It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 79.htm
<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
And now they say that most staff is evacuating... few people left to contain the whole thing...

This is getting real bad.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by RickyD

So far I don't think there is any reason to worry about the US. If I was living in CA, I wouldn't head out just yet.

(Of course, if I were living in CA, it would stand to reason I had also gone insane... but that's another story.
)

Just keep watching... you'll have at least two days from any massive release to react.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead
I heard this from contacts in Japan. The fuel rods in the #2 reactor are almost fully exposed to air. They are expecting another hydrogen explosion in reactor #2. This should happen today. Partial meltdown is already occurring.

The radiation being released is higher than being reported so not to panic the public. This will increase if/when the #2 bulding explodes.

The situation is dire. They will be expanding the evacuation zone again to get people away from the radiation.
They are running out of options.

Please see my last update from earlier today to see I am not lying. I am in contact with friends in Japan that are in the loop so to speak. They knew reactor #2 would blow today. This was expected. What the public is not being told is that the #2 reactor housing is showing cracks and there is a lot of radiaton leaking from it. The attempt to use sea water to cool the reactors is not working. It is becoming out of control, we are in uncharted territory. Look for the evacuation zone to be extended from 20km to about double that soon.

God help the Japanese people.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
live.reuters.com...

Fresh explosion heard at stricken Japan reactor www.reuters.com
by Allan Shifman at 11:22 PM
FLASH: Explosion heard at Japan's Fukushima Daiichi No.2 reactor: Jiji News Agency
by Allan Shifman at 11:03 PM

Think they should start thinking worse case senerio,

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

My question is if it did effect us here in the US how far could it reach if all 3 reactors are considered to be meltdown status? Also how long would one wanna stay away from the radioactive jet stream? I know most of the stuff has a short half life with the exception of the plutonium from the MOX reactor. I needed to visit family there anyway lol seems like the perfect time...a much better idea than going home to NM right away.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by RickyD

The only thing with a "short" half life of 8 days is the Iodine-131. The rest is like years, if not decades, centuries, or millenia.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
Boron is a neutron absorber; it is added to the reactor vessel water before it is injected to help control the reaction... sort of like a liquid control rod, if you will.
TheRedneck

Ok. Because they've been doing that all-along to Reactors #1, #2 and #3 at Fukushima Daiichi.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

Well that's sh-tty I live in NM and it seems like it's gonna be worse there than ever...gotta remember all the tests they do there anyway!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

If radiation does reach the west coast would it not then just travel across the entire
country? How far could it travel, seriously. Then there is Hawaii out in the Pacific,
it would get there before the west coast. I uset to live in Ca and Oregon and I have so
many friends and family there. I am on pins and needles but I want the truth and I
don't feel we are getting it from the media.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
As I see it, the difference here between Chernobyl or a nuke explosion fallout is that of altitude. Chernobyl had a reactor fire to loft the fallout high into the atmosphere. A nuke lobs fallout high up also, for obvious reasons. Here, any fallout will be relatively low altitude, it may well not make it as high as the jetstream so this may well be more of a localised thing. Not that this is of any comfort to those poor souls in japan. If you're religious, pray for them. If not, like myself, bear them in your thoughts and send what positive mental energy you can.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
A quake-striken nuclear plant in Japan has been hit by a third explosion in four days, amid fears of a meltdown.

The blast occurred at reactor 2 at the Fukushima Daiichi plant, which engineers had been trying to stabilise after two other reactors exploded.

One minister has said it is "highly likely" that the rods might melt. Radiation levels near the plant have risen.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Lied to every step of the way. We were told there would be no explosion at reactor 2. If you are in Japan, get out now.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

# 2333: More details on the reported blast at Fukushima's reactor 2. The explosion is feared to have damaged the reactor's pressure-suppression system, Kyodo says. It adds that "radiation tops legal limit" after the explosion. # 2320: A spokesperson from Tokyo Electric says said some staff have been evacuated from the site

# 2340: Tokyo Electric officials are now holding a news briefing. They say the blast at reactor 2 happened "near the pressure vessel". They also confirm that some staff at the nuclear power plant are being evacuated.

# 2344: Tokyo Electric says that 50 employees are still staying at the Fukushima plant

www.bbc.co.uk...

Im not sure what this means , cant be good tho.
edit on 14-3-2011 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-3-2011 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Press conference on CNN just now, i caught the last end of it but heard something along the lines of, there was a pressure change following the blast. "We have experienced some kind of problem"

Where have we heard that before..

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Im watching CNN live on cable tv right now and they are saying "explosive impact" along with suppression problems. They said they heard a "weird noise" in the suppression stuff. I dont know what that means.

What is an explosive impact?
edit on 14-3-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by kcoyote

A quake-striken nuclear plant in Japan has been hit by a third explosion in four days, amid fears of a meltdown.

You mean 4 explosions...
-1 at reactor no.1
-1 at reactor no.2
-2 at reactor no.3 (MOX fueled)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
www.ustream.tv...

Live stream

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
anyone have any of that info handy about how these plants are built?

isn't the suppression pool part of the "Core Catching" system that is the first line of defense in event of reactor breach? as well as providing a back up system of emergency cooling.

I remember someone posted the lay out of these things but dang if I can find em now

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

It means that they have just about run out of options. The radiation level at the plant has become so high that workers are starting to leave their posts almost in a panic.

It is getting bad enough that you would be putting your life at risk by working there for even a short period of time.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

# BREAKING NEWS: Lower pressure after blast suggests damage to suppression pool: agency (08:39) # BREAKING NEWS: Lower pressure after blast triggers damage to suppression pool: agency (08:35) - Kyodo

LINK

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
WOW NHK live feed broke away from live feed of press conference coverage cause the TEPCO rep couldn't answer a difficult question!!!

top topics

<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join