the accident's aftermath and future.

www.youtube.com...

Note: This is broken into about six -10 minute segments. It is worth seeing. The next time you get a 5mr/hr reading off a piece of hot U ore and are a bit fearful, you can realize how truly minimal such levels are. Richard Hull
link

#4 had 1500+ rods and the entire active fuel from the core , depending on if we can trust Tepco's inventory numbers that's the core of Cheronbyl , plus several more , lots of material to form poolium /corium , and that's where the heavy radiation is coming from , especially as it is in water .
edit on 26-4-2011 by Silverlok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
wow, moving kinda fast today... couple of hours away & i have 5 pages to back-track on

i know the ring of fire is always active, but all of these rather large oranges & lemons seem quite scary today... or is that just me?

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Rainbow Warrior to conduct marine radiation monitoring off Fukushima
Blog updates from our radiation monitoring teams
links.mailing.greenpeace.org...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Time traveling here to catch up.

Apologies for quoting myself but are these pics and video of the #4 Spent Fuel Pool blowing from German doc recently...finally captured in video? See video at 9:50. Stills from vid below too. Thanks for input.

Sure looks that way, but not being able to translate I can only assume from the preceding frames.We have some translation help incoming from friends on our thread, but we need that chunk just prior to and during the 9:50 mark translated specifically to know if that is what we are seeing there. Trying to catch up. Sorry if this has been addressed. Wanted a few of our great minds on here to take a look. Posted this in the am while all you night owls were catching Zzzzs. Bottom of the page and all - just wanted to make sure it got a looksy. Thanks!

Link to post with #4 pics and video

Oh heck...here they are:

9:50 in this video is the explosion on video referring to SPF in Unit 4.

source

edit on 26-4-2011 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Are you claiming these pics are of Fukushima?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

i agree, that vid should be captured for youtube, though as yet, i dunno how to do it... tomorrow, i'll see if i can find an app that can grab it

his comments made my blood boil, because he then tagged on the "we are proud of them" bit afterwards, as if he realized what he'd done & tried to back-peddle somewhat, rather than just giving them credit from the get-go, as anyone with a heart would agree to them being heroes, NOT fluffin insentient, paid robots

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by thorfourwinds

Thank you so much for the echoes. I can't seem to get through anywhere with the message and the lack of message from the E.P.A. Neither can others trying here and elsewhere. The national and world media are on auto tune. The Fed agencies are hiding data. There is a very real, very scary cover-up going on here and everywhere. Anything that interferes with the imaginary and completely baseless economic recovery is hitting lead. The only thing I can figure out is that it is so hopeless and there is no answer they have discovered so they are frozen.

Are they just not done double dipping in everyone's empty pockets yet? If we don't buy milk will we stop spending in other areas too? Is that the fear? Fear of fear? Maybe dismantling the EPA WASN'T such a crazy idea. They have shown themselves to be useless in this time of crisis. Do we have a count on how many monitors are not monitoring? There were many when I started looking at the data.

Is it going to take pics of what these babies look like once they are born after floating in plutonium laced amniotic fluid to get through to people what we are facing everywhere in the northern hemisphere? The world is being nuked and it's not worth mentioning?

Again, thanks to all of you. Gives me hope. Keep pushing until we find the fulcrum.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

reply to post by okiecowboy

Maybe reactor 4 had something weird yes, but numbers like that are huge. The reactor core was exposed at Chernobyl, people could physically see it, and the glowing mass was not that high in readings. You can get numbers like that from nuclear bombs, but we are talking about the critical mass when the bomb is hotter than the sun. Someone would notice that.

Could be something new, or could just be misreads or mistakes. The reason you can get huge readings on bombs is because they are allowed to reach critical mass, and reactors, although a hairline underneath it never get to the full potential. It's a "controlled critical mass".

I think it has to be a mistake though because the reading from everywhere around the plant are no where close. I think being exposed to that high of a number would be instant death, you would probably cook. Crazy sh!t!!

Pred...

Fission is different in air than water ( water makes 'slow neutrons' , air makes fission slow to a crawl because of fast neutrons ) , the water also acts a a barrier because a few feet of it absorbs lots and lots of radiation , which means the dectector is underwater or near the water that is being used and this condition was predicted by this thread as inevitable as soon as massive dumping into the ocean was slowed ( or stopped as they claim ).

As crappy as they are the thermal pictures from the Japanese ministry of defense show a migration of hot materials into or under the dry-well ( secondary containment (yellow cap) )for a while, and when the rods were being left to boil into the air the fission was slow and the particulates were being dispersed as aerosol and they thought that was better than the condition they have now ( because invisible radiation in the air being slowly released is not 'an immediate threat to health' whereas kilo seivert 'cooling water' that they cannot dump in the ocean is and just keeps getting hotter.

another consideration is that Chernobyl scattered most of the material whereas fukushima #4 has largely concentrated it
edit on 26-4-2011 by Silverlok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by thorfourwinds

Greetings back to you. The post of mine you quoted, with the link to a video...you have misquoted. The photos you posted, are not from the video I posted in my original post. Those photos are from an explosion at a fuel facility.

Here is the video I posted. Prof Christopher Busby: Can't seal Fukushima like Chernobyl - it all goes into sea

www.youtube.com...

Des

edit on 03/28/2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Maybe reactor 4 had something weird yes, but numbers like that are huge. The reactor core was exposed at Chernobyl, people could physically see it, and the glowing mass was not that high in readings.

The surface of the molten corium under Chernobyl... 10 years later when they went back in...

How much is that in sieverts?

Drop 2 zeros and that's the reading in sieverts. So about 100.

Pred...
edit on 26-4-2011 by predator0187 because: (no reason given)

Incorrect

10,000 roentgens = 1193.31742 seiverts , and in stagnant or low flow(if any probably recirc) water with a hell of a lot more mass than Chernobyl. It's why they are freaking right now , and just look at teh gamma count on the ccd for the robots in three , from small puddles of dripping water , those number may be bunk but the material evidence , and actions of Tepco seem to indicate that they are closer to if not the truth about the situation at #4 ( remember Tepco's failure at the pool water measurements and how Arnies btich slapped them , that was a pretty desperate move that had to have huge motivation , i'd say this looks like the type of thing driving Tepco's insanely desperate lies...fukushima IS THE WORST DISASTER IN THE HISTORY OF THE TECHNOLOGY OF MODERN MAN )

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mrbillshow

Are you posting with him...or just quoting another poster here, that said he was, but couldn't provide any proof.

Just asking...your paddle is getting all worn out ya know....

ETA: If TEPCO was half as transparent as you are...we wouldn't need this thread.

Des

edit on 03/28/2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by DancedWithWolves
reply to post by Destinyone

The Board of Directors should not accept his resignation. They should reassign him to the fire hoses alongside workers aiming water at the SFPs and reactors and scraping up debris. If he wants to take responsibility then that is how you take responsibility. Shame on him. Shame on the Board of Directors. Shame on TEPCO. Shame on Japan if they allow him to simply walk away to greener unradiated pastures. Allowing him to just walk away is the exact opposite of taking responsibility.

So sorry Masataka Shimizu. Your resignation is NOT accepted. You ARE needed to replace the workers you have already put to death.

DWW, I agree with you...but, it won't happen. What I surmise will happen, now that TEPCO has announced that all top execs will have their pay cut by 50%, is, a lot of them will take early retirement. If they get out fast enough, they'll probably be able to get a nice severance package to boot. Makes me sick to even think about.

Des

Des it may not be nice to consider but, fukushima is not going away today tomorrow or tommorrow , or tomorrow...and down the road for japan is in for a lot of dead family members , children wives parents, a legacy of decades of creeping death, that does not stop at the first born child . In the information age there is no where to run from the constantly growing legion of affected for decades , and unlike Cheronbyl they will know whom to hold responsible , it's not pretty but it's true ...a man with nothing to lose his path is as trackless as the wind , but if his heart is blackened by despair that path is one of destruction and damnation for all that it intersects, in a way they will have all of Zombieland looking for them

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverlok

The only site that lists it as that is that one conversion site, go type it in on google and look at the many sites that say what I am saying. It's in all my texts and every I look online but that one site your using.

converter.eu...

10,000 roentgen = 93-94 sieverts. Roughly 100 moving the decimal place 2 over.

I can provide all the links google provides me as well, but I'd recommend looking for yourself.

Pred...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Tuesday, April 26, 2011
Nuclear Body To Issue Hourly Radiation Forecasts

e.nikkei.com/e/fr/tnks/Nni20110426D25JFA23.htm

TOKYO (Nikkei)--The Nuclear Safety Commission said Monday that it will start issuing forecasts of how airborne radioactive material may be spreading out by the hour from the Fukushima Daiichi power plant.

Starting Tuesday, the commission's Web site will show hour-by-hour data from SPEEDI, a system that analyzes and predicts dispersal of radioactive material in the event of a nuclear emergency.

Run by the government-affiliated Nuclear Safety Technology Center, the system has taken flak for publishing results just twice since the Fukushima crisis began, despite 11.3 billion yen in development and operating costs.

(...)

(The Nikkei April 26 morning edition)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

I find housekeeping to be rewarding work for all of us when it comes to cleaning up bandwidth waste on the nuclear emergency thread. Stay ALERT. Time for a new strategy. We have back up. Let's use it. Knocking on the door does not work when no one is home to answer.

Originally posted by Silverlok

fukushima IS THE WORST DISASTER IN THE HISTORY OF THE TECHNOLOGY OF MODERN MAN )

It's like the world is still in the denial stage of grief. Thanks for the reality check as horrifying as it is.

edit on 26-4-2011 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

An alternative yes, although anything emitting 4,000 sieverts/hour could not be hidden. The air around the puddle or mass that has that count would pollute everywhere around it. It would be a chunk of uranium (which would be very large as it is low enriched uranium, or depleted) which would be at critical mass and glowing like the sun, even if underwater. It would be causing an explosion if it was fissioning.

If it is a remnant or stagnant water it would be boiling at that many sieverts, we would notice these things, it would be to hard to hide.

I do not think it could be a remnant or puddle as it would be melting or boiling, we are talking the middle of a nuclear explosion.

Pred...
edit on 26-4-2011 by predator0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

re your post - www.abovetopsecret.com...

it's so inhumane isn't it?

i think if CRAPCO expects the "best" from these workers, they fully owe it to them out of duty & respect, to afford them at least their basic needs - no expense spared

personally, & as silly as it may sound, i think they should each be given a one-person tent (which will only be slightly larger than the floor space they sleep on now), camp bed with pillows... mp3 players with chilled music, a small camping lamp, some writing & reading materials to try & relax/distract their thoughts... at least then, a little show of effort towards care, dignity, & privacy for what it's worth... & certainly, more nourishing food

new topics

top topics

<< 792  793  794    796  797  798 >>

join