It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 792.htm
<< 789  790  791    793  794  795 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

"Shame on me" all you want. It is his business where he posts and I will not publicly write where it is. I did email a poster who asked, but I will not make it public. He does not post there often so I am sure he is busy but he did put something up yesterday. Don't believe me, makes absolutely no difference to me. But I will tell you this, although that site can at times be raunchy, people are not usually attacked or mocked like so many are on this site. I love this place because of the info, but I do not appreciate the negativity.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DancedWithWolves
Ummm....ya...are these...
Schematics?

Another interesting find that will need work ARRGGGG

Title is...

The Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station Unit 3
The seismic safety evaluation results
(Seismic Safety Evaluation of major facilities)
August 31, 2010
NISA

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SammyB

"Shame on me" all you want. It is his business where he posts and I will not publicly write where it is. I did email a poster who asked, but I will not make it public. He does not post there often so I am sure he is busy but he did put something up yesterday. Don't believe me, makes absolutely no difference to me. But I will tell you this, although that site can at times be raunchy, people are not usually attacked or mocked like so many are on this site. I love this place because of the info, but I do not appreciate the negativity.

Forgive me for being skeptical, but why did you even mention it here, if you had no intentions of making it public?

Links or it didn't happen bro.

Makes no difference to me, either way.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by buskey
Quick question for the long timers here.....anyone know why TheRedneck stopped posting here / participating in this thread?

If no factual knowledge, any viable conjecture?

Over the weeks TRN had posted several comments in overall support of nuclear power, his position being that the world needs power and other than petroleum it hasn't figured out a way to deliver in the quantities needed, including wind and solar. he said nuclear was a viable alternative as long as the industry could learn to do it safely.

Each time he was set upon by the knee jerk, anti-nuclear, anti-corporate, anti-capitism, anti-establishment types that frequent this site. Besides that he wasn't particularly conspiracy minded so I'm sure that rubbed those of the "you're either with us or against us" crowd the wrong way. In the week before he left he was particularly excoriated by a couple people over what I don't remember, but it seemed rather over the top. What struck me is how in each instance the other prolific posters on this thread who seemed to value his opinion highly stayed silent.

Maybe he got tired of being lectured to by stay at home soccer moms and out of work twenty something gamers?

My opinion? TRN didn't seem to be a person who wilted easily in the face of criticism. Due to his knowledge and experience maybe he got tapped by an organization investigating this incident and was told it wouldn't be proper to post onboards such as this at this time. The second being he just got busy with personal issues.

Simple and reasonable conclusions. But that won't stop the conspiracy freaks from coming up with a transnational effort by Tepco, the CIA and Mossad to silence him.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Originally posted by SammyB
Redneck is still posting on another site. From the tone, my guess would be that he doesn't appreciate all the disinfo here that silences so many posters from honest discussion. I may be wrong, but this is what I am thinking.

Please provide some proof of this, because that is a pretty heavy allegation.

TheRedneck has been shown online here very recently, so he has been here, and you'd think if he has a problem with disinfo here, he would do whatever he could to alert fellow ATS members to that, and point it out, also providing some kind of brief explanation as to why he abruptly stopped posting.

He had many followers here, and if what you say is true, then it is just wrong on his part to say nothing here about it.

That said it is only an allegation, therefore the default explanation given by ATS staffers that he has more important real life issues to deal with, should be accepted until PROVEN to be false.

Yep, a forum courtesy, post your source.
TRN started and posted on various threads on ATS, up until the earthquake on 3/11, then to this thread exclusively until 4/10, with no mention of being OBE, overcome by events, then nada, no posts anywhere on ATS. He's still listed as a forum moderator and has todays date as last visited. that can mean as little as he hasn't logged out since, or he's in ROM, read-only-mode.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Fair question. First, a poster was curious and wanted opinions. Second and more importantly, I truly feel there are a lot of disinfo agents here and if that does have anything to do with why he is posting elsewhere and not here any more, I want to add my voice against those here who try to so often to shut down honest discussion. I've noticed that many new posters do not get their questions answered and are not made welcome. I would love to see this site friendlier and less cliquesh. Redneck seems very open and opposed to any censorship so I am just guessing here that some of that attitude could bother him. Apologies if I am wrong.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mrbillshow

Where did you get the notion he's not particularly conspiracy minded? lol

TheRedneck's profile

About Me

Birthday:
April 11, 1961

Topics I Like:
Conspiracies in general

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Hey I take offense at that - don't lump us all together............

My kids play basketball!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SammyB

I truly hope you are wrong, but will take your word for it, since obviously you aren't going to post a link to where he is currently posting.

Assuming it is true, and your assessment is accurate, of all of the members here at ATS, having TheRedneck apparently wimp-out of posting here because of the reasons you described is incredibly disappointing.

link   

Originally posted by SFA437

Originally posted by predator0187

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by predator0187
Maybe reactor 4 had something weird yes, but numbers like that are huge. The reactor core was exposed at Chernobyl, people could physically see it, and the glowing mass was not that high in readings.

The surface of the molten corium under Chernobyl... 10 years later when they went back in...

How much is that in sieverts?

Drop 2 zeros and that's the reading in sieverts. So about 100.

Pred...
edit on 26-4-2011 by predator0187 because: (no reason given)

Plugged the numbers in here Rad Converter and got this result:

You are converting

From
roentgen
To
sievert

Result

Guess your calculator is wrong because in all my books and on wiki the conversion is moving the decimal 2 places.

en.wikipedia.org...

It even says it on the wiki page.

It also describes it on the Chernobyl page as well, and the roentgen one too.

Pred...
edit on 26-4-2011 by predator0187 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by NoAngel2u

Just an opinion derived from his posting history on this thread.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Well it would seem that is an under investigated opinion. lol You should get out more. Seems your entire ATS perspective is stuck in this thread. lol

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Two things strike me funny, that people who will accept any hairbrained conspiracy theory without evidence as long as it is juicy enough are demanding absolute evidence of TRN's comments and whereabouts, and, many of those responsible for driving him from this thread are completely clueless why.

They'll be the first to attack him for doing so, though.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrbillshow
Over the weeks TRN had posted several comments in overall support of nuclear power, his position being that the world needs power and other than petroleum it hasn't figured out a way to deliver in the quantities needed, including wind and solar. he said nuclear was a viable alternative as long as the industry could learn to do it safely.

Each time he was set upon by the knee jerk, anti-nuclear, anti-corporate, anti-capitism, anti-establishment types that frequent this site. Besides that he wasn't particularly conspiracy minded so I'm sure that rubbed those of the "you're either with us or against us" crowd the wrong way. In the week before he left he was particularly excoriated by a couple people over what I don't remember, but it seemed rather over the top. What struck me is how in each instance the other prolific posters on this thread who seemed to value his opinion highly stayed silent.

Maybe he got tired of being lectured to by stay at home soccer moms and out of work twenty something gamers?

My opinion? TRN didn't seem to be a person who wilted easily in the face of criticism. Due to his knowledge and experience maybe he got tapped by an organization investigating this incident and was told it wouldn't be proper to post onboards such as this at this time. The second being he just got busy with personal issues.

Simple and reasonable conclusions. But that won't stop the conspiracy freaks from coming up with a transnational effort by Tepco, the CIA and Mossad to silence him.

One thing strikes me as funny. A conspiracy freak (note his conspiracy theory quoted above) complaining about other conspiracy freaks.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlaskanDad
"Look at advanced Japan," he said. "People are housed in stadiums and are lying about on the floors of sports halls in unhygienic conditions."

And yet Japan's hotels are empty due to tourists canceling trips...

The Russians took a lot of flak over their handling of Chernobyl in the early hours... but they got the job done. Japan's response is unfathomable considering they were in the top 5 economies in the world

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ressiv
well half an houre ago there was an thread started about the issue of redneck...
now its gone... error 404 and than :
HOMETOP TOPICS+NEW TOPICS+ABOUT+GET ATSFORUMSRECENT POSTSmyATSTOOLS+CHAT^SEARCHLOG OUT

Sorry, you are not permitted to view this forum
[close]

weiiiiird

It was deleted as I violated T&C, which was stated in the thread. Didn't mean to kick up a fuss and I didn't want to cloud THIS thread with discussion around his whereabouts. Got an email from a mod saying he has RL issues going on and he shall return. At this point in time, I'm going to believe that... if he's gone for more than 2 months though, something's up IMO.

Back to Japan...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
A nuclear bomb explosion is very unlikely at a reactor as the enriched uranium is low enriched uranium. Weapons grade is 80% u235 and reactors are usually around 10% or much less.

The most common design for a uranium war head is a cylinder of uranium fitting into a cup of uranium making it hit critical mass. Either piece by itself cannot do this but when they are fitted together that's when the become brighter than the sun. Up until that point they are on opposite sides of the bomb and when it is programmed to go off the couple together. There is nothing like that at reactors.

A plutonium one is ridiculously hard to do, as it is a series of collapsing blasts heading toward the plutonium, and if not done right, nothing happens. The measurements have to be unbelievably precise that many countries would never even try and build one.

The reactors are not atom bombs, and the spent fuel pools are not bombs, and will never become one, the Chernobyl core was fissioning and it did not release an atomic blast, so even if we get a pile of molten criticality the blob should never turn into a bomb, unless it is dropped into water.

Pred...

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 26-4-2011 by predator0187 because: Added link

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
The dumping is into the Pacific Ocean. The Sea of Japan is essentially a strait, and likely the tides pull the radiation out into the Pacific, so little recirculates to the Sea.

Yup it is moving out to sea...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrbillshow
reply to post by NoAngel2u

Just an opinion derived from his posting history on this thread.

Your opinions always "appear" to be formed on very limited data. IF, you had bothered to read anything other than the couple of pages, before you post, OR, if you had followed TRN in the past here on ATS...you surely would have read this.
Posted by TRN in another ATS forum...

Originally posted by MajorDisaster
Redneck, even though RogerT already built one, I think it would be fantastic if you were to give it a try as well!

Especially since you're a member of the ATS staff. I've been wanting to see ATS get involved in the hunt for "free energy" for a long time

TRN replies...

You flatter me.

The only problem is that I already have two projects being being built. One is a demonstration prototype on a device where a proof-of-concept prototype already has shown it as feasible, and the other has some serious mathematical evidence behind it. Both concern alternate energy.

I also have given away another project on propulsion via field manipulation to my son to build on his own. And there is a third robotics development project sitting in the wings for me to work on.

These things take a lot of time and a decent amount of finances. When I build a prototype, it is not like you see on YouTube; nothing is hidden, and everything is designed to accomplish that 'wow' factor. My normal building medium is clear polycarbonate so every part can be clearly seen. I also try and incorporate any test equipment into the project itself, so that less external cases with leads are floating around. Right now I am building a dual voltage meter and frequency counter just for the project I am active on.

All that takes money too, and funding is getting pretty dry. So the need to make a living, combined with the cost of materials and equipment keeps me running at low throttle for now. That 50kV power supply I mentioned (0-50kV adjustable, 3mA continuous output, and a digital readout taken straight from the output terminals) is going to take in the neighborhood of $200 in parts and several days to design, etch, and stuff the boards.

I will make you a counter offer, though. If you would like to try it, I will be more than happy to advise you on any aspects you may have trouble with (and that goes for any member here). Just shoot me a u2u with your questions.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

He stays pretty busy, he also let us know, he would be spending his time on some projects, and work...
I don't seriously think there is any conspiracy in his taking care of RL things. We don't need babysitting by him.

And, MB, stop sticking the paddle in clear waters, and trying to muddy the pond.

Bright Blessings,

Des
edit on 03/28/2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

edit on 03/28/2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 789  790  791    793  794  795 >>

join