It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 785.htm
<< 782  783  784    786  787  788 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Hi again, not meaning to mis direct yor work, I came across this video and thought since it is the 25th anniversary of Chernoyble it would be a good time to compare futures.

Pripyat: poste restante

rt.com...

edit on 25-4-2011 by rbrtj because: put up wrong link sorry this is the right one

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
So very sad to report that I am now afraid to eat my garden vegetables:

I used to eat my garden veggies with delight, full of gratitude and the joy of having accomplished a degree of self-sufficiency. Now I look at each vegetable with suspicion and I eat it with distrust. The only reason I eat them at all is I figure the same rain fell on the GMO grocery store produce. It's a lose-lose situation.

edit on 25-4-2011 by OuttaHere because: PS I live in Southern California

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Just eat them with joy. As we know is the radiation in us still okey. And if this is a global problem the food from the supermarket is also contaminated. As long as we don't have a metallic smell in our mouth, there is a chance we can survive this #!

It's anyway time for us to go home at one day.
edit on 25-4-2011 by cushycrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by OuttaHere

At worst just wash them a lot in water

If there are any traces of radioactive elements, bathing them in water should help remove some and absorb the radioactivity. Depending on where you live, there might be such small traces that you don't have anything to worry about.

You could also bathe them in purified water (boil it and collect the steam)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
LOOK! Apparently Japan can do graph charts with numbers over time.

Ah well the science geek on NHK is good at charts too... except he keeps saying "...its okay however it just got worse..."

It is TEPCO that has issues with math. Either that or you need that secret decoder algorithm to get the real values. Probably easiest to just multiply by 10

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by OuttaHere
The only reason I eat them at all is I figure the same rain fell on the GMO grocery store produce.

Simple solution... as soon as rain stops get the hose out and wash them down before they have time to absorb it into the leaves... it will get most of anything there. Also before it rains make a wooden frame with heavy plastic sheeting as a cover for the edible plants... just a leanto shape to let rain water wash off away from the food crop. Doesn't look like the food portion of that yard is that huge.

Don't forget that the Japanese gov dudes ate tomatoes, strawberries and cucumbers. The radioactive particles DO NOT easily absorb into the fruit, mostly the leaves hence why spinach, etc was destroyed in Japan

But I gotta say... THIS concerns me

edit on 25-4-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Hi again.. I have not seen any swallows yet this year in my area of Washington.
The hummingbirds are doing good and as the other feathered friends.
anyone else notice no Swallows?
Or is it still to early?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by OuttaHere

Really nice garden.

It's probably a lot better physically, psychologically, and spiritually to try and live beyond the fear.

Humans have a lot more spiritual power than we imagine ourselves having, due to our belief systems that restrict us.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
After Chernobyl we had justs a little radiation here in Switzerland, I can tell you, you can see when you can't eat this vegetables anymore. We had huge tomatoes and fruits from in the garden and Mega-leafs on the trees. It was forbidden to eat mushrooms for over one year. If you vegetables go huge or die then begin to be skeptical.

I can't find pictures on the web to show you (why?!), but I had this mutant plants in my garden, so believe me. I am 35 now, and still living.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by cushycrux

Plants grown from seeds exposed to radiation in space for two weeks

www.spotshoppingguide.com...

Yummy

Don't let Monsanto see this though

edit on 25-4-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

This contamination is biblical....in a few years millions of animals from the sea will wash up the shores and people will get some serious health problems.....and maybe die. Is this one of the horsemen in the bible?.....Jesus...it is really scary to see this all happen.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
From Dr. Saji's e-mails:

I finally got a chance to look at them. Here's some highlights. Maybe I missed something, but he talks about hydrogen explosion at 1F1??

. Current status of damaged cores

Mr. Hidehiko Nishiyama, Senior Counselor of NISA, at a press interview made on April 18, admitted that the some fraction of pellets appear to be molten. The basis of this assessment is through detection of radioactive species resulting from melting in 1F2 and 3, as well as hydrogen explosion occurred in 1F1 he explained.

The Nuclear Safety Commission,explanation. The reason that they conclude melting of fuel pellets is due to the observation that:

(1) From 1F2, the nuclear species that should not have been released unless by melting were released. Tc-99m (T1/2=6h, 9E+04 Bq/cm3), La-140 (T1/2=2d, 1.9E+05), Ba-140 (T1/2=13d, 4.9E+05 Bq/cm3)

(2) Similarly from 1F3, similar species are detected although the concentration was several tenths of those at the 1F2.

(1) For 1F1, although such nuclear species are not detected, fuels have been exposed to steam above the reactor water level, resulting in hydrogen explosion. This read us to conclude the pellets are moten also in 1F1.

Well, as I have been saying, some small fraction of fuel particles can be released into the reactor vessel, through a clad burst, since the pellets are generally broken in pieces during their operation. The detection of a small amount of refractory species may not strongly support core melting.

Also at the press interview given on April 20, Mr. Junnichi Matsumoto, Deputy Director of Headquarter for Siting of Nuclear Power Plants of TEPCO, explained that it is not possible to say that the reactor cores are not melted. The current image of the core is that the core has been melted dripping down to the core support plate. Some of the fuel cladding may have been broken to pop pellets. We are considering these states as a core melt. He also mentioned that we do not intend to define the core status, with so little is known about the actual state of the core.

A few days ago, Mr. Takashi Sawada, Vice Chairman of Atomic Energy Society (AESJ) of Japan, at a TV interview, explained a picture showing that the pellets are broken into pieces, falling at the bottom of the reactor vessel. However, this picture seems to have deleted quickly, since I could not find it in the AESJ website.

ambersharick

And from Day 43 entry - four hydrogen explosions?

although there occurred four hydrogen explosions. This largest release event is likely from the 1F3. I claim that this highly contaminated region in Iidate-mura, is through a black rain, a heavy shower of rain occurred at the time of Hirosima-Nagasaki atomic bombing, as well in the Chernobyl accident.

ambersharick

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
Anybody want to tell me what the daily dosage and substance that is necessary to stop uptake of cesium, plutonium, uranium, strontium into my children's bodies is for the next 30 - 10,000 years?

Thanks.

Please sense the irony here. But hey, if you got an answer put'er up.

no problem , kids will love this:

And I always thought tang was cool , because you know it's the space drink, so I am sure this will be a big hit :

But in all fairness , defense will be impossible even if exposure is only 1/10th of one percent above normal , so

Repair technology seems a better answer ( as in disassemble the "MEDICAL" industry in the U.S. and build a true biological science as applied to the human machine system) , why are stem cells so magical ?:

Telomerase ( or a bit more digestible )

But longevity seems to run opposite a few peoples plans as THE u.s is a 'FOOD TOXIC ENVIRONMENT' commercially . and becoming more and more so environmentally

One problem with using Telomerase as a fixit, reverse aging deivce is the cancer link, so solving cancer seems to be something that will immediately be followed the ability to stop and reverse aging ...interesting how these two tie together, especially as telomerase was discovered in 1984 but the discoverers did not get the noble prize for it until 2009....I'm sure it's not political like Einstein never winning a noble prize for relativity but instead getting one in 1921 for the photo-electric effect which was from a paper he wrote in 1905, or like the Smithsonian still to this day snubbing Tesla asthe inventor of radio and inventor of the modern AC transmission systems...

So it would seem that the likelihood of what is needed already exists if we can just figured out which people and what bone joints to pry on , just sayin.

To steal an idea from Terry Pratchetts book : Strata , we should base money on life hours/days (instead of gold or whatnot) , and that would solve the science enables immortality problems that come from curing cancer.

On slightly different Note I think that The Japanese people ( and people all over the world ) should realize it's not just any one leader be it political or private but the system itself that is being used to choke the life out of people and the world , one little 'no immediate threat' step at a time. This video may have already been posted ( and I already linked it ) but notice how the police are being used , almost directed , by the nameless Tepco employee to suppress and control information:

I feel sorry for the employees, perhaps Tepco can hire the Red Queen from alice in wonder land so that the new company motto can be : Tepco believing six impossible things before breakfast every day

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
"No Immediate threat to health" works fine for politicians because they all have short terms in office and then collect their hefty pensions. So by the time the threat to health materializes it will be someone else's problem

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
From The Associated Press, April 25, 2011 - 3:11 PM
Austrian chancellor calls for nuclear-free Europe on eve of Chernobyl anniversary

www.canadianbusiness.com/markets/market_news/article.jsp?content=D9MQSEQO0

VIENNA (AP) - Austria's chancellor called for a nuclear-free Europe on Monday, pledging to do his part to make this happen.

Austria is an ardent opponent of nuclear power and has no operating plants of its own. It has seen its critical stance reinforced by the Japanese nuclear crisis that has raised questions about the safety of atomic energy.

(...)

---

China's perspective

Anti-nuclear protesters demonstrate in Austria on eve of Chernobyl disaster anniversary
2011-04-26 06:09:12

news.xinhuanet.com/english2010/world/2011-04/26/c_13845548.htm

VIENNA, April 25 (Xinhua) -- Two anti-nuclear protests took place in two cities of Austria on Monday, on the eve of the 25th anniversary of the Chernobyl nuclear disaster and after Japan's nuclear accident at Fukushima.

(...)

Another anti-nuclear rally took place in Salzburg, the fourth largest city of Austria, on the same day, Austrian Broadcasting ( ORF) reported.

The Global 2000 organized the two anti-nuclear protests in Vienna and Salzburg, aiming to use the 25th anniversary of the Chernobyl nuclear disaster as an opportunity to call on all mankind to fight against nuclear power.

It has estimated that some 2,000 and 5,000 people would participate at the demonstrations. But the actual attendance was much smaller than expected.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Ibaraki Farmers to Seek 1.8-B.-Yen Damages over Radiation

jen.jiji.com/jc/eng?g=eco&k=2011042500915

Mito, Ibaraki Pref., April 25 (Jiji Press)--A group of agricultural and dairy producers in the eastern Japan prefecture of Ibaraki will demand that Tokyo Electric Power Co. pay 1,846 million yen in damages in total over radiation leaks from the crippled nuclear power plant in Fukushima Prefecture, north of Ibaraki.

(...)

(2011/04/25-23:54)

---

Govt Bans Shipments of Shiitake from Motomiya, Fukushima

jen.jiji.com/jc/eng?g=eco&k=2011042500351

Tokyo, April 25 (Jiji Press)--The Japanese government on Monday instructed a ban on shipments of "shiitake" mushrooms grown outdoors in Motomiya, Fukushima Prefecture, as radioactive materials above safety limits have been detected in the product.

(...)

(2011/04/25-13:05)

edit on 25-4-2011 by jjjtir because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
The reference to Telomerase above refers to ongoing dna destruction due to radiation and/or aging.

A frequency of 528 Hertz heals damaged dna...

Love signal; music & frequency 528 Hz www.youtube.com...

edit on 25-4-2011 by Communicater because: addition

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Helen Caldicott blasts George Monbiot and other nuclear proponents in Australian newspaper:

The Age - National Times

Some snippets:

Proponents of nuclear power - including George Monbiot, who has had a mysterious road-to-Damascus conversion to its supposedly benign effects - accuse me and others of ''cherry-picking'' data and overstating the health effects of radiation. Yet by reassuring the public that things aren't too bad, Monbiot and others misrepresent and distort the scientific evidence of the harmful effects of radiation exposure.

Their first piece of disinformation is to confuse the effects of external and internal radiation. The former is what populations were exposed to when atomic bombs were detonated over Hiroshima and Nagasaki in 1945.

The grave effects of internal emitters are of the most profound concern at Fukushima - as indeed they continue to be at Chernobyl. It is erroneous and misleading to use the term ''acceptable levels of external radiation'' in assessing internal radiation doses. To do so is to propagate inaccuracies and to mislead the public worldwide and journalists who are seeking the truth about radiation's hazards.

Finally, there is widespread confusion about the roles of the World Health Organisation and the International Atomic Energy Commission. Monbiot expresses surprise that a UN-affiliated body such as WHO might be under the influence of the nuclear power industry, causing its reporting on nuclear power matters to be biased. And yet that is precisely the case.

On May 28, 1959, at the 12th World Health Assembly, WHO drew up an agreement with the International Atomic Energy Agency. A clause of this agreement says the WHO effectively grants the right of prior approval over any research it might undertake or report on to the IAEA - a group that many people, including journalists, think is a neutral watchdog, but which is, in fact, an advocate for the nuclear power industry. Its founding papers state: ''The agency shall seek to accelerate and enlarge the contribution of atomic energy to peace, health and prosperity through the world.''

The WHO's subjugation to the IAEA is widely known within the scientific radiation community, something which Monbiot chose to ignore. But it is clearly not the only matter on which he is ignorant, after his recent apparent three-day perusal of the vast body of scientific information on radiation and radioactivity. The confusion that he and other nuclear industry apologists sow about radiation risks is very similar to the way that the tobacco industry propounded misinformation and lies about the true effects of smoking.

Despite their claims, it is they, not the ''anti-nuclear movement'', who are ''misleading the world about the impacts of radiation on human health''.

I love this woman !

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverlok

Originally posted by Silverlok
On slightly different Note I think that The Japanese people ( and people all over the world ) should realize it's not just any one leader be it political or private but the system itself that is being used to choke the life out of people and the world , one little 'no immediate threat' step at a time. This video may have already been posted ( and I already linked it ) but notice how the police are being used , almost directed , by the nameless Tepco employee to suppress and control information:

You get a star from me for that observation. This point needs to be repeated again and again because really few people appear to understand the implications.

Remember too how far this may go even in supposed democracy like the USA, where we have seen police and I believe also the military, if not mercenary forces, employed by BP to control access to large areas of the Gulf during the weeks following the oil spill.

A question mark hangs over who did employ those various forces at that time. It could have been the federal government. In fact, both the TEPCO Fukushima and the BP Gulf fiascos underline how meshed governments and corporations are in this world. This is surely an international issue not one belonging to just Japan or the USA.

edit on 25-4-2011 by Tallone because: Added the highlighted text

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

For those ATS readers who don't know:

Helen Caldicott is anti nuclear

George Monbiot was anti nuclear but is now pro nuclear.

The argument is that due to 'global warming' clean energies such as nuclear power are the best way forward. Unclean energies such as coal are worse than nuclear power because they cause global warming.

Before Fukushima the Global Warming pro nuclear lobby was way out in front but since the accident rating was raised to 7 there are far fewer pro nuclear arguments by the global warming crowd. They are quickly losing ground and many are fighting back as hard as possible.

There is also a lot of personal animosity between Caldicott and Monbiot.

edit on 25/4/11 by imlite because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 782  783  784    786  787  788 >>

join