It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 794.htm
<< 791  792  793    795  796  797 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I posted that map a few back. Let me find the link.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by okiecowboy

the funny thing about that link des is you have to kinda cheat to get that info...if you go to the main web page...it only lists reactors 1-3 and 5-6...you have to change the url and add the 4...for some reason that info wasn't really meant to be seen...wonder why???

now want to try to explain those readings from a reactor that was shut down since nov 2010 and a slightly damaged spent fuel pool?

A word, coined by Chakotay: poolium

looks like you have poolium on the east south east corner from under that side of the pool , poolium on the north west north (between 3 and four) still curious how it got across the building, and recent thermal images show what's ;left in the central areas of number fours pool seems to be following the rod storage to core loading channel to be depositing materials in or around the core . by now a good portion of most of those masses should be in or at basement level ( where the SC (torus)) is in a pool of continuously replenished water which would tend to slow it somewhat but encourage fission,

To keep those kind of numbers it has to be poolium ( otherwise known as corium ) and repeated surging criticalites

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoAngel2u
Here's the updated Fukushima Daiichi contamination survey map. Unfortunately the site is not cooperating with me when I try to upload and image it just loops me back to log in, so was only able to provide the link.
Would be lovely if someone else would post the image.

Contamination Survey Map 4/23/11
Source
edit on 4/25/1111 by NoAngel2u because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
TEPCO comes full circle...again.

By Gang Phan | April 27, 2011 12:08 AM HKT

Japan government's nuclear agency on Tuesday said water may be leaking from the No. 1 reactor container of the crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant, and the possible water leakage would affect work to flood the vessel with water as a step to stably cool the troubled reactor.

It blows my mind...they still haven't a clue what's going on. It's because it's too dam "hot" to send in real people...every article for the past week, only mentions "robots" are going to check...sometime in the future.

Spokesman of the Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency Hidehiko Nishiyama said they are currently examining data, but they think that there is water leakage to some exten.

The agency said the remote-controlled robots are expected to check the situation inside the reactor building.

TEPCO, the operator of the plant, has started checking to see if water is leaking from the No. 1 reactor container.

An official said last week at TEPCO that fuel of the Fukushima nuke plant plant's No. 1 reactor could be melting.
hken.ibtimes.com...

Des

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Reporters at this 4 hour combined news conference, question the authority of of these two volatile agencies, now only giving out info to the public, after they have time to get their stories straight. Worth a quick look

April 17, 2011 Gov't, TEPCO under fire as they hold first joint news conference since disaster

The secretariat for the nuclear disaster countermeasures head office comprised of the government and Tokyo Electric Power Co. (TEPCO) held their first joint news conference on April 25 by bringing together the plant operator, the Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency, the Nuclear Safety Commission of Japan and other parties concerned.

Goshi Hosono, a special adviser to Prime Minister Naoto Kan, said, "The secretariat (led by Prime Minister Naoto Kan) in principle will release all information. Trust me."

TEPCO and government agencies have held separate news conferences since the outbreak of the nuclear disaster triggered by the March 11 earthquake and tsunami.

Although about 250 journalists attended the news conference, the number of reporters who were allowed to ask questions was limited. None of the experts from the nuclear safety commission were present.

Some journalists questioned the rational of joint news conferences by the pro-nuclear power TEPCO and the government's regulatory entities.

mdn.mainichi.jp...

Des

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Good work Des, I appriciate your ability to find nuggets of hidden info and admire your dedication, as with all the major contributors.
My Green peace link actually all of them are down

I need to reboot and run a diagnostic so i'll be off line and have to catch up again..... oh well

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
IAEA Fukushima Accident Log report for today

White smoke continues to be emitted from Units 2, 3 and 4.

In Unit 2 and Unit 3 fresh water is being continuously injected into the reactor pressure vessel through the fire extinguisher line at an indicated rate of 7 m3/h using temporary electric pumps with off-site power.

The temperature at the bottom of the reactor pressure vessel in Unit 3 remains above cold shutdown conditions. The indicated temperature at the feed water nozzle of the reactor pressure vessel is 75 °C and at the bottom of the reactor pressure vessel is 111 °C. The reactor pressure vessel and the dry well remain at atmospheric pressure.

They are injecting water into the RPV of reactor #3, the bottom temp of the RPV is 111ºC AND at atmospheric pressure? So, they're turning the water into superheated steam inside the RPV with NO rise in pressure? White smoke continues to be emitted from #3?
Sounds like a hole in that thar reactor, Bubba! Or no lid, relatively cool at the top and hot at the bottom, because the corium is underneath the RPV cookin' it like a turkey fryer with out a lid. We need to see some radioactivity readings from inside the structures.

The reactor pressure vessel temperatures in Unit 2 remain above cold shutdown conditions. The indicated temperature at the feed water nozzle of the reactor pressure vessel is 123 °C. The reactor pressure vessel and the dry well remain at atmospheric pressure.

No bottom temp reading here, but a high temp on top with only atmospheric pressure in the RPV . IMHO problematic again, there's a a lid on it retaining the heat in the upper part of the RPV, but no pressure. It should have at least .22 MPa to keep water liquid at that temp. It's leaking somewhere...

In Unit 1 fresh water is being continuously injected into the reactor pressure vessel through the feedwater line at an indicated flow rate of 6 m3/h using a temporary electric pump with off-site power.
Nitrogen gas is being injected into the containment vessel in Unit 1 to reduce the possibility of hydrogen combustion in the containment vessel. The pressure in the reactor pressure vessel is increasing. The reactor pressure vessel temperatures in Unit 1 remain above cold shutdown conditions. The indicated temperature at the feedwater nozzle of the reactor pressure vessel is 138 °C and at the bottom of reactor pressure vessel is 111 °C.

Closer to what you would expect to see, but still not enough water flow to keep things cooling down.

www.iaea.org...
edit on 26-4-2011 by Tworide because: pressure conversion to MPa

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
TEPCO comes full circle...again.

I have noticed over the last week or so that they seem to recycle 'news flashes' I gues they expect that people are not paying attention to previous releases so they can say it again to show progress. They may be right... most normal people in Japan would be too busy to collect what they said a week ago to compare.

Like this one about them planning to fill #1 with water again... Didn't they give up on that as it was leaking out as fast as it was going in? Didn't they discover that the nitrogen was useless because THEY said they were sure it was cracked as they couldn't build up pressure? So WHY are they saying this now?

TEPCO to fill No.1 reactor with water

The operator of the damaged Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant has checked the interior of the No.1 reactor for leaks, before increasing the level of water in order to cool the fuel rods.

Tokyo Electric Power Company, or TEPCO, plans to finish filling the No.1 and No.3 reactor containment vessels by mid-July in order to submerge the fuel rods and cool them down stably.

The utility is currently pumping 6 tons of water per hour into the No.1 reactor. Some of that water is turning into steam, then turning back into water and pooling inside the containment vessel.

The water is now believed to be about 6 meters deep.

In order to submerge the fuel rods, TEPCO must pump more water into the vessel and make the pool about 18 meters deep.

On Tuesday, the utility sent remote-controlled robots inside the reactor building to check for leaks and other damage. No major problems were found.

TEPCO plans to increase the amount of water being fed into the reactor to 14 tons per hour starting on Wednesday, on an experimental basis.

Workers will monitor changes in temperature and pressure to see whether the reactor container can safely hold the water, while robots will enter the building again to check for leaks.

The government's nuclear safety agency says TEPCO also needs to determine whether a water-filled reactor container can withstand strong aftershocks.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 19:01 +0900 (JST)

www3.nhk.or.jp...

edit on 26-4-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DancedWithWolves

Radiation Expert: “Sr-90 and Uranium and Particulates Will Be Building Up in the USA and Europe … For Now I Think It Prudent To Stop Drinking Milk”

Professor Busby:

I attach my “don’t panic” paper. However, since then I have re-thought this advice as the thing is still fissioning and releasing 10 to the fourteen becquerels a day. This will mean that Sr-90 [strontium 90] and Uranium and particulates will be building up in the USA and Europe. I will assess this later but for now I think it prudent to stop drinking milk. I also attach the particulates note.

Fukuparticles2 link

Meanwhile, in the good ole U.S. of A.:

Someone needs to nudge the needle (kick some butt) at the EPA monitoring. They are stuck on rinse and repeat. No mention of the plutonium and the other iums being detected. Their complicity needs remembering in the times to come. Useless (non)data posted below.

April 25, 2011

As of 9:00 am (EDT) EPA's RadNet radiation air monitors across the U.S. show typical fluctuations in background radiation levels. The levels detected are far below levels of concern.

Today, EPA also released new data for precipitation and milk. Results for precipitation have detected low levels of radioactive material consistent with estimated releases from the damaged nuclear reactors. These detections were expected and the levels detected are far below levels of public-health concern.

To view the most recent sampling and monitoring data, go to www.epa.gov...
April 22, 2011

As of 9:00 am (EDT) EPA's RadNet radiation air monitors across the U.S. show typical fluctuations in background radiation levels. The levels detected are far below levels of concern.

Today, EPA also released new data for drinking water, precipitation and milk. Results for precipitation and drinking water have detected low levels of radioactive material consistent with estimated releases from the damaged nuclear reactors. These detections were expected and the levels detected are far below levels of public-health concern.

To view the most recent sampling and monitoring data, go to www.epa.gov...
April 21, 2011

Useless link to the EPA

edit on 26-4-2011 by DancedWithWolves because: Removed dup video

Greetings:

Someone needs to nudge the needle (kick some butt) at the EPA monitoring. They are stuck on rinse and repeat. No mention of the plutonium and the other iums being detected. Their complicity needs remembering in the times to come.

Someone has been, albeit without much interest or participation from fellow ATSers - the very people we thought would see that what happened in Japan could very well happen here in America, unless we are vigilant.

The fix is in, and we are sounding the alarm. Take a gander at our post concerning these exact statements and related anomalies and whilst in the thread, please consider the amount and quality of the data posted to date.

We have been highlighting the absurdities and anomalies in the radiation monitoring process here in the homeland and sounding the alarm that all is not well. While we may be chided for the use of color to highlight pertinent data to make sure it is not missed in the post, the intent is real and the message is one of hope through knowledge of the cover-up of the true radiation levels in America. Check out a couple of posts and see if we don't reflect the sentiment of many of your concerned friends and associates.

April 22, 2011

Today, EPA also released new data for drinking water, precipitation and milk. Results for precipitation and drinking water have detected low levels of radioactive material consistent with estimated releases from the damaged nuclear reactors. These detections were expected and the levels detected are far below levels of public-health concern.

That's all well and good, but what about this from four days prior?

Estimated releases were at over 3,000%?

Far below levels of concern?

March 28, 2011

Radioactive Iodine-131 in Pennsylvania rainwater sample is 3300% above federal drinking water standard

To view the most recent sampling and monitoring data, go to epa.gov

April 21, 2011

Is it just me, or is this parsing of words?

This statement indicates that background levels experience "typical" fluctuations.

It speaks only about background levels. Ahhhhhh ... the nuances of Newspeak.

There is nothing to see here - move along.

Of course, move along, there is nothing to see here, either, or is there?

Ok, in between Dancing With the Stars

and Cupcake Wars,

... did you catch the story of Iodine radiation levels in Boise, Idaho, being merely 14,066.67% of EPA limit on April 1, 2011?

What? Not on your local nightly news? Obviously, not newsworthy.

But, the EPA assures we, the people, that there is nothing to be concerned with.

April 1
As of 12:30pm (EDT)
EPA's RadNet radiation air monitors across the U.S. show typical fluctuations in background radiation levels. The levels detected are far below levels of concern.

As of 8:30am (EDT)
EPA's RadNet radiation air monitors across the U.S. show typical fluctuations in background radiation levels. The levels detected are far below levels of concern.
EPA RadNet

This is not the rad monitor you seek ... move along, nothing to see here ...

Meanwhile, information management in full swing.

26 April 2011

BOISE, Idaho — Idaho environmental officials say drinking water samples from around the state are testing radiation-free.

The Idaho Department of Environmental Quality said Tuesday that samples from municipal water systems show no evidence of elevated levels of radioactive Iodine-131.

Officials tested 18 different water systems from Boise to Couer d'Alene to determine if radiation from the Japan nuclear accident contaminated Idaho groundwater. The March 11 earthquake and tsunami damaged the Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear plant, raising global concerns about the spread of radiation.

No additional testing specifically for radioactive iodine is planned.

Low, but measurable, radioactive Iodine-131 levels were first detected 10 days after the earthquake in Boise air samples (March 21). Officials said the small amounts found in water and air are diminishing and pose no health risk.

Are you F*%K##G kidding? "No additional testing specifically for radioactive iodine is planned."

Did anyone tell them that it is NOT OVER!

As previously posted, Lucas Hixton Whitefield tipped us off to the fact that the EPA has been detecting Plutonium and Strontium along the entire US West Coast since March 18th.

The discovery came after Lucas found that the advanced custom EPA Radnet data search contained several radioactive isotopes that the EPA was presenting to the public as the all inclusive list of Radiation being detected.

Update 12:01 EST April, 22nd 2011

Here are the results for Plutonium.

All results were detected by actinides extraction chromatography as part of either the RadNet Radiation Network Alert or the Fukushima deployables.

To fit the data on the web page I have moved some redundant columns .

I removed the half-life column which the EPA results report as 24,131 years for Plutonium-239 and for 87.75 years for Plutonium-238.

I have also removed the unit column as all amounts reported are pCi/m3 or picocuries per cubic meter.

Plutonium Results

Strontium Results

Update 1:07 EST April, 22nd 2011

Strontium-89 and 90 were detected in Environmental Matrices.

Again the half-life column has been removed to fit the data on this page. The EPA reports the half-life for the Strontium-89 is 50.55 years and the half-life for the Strontium-90 at 28.6 years.

All Strotium detections were from the RadNet Radiation Alert Network.

Agian all units reported are pCi/m3 or picocuries per cubic meter.

Cesium Results

Update 1:29 EST April, 22nd 2011

I will be posting the cesium results in 3 seperate tables – Air, Milk and Rain so the data can be fit here.

All Cesium samples were detected using Gamma Spectrometry.

Cesium Air Result

All units for cesium air samples are pCi/m3.

Cesium Milk Results

All amounts are pCi/L.

Cesium Rain Results

All amounts are pCi/L.

It is aware folks like this that inspire us all to help make a difference.

Deny Ignorance!

I have put a Google Docs Spreadsheet of the Plutonium, Strontium, And Cesium Seperated By Air, Rain, And Milk online which is basically the tables above.

Lucas has also put a Google spreadsheet of his EPA radnet search[/url] showing where Plutonium, Strontium, and Cesium have been detected online with all of the original columns from the EPA data.

I will update this post with a more user-friendly view of the EPA result data.

In the mean time, you can get to the EPA data yourself, though it is rather confusing.

Start here: Final step of the advanced custom EPA Radnet data search here.

Then simply enter 3/11/2011 as the start date and today’s date as the end date.

Scroll down click the radionuclides to include in the results, for example plutonium.

Finally click search database to view the results or download to CSV to save the results on your PC.

Again h/t to Lucas for making the original discovery that the EPA had hidden this data from the public results they have been compiling.

Of course, move along, there is nothing to see here ...

Using the advanced search I pulled all of the rainwater tests which are listed below showing dozens of cities with iodine radiation in the rainwater across the entire US with levels far above the EPA drinking water limit.

Is your city on this list?

We'll post only the top 50 and link to the other 250+ cities, all with elevated readings - not reported on the nightly news.

The rest of the cities list and a veritable plethora of information awaits the interested student:
America's Being Nuked - Can We Together Stop the Madness Before It's Too Late?

In Peace, Love & Light

tfw

edit on 26/4/2011 by thorfourwinds because: colortag

edit on 26/4/2011 by thorfourwinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
An underwater burst of a hydrogen bomb would be like an earthquake, and would be experienced like a tsunami.

In other words - the extra devastation in Sendai from the tsunami....could it be that the tsunami was worse in that area because the reactor did act like a bomb when the original tsunami hit it? The extra waves from a double impact?

What if the waves hit like crossing wave fronts?

I'm totally just riffing here. Asking the question.

How would you know that a hydrogen bomb went off under the water, when the thing that would give it away was masked by EXACTLY the same phenomena happening naturally?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Wave fronts from the Japanese Tsunami.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I have heard a few people claim that the accident at Fukushima has yet to claim any lives.

These people may not have died from radiation poisoning, but the problems at Fukushima have a lot to answer for here - along with the government and local authorities.

Warning, this report is pretty disturbing.

Families want answers after 45 people died following evacuation from Fukushima hospital

The Manichi Daily

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
An underwater burst of a hydrogen bomb would be like an earthquake, and would be experienced like a tsunami.

UNDERWATER NUCLEAR EXPLOSION - CODENAME BAKER

i think we would have noticed that

ETA This really cool old NAVY newsreel... not related but great history on an underwater nuke test off California

Operation Wigwam - Underwater Nuclear Test Film (1955)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
A trickle from one of the other plants...

Governor inspects Onagawa nuclear power plant

Officials of the Miyagi prefectural government have conducted safety checks at Onagawa nuclear power plant, which shut down automatically following the March 11th earthquake and tsunami.

A group of about 15 officials, including Governor Yoshihiro Murai, visited the plant located in the prefecture on Tuesday. The plant is operated by Tohoku Electric Power Company.

All 3 reactors at the plant remain shut down, and one of 2 power cables linking to the cooling system generator at the No.2 reactor has been rendered useless due to flooding.

Murai inspected the damage, and asked utility officials about safety measures at the plant.

The governor then visited, and offered encouragement to, some 150 evacuees taking shelter in a gymnasium at the plant after the tsunami caused damage to their homes.

He later assured local residents that the plant's reactors are in safe shutdown.

Asked about the timing of the restart of the plant, Murai said he believes it's impossible to get rid of all nuclear power plants immediately.

He said his decision will be based on whether the plant can clear new standards to be set up by the state government.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 19:27 +0900 (JST)

www3.nhk.or.jp...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Today from MSN
Search: Biggest Nuclear Accidents

specials.msn.com...

Greenpeace links that now work I checked them.
links.mailing.greenpeace.org...

hope they work for ya

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Yup they work now

Local Mayors Demanding Transparency re Nuke Plant

Waiting for the print version....

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
Very honest take on TEPCO lying, and things are much worse than is being told. Says, Japan is at great risk.
If you have not seen this vid. approx 10 mins...you really should...JMOHO though.

Professor Christopher Busby: Can't seal Fukushima like Chernobyl - it all goes into sea.

Professor Christopher Busby, the Scientific Secretary of the European Committee on Radiation Risks, believes that the Japanese have been very lax in the way they evacuated people from the exclusion zone. He thinks that the zone should be expanded to a 60-70km radius.

Busby thinks that if a sarcophagus is put over Fukushima-1, the nuclear fuel might go underground and get washed away by the sea. The US has already started picking up contaminated material with high concentrations of uranium and plutonium washed up on its coastline, he says.

Christopher Busby also thinks that TEPCO has concealed the fact that one of the explosions at Fukushima was not a gas blast, but a nuclear reaction.

“The nuclear industry has a history of duplicity and cover-up. I believe it probably was a nuclear explosion, not in the reactor, but in the tanks that contains the spent fuel. It seems almost certain now that there was some kind of nuclear explosion in the tank that contained the plutonium fuel rods. Anyone who saw that enormous explosion on the video would not have believed that it was a hydrogen explosion,” says Busby.

Greetings Des:

We took the liberty of colourizing your above post to make the point.

When we first experienced that video, the flames and smoke looked positively demonic. See for yourself.

In Peace, Love & Light

tfw

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

What I'm kinda asking is - those shots are all in relatively calm water where the explosion starts underneath.

I doubt it would look like that if the water was thrown on top of it, partially contained, and then the steam explosion was pushed forward and rolled under moving waves.

The water impacting should draw out the explosion, and the wavefront should barrel it under. More like a volcanic tsunami.
edit on 2011/4/26 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Need help translating Japanese video..

This one is WEIRD because of the dating of the event and it led me to another really odd coincidence

What I need to know is if they say Uchinoura near the end. It is a multistage missile, but I cannot find any launch record for that time.

Fear. Missile.Uchinoura Kagoshima Japan 4.24.2011

Uchinoura is JAXA's launch site but press releases don't show any launch since the quake... but the lats press release for April was REALLY ODD

Advanced Land Observing Satellite 'DAICHI' (ALOS)
Power Generation Anomaly
April 22, 2011 (JST)
Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA)

The Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) has been operating the Advanced Land Observing Satellite ‘DAICHI” (ALOS), which has exceeded its design life of three years and its target life of five years. However, at around 7:30 a.m. on April 22, we found that the satellite had shifted its operation mode to the low load mode (*1) and all the onboard observation devices were turned off due to power generation reduction. The anomaly was detected through relayed data via the Data Relay Test Satellite "KODAMA."
Since then, the power generation has been rapidly deteriorating, and we currently cannot confirm power generation. The DAICHI was launched on January 24, 2006.

JAXA is investigating the cause of this problem while taking necessary measures.

*1: Low generation mode: the mode to save power consumption to maintain the minimum function of the satellite.

www.jaxa.jp...

So an advanced ground surveillance satellite picks mar/apr to malfunction and the name of it is DAICHI?

GOOD GRIEF What are the odds

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
In Japan’s Insular Nuclear Nexus, Safety Is Left Out

In 2000, Kei Sugaoka, a Japanese-American nuclear inspector who had done work for General Electric at Daiichi, told Japan’s main nuclear regulator about a cracked steam dryer that he believed was being concealed. If exposed, the revelations could have forced the operator, Tokyo Electric Power, to do what utilities least want to: undertake costly repairs. What happened next was an example, critics have since said, of the collusive ties that bind the nation’s nuclear power companies, regulators and politicians. Despite a new law shielding whistle-blowers, the regulator, the Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency, divulged Mr. Sugaoka’s identity to Tokyo Electric, effectively blackballing him from the industry. Instead of immediately deploying its own investigators to Daiichi, the agency instructed the company to inspect its own reactors. Regulators allowed the company to keep operating its reactors for the next two years even though, an investigation ultimately revealed, its executives had actually hidden other, far more serious problems, including cracks in the shrouds that cover reactor cores.

www.nytimes.com...

I guess this answers my suspicion about why Dr. Saji is not leading a team of investigators in Japan. The Nuclear Mafia rules the goverment....

new topics

top topics

<< 791  792  793    795  796  797 >>

join